Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Should Gattuso be sold?

Bluesummers
post Nov 28 2009, 10:44 PM
Post #16

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,660

Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti has insisted he does not expect Milan midfielder Gennaro Gattuso to follow him to Stamford Bridge in January.

Rumours are circulating suggesting the Italian international could be set to make a move to the Premier League in the New Year, most likely with his former Milan coach.

However, the Blues boss has offered little weight to the story, maintaining his expectancy of Gattuso to stay with the Rossoneri at least for the time being.

"Rino is a Milan player," said Ancelotti, according to the Daily Mirror.

"I had a good relationship with him, but I don't think he'll be coming here."

Chelsea were facing a transfer embargo for the next two transfer windows following their improper handling of the signing of youngster Gael Kakuta, but the ban has now been suspended.

Ancelotti currently has a wealth of midfield options at his disposal though, including Michael Essien, Jon Obi Mikel, Michael Ballack and Frank Lampard, amongst others.

Jamie Dunn, Goal.com UK
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Nov 28 2009, 10:44 PM
Post #17

Allievi Nazionali

AC Milan Vice-President Adriano Galliani Lining Up Potential Gattuso Replacements - Report

With the meeting between Adriano Galliani and Gennaro Gattuso seemingly not resolving a great deal with regards to the midfielder’s future, it seems the Rossoneri are studying their options as they look to avoid being caught short should ‘Ringhio’ decide to leave this winter.

According to Sportsmediaset, Milan have identified Fabio Simplicio, McDonald Mariga and Cristian Ledesma – as potential replacements for their midfield hard man.

Given the trio all occupy different roles in the midfield line; it is believed Parma’s Mariga is in pole position given his similar characteristics to the Italian World Cup winner.

However, since coach Leonardo already has Mathieu Flamini and Massimo Ambrosini covering the defence midfielder role; it could be likely that the Brazilian will search for an understudy to Andrea Pirlo.

Stefano Federici, Goal.com

IMO, let strasser play. Why waste the money? Take the money and go spend it on a fullback.

This post has been edited by Bluesummers: Nov 28 2009, 10:46 PM

+Quote Post

ganney
post Nov 28 2009, 10:51 PM
Post #18

Esordienti A 95

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,656

QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Nov 28 2009, 10:44 PM) *
IMO, let strasser play. Why waste the money? Take the money and go spend it on a fullback.

the ledesma story's getting interesting as he has asked for his contract to be rescinded. i'm not at all sure strasser is ready.

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Nov 28 2009, 10:54 PM
Post #19

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (ganney @ Nov 28 2009, 03:51 PM) *
the ledesma story's getting interesting as he has asked for his contract to be rescinded. i'm not at all sure strasser is ready.

But the problem with ledesma is we've got to pay his contract which will be 60k at least. I have no problem getting him if we can afford it but realistically I think its a waste.

We play with 1 DMF, 2 AM 2 Wingers and a CF.

always its, ambro, seedorf, pirlo, dinho, pato, borriello

We have flamini and gattuso on the bench. 2 worldclass dmf who don't even play. Thats why I don't think its worth the time to spend the money on a player who'se realistically not going to play all that much.

Let ambro and flamini play the games out and bring in strasser and let him develop. If we don't give our youth a chance, there is no point having a youth system. We might as well not waste the money and just buy players at the age 18 from other clubs.

saying that, having seen strasser play live and practice; he's very talented. We have Ikande, merkel, and novjnic as well in our youth system who are very decent players.

This post has been edited by Bluesummers: Nov 28 2009, 10:55 PM

+Quote Post

LaPalma
post Nov 29 2009, 02:21 PM
Post #20

Insert cool title here<--
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,792

I'm honestly shocked how fast people declare that Rino can go. He's one of the most respected players in Europe. Even here in Germany where Italian players are generally disliked Rino is a very respected player because of his aggresive style.
Also, he spent the best years of his career with Milan and was one of the main reasons we won the CL in 03 and 07. Selling him at the first sign of problems would be wrong.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 29 2009, 04:01 PM
Post #21

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (LaPalma @ Nov 29 2009, 02:21 PM) *
I'm honestly shocked how fast people declare that Rino can go. He's one of the most respected players in Europe. Even here in Germany where Italian players are generally disliked Rino is a very respected player because of his aggresive style.
Also, he spent the best years of his career with Milan and was one of the main reasons we won the CL in 03 and 07. Selling him at the first sign of problems would be wrong.

+1

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Nov 29 2009, 05:32 PM
Post #22

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

QUOTE (LaPalma @ Nov 29 2009, 01:21 PM) *

When a player who has practically spent the whole year injured and suspended cmes out and labels himself untouchable.. well, that's not who I want in my team.

+Quote Post

amancik
post Nov 29 2009, 07:44 PM
Post #23

Milanfan to Death

Member No.: 11

The weird thing is, he's unavailable because of injury and yet he complained about not playing? ... can't he at least wait until he's fit again?

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Nov 29 2009, 08:10 PM
Post #24

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

The thing is it might be the media twisting things or putting words in his mouth.

For instance if the question was along the lines of "What happens if you're fully fit, and you're still not considered to play?" and then he made the response he did, things would be a lot less controversial.

+Quote Post

amancik
post Nov 29 2009, 08:23 PM
Post #25

Milanfan to Death

Member No.: 11

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Nov 30 2009, 03:10 AM) *
The thing is it might be the media twisting things or putting words in his mouth.

For instance if the question was along the lines of "What happens if you're fully fit, and you're still not considered to play?" and then he made the response he did, things would be a lot less controversial.

You're may be right, either way, the last thing we need is distruption in the dressing room when we're currently in decent form.

+Quote Post

ganney
post Nov 29 2009, 11:43 PM
Post #26

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 6,656

i really can't start to imagine rino in another team's colours.. he's our man, i think he just need to come off his mighty horse and realise that his present form is in serious recession and every guy in the starting line-up has earned it so he needs to buckle up and get with the programme.

milan in the latter stages of the ECL without our snarler is just unthinkable

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Nov 29 2009, 11:53 PM
Post #27

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

I'm sure I'd survive.

+Quote Post

Protagonist
post Nov 30 2009, 12:10 AM
Post #28

Esordienti B 96

Member No.: 6,644

QUOTE (ganney @ Nov 29 2009, 11:43 PM) *
i really can't start to imagine rino in another team's colours.. he's our man, i think he just need to come off his mighty horse and realise that his present form is in serious recession and every guy in the starting line-up has earned it so he needs to buckle up and get with the programme.

milan in the latter stages of the ECL without our snarler is just unthinkable

Although I really want Gattuso to be out there again, I think we survived Shevchenko and Kaka, I think we can survive him. Considering our position in the league, I think we can move on without him.

+Quote Post

dst
post Nov 30 2009, 12:15 AM
Post #29

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

I cannot believe he's said those things. He's not a classy player but he's a fighter. He will battle for his place before he comes out with something like that.

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Nov 30 2009, 12:53 AM) *
I'm sure I'd survive.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Dec 1 2009, 08:34 PM
Post #30

Allievi Nazionali

Milan Chief Adriano Galliani: I've Tried Everything To Convince Gennaro Gattuso To Stay

Milan vice president Adriano Galliani is no more certain over Gennaro Gattuso's future at the club as he waits anxiously on a decision from the player.

Gattuso has been linked with an exit after findng limited chances under Leonardo's new tactical system. Local media in Milan has been rife with speculation suggesting the player is ready to turn his back on the club as relations became strained further.

However, Galliani has stepped in to raze the rumours, but his comments leave a hint of uncertainty.

"I have used all the methods possible to convince Gattuso, now we have to wait and see what happens," Galliani told Sky Sport Italia.

The club premier was then quick to move on from the awkward questions as he turned his attention to pitch matters. Galliani has lauded Klaas-Jan Huntelaar for his double strike against Catania, but has reminded the faithful not to compare him with the legendary Marco van Basten.

"Klaas scored a brilliant goal, but we must not compare him with van Basten," concluded the chief.

Salvatore Landolina, Goal.com

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 10:34 PM