Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Seriously,we need WHO?

dinho4eva
post Aug 17 2009, 05:57 PM
Post #1

Pulcini 99

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,742

we hav all the players..we hav good strikers(hunter,pippo,pato),EXCELLENT midfield(dinho,oirlo,gattuso) and a descent defence..so whom do u think milan should sign??
In my opinion ,we need not sign anymore players,we..we just need to motivate our team and think that we r strong..whaddaya think? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Danny
post Aug 17 2009, 06:04 PM
Post #2

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

If you look at our squad on paper it's a moderate to very good Italian club side - it is not a team, anymore, which is as good if not better than our historic rivals.

I think with our current team and management we will struggle to clinch 4th spot, and that is my target.

I disagree we have an excellent midfield - Pirlo has been terrible for 3 years, Ambrosini is far too workman to be classed as a great player, Flamini is a solid and dependable but unspectacular mid, Ronaldinho is not a midfielder, and Gattuso is a good worker and will defend from the middle but has little attacking instinct.

The only midfielder I feel we have mileage in is Seedorf, who, tbf, is actually one of the greatest midfielders to have ever played the game.

So I think the midfield needs a lot of work.

As for defence - while I rate both Gian and Marek highly, they're not getting any younger, and while Nesta doesn't need to be 17 to be world class, question marks hang over his fitness. The bright hope in there is Silva.

Up front I think we look healthy at last - Dinho, Pato, KJH, and Pippo. I won't count Borriello as he's the worst striker we've had outwith Oliveira and Gila.

+Quote Post

il_diavolo_mtl
post Aug 17 2009, 06:21 PM
Post #3

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,245

QUOTE (dinho4eva @ Aug 17 2009, 12:57 PM) *
we hav all the players..we hav good strikers(hunter,pippo,pato),EXCELLENT midfield(dinho,oirlo,gattuso) and a descent defence..so whom do u think milan should sign??
In my opinion ,we need not sign anymore players,we..we just need to motivate our team and think that we r strong..whaddaya think? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

Berlu so glad of you to post here at Milanfan (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 17 2009, 01:04 PM) *
If you look at our squad on paper it's a moderate to very good Italian club side - it is not a team, anymore, which is as good if not better than our historic rivals.

I think with our current team and management we will struggle to clinch 4th spot, and that is my target.

I disagree we have an excellent midfield - Pirlo has been terrible for 3 years, Ambrosini is far too workman to be classed as a great player, Flamini is a solid and dependable but unspectacular mid, Ronaldinho is not a midfielder, and Gattuso is a good worker and will defend from the middle but has little attacking instinct.

The only midfielder I feel we have mileage in is Seedorf, who, tbf, is actually one of the greatest midfielders to have ever played the game.

So I think the midfield needs a lot of work.

As for defence - while I rate both Gian and Marek highly, they're not getting any younger, and while Nesta doesn't need to be 17 to be world class, question marks hang over his fitness. The bright hope in there is Silva.

Up front I think we look healthy at last - Dinho, Pato, KJH, and Pippo. I won't count Borriello as he's the worst striker we've had outwith Oliveira and Gila.

Good post, but you let off some brain farts IMO with all in bold (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Aug 17 2009, 06:22 PM
Post #4

Token Girl
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2,800

As for who we need...well, here's my take.

I think we need at least one terzino (LB/RB) as the only one of the current lot that I think is really up to it is Zambrotta. (This is unless the team tries to convert Abate, who I still think could be a very good wingback). My first choice would be Lazio's De Silvestri even though he will be out for a month with injury. My second choice would be Roma's Marco Motta.

I also think the team would do well to get another playmaking midfielder -- a classical trequartista. If Van der Vaart is available, he'd probably be a good choice. So too would be Udinese's Gaetano D'Agostino.

Finally, I think the team needs a new keeper. Granted, Abbiati will be back in a month or so (and is already doing light training) but (sorry, Miz!) the other squad keepers do not inspire confidence. My pick would be either Marchetti or Consigli.

+Quote Post

il_diavolo_mtl
post Aug 17 2009, 06:25 PM
Post #5

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Wow sorry that wasn't answering the question at hand:S above any other player i would shockingly want Drenthe he would come cheap <10M imo and he is a jitterbug that runs like a ferrari and would bridge the Defense to the Forwards with ease. Great dribbler, great passing, intense shot and can play a wide array of positions (on the left side). He would be cheap and boost the team pace quite a bit considering no one has replaced kaka's speed in mid.

+Quote Post

il_diavolo_mtl
post Aug 17 2009, 06:36 PM
Post #6

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (Tennie @ Aug 17 2009, 01:22 PM) *
As for who we need...well, here's my take.

I think we need at least one terzino (LB/RB) as the only one of the current lot that I think is really up to it is Zambrotta. (This is unless the team tries to convert Abate*, who I still think could be a very good wingback). My first choice would be Lazio's De Silvestri** even though he will be out for a month with injury. My second choice would be Roma's Marco Motta***.

I also think the team would do well to get another playmaking midfielder -- a classical trequartista. If Van der Vaart is available, he'd probably be a good choice. So too would be Udinese's Gaetano D'Agostino.

Finally, I think the team needs a new keeper. Granted, Abbiati will be back in a month or so (and is already doing light training) but (sorry, Miz!) the other squad keepers do not inspire confidence. My pick would be either (Marchetti or Consigli)****.

*as much as i think he would be great as a RB, and the fact Zambro and ronnie had great chemistry on the left at barca at times(when he played LB), I feel we need Abate in midfield to push forward and to add pace to the counter-attack.
**I Doubt Silvio wants to get into a bidding war at this time against two teams with the money to slash around like juve and fiorentina.
***he won't be leaving i think he is IMO one of serie A's finest RB if you look at talent/age/potential/poise. And considering Roma Bought him for a pathetic 3.5M they will definitely keep him for at least a year provided no financial breakdowns occur.
****Next year with No keepers on the books i think we resign storari/abbiati as a backup to consigli/marchetti/HANDANCOVIC.

i would love any 3 of these, the first two for obvious reasons but the latter due to the fact i have watched him cap for slovenia every game (being half slovenian) and he is Sensational & young(25), he is a leader a poised PK stopper and mentally rigurous

+Quote Post

Danny
post Aug 18 2009, 12:51 AM
Post #7

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Aug 17 2009, 06:21 PM) *
Good post, but you let off some brain farts IMO with all in bold (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

Seedorf is the only player in history to win the CL with 3 different clubs, 4 times in all. His record and the clubs he's been at is absolutely peerless. He's quite probably the most under-rated player in world football. And before anyone throws the 'national honours' line at me, Maldini never won any either.

As for the other comment, I stand by that - Borriello is 100% garbage - I remember a match in which he missed about 898 chances. Slight exaggeration but nevertheless that one was one of his better matches!

Or do I misunderstand what you disagree with?

+Quote Post

Danny
post Aug 18 2009, 01:08 AM
Post #8

Allievi Nazionali

Sorry for hijacking the thread, there was just so much bait in that OP (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

Who would I realistically sign?

Well reality is we need more than just a few players to fix our problems, but that's not going to happen.

So I'd bring in:

Right back:

Alan Hutton. Yes, I would replace Zambrotta with the player he himself described as fantastic the one time he played against him. He cost Spurs 9M from Rangers, and hasn't really had a good run in the team thanks to an injury he's return from - he's the best Scottish player, other than Barry Ferguson, for years - maybe decades. Could handle Serie A and I'd love to see him at the San Siro - he's good enough, mark my words.

CM:

Fernando Reges of Porto. A truly superb midfielder, he gave one of the great defensive midfield displays when Porto played Utd at Old Trafford. Could be got on the cheap and will probably be worth £20M in a year or two.

AM/winger:

Darijo Srna - experienced yet only 27, a good versatile forward to play a multitude of positions - though mostly operates on the right.
Is waiting for his big chance for the big time.

CB:

Metzelder. 28 - it isn't working out at Madrid like it didn't for KJH. This guy is capable of being a lot more than he currently is, and despite his lack of club games he's a regular for his country. Another one we could prise away on the cheap from Real Madrid.

+Quote Post

il_diavolo_mtl
post Aug 18 2009, 01:10 AM
Post #9

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 17 2009, 07:51 PM) *
Seedorf is the only player in history to win the CL with 3 different clubs, 4 times in all. His record and the clubs he's been at is absolutely peerless. He's quite probably the most under-rated player in world football. And before anyone throws the 'national honours' line at me, Maldini never won any either.

As for the other comment, I stand by that - Borriello is 100% garbage - I remember a match in which he missed about 898 chances. Slight exaggeration but nevertheless that one was one of his better matches!

Or do I misunderstand what you disagree with?

If your argument is his resume then you got me on all but one factor, it is little but it is important none the less.
It is that which stands between signing Marco van basten/pele/mardona/larson...
Age.
Now before you come at me with "he's only 33" let me just say that some players due to their style, age better then others look at Ronaldo vs Pippo. Seedorf was an incredibly skilled athletic powerful mid who who dribble and shoot rockets at the net. Including that EPIC screamer from 45y out while at madrid. But now he is but a fragment of himself , a fragment that should not be starting everygame for us as most of his contributions are jogs and disgustingly easy tap-ins. He will occasionaly flash skills but he isn't equipped to deal with a starting role (see last year where he himself said he was overplayed).

Borrielo is definatly not garbage just the way Gila wasn't garbage. Boriello got 19 goals on a much less imposing genoa then last/this year and the year after gets injured horribly and is forced to rehab tirelessly, only to get injured again.........if you are pointing at his injury as a sign of him being "100% garbage" then i would of LOVED to see what you thought of Ricky when he hurt his leg in reggina!

to end this cunning retort i will only say that contrary to popular believe, Gila was,is and will always be an amazing talent,

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Aug 18 2009, 01:12 AM
Post #10

Token Girl
Group Icon

Fishdoll wouldn't mind Srna AT ALL. He's a great little player -- and can also play terzino -- and is entertaining to watch.

+Quote Post

il_diavolo_mtl
post Aug 18 2009, 01:16 AM
Post #11

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 17 2009, 08:08 PM) *
Sorry for hijacking the thread, there was just so much bait in that OP (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

Who would I realistically sign?

Well reality is we need more than just a few players to fix our problems, but that's not going to happen.

So I'd bring in:

Right back:

*Alan Hutton. Yes, I would replace Zambrotta with the player he himself described as fantastic the one time he played against him. He cost Spurs 9M from Rangers, and hasn't really had a good run in the team thanks to an injury he's return from - he's the best Scottish player, other than Barry Ferguson, for years - maybe decades. Could handle Serie A and I'd love to see him at the San Siro - he's good enough, mark my words.

CM:

**Fernando Reges of Porto. A truly superb midfielder, he gave one of the great defensive midfield displays when Porto played Utd at Old Trafford. Could be got on the cheap and will probably be worth £20M in a year or two.

AM/winger:

***Darijo Srna - experienced yet only 27, a good versatile forward to play a multitude of positions - though mostly operates on the right.
Is waiting for his big chance for the big time.

CB:

****Metzelder. 28 - it isn't working out at Madrid like it didn't for KJH. This guy is capable of being a lot more than he currently is, and despite his lack of club games he's a regular for his country. Another one we could prise away on the cheap from Real Madrid.

* i don't really know the player but i do know that UK players never really go outside of their leauges, outside of becks i don't know of many UK players playing abroad.
**I agree that a midfielder is an important need but i would definitely not go for another DM to replace your beloved seedorf (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) we are way to stacked there
*** completely agree but i thought he mostly played LB/RB :S
****they are going to keep him for depht i would think after giving away captain italia.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Aug 18 2009, 01:24 AM
Post #12

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Aug 18 2009, 01:10 AM) *
If your argument is his resume then you got me on all but one factor, it is little but it is important none the less.
It is that which stands between signing Marco van basten/pele/mardona/larson...
Age.
Now before you come at me with "he's only 33" let me just say that some players due to their style, age better then others look at Ronaldo vs Pippo. Seedorf was an incredibly skilled athletic powerful mid who who dribble and shoot rockets at the net. Including that EPIC screamer from 45y out while at madrid. But now he is but a fragment of himself , a fragment that should not be starting everygame for us as most of his contributions are jogs and disgustingly easy tap-ins. He will occasionaly flash skills but he isn't equipped to deal with a starting role (see last year where he himself said he was overplayed).

I would absolutely agree with the comment about dribbles and jogs almost entirely...but for one small thing...

First off, I recall 3 or so seasons ago the very thing we're both referring to - it was during a counter attack in a Milan derby, and he was on his way...then...jog...jog...slow...jog. I was screaming at him to get going - and it became symbolic of the way he played that season.

But hey, guess what, season 2007/2008 Clarence Seedorf was by far our best and most effective player. And I never thought I'd give him an iota of credit again after that previous shambles. But he was excellent 2 seasons ago, our dreadful points dock season. The one beacon that year.

He also scores plenty of great goals - his finish V Chelsea a couple of weeks ago, his goal V Man Utd in May 2007. He can still do it.

Borrielo is definatly not garbage just the way Gila wasn't garbage. Boriello got 19 goals on a much less imposing genoa then last/this year and the year after gets injured horribly and is forced to rehab tirelessly, only to get injured again.........if you are pointing at his injury as a sign of him being "100% garbage" then i would of LOVED to see what you thought of Ricky when he hurt his leg in reggina!

No, I point at the fact he's not very good in our colours. Borriello is a classic example of a Suazo, a Pizarro - a player who can't handle the pressure of playing for a big big team. These guys are big fish in small ponds, but then the giant club like Milan, Juve or Inter come a calling and it doesn't work out.

Gilardino is another example - he was adequate for us domestically, but in the CL he was pitiful. Great for the smaller Parma and Fiorentina. But being a Milan player is much more than Fio or Parma.

to end this cunning retort i will only say that contrary to popular believe, Gila was,is and will always be an amazing talent,

But not for us. Merely 'ok' which isn't anywhere near good enough for a club the size of us.

+Quote Post

il_diavolo_mtl
post Aug 18 2009, 01:29 AM
Post #13

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 17 2009, 08:24 PM) *
I would absolutely agree with the comment about dribbles and jogs almost entirely...but for one small thing...

First off, I recall 3 or so seasons ago the very thing we're both referring to - it was during a counter attack in a Milan derby, and he was on his way...then...jog...jog...slow...jog. I was screaming at him to get going - and it became symbolic of the way he played that season.

But hey, guess what, season 2007/2008 Clarence Seedorf was by far our best and most effective player. And I never thought I'd give him an iota of credit again after that previous shambles. But he was excellent 2 seasons ago, our dreadful points dock season. The one beacon that year.

He also scores plenty of great goals - his finish V Chelsea a couple of weeks ago, his goal V Man Utd in May 2007. He can still do it.

No, I point at the fact he's not very good in our colours. Borriello is a classic example of a Suazo, a Pizarro - a player who can't handle the pressure of playing for a big big team. These guys are big fish in small ponds, but then the giant club like Milan, Juve or Inter come a calling and it doesn't work out.

Gilardino is another example - he was adequate for us domestically, but in the CL he was pitiful. Great for the smaller Parma and Fiorentina. But being a Milan player is much more than Fio or Parma.

But not for us. Merely 'ok' which isn't anywhere near good enough for a club the size of us.

and with this post we have found middleground (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

Danny
post Aug 18 2009, 01:34 AM
Post #14

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Aug 18 2009, 01:16 AM) *
* i don't really know the player but i do know that UK players never really go outside of their leauges, outside of becks i don't know of many UK players playing abroad.

Hutton is good enough for any league - he's strong as an ox, got the kind of skill you expect from a class winger, has sprinter speed, and glides past players like they're not there. I'd honestly compare him to a young Cafu. Which is why he was called the Blue Cafu at Ibrox (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

**I agree that a midfielder is an important need but i would definitely not go for another DM to replace your beloved seedorf (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) we are way to stacked there

I would argue we have literally 2 DMs - Gattuso and Ambro. I would disagree that Flamini, Pirlo or Seedorf are - despite where Carlo played Pirlo. I'd still take Fernando.

*** completely agree but i thought he mostly played LB/RB :S

Like I say, versatile (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

****they are going to keep him for depht i would think after giving away captain italia.

Might still be worth a punt though - a decent offer could tempt them given they will be in all kinds of debt now.

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Aug 18 2009, 01:45 AM
Post #15

Token Girl
Group Icon

I remember reading an article earlier this summer explaining that Real had borrowed 220 mln Euros to finance the purchase of Kaka and Cristiano Ronaldo. And that the Spanish finance minister came down on the banks (both of them spanish) because they found money to loan to Real yet didn't have money to loan to small businesses. So yeah, lots of debt over and above what was already there --- they're gonna have to sell a LOT of jerseys.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 10:51 AM