post Oct 11 2008, 03:22 PM
Post #1

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 911

Milan push for Fabregas
Saturday 11 October, 2008

Milan are looking to the future with bids for Joao Moutinho and Cesc Fabregas as well as hiring Ruud Gullit as a talent scout.

Andrea Pirlo’s injury has ruled him out for two months and this has again shown there is no real tactical replacement for him in the deep midfield role.

According to the Corriere dello Sport, the club is already looking to next season with an attempt to solve this quandary.

They have locked their sights on to Sporting Lisbon star Joao Moutinho, who has a contract until 2013 and an expected price-tag of £20m.

Moutinho is an attacking midfielder who has been transformed into a playmaker in front of the defence.

However, the ideal candidate to reinforce the squad next season is Arsenal star Fabregas.

He had already been tempted into a move by Real Madrid, but currently remains in the Gunners line-up after winning Euro 2008 with Spain.

Milan are planning for the future by looking to the past, as legend Gullit has been hired as a talent scout for the club.

The Dutchman will watch over the North European players to find the best new prospects for Carlo Ancelotti.

::channel4::

I can't see Fabregas staying at Arsenal for long but I doubt he would choose Italy over Spain. I don't like his style of play and I don't believe he's as good as some suggest. I'd look elsewhere...

By the way, isn't it (waaaaaay) too soon for fantacalcio?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Locke Lamora
post Oct 11 2008, 04:02 PM
Post #2

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3,499

QUOTE (dst @ Oct 11 2008, 04:22 PM) *
I can't see Fabregas staying at Arsenal for long but I doubt he would choose Italy over Spain. I don't like his style of play and I don't believe he's as good as some suggest. I'd look elsewhere...

By the way, isn't it (waaaaaay) too soon for fantacalcio?

Still doubting Fabregas, dst?

+Quote Post

acid911
post Oct 11 2008, 04:38 PM
Post #3

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,736

Cesc is an immense player, but has some time till he joins the elite league. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/96.gif) He's on the right track, though! I'll give him that. Came a long way in the last 2-3 years.

+Quote Post

dst
post Oct 11 2008, 05:15 PM
Post #4

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Oct 11 2008, 06:02 PM) *

I don't doubt anybody. I'm just saying my evaluation of his qualities is not as high as others'... not as high as your evaluation probably... I'm not saying he's not good I'm just not going crazy over him like other people do. Not that I know better than them, I do the same with other players...

This post has been edited by dst: Oct 11 2008, 05:17 PM

+Quote Post

Locke Lamora
post Oct 11 2008, 05:21 PM
Post #5

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (dst @ Oct 11 2008, 06:15 PM) *
I don't doubt anybody. I'm just saying my evaluation of his qualities is not as high as others'... not as high as your evaluation probably... I'm not saying he's not good I'm just not going crazy over him like other people do. Not that I know better than them, I do the same with other players...

Well, last season he played 45 matches, scored 13 goals and provided 24 assists.
This equals making 37 goals in 45 matches, which I have to say is pretty damned impressing for a 21-year old.

+Quote Post

dst
post Oct 11 2008, 05:38 PM
Post #6

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Oct 11 2008, 07:21 PM) *
Well, last season he played 45 matches, scored 13 goals and provided 24 assists.
This equals making 37 goals in 45 matches, which I have to say is pretty damned impressing for a 21-year old.

You have an obsession with stats, I myself think stats are not even close to the whole truth; other players with less impressive stats on their record were picked ahead of Fabregas for Spain... what does this mean? It means absolutely nothing cause football is not numbers that's what I think.

You have to be a bit more relaxed... I did not say a single negative thing about him and I get the feeling that you are offended... I'd be dumb if I said he's not a great player and of course what he has achieved is impressive. But he's at the top level now and there differences count. It's not Guy 1 and Guy 2 here we're talking about immense talents and every asset or fault counts for much more than at a 5x5 side... all I'm saying is that I don't like his style (nothing to do with how good he is) and that I don't rate him as high as some people...

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Oct 11 2008, 08:06 PM
Post #7

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Oct 11 2008, 07:32 PM) *

I know I wouldn't doubt him after he stole the show from our big midfielders in our own backyard last season. but that's just one game. he has done much more than that...

The fact the he's a midfielder makes things even more impressive. I mean, we hadn't even heard the name of many now called world-class midfielders when they were 21. he is much, much ahead of his age, that's for sure.

As for Milan being after him, I think it's just pure bullsh1t, nothing more.

+Quote Post

Locke Lamora
post Oct 11 2008, 08:09 PM
Post #8

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (dst @ Oct 11 2008, 06:38 PM) *
You have to be a bit more relaxed... I did not say a single negative thing about him and I get the feeling that you are offended... I'd be dumb if I said he's not a great player and of course what he has achieved is impressive. But he's at the top level now and there differences count. It's not Guy 1 and Guy 2 here we're talking about immense talents and every asset or fault counts for much more than at a 5x5 side... all I'm saying is that I don't like his style (nothing to do with how good he is) and that I don't rate him as high as some people...

I'm not offended at all, not even a little bit.
I just found it weird that found him overrated.

+Quote Post

dst
post Oct 11 2008, 08:43 PM
Post #9

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Oct 11 2008, 10:09 PM) *
I'm not offended at all, not even a little bit.
I just found it weird that found him overrated.

I find him overrated but that does not mean I think he's bad... I mean... you think CR is overrated yourself but I don't think you question his qualities...

Even if someone is a semi-God, calling him God means he's being overrated... I hope you get what I mean.

+Quote Post

Locke Lamora
post Oct 11 2008, 08:48 PM
Post #10

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (dst @ Oct 11 2008, 09:43 PM) *
... I mean... you think CR is overrated yourself but I don't think you question his qualities...

Define "abilities".

+Quote Post

dst
post Oct 11 2008, 09:14 PM
Post #11

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Oct 11 2008, 10:48 PM) *
Define "abilities".

I didn't say abilities... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

You want me to define 'quality'? By quality I mean speed, vision, shot, pass... what else could I mean? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) You don't question CR being a world-class player do you? Cause if you do well... you are just biased against him.

So do you get what I mean with the semi-God thing?

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Oct 11 2008, 10:45 PM
Post #12

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,388

As much as I admire Cesc's qualities, I don't think he is a player we actually "need". Pirlo replacement? There will never be a Pirlo replacement. He is unique and that's the end of it. We just need to move on and build the team as we go. If we are willing to spend big money(Fabregas money), we better spend it on a defender next season. There is no way, this management, under the current circumstances, will buy a world class defender AND Fabregas together.

+Quote Post

Locke Lamora
post Oct 11 2008, 10:49 PM
Post #13

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (dst @ Oct 11 2008, 10:14 PM) *
I didn't say abilities... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

You want me to define 'quality'? By quality I mean speed, vision, shot, pass... what else could I mean? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) You don't question CR being a world-class player do you? Cause if you do well... you are just biased against him.

So do you get what I mean with the semi-God thing?

I get what you mean with the semi-god thing, yes.

Critiana IS pretty fast yes, and he's got something resembling vision that's true, his shot's aren't THAT bad and his passes are decent enough. He's got nothing on Eboue though.

And don't even mention that I'm biased because I've built my biasness to the point where it can't get more explicitically biased. Ok?

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Oct 11 2008, 11:03 PM
Post #14

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,388

QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Oct 11 2008, 04:49 PM) *
I get what you mean with the semi-god thing, yes.

Critiana IS pretty fast yes, and he's got something resembling vision that's true, his shot's aren't THAT bad and his passes are decent enough. He's got nothing on Eboue though.

And don't even mention that I'm biased because I've built my biasness to the point where it can't get more explicitically biased. Ok?

Dude, that's biased.

+Quote Post

dst
post Oct 11 2008, 11:21 PM
Post #15

Primavera
Group Icon

I never compared CR to Eboue... that would be blasphemy, Eboue is da king!

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 05:27 AM