Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Juve and Viola confident

misha
post Jul 22 2006, 01:42 PM
Post #1

Allievi Regionali B

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 787

Last week, Juve were relegated to Serie B and docked 30 points for next season, while Fiorentina were also demoted and hit with a 12-point penalty.

Lazio and Milan were also penalised as a result of the scandal, but all four clubs launched their appeals against the verdicts on Saturday.

Speaking before the start of the next stage in the process, Juventus lawyer Cesare Zaccone voiced his belief that the Old Lady would see their punishment reduced.

Zaccone said: "There are really big margins to reduce the points deduction."

Fiorentina supremo Diego Della Valle is also confident his club will be cleared of any charges of trying to rig games.

"We did nothing," affirmed Della Valle. "Let's hope they will allow us to defend ourselves.

"We are here to clear things. Let's hope only these judges will be able to judge and to see all the papers because we did nothing.

"Anyway, I'm confident."

The outcome of the appeals is due to be announced no later than Tuesday as that is when Uefa require the submission of Italian teams to play in European competition next term.

sky sports
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

misha
post Jul 22 2006, 01:44 PM
Post #2

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 787

QUOTE (mishale @ Jul 22 2006, 02:42 PM)
The outcome of the appeals is due to be announced no later than Tuesday as that is when Uefa require the submission of Italian teams to play in European competition next term.

There is still hope for us to play in the CL

This post has been edited by mishale: Jul 22 2006, 01:45 PM

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jul 22 2006, 04:11 PM
Post #3

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (mishale @ Jul 22 2006, 12:44 PM)
There is still hope for us to play in the CL

First we have to win the appeal. And I still don't think that we will be able to make it before the UEFA deadline (hope I'm wrong though (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) )

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Jul 22 2006, 04:52 PM
Post #4

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

I don't know how strong of a case we have, but I'm crossing my fingers to the fact that we r innocent as Berlusconi stated ..

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:13 AM