Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Stefano Borgonovo, Attacker (1986-1990)

Fillipo Simone
post Jun 17 2011, 10:11 PM
Post #1

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

I thought this man deserves his own thread here. I remember his goal against Bayern in the Champions Cup semi-final for Milan. Maybe we could discuss the annual matches in his honor here as well.

(IMG:http://www.disabiliforum.com/prodotti/img/borgonovo2.jpg)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

acid911
post Jun 17 2011, 10:27 PM
Post #2

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,736

Great going, Fillipo. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif) I like how you like to remember and preserve every little gem related to the club. Not just that, it takes something very special to remember people and players who have passed away (I saw your earlier thread an year or so back too). Great going!

You sure seem like the guy who loves history, which sadly most of us don't have the time for now, what with the busy life and fast tracked living. Anyway, I've read a lot about Stefano Borgonovo, I just hope he recovers 100% from that awful illness. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) Also remember watching the match in 2008, which the man himself attended with Roberto Baggio by his side!

This post has been edited by acid911: Jun 17 2011, 10:30 PM

+Quote Post

dst
post Jun 17 2011, 10:59 PM
Post #3

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 18 2011, 12:11 AM) *
I remember his goal against Bayern in the Champions Cup semi-final for Milan.

just youtubed it... here. His miss later on was equally huge... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

by the way, you can see the Milan players playing with the clock there in the end... I don't like it, I just think you're too harsh on Allegri for our current players doing it.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Jun 17 2011, 11:13 PM
Post #4

Primavera
Group Icon

Well, the difference is, it was the semi final, while the Allegri Milan did the same thing against Real and teams like Brescia or Chievo.

+Quote Post

dst
post Jun 18 2011, 12:23 AM
Post #5

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 18 2011, 01:13 AM) *
Well, the difference is, it was the semi final, while the Allegri Milan did the same thing against Real and teams like Brescia or Chievo.

you hate Allegri just admit it.

no you're right, but I doubt they only did in that game either.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Jun 18 2011, 01:49 AM
Post #6

Primavera
Group Icon

Hate is a strong word...I don't hate him, but I'm still very uncomfortable with him and don't trust him.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Jun 18 2011, 06:08 AM
Post #7

Berretti

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 18 2011, 05:49 AM) *
Hate is a strong word...I don't hate him, but I'm still very uncomfortable with him and don't trust him.

My sentiments exactly. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) The guy practically rolled on a few of our top players to the league title. Sure he played his part too, once Allegri got a grip on things. But in the CL and even the Coppa, he has been far from convincing. Even in the Serie A matches, it seemed like he tried the same shtick every match and saw if it stuck.

I think Fillipo, Han, me and a few others feel the same way about Allegri. Job done, but far from convincing! Of course he is free to prove us wrong next season, and put his stamp on things. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) More than free to, actually.

+Quote Post

mishie
post Jun 18 2011, 10:44 AM
Post #8

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,072

damned if you win, damned if you lose....that just about sums this place up!
of course there are better coaches out there but winning lo Scudetto in the 1st season isn't a bad place to start but it seems that isn't good enough (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

+Quote Post

acid911
post Jun 18 2011, 11:41 AM
Post #9

Berretti

I know what you're saying, but one has to objectively look at things. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) I gave credit to Allegri for "making things work", and that itself is an accomplishment. Carlo couldn't finish 4th with Paolo and Kaka in his team, and barely made it through the finishing line his last season.

I like to give credit where it is due, no more, no less. There were moments during the season when Allegri looked totally clueless, and an out-and-out newbie. And that is something he has to work on this year to stamp his authority. In my opinion this team was better than United, and deserved to at least make an appearance in the CL final. Or semis at least. Heck, win the domestic double if you can, Palermo who?

But no, Allegri's clueless-ness and naivety took over in tournament mode. And that is his shortcoming, which I hope he improves upon for the sake of everybody involved. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) When he does so, I am sure he will win more fans over. But really before we factor in the Scudetto, we must also remember the squad at his disposal. Give him last year's team and see how he fares. With a hot Napoli, I'd wager 4th. Having Ibra in the playing XI is as clean a ticket to league title as any.

+Quote Post

mishie
post Jun 18 2011, 11:50 AM
Post #10

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,072

QUOTE (acid911 @ Jun 18 2011, 11:41 AM) *
I know what you're saying, but one has to objectively look at things. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) I gave credit to Allegri for "making things work", and that itself is an accomplishment. Carlo couldn't finish 4th with Paolo and Kaka in his team, and barely made it through the finishing line his last season.

I like to give credit where it is due, no more, no less. There were moments during the season when Allegri looked totally clueless, and an out-and-out newbie. And that is something he has to work on this year to stamp his authority. In my opinion this team was better than United, and deserved to at least make an appearance in the CL final. Or semis at least. Heck, win the domestic double if you can, Palermo who?

But no, Allegri's clueless-ness and naivety took over in tournament mode. And that is his shortcoming, which I hope he improves upon for the sake of everybody involved. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) When he does so, I am sure he will win more fans over. But really before we factor in the Scudetto, we must also remember the squad at his disposal. Give him last year's team and see how he fares. With a hot Napoli, I'd wager 4th. Having Ibra in the playing XI is as clean a ticket to league title as any.

regarding Palermo we haven't won in scilily for nigh on 30 years so that is by the by...as for looking like a out and out newbie in tournemount mode well thats because he was! at least you give him a little credit and i must be thankfulfor small mercy's. Just a observation in general not spefically aimed at you, but i think this place has spent so much time bashing the coach, team, management etc it's seems it a habit that's become hard to break.
Before people scream and shout at me you and me are entilted to a opinion and i'm just making a observation on how things seem to across on this forum...jeez i even had someone say they f*****g hate me! and thats the 1st time i responded to a comment they've made ever!
no wonder my visits are few and far between (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

+Quote Post

acid911
post Jun 18 2011, 12:22 PM
Post #11

Berretti

No worries, man, every one has their own views on things, and that's the beauty of forums and discussion boards. Heck there were moments when I used to think R7 was Berlusconi and Fillipo was Fester in disguise, when they defended the management. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) But that does not make them an inch less of a fan than any other here.

Our resident Croatian is less pro-establishment now and that's good. Sure everyone would like to have their favorite players stay in club colors and play till they are 55, but that's not how things work (at least in the football environment of today). (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) Milan knew this before, and they know this now, I am sure. But there were some really weird signings and decisions that brought the club where we are now.

We were the Barca before Barcelona, and with the right mindset we could have still been the #1 club in the world now. But between Ba and Brocchi, extending Carlo to buying and depending on Ronaldinho things did take a turn for the worst. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) Sure some may like to go with the fact that the management (including coach) can do no wrong, and neither their favorite players, but the hard reality is different.

The fact that people take time out to even read and post about any club is a thing on its own, and worth a cheer. Me? I like to draw the line smack in the middle. A fickle fan I am not. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif) Carlo was a great coach, and that does not mean that he was not rigidly pathetic with his decisions sometimes. And the fact that they cost us. When you are earning multi-million pounds a year, it's only right to take responsibility. I am hopeful Allegri will take it up as a challenge and improve next season - that'll turn a lot more of the skeptics into believers.

But views will always differ, and that's a thing of joy in of itself. For some Allegri is a saint, others he's a sinner. But at the end of the day he won us the league, and nothing changes that. What should change is accepting other opinions, because after all we are the passengers of the same boat. And we should stay in the same boat - meaning you and others should visit more often if they can. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/king.gif) Staying civil and minding the language in disagreement is nevertheless a must.

+Quote Post

William405
post Jun 18 2011, 06:11 PM
Post #12

Allievi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 7,239

QUOTE (mishie @ Jun 18 2011, 01:50 PM) *
regarding Palermo we haven't won in scilily for nigh on 30 years so that is by the by...as for looking like a out and out newbie in tournemount mode well thats because he was! at least you give him a little credit and i must be thankfulfor small mercy's. Just a observation in general not spefically aimed at you, but i think this place has spent so much time bashing the coach, team, management etc it's seems it a habit that's become hard to break.
Before people scream and shout at me you and me are entilted to a opinion and i'm just making a observation on how things seem to across on this forum...jeez i even had someone say they f*****g hate me! and thats the 1st time i responded to a comment they've made ever!
no wonder my visits are few and far between (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

<3,Don't go!We'll be good.

In regarding to allegri,he's done many mistakes this season,and we constructively criticized him on that.Sure,some are ungrateful of what he's done,but I recall han always respecting what he's done this season.But,that doesn't make him untouchable(not under criticism).In my opinion,Allegri was a smart decision and a risky one that the management took.He got it done,with any other coach we'd have only won the scudetto too,I'm sure.Maybe,we could have reached quarter finals,or the semis in the champions league but that would have affected our title challenge.Specially that we were pretty close with Napoli and Inter,any slip-ups would have cost us dearly.As far as his tactical mistakes go,the thing he's shown is that he has flaws,but what he also showed is that he can fix them!He's tactically flexible,and still in the learning phase(Bit of an overstatement,but you get what I'm saying).

This post has been edited by William405: Jun 18 2011, 06:25 PM

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Jun 18 2011, 08:39 PM
Post #13

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

QUOTE (mishie @ Jun 18 2011, 01:14 PM) *
damned if you win, damned if you lose....that just about sums this place up!
of course there are better coaches out there but winning lo Scudetto in the 1st season isn't a bad place to start but it seems that isn't good enough (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/king.gif)
Don't worry, if Max keeps up the good work he's done so far there will come a time when people will defend him as passionately as they defend [name of their favorite coaches].

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 06:01 PM