Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hey Fishdoll

servbot
post Apr 12 2010, 08:53 PM
Post #1

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,771

You probably already know, but just in case...

Major League Soccer's D.C. United will host Italy's AC Milan in an exhibition match May 26 at RFK Stadium.

It will be the clubs' first match against each other.

D.C. United president Kevin Payne said Monday the game will be "a great test for our players." He also said D.C. United could add games against "two other major European clubs."

Because the game is less than three weeks before the World Cup, AC Milan won't have any of its stars who will be with national teams.

ESPNsoccernet.com
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Fishdoll
post Apr 12 2010, 08:58 PM
Post #2

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 7,075

Yup. Tickets go on sale a week from today. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

Fishdoll
post Apr 12 2010, 10:43 PM
Post #3

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Here's the article from DC United's homepage. FYI, it's only 10 days after the end of the season so it won't be one of those disastrous preseason things.

Washington, D.C. (April 12, 2010) - D.C. United announced today the club will play an international friendly against Italian giants AC Milan on May 26 at RFK Stadium. It will be the first-ever meeting between the two clubs. Kick-off is set for 8:00 p.m. ET.

“We make it a priority every year to bring international teams to the Washington area,” said United President & CEO Kevin Payne. “AC Milan is historically one of the best clubs in Europe and will provide a great match for our fans and a great test for our players. Furthermore, we’re delighted to be able to offer this game and, potentially, upcoming matches against two other major European clubs to our loyal ticket plan holders as a part of their package.”

Tickets for this match are available as part of season ticket packages as Special Game C. Individual game tickets will go on sale April 19 at 10:00 a.m. for $35 at the Spectator level, $50 at Premium level, $65 at VIP level and $75 at the Mezzanine level. Groups of 15 or more can purchase at discounted prices of $30 for Spectator level, $40 for Premium, $55 for VIP and $70 for Mezzanine level.

The Italian side currently sits in third place in Serie A and includes some of the biggest names in world football. Brazilian legend Ronaldinho and Holland’s Clarence Seedorf headline Milan’s midfield and are expected to be with AC Milan in the Nation’s Capital next month. Another Brazilian spearheads the Rossoneri’s attack, Alexandre Pato, a 20-year-old striker who has set Serie A alight since joining AC Milan in 2007. Veterans Massimo Ambrosini and Filippo Inzaghi have been constants for the Italian club throughout the years, as both men have over 200 appearances for Milan. AC Milan is committed to fielding all of its star players at RFK Stadium not obligated to World Cup duties.

“We are very happy to return to RFK Stadium again, but finally to play D.C.United,” says Umberto Gandini, Director of AC Milan. “After the Italian Supercup in 1993 and a friendly with Barcelona few years ago, it will be great to play one of the most successful clubs in MLS history and to meet again the American fans.”

Founded in 1899, AC Milan is one of the most recognizable names in global football. In the club’s considerable history the team has spent all but two seasons in the Italian top-flight. AC Milan has won 18 officially recognized UEFA and FIFA international titles, making them the most successful team in the world alongside Argentina’s Boca Juniors. Milan has claimed four world club titles, more than any other side, having won the Intercontinental Cup on three occasions and the FIFA Club World Cup once.

Additionally, only Real Madrid has captured more European Cups than AC Milan. Known today as the UEFA Champions League, AC Milan has seven European Cups to accompany the team’s 17 domestic titles. Milan is managed by former Brazilian national team star Leonardo, and the club plays in the renowned Stadio Giuseppe Meazza, or San Siro.

+Quote Post

servbot
post Apr 12 2010, 11:08 PM
Post #4

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Nice! Pretty reasonable ticket prices too.

And since we're used to seeing only about half of the XI play anyways lately (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) , there won't be much of a talent drop-off until the subs come on.

This post has been edited by servbot: Apr 12 2010, 11:10 PM

+Quote Post

Fishdoll
post Apr 12 2010, 11:12 PM
Post #5

Giovanissimi Nazionali

It'll be a good chance to see the Primavera! (if dst hasn't chopped them into little bits)

+Quote Post

Dracoris
post Apr 13 2010, 12:03 AM
Post #6

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,716

This is exciting! I'll have to try to get a group of friends to go...Its like an 8 hour drive for me though.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Apr 13 2010, 12:43 AM
Post #7

Prima Squadra

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,660

QUOTE (Dracoris @ Apr 13 2010, 12:03 AM) *
Its like an 8 hour drive for me though.

It'd probably take me a month to drive there. I would need some James Bond underwater car too.

+Quote Post

Fishdoll
post Apr 13 2010, 12:49 AM
Post #8

Giovanissimi Nazionali

I'd hook you up with some dolphin friends, Kurt, but....well, Harry doesn't have his antlers yet so no dolphin favors for you!

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Apr 13 2010, 04:01 AM
Post #9

Prima Squadra

Dolphins are evil, haven't you seen South Park? They dropped the atomic bomb on Japan!

+Quote Post

Dracoris
post Apr 13 2010, 05:03 AM
Post #10

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,716

If you really care about AC Milan, you would just swim here!

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Apr 13 2010, 06:05 AM
Post #11

Prima Squadra

I haven't seen Milan play before (strangely I've seen Inter twice!) so I don't think I'll be swimming a few thousand miles to watch our kids play in a friendly. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post

Fishdoll
post Apr 14 2010, 02:17 PM
Post #12

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Hey, guys in Canada -- Fiorentina will be in Montreal to play a friendly against the Montreal Impact on May 23. FYI.

+Quote Post

Fishdoll
post Apr 14 2010, 06:25 PM
Post #13

Giovanissimi Nazionali

And hey, servbot, Milan will be in Chicago to play the Fire on May 30. (and in Montreal to play the Impact on June 2).

(from acmilan.com)

USA E CANADA: LA TOURNEE ROSSONERA
14/04/2010
MILANO - Saranno tre le partite, tra Stati Uniti e Canada, della tournée rossonera organizzata in collaborazione con la CAA Soccer Enterprise: 26 maggio, Washington DC, RFK Stadium ore 20: DC UNITED–MILAN; 30 maggio, Chicago, Toyota Park Stadium ore 19,30: CHICAGO FIRE–MILAN; 2 giugno, Montreal, Olympic Stadium ore 20: MONTREAL IMPACT–MILAN. Le prime due squadre appartengono alla MLS (Major Soccer League), mentre la formazione canadese partecipa alla USSF Second Division.

+Quote Post

servbot
post Apr 14 2010, 08:00 PM
Post #14

Giovanissimi Regionali B

QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Apr 14 2010, 12:25 PM) *
And hey, servbot, Milan will be in Chicago to play the Fire on May 30. (and in Montreal to play the Impact on June 2).

(from acmilan.com)

Woooooo!!!!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/yay.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/fiesta.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hi5.gif)

I had searched on Monday when the Washington announcement was made but hadn't found anything, maybe it just wasn't finalized yet.

Definitely going to be getting tickets for this!

+Quote Post

dst
post Apr 15 2010, 12:40 PM
Post #15

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 911

QUOTE (servbot @ Apr 14 2010, 10:00 PM) *
Woooooo!!!!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/yay.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/fiesta.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hi5.gif)

I had searched on Monday when the Washington announcement was made but hadn't found anything, maybe it just wasn't finalized yet.

Definitely going to be getting tickets for this!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) now the question I asked you earlier (about tickets) might be answered for real.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:49 AM