> [EN] Premier League 10/11

acid911
post Oct 3 2010, 05:12 PM
Post #241

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Oct 3 2010, 08:23 PM) *
I hardly hide my hatred for Newcastle, but again, you have to wuestion how impartial the ref is, Newcastle should have won.

So very true, that last penalty that was not given was sheer criminal. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/innocent.gif) Blind referee that. There was another one earlier, but it was a good, hard fought match nonetheless.

QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Oct 3 2010, 08:41 PM) *
and drogba scores

Yeah, the scourge of Arsenal. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) They haven't learned how to contain him for 7 years running!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

samira
post Oct 3 2010, 06:13 PM
Post #242

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 7,087

Wow, wtf has happend to Liverpool ?

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Oct 4 2010, 01:53 AM
Post #243

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

QUOTE (samira @ Oct 3 2010, 06:13 PM) *
Wow, wtf has happend to Liverpool ?

Gerrard has stopped single-handedly winning them games, their team has not been that good for quite some time now.

Thought Arsenal were unlucky today, Koscielny missed an easy chance, Drogba put his away, that and a bit of magic from Alex was the difference.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Oct 4 2010, 06:01 AM
Post #244

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,865

I hate Man City!! De Jong you fvckin cvnto.... Ben Arfa was starting to look good for the season. I was looking at a 10th place position with him in flow. Sh!t!!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Oct 4 2010, 06:13 AM
Post #245

Prima Squadra

6th - Baggies
7th - Stokies
9th - Blackpool..ies

15th - Newcastle
16th - sha
18th - Liverpool

lol

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Oct 4 2010, 06:18 AM
Post #246

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,865

kurtiepoo..I love you...but I'ma take that league chart, roll it up, and I'll leave the rest to your imagination... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

+Quote Post

elcordobez
post Oct 4 2010, 06:45 AM
Post #247

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 251

QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Oct 4 2010, 03:06 AM) *
Apparently De Jong made another horrible tackle that has left Ben Arfa with a broken leg. De Jong didn't even get booked...

On a lighter note Liverfool 1-2 Blackpool (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

EPL has it's own set of rules.

7 games in and already several broken legs,i don't mind refs letting the game flow but some games seem a bit like rugby at times.

This post has been edited by elcordobez: Oct 4 2010, 08:35 AM

+Quote Post

Locke Lamora
post Oct 4 2010, 12:04 PM
Post #248

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 3,499

Was more dissapointed after yesterday's game than I usually am after a derby defeat, we could very esily have won this if we'd nailed 1 in 5 of the numerous chances we had. Good performance all around, the free kick from Alex would have gone in even if the offspring of Buffon and Casillas had been in goal. And Drogba... well, he has his own thing against us.
Not something that can be reasonably explained anyway.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Oct 4 2010, 12:17 PM
Post #249

Berretti

Moral of the story Locke: At the end of the day I was gutted. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) At least Manchester City held them at bay!

+Quote Post

Locke Lamora
post Oct 4 2010, 01:16 PM
Post #250

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 3,499

It still looks like they'll have another runaway season though, I don't remember the last tile I saw such a weak Man U side, possibly their 2004-2006 side. Liverpool are fading, City aren't powerful enough (yet), and I think we are somewhat on par with United, which should give a table something like this:

Chelsea
Manchester United
Arsenal
Manchester City

I'll be hoping for a Cup again, it seems...

+Quote Post

acid911
post Oct 4 2010, 01:57 PM
Post #251

Berretti

Yeah, that was my main concern, seeing a fight to the title. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif) Runaway, it seems it will be, unless either Chelsea shoot themselves in the foot somehow, or City catches up with them (they have the potential and a good coach).

I am severely disappointed in Man U though, I just hope this is somehow the last year of that old punk, SAF as their manager. He seem to have driven them to the ground, first by purchasing that over-hyped Belgian for a shipload of money, and then inflating Rooney as the best in the world (yeah, 1 penalty goal in what 7 matches). (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/angry.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/realmad.gif) Liverpool seems to be indifferent now to their plight, not that I am complaining, they never have had much to show in the league this past decade. Arsenal, like you said, are at United's level, and somewhat contend to be there (the management that is).

Maybe business will pickup as the season progresses, but if it is a one-horse race again this year, I probably won't be following it too keenly. City have been good against big opponents, but it were the small sides that let them down last year. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) Long shot, and impossible as it is, but I'd love this table on May 22, 2011:

City
Chelsea
Arsenal
United

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Oct 5 2010, 01:36 AM
Post #252

Prima Squadra

QUOTE (elcordobez @ Oct 4 2010, 06:45 AM) *
EPL has it's own set of rules.

7 games in and already several broken legs,i don't mind refs letting the game flow but some games seem a bit like rugby at times.

Not sure what you mean by 'different rules'? The fact that we don't punish Grade A tackles? If you call the ref out on the 2 penalty incidents he got wrong, fine, but De Jong made a tackle in which he got the ball and his foot didn't go in high. I fail to see anything wrong with the tackle at all. Was it unfortunate for Ben Arfa? Yes, but the fact no Newcastle player or member of staff even complained tells the whole story to be honest.

+Quote Post

elcordobez
post Oct 5 2010, 03:05 AM
Post #253

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 251

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Oct 5 2010, 11:36 AM) *
Not sure what you mean by 'different rules'? The fact that we don't punish Grade A tackles? If you call the ref out on the 2 penalty incidents he got wrong, fine, but De Jong made a tackle in which he got the ball and his foot didn't go in high. I fail to see anything wrong with the tackle at all. Was it unfortunate for Ben Arfa? Yes, but the fact no Newcastle player or member of staff even complained tells the whole story to be honest.

What i mean by it's own set of rules is that refs in the EPL tend to give players more leeway to compete physically than in other leagues.Which isn't always a bad thing but it allows players to test the boundaries more often than not.

Is that the main reason though for all the broken legs?I don't know but it surely doesn't help.Gomez would have a broken leg if Carl Henry's challenge had connected completely.

Hatem Ben Arfa's broken leg the result of an unnecessary tackle, says Chris Hughton

LINK

not sure if you call that a "complaint" but they're not happy about it.

This post has been edited by elcordobez: Oct 5 2010, 03:35 AM

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Oct 5 2010, 03:53 AM
Post #254

Prima Squadra

QUOTE (elcordobez @ Oct 5 2010, 03:05 AM) *
Is that the main reason though for all the broken legs?I don't know but it surely doesn't help.Gomez would have a broken leg if Carl Henry's challenge had connected completely.

Henry's been doing that week in, week out, he's just a dirty player. He was sent off for it and that was the right decision.

As for the number of broken legs, it's simply down to luck. Freddie Bouma was out injured for 2 years with a big injury, nobody even touched him. The Eduardo and Ramsey injuries are just part of football, they're professionals who have very quick feet and even if you;re 0.1 of a second late, you can end up breaking someones leg. It doesn't mean there's any intent, you're just unlucky if you happen to end up with a broken leg. People are unable to react to a split second, so they can hardly stop themself. Cisse's leg break at Liverpool was nohing more than a tangle of legs between 2 players.

I prefer the physiucality of the league, it allows the game to flow and generally results in less diving.

QUOTE (elcordobez @ Oct 5 2010, 03:05 AM) *
LINK

not sure if you call that a "complaint" but they're not happy about it.

Hadn't seen that, but I have to ask what sport he thinks this is if he feels that was unnecesary? He was running inside the Man City half, what did he expect him to do, let Ben Arfa through on goal?

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Oct 5 2010, 03:57 AM
Post #255

Prima Squadra

(Double post, I know, I just don't like putting completely unrelated stuff in the same, long, post.)

By a sha fan..

'It's slit-your-wrists time at St. Andrews

'I hate to be negative but I've been saying for weeks he's (Zigic) a very poor man's Savo. The fans are starting to jeer any time he touches the ball. He looks like a deer in headlights, has nothing about him... at all and I fear he's gonna go even further into his shell. Doesn't win headers, usually doesn't even challenge for the ball. The latest chant is "he's 7 foot tall and doesn't win **** all".

Jerome is a good lad and the only player in the team that can run but has the worst touch in front of goal I've ever seen. And he's our lone striker. Carr is the best winger we've got right now and he's a 40 yr old right back. McFadden is out for months and Bowyer is really starting to look past it.

McLeish is a stubborn ******* and refuses to change from the 4-5-1, the sleep-enducing ultra-defensive tactics and the picking of players like Fahey. Someone on the forum yesterday said, "memo to McLeish: why not try 4-6-0 and kick the ball into the stands every time we get it?" Relegation is not out of the question, the fans are starting to turn and there's just a bad feeling about it all.

PS: **** Mark Lawrenson for calling Blues fans idiots for booing. Yes we've had a great unbeaten run but we've won 2 in 17, haven't scored at home for 3 games and play literally the most boring football I have ever seen from any team'

They're back..

+Quote Post

139 Pages V  « < 15 16 17 18 19 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:20 AM