Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Moggi: We didn't want Gila

Boban
post Jul 30 2005, 02:58 AM
Post #1

Esordienti B 96

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 79

Juve transfer guru Luciano Moggi insists Juve are still the Scudetto favourites and that they don't regret leaving Alberto Gilardino to Milan.

“I don’t consider the Rossoneri to be superior to Juventus,” said the director general in an interview with Radio Radio. “They are on a par with us and Inter.”

In what has so far been a relatively quiet summer on the transfer front, Milan have been the most active with the arrival of Marek Jankulovski, Johann Vogel, Christian Vieri and former Parma hitman Gilardino. It was strongly reported the 23-year-old striker was on Juve’s wish-list as well as that of Chelsea.

“We did not challenge Milan for Gilardino’s signature because we have Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Adrian Mutu, Alessandro Del Piero, David Trezeguet and Marcelo Zalayeta,” assured Moggi. “It was an excellent move for them, but I don’t think he is any better than our strikers and our best tactic is to avoid clutter in the squad.”

This could well include some stellar departures, as after Enzo Maresca’s move to Sevilla and Alessio Tacchinardi’s switch to Villarreal, now Fabrizio Miccoli is set to leave the Stadio delle Alpi.

“He is a player who always manages to score 13-15 goals per season. There aren’t many of his like around and Miccoli is also very young,” stated the director general. However, it is reported that the former Fiorentina hitman has been offered to Inter in an exchange deal for Cristiano Zanetti.

“Inter have certainly reinforced their squad, especially with the arrival of David Pizarro and Walter Samuel. Milan and Juventus have also brought in champions such as Patrick Vieira, so we’ll see who comes out on top. I think we have created a strong foundation for the squad and we don’t need any other players.”

It looks to be a three-horse race once again for the Serie A title, but Moggi sees the influence of smaller sides increasing this year.

“I believe Juve, Milan and Inter will fight it out for the top spot, but fourth place is a battle between Sampdoria, Palermo and a little further behind Udinese,” he concluded. “Roma could be in there if they didn’t have this transfer embargo, which I consider to be rather over the top. We have a good rapport with President Franco Sensi’s club and all past misunderstandings have been clarified.”
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Boban
post Jul 30 2005, 03:00 AM
Post #2

Esordienti B 96

Member No.: 79

they will regret it wen sheva and him score 50 goals together which i think they will do all they need is a bit of support from the mid and they will get a load of goals

+Quote Post

m1ke
post Jul 30 2005, 03:00 AM
Post #3

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Keep talking Moggi (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

He's just jealous (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

Milan Are Brilli...
post Aug 10 2005, 07:08 PM
Post #4

Berretti
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 90

Yes he is jealous, however they might get Antonio Cassano but I would still much rather super Gila.

+Quote Post

acmilanfan
post Aug 11 2005, 09:36 AM
Post #5

Pulcini 97

Member No.: 102

QUOTE (Sheva Is Brilliant 05 @ Aug 10 2005, 09:08 PM)
Yes he is jealous, however they might get Antonio Cassano but I would still much rather super Gila.

Cassano is great talent but awful person.He's selfish , undisciplined, bad tempred, nothing like a team player.He involved himself in confrontation with every single manager he worked with - including Capello.

Never wanted him at MILAN and HOPE he will never come

+Quote Post

Milan Are Brilli...
post Aug 11 2005, 06:27 PM
Post #6

Berretti
Group Icon

QUOTE (acmilanfan @ Aug 11 2005, 09:36 AM)
Cassano is great talent but awful person.He's selfish , undisciplined, bad tempred, nothing like a team player.He involved himself in confrontation with every single manager he worked with - including Capello.

I would be extremelly surprised if he did with all the top class attackers Milan boast at the moment.

+Quote Post

m1ke
post Aug 11 2005, 09:12 PM
Post #7

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (acmilanfan @ Aug 11 2005, 09:36 AM)

Haha, I'm glad someone posted it (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Whilst he has undeniable talent, I wouldn't really like to see him at Milan for pretty much of all the reasons you have listed.

Maybe he'll prove me wrong next season!

+Quote Post

Nova
post Aug 11 2005, 09:36 PM
Post #8

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 34

Ach Moggi , shut up and be happy you made Juve even more defense playing .

I'm still wondering how Juve won last year scudetto , biggest joke I've ever seen . The evidence and replay footage was there ... (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)

+Quote Post

Milan Are Brilli...
post Aug 11 2005, 09:39 PM
Post #9

Berretti
Group Icon

Yeh anybody who watches Juve are once again going to stereotype the Italian League by saying it's defensive and boring.

+Quote Post

Nova
post Aug 11 2005, 09:44 PM
Post #10

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Yeah ok , those who think the Seria A is boring are sometimes funny people. I had an Anderlecht fan telling me he hated Italian football , an Anderlecht fan !! (Probably his ex girlfriend had dumped him for an Italian) (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

Another funny thing ... When the belgian commentators spoke about the Milan - Inter euroderby it was boring Italian stuff ... Then when Chelsea played against Liverpool this year they called it a tactical masterpiece (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) Masterpiece my royal greek butt , THAT was boring !!

This post has been edited by Nova: Aug 11 2005, 09:45 PM

+Quote Post

Milan Are Brilli...
post Aug 11 2005, 09:47 PM
Post #11

Berretti
Group Icon

Yes, Liverpool V Chelsea was a disgrace to the English game. Hopefully people will see how not every team is defensive in Italy for example Milan especially after watching the CL final.

+Quote Post

Nova
post Aug 11 2005, 09:51 PM
Post #12

Giovanissimi Nazionali

It wont help ... People here still think Real madrid is the best team on the planet. That's what they like , attacking football , results like 5-4 etc etc ... And BIG BIG transfers like zidane and beckham (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

Really an idiotic country when it comes to football ...

+Quote Post

amancik
post Aug 12 2005, 01:08 AM
Post #13

Milanfan to Death

Member No.: 11

they used to be the best ... they need good defenders if they want to stay on top ...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 06:25 AM