post Oct 24 2006, 12:28 AM
Post #1

Esordienti A 95

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 874

No panic, says Gattuso

Monday 23 October, 2006
goal.com

Despite Milan’s disappointing start to the season, Gennaro Gattuso has denied that there is any panic in the Rossoneri camp.

The Diavoli slipped to a 2-0 home defeat at the hands of Palermo last night and now trail their city rivals Inter by 11 points, but Ringhio insists that they are still ready to fight for the title.

“We’re not playing brilliantly, but it’s not a crisis,” the ex-Rangers star insisted at the launch of his book ‘Italy 2-0 Germany: The Diary of a World Cup Month’.

“We can’t be accused of a lack of motivation. I’m 28 and I’ve won everything, but I don’t like it when people say that I’m not giving my all. It’s not true because I’ve still got ambitions.”

Milan’s stars have looked a little sluggish at the start of the campaign, prompting suggestions that several of Carlo Ancelotti’s men are suffering from a World Cup hangover – a point that Gattuso accepts.

“You need to remember that Andrea Pirlo, Alessandro Nesta and I have only had 10 days holiday and have been playing constantly since,” he stressed.

“However, without the Calciopoli handicap we’d have 12 points and be at least amongst the leaders and on track for the Scudetto.”

For now the priority for Gattuso and his colleagues will be ensuring maximum points this Wednesday when they travel to the Stadio Bentegodi to face Chievo ahead of the weekend’s all-important Milan derby.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

HasanHasanly
post Oct 24 2006, 05:30 PM
Post #2

Esordienti A 95

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 476

I agree with Gattuso. Because last year we were like i think 11 points away from Juve at the end of the season. After three games we finished the season 3 points behind. We had Sheva, but i think if we can build our game better, we can even beat the stupid Inter.

+Quote Post

Portman
post Oct 24 2006, 05:32 PM
Post #3

Berretti

Member No.: 347

Why panic? We're just 11 or 12 points behind the leader.

Maybe when we get 15 or 16 (maybe even this week) we must be worried. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

+Quote Post

mishie
post Oct 24 2006, 05:50 PM
Post #4

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,072

the other sides such as merda,roma and to a smaller extent palermo are inconsistent so with some hard work and are players coming into form a good run of 4-5 games we will be up there. its better to be struggling for form now so we can have enough time to rectify the problems that we have. we have to many class players and staff for this run of disappointing results and form to continue. i believe that we learn from our last 4 games and adjust are tactics slightly then a good run of results will come and it will start tomorrow against chievo (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Oct 24 2006, 10:38 PM
Post #5

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (HasanHasanly @ Oct 24 2006, 07:30 PM)
I agree with Gattuso. Because last  year we were like i think 11 points away from Juve at the end of the season. After three games we finished the season 3 points behind. We had Sheva, but i think if we can build our game better, we can even beat the stupid Inter.

I dont think it's Inter that we should be worried about, they'll surely f@ck up (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

It's the smaller teams, the more hungry teams; Palermo, Udinese, & to some degree Roma (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Not to mention many other teams that are eyeing a higher league poistion this season, as I'v stated previously ..

But ofcourse, we have no game unless our strikers start doing their jobs

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:50 AM