han2503
post Apr 5 2014, 03:02 PM
Post #1

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

Monday night game... bleh.

Another 3 important points to get. Won't be easy as Genoa haven't been half bad this season.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Apr 5 2014, 08:50 PM
Post #2

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

After the Chievo match in particular, the team is starting to form this solid unit. Regardless of the final result, I hope the lads put in a good performance. Though 3 points would also be good while at it.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Apr 5 2014, 09:09 PM
Post #3

Berretti

Member No.: 3,736

Your last two sentences are pure generic fluff that could be said about any, repeat ANY, match, R7. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) No offense, but anything less than 3 points here would be a job not well done.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Apr 5 2014, 09:18 PM
Post #4

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

Yeah well, its not like we are neck in neck for first place, or the last CL seat are we (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

None taken (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

Danny
post Apr 5 2014, 09:56 PM
Post #5

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,730

Love how a 'no offence' and accompanying friendly emote manages to 'void' the acerbic and borderline insulting tone prior to it. It's a great disclaimer.

Anyway, this is going to be a tough match, but with the form we've just started to cultivate in the past 2 games, there is a chance we can win this. Fiorentina showed we can travel to a hard ground and get 3 points, and confidence is building just embryonically. Genoa are 2 places below us, but have always been a team we struggle against.

However, my prediction, or, I should say assertion is if we can win 5 of the last 7 matches, we'll clinch that EL spot. I'm writing off Roma and Inter matches for now. And tomorrow, to that end, is one of those must wins.

Unfortunately the build up has seen Honda publicly b*tching about Seedorf and his management, with him insisting he hates being on the right but Seedorf telling him he must play there. Don't really see why, if he must start, he can't interchange with the other 2 forwards. If he's not strong there Clarence, don't play him there.

After all, you haven't played DS on the right...oh wait...

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Apr 5 2014, 09:58 PM
Post #6

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (Danny @ Apr 5 2014, 09:56 PM) *
Love how a 'no offence' and accompanying friendly emote manages to 'void' the acerbic and borderline insulting tone prior to it. It's a great disclaimer.

You think what acid said was offensive? For real?

+Quote Post

han2503
post Apr 6 2014, 08:27 AM
Post #7

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Danny @ Apr 5 2014, 09:56 PM) *
Unfortunately the build up has seen Honda publicly b*tching about Seedorf and his management, with him insisting he hates being on the right but Seedorf telling him he must play there. Don't really see why, if he must start, he can't interchange with the other 2 forwards. If he's not strong there Clarence, don't play him there.

I don't see Honda's words as "bitching" about anything tbh. He said that he and Seedorf communicate a lot and he seems to appreciate that part of their player-coach relationship. All he said is that he prefers to play in the centre and he does his best work there but is willing to play on the right to accommodate the coach's needs for his system.

I'd hardly call that bitching.

And really, acid was just being his usual self. I'd hardly call that offensive. Have you seen him annoying the hell out of me about spelling? And everyone here has an occasional key stroke mishap, but do you see him getting on their back? NO. Just me

(Sorry acid but it's true (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) )

+Quote Post

han2503
post Apr 6 2014, 08:28 AM
Post #8

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Oh and btw, Inter drew last night so it's a great chance or us to claw back another 2 points. We mustn't miss this opportunity

+Quote Post

Danny
post Apr 6 2014, 12:28 PM
Post #9

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 5 2014, 08:58 PM) *

No, where did I say that?

+Quote Post

Danny
post Apr 6 2014, 12:28 PM
Post #10

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 6 2014, 07:28 AM) *
Oh and btw, Inter drew last night so it's a great chance or us to claw back another 2 points. We mustn't miss this opportunity

This is as 'must win' as they come. The latest 'must win' in a long line of 'must wins' we are going through these days.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Apr 6 2014, 12:29 PM
Post #11

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 6 2014, 07:27 AM) *
I don't see Honda's words as "bitching" about anything tbh. He said that he and Seedorf communicate a lot and he seems to appreciate that part of their player-coach relationship. All he said is that he prefers to play in the centre and he does his best work there but is willing to play on the right to accommodate the coach's needs for his system.

I'd hardly call that bitching.

Way it was worded he didn't sound happy at all. But I guess performances on the pitch will tell us who's right.

And really, acid was just being his usual self. I'd hardly call that offensive. Have you seen him annoying the hell out of me about spelling? And everyone here has an occasional key stroke mishap, but do you see him getting on their back? NO. Just me

(Sorry acid but it's true (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) )

He hates you that's why (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Apr 6 2014, 12:48 PM
Post #12

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (Danny @ Apr 6 2014, 12:28 PM) *
No, where did I say that?

The part I quoted?

+Quote Post

acid911
post Apr 6 2014, 01:27 PM
Post #13

Berretti

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Apr 6 2014, 02:18 AM) *
Yeah well, its not like we are neck in neck for first place, or the last CL seat are we

True, that. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/innocent.gif) Some season, huh, man?

When it started I knew that Allegri was long past his sell by date, and it really should have not come down to a mid season firing of the coach. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) That usually does more harm than good. But then this little whirlwind of the past few months, oh dear. It could get worse, but I've seen much greener days.

I just hope we somehow bounce back to first or second next year. Depends on the signings.

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Apr 6 2014, 02:18 AM) *
None taken

Ha, I was just kidding brotherman. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Trying to ruffle some feathers. What you said is true, and as is the ensuing discussion. Even if we are playing Genoa, away, it will not be an easy match. But to really show that the team is getting back up, we should try and aim for at least 19 points out of the remaining encounters.

QUOTE (Danny @ Apr 6 2014, 02:56 AM) *

All in the words, I say, Danny. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blush.gif)

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 6 2014, 02:58 AM) *

Ha, far from it, mate. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) But I can see why it reads that way, should probably have worded it better. Besides, while I love and respect every member here, there are just a handful (Han, R7, Trini, Pirate and William) that I joke around or kid around with. One I am just in awe with (Bauer). (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif) I am sure these guys know that.

As I mentioned in one of my posts a few years back, I learned real quick that everyone is fighting their own little wars in life, and the last thing I want to do is barge in with my own battles by offending a person, or showing attitude. And that's not to say I don't get angry every once in a while, but not losing control is imperative for me.

Because you lose control, you lose yourself. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mellow.gif) But enough philosophy.

Getting back to football, even though my interest in the game is not what it once was, I am aware that for most clubs, the ones that do not have an endless pile of cash, the dynamics can change at a whim. One would think it's a straightforward match up going in, and there are enough factors that can turn things upside down.

So while 3 points for us are a must, I'd understand if the team cannot manage it for some reason. This is the reality of the game these days, you just can't go in with a solid before the whistle blows.

QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 6 2014, 01:27 PM) *

You got it, Han. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Well said.

QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 6 2014, 01:27 PM) *
(Sorry acid but it's true)

It, cent per cent, is, buddy. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif) What would I do without you?! Though I do have a couple of other guys like you in one or two other forums that I frequent (not football, just general ones). It's fun picking on their mistakes, every now and then, and they get a good kick out of it every time.

All in good fun, gives a little human touch to these online communities.

QUOTE (Danny @ Apr 6 2014, 05:29 PM) *
He hates you that's why

Nah, Han's got it made, that's why. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) I envy the guy, sometimes I feel like he's 12, without a worry in life, and all the time in the world. And he lives in Malta, the coolest (though I would say freshest) country on the planet. Malta. The orange country. Though how these guys fought in World War II, I just say massive respect.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Apr 6 2014, 04:50 PM
Post #14

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (acid911 @ Apr 6 2014, 01:27 PM) *
It, cent per cent, is, buddy. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif) What would I do without you?! Though I do have a couple of other guys like you in one or two other forums that I frequent (not football, just general ones). It's fun picking on their mistakes, every now and then, and they get a good kick out of it every time.

All in good fun, gives a little human touch to these online communities.

True that! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/king.gif)

QUOTE (acid911 @ Apr 6 2014, 01:27 PM) *
Nah, Han's got it made, that's why. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) I envy the guy, sometimes I feel like he's 12, without a worry in life, and all the time in the world. And he lives in Malta, the coolest (though I would say freshest) country on the planet. Malta. The orange country. Though how these guys fought in World War II, I just say massive respect.

Well you know, people here like to complain a lot, but compared to other countries we really do have it easy over here.

And you should come visit the orange some time in the future. You'll love it! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post

acid911
post Apr 6 2014, 05:46 PM
Post #15

Berretti

QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 6 2014, 09:50 PM) *
True that!

Privileged to be a part of this neat community. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/devil.gif)

Well you know, people here like to complain a lot, but compared to other countries we really do have it easy over here.

Big countries, big problems. Small countries, small problems. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) I'd choose the smaller ones any day, because really, a busy lifestyle is not my idea of a fun time. I'd much rather kick back and enjoy life at my own pace. Instead of following the herd, or doing what the media asks me to do.

And you should come visit the orange some time in the future. You'll love it!

On my to do list, mate. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Maybe a short vacation some years down the road? That's just what I love about these countries, the peace and quiet. Croatia and New Zealand are my favorite too for this very reason. You get away from the hustle of life, things move at their own pace. You are lucky you call it home.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:34 AM