Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Milan needs a revolution

KillerMax
post Feb 19 2011, 02:15 AM
Post #16

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,388

I abandoned this thread like Allegri is abandoning Sokratis Papastathopoukhoouloopoolookoollomoooloojooloohulutulous!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

dst
post Feb 19 2011, 03:25 AM
Post #17

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 911

You missed an o.

+Quote Post

il_diavolo_mtl
post Feb 19 2011, 07:32 AM
Post #18

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,245

QUOTE (dst @ Feb 18 2011, 09:25 PM) *
You missed an o.

LMAO well played

+Quote Post

Panama Devil
post Feb 19 2011, 11:08 AM
Post #19

Pulcini 97

Member No.: 1,918

Totally agree with KillerMax.

Who is the best option we have to be our captain right now?

Do we honestly have that one person that can carry the armband like Baresi and then Maldini did... at least during the past 20 years?

I donĀ“t think so.

Please bring Paolo Maldini to the bench... just to have him there!!!

We need somebody that can step up and shout: THIS IS AC MILAN, THIS IS MY TEAM... and then kick the guy into the hole............

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Feb 19 2011, 12:11 PM
Post #20

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

I just realised that in another 3-5 years, when the mainstays of the old Carlo team retire our Nesta, Ambro, Rino, Zee, Pirlo...then our next captain is gonna be Pato. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif) Keeping in mind, our standard rules for captaincy. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)

I don't think he's ready. I don't even think he's right.

+Quote Post

Milan Are Brilli...
post Feb 19 2011, 12:17 PM
Post #21

Berretti
Group Icon

Member No.: 90

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Feb 19 2011, 11:11 AM) *
I just realised that in another 3-5 years, when the mainstays of the old Carlo team retire our Nesta, Ambro, Rino, Zee, Pirlo...then our next captain is gonna be Pato. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif) Keeping in mind, our standard rules for captaincy. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)

If he stays he will be like 25/26 by then I'm sure he would have matured considerably.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Feb 19 2011, 12:19 PM
Post #22

Berretti

Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Feb 19 2011, 04:11 PM) *
I just realised that in another 3-5 years, when the mainstays of the old Carlo team retire our Nesta, Ambro, Rino, Zee, Pirlo...then our next captain is gonna be Pato. Keeping in mind, our standard rules for captaincy.

Stop reading Giancarlo's blog and the comments therein. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/realmad.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) I'm sure you got the drift.

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Feb 19 2011, 04:11 PM) *
I don't think he's ready. I don't even think he's right.

Silva's the man. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif) Unless of course, we get a high-quality Azzuri NT player in.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Feb 19 2011, 12:35 PM
Post #23

Group Icon

Gianfranco you idiot. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) And I do go there a lot, though I don't agree with the man's ideas 50% of the time.

If people posted news updates here more often, I wouldn't have to do that. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post

acid911
post Feb 19 2011, 12:44 PM
Post #24

Berretti

Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Feb 19 2011, 04:35 PM) *
Gianfranco you idiot.

Yeah, that too. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) I stand corrected. I had a funny feeling something was not right after I hit the button. And then it hit me, it was the name.

And I do go there a lot, though I don't agree with the man's ideas 50% of the time.

Yeah, he is a weird little fella, quite rigid in his ideas. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) But the man puts up good stuff on his blog most of the time (not that I agree with all of it), and has tactical knowledge to boot. Besides, I've learned to never argue with someone who has "Brazilian Banter" as one his blog categories.

If people posted news updates here more often, I wouldn't have to do that.

Agreed. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) I go there one a day at least. For the news. And articles.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Feb 19 2011, 05:41 PM
Post #25

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

There will be a revolution this summer. A lot of (unnecessary) players will leave and a few quality signings will be made. The goal of this season has been winning the league from the very start, but coming next season our main objective will be the Champions League. Mark my words fellas, the great Milan will be soon coming back.

This post has been edited by X-Offender: Feb 19 2011, 05:41 PM

+Quote Post

Milan Are Brilli...
post Feb 19 2011, 05:43 PM
Post #26

Berretti
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 19 2011, 04:41 PM) *
There will be a revolution this summer. A lot of (unnecessary) players will leave and a few quality signings will be made. The goal of this season has been winning the league from the very start, but coming next season our main objective will be the Champions League. Mark my words fellas, the great Milan will be soon coming back.

I'm not discounting your optimism, or really questioning you. I'm just going to ask who can we sign (afford/attract) who are going to make us drastically better?

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Feb 19 2011, 05:56 PM
Post #27

QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Feb 19 2011, 06:43 PM) *
I'm not discounting your optimism, or really questioning you. I'm just going to ask who can we sign (afford/attract) who are going to make us drastically better?

Don't worry about attraction, my friend. Milan is one of the most prestigious clubs in the world. I can assure you that any player would choose us over the likes of Chelsea or Arsenal any day.

How can we afford them? Milan is one of the richest clubs in the world, owned by one of the richest and most powerful men in Italy. Money has never been an issue. We're not like Juventus, who don't have a single penny to spend at the moment. Instead, it's always been about Berlusconi's desire to spend. A desire that finally clicked last summer, and that will proceed in the following one as well. Besides, will the elections around the corner, it's a very effective tool to gain some followers here and there.

You may ask how am I so sure about this. Well, I read news and rumors about Milan all day long, and the general perception is that we are going to be very active in the summer transfer window. Even Ibra said it himself, after the Tottenham game: "Let's concentrate on the league. We'll fight for the Champions League next season, when we'll have a competitive enough squad". It looks like Galliani has promised him a super-team for next season. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

This post has been edited by X-Offender: Feb 19 2011, 06:00 PM

+Quote Post

Milan Are Brilli...
post Feb 19 2011, 06:06 PM
Post #28

Berretti
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 19 2011, 04:56 PM) *
Don't worry about attraction, my friend. Milan is one of the most prestigious clubs in the world. I can assure you that any player would choose us over the likes of Chelsea or Arsenal any day.

You may ask how am I so sure about this. Well, I read news and rumors about Milan all day long, and the general perception is that we are going to be very active in the summer transfer window. Even Ibra said it himself, after the Tottenham game: "Let's concentrate on the league. We'll fight for the Champions League next season, when we'll have a competitive enough squad". It looks like Galliani has promised him a super-team for next season. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

In all honesty I don't think we do. Sure we are prestigious and our history is immense etc. In the 90's early 00's I'd say players would come to us. Though I genuinely believe players are more inclined to go to the La Liga or EPL nowadays than they are Serie A. When has a player who has been firing really well been labelled real 'World Class' in either EPL/La Liga and linked with lots of clubs (whilst playing outside of Italy) moved to the Serie A in recent years, I just can't remember many. Obviously there was Eto'o but we all know that was linked to Ibra. Again, with Robinho he wasn't really that great of a player at City. I'm talking signing someone like Tevez or Aguero etc.

It's all good being generic but for actual players out there that we can get I don't know. Mexes? Yes. Who else though, we don't need forwards we have depth there plenty. We need midfielders and full-backs it's probably about time we finally try and play with some width or at least have some wingers for a 'plan b' as well. Signing young Brazilians like these names I hear 'Ganso' etc I wouldn't say are guaranteed to make us better either, at least not straight away. There's a lot of adapting to do before that, even Kaka took a few years before he really took off. I just can't think of top-class names who we would get, like individually rather than just saying it generically.

I never doubted us being active in the transfer market but there is a difference between being active and signing real, top-quality that are going to strongly improve us (to CL contenders). We're just so far behind at the moment, Spurs weren't exactly really fortunate to beat us, and I think if we played a top, top side in the CL we'd have a bit of a similar outcome to last year with United.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Feb 20 2011, 05:39 AM
Post #29

Tevez and Aguero would cost us millions, and we've never been known for spending huge amounts on certain players. It's easy to pinpoint a quality player and flush away the money in order to sign him, like Madrid, Chelsea or City do. The real manager's ability lies in pinpointing "hidden" opportunities and catching them whilst nobody is looking. Galliani and Braida are masters at doing that. That's how we built a superb team in the last decade, by spending very little compared to the major European powerhouses. And I'm certain Galliani has by now individuated those players that will make us competitive in Europe again. After all, we already have a quality team. We just need to get rid of some deadweight and strengthen our weak spots.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Feb 20 2011, 07:16 AM
Post #30

Group Icon

Well we have spent big. Rui Costa comes to mind. As does Nesta. The difference is they were awesome for us. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 01:55 PM