Closed TopicStart new topic
> [EN] Premier League 10/11

William405
post Oct 13 2010, 05:55 PM
Post #286

Allievi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 7,239

Owow,what a goal.Is he good at long shots usually?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Oct 16 2010, 08:41 AM
Post #287

Prima Squadra

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,660

Well, Kobe Bryant predicted Villa to beat Chelsea 1-0 today, so I suppose we'll lose as karma for me slagging Kobe off all the time. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

The past decade of results we've had at home against them..

2009/10: Villa 2-1 Chelsea
2008/09: Villa 0-1 Chelsea
2007/08: Villa 2-0 Chelsea
2006/07: Villa 0-0 Chelsea
2005/06: Villa 1-1 Chelsea
2004/05: Villa 0-0 Chelsea
2003/04: Villa 3-2 Chelsea - Cup: Villa 2-1 Chelsea
2002/03: Villa 2-1 Chelsea
2001/02: Villa 1-1 Chelsea
2000/01: Villa 1-1 Chelsea

5 wins, 5 draws, 1 loss. Can't see us keeping this kind of run up forever. There's been 24 goals in the past 6 meetings between the teams, so ESPN expects a goal fest. If there is alot of goals, we'll get hammered, because we can't score.

+Quote Post

Jack Bauer
post Oct 16 2010, 03:06 PM
Post #288

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 6,705

Chelsea are without Lampard and Drogba. Of course they are still the better team, but you have a good chance to surprise them, especially at Villa Park.

+Quote Post

Darunia
post Oct 16 2010, 03:51 PM
Post #289

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 2,240

1-1 Birmingham City - Arsenal at HT.

Good header by Zigic and then Arsenal gets a penalty from what looks like a dive by Chamakh.

+Quote Post

Locke Lamora
post Oct 16 2010, 04:16 PM
Post #290

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 3,499

Considering both Man U and Spurs look like drawing, a win today would be splendid. Creds to Wst Brom for fighting back from 0-2 at Old Trafford.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Oct 16 2010, 07:33 PM
Post #291

Prima Squadra

0-0. I'll take it.

Reo-Coker missed a great chance to win it at the end, but so did Anelka for Chelsea so I can't complain. Not a bad days work considered we had 4 first teamers out ourself (with Dunne also gong off inured early), so the Chelsea injury excuse doesn't really hold ater for this one.

Yet again a poor ref though, he booked players for the sake of it. The young Chelse lad that came on got booked for a great tackle in hich he won the ball, but Beye jumped into him. How that's even a foul is beyond me, forget a yellow card.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Oct 16 2010, 11:13 PM
Post #292

Prima Squadra

As I said in a previous debate, injuries are 100% down to luck. Jack Wilshire went in, studs up, on Zigic' ankle today and had his studs been planted, you'd be looking at another Eduardo incident, his studs weren't planted so Zigic got lucky.

Be interesting to see Arsenal fans try and defend this one after all the crap they gave Taylor and Shawcross.

+Quote Post

Locke Lamora
post Oct 17 2010, 12:15 AM
Post #293

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Wilshere - I will learn from red card

Jack Wilshere admits he deserved to be sent off against Birmingham on Saturday but has vowed to learn from the incident.

The Arsenal midfielder received a straight red card in the dying minutes at Emirates Stadium following a challenge on Nikola Zigic.

The 19-year-old was contrite when he spoke to Arsenal.com afterwards but he will still be punished with a three-game domestic ban.

“I just want to say that I mistimed the challenge on Zigic and accept that I deserved to be sent off,” said Wilshere.

“I have no complaints about getting the red card and I will learn from this. I’m missing three matches now which I’m really disappointed about, but I just want to say that I deserved the red card.”

Wenger: 'Jack said he deserved the red card'

on Jack Wilshere's red card...
He mistimed his tackle and he got the red card he deserved. But it was his first tackle in the game and you have to acknowledge that he got a red card and he deserved it but he didn't spend the whole game kicking people. He played football and was one of the best players on the football pitch. Unfortunately it happened to him but I think it was more frustration. He didn't want to harm the player - he mistimed his tackle. We do not complain about his red card but you cannot say he had a dirty game.

on raising the issue of tackling with his players...
Of course I will. You know we are the team who has the most fouled committed against them. I encourage my players to play football but we got a red card we deserved and what can we do about it? Nothing else. Wilshere will be suspended for three games and he will be punished.

on what Jack said about the challenge...
He said he mistimed his tackle and touched him on the ankle and deserved the red card

+Quote Post

Locke Lamora
post Oct 17 2010, 12:17 AM
Post #294

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Oct 17 2010, 01:15 AM) *
Wilshere - I will learn from red card

Jack Wilshere admits he deserved to be sent off against Birmingham on Saturday but has vowed to learn from the incident.

The Arsenal midfielder received a straight red card in the dying minutes at Emirates Stadium following a challenge on Nikola Zigic.

The 19-year-old was contrite when he spoke to Arsenal.com afterwards but he will still be punished with a three-game domestic ban.

“I just want to say that I mistimed the challenge on Zigic and accept that I deserved to be sent off,” said Wilshere.

“I have no complaints about getting the red card and I will learn from this. I’m missing three matches now which I’m really disappointed about, but I just want to say that I deserved the red card.”

Wenger: 'Jack said he deserved the red card'

on Jack Wilshere's red card...
He mistimed his tackle and he got the red card he deserved. But it was his first tackle in the game and you have to acknowledge that he got a red card and he deserved it but he didn't spend the whole game kicking people. He played football and was one of the best players on the football pitch. Unfortunately it happened to him but I think it was more frustration. He didn't want to harm the player - he mistimed his tackle. We do not complain about his red card but you cannot say he had a dirty game.

on raising the issue of tackling with his players...
Of course I will. You know we are the team who has the most fouled committed against them. I encourage my players to play football but we got a red card we deserved and what can we do about it? Nothing else. Wilshere will be suspended for three games and he will be punished.

on what Jack said about the challenge...
He said he mistimed his tackle and touched him on the ankle and deserved the red card

Arsenal.com

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Oct 17 2010, 11:25 AM
Post #295

Prima Squadra

Good to see Jack and Wenger using common sense. I wonder if the Arsenal fans will be labellin ghim 'disgrace to football'? I think not. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Merseyside deby on today, so important for both of them.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Oct 17 2010, 02:26 PM
Post #296

Prima Squadra

HT Everton 1-0 Liverpool, Cahill.

What're you going to hide behind with Hicks and Gillett gone, Liverpool fans? God forbid you just admit you're ****.

EDIT: 2-0, Arteta!

This post has been edited by kurtsimonw: Oct 17 2010, 02:47 PM

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 17 2010, 02:50 PM
Post #297

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Oct 17 2010, 02:26 PM) *

What're you going to hide behind with Hicks and Gillett gone, Liverpool fans? God forbid you just admit you're ****.

lool (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

Locke Lamora
post Oct 17 2010, 09:40 PM
Post #298

Giovanissimi Nazionali

And by the way, the Birmingham game was Wenger's game number 800 as Arsenal manager. So there.

+Quote Post

MizNelson
post Oct 17 2010, 10:48 PM
Post #299

Dida per sempre

Member No.: 3,563

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Oct 17 2010, 06:26 AM) *

This makes my day. Thanks, Kurt. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Oct 20 2010, 06:00 PM
Post #300

Prima Squadra

Amidst the Rooney to Man City speculation, there was a list of the Premier League's top 10 earners in one of the papers.

1. Y Toure (£200K) - Manchester City
2. Balotelli (£180K) - Manchester City
3. Terry (£151K) - Chelsea
4. Lampard (£150K) - Chelsea
5. Adebayor, (£140K) - Manchester City
6. Tevez (£140K) - Manchester City
7. Gerrard( £130K) - Liverpool
8. K Touré (£120K - Manchester City
9. Barry (£120K) - Manchester City
10. Torres (£110K) -Liverpool

They are all obscene amounts of money, but at least in the case of Gerrard, Lampard and Terry they have earned their way up the money ladder. Terry and Gerrard started out as trainees at the clubs, Lampard played well enough at West Ham to earn his move to Chelsea pre-Roman.

For the rest, it's their first contract at the club and it's ridiculous money. The top 2 are the most shocking, Yaya is pretty average and Balo hasn' even been around long enough to have done anything to earn that much!

+Quote Post

139 Pages V  « < 18 19 20 21 22 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:08 AM