> Winter Transfers 2015

acid911
post Feb 6 2015, 03:41 AM
Post #571

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ Feb 6 2015, 08:36 AM) *
I think most of us are in agreement, though sadly there is not much we can do about it.

This year has been a huge disappointment. Not going to argue how good our team should be on paper (though I am comfortable we should be better than Palermo, Sassuolo, or Atalanta - to name a few). However, all other Serie A teams (except Juve and to a lesser extent Roma) are struggling this year. Third place should have been relatively easy, even with our current squad.

Yes, Galliani is well past his "shelf life", yet I fear we are stuck with him (as I understand it, sacking him would be too costly, plus it looks like Berlu still trusts the dude - not sure why).

There are ways to build decent teams with relatively low budgets. Perhaps not the next Barca, but good enough to compete in Serie A and make it past a few rounds in CL. Roma has done it, and it looks like Inter is doing it as well. I understand the days of Milan dominating in Europe may be over, but we should aspire to a little more than mid-table (and we should have the budget to get there, as long as we do not squander it).

And I don't want to hear the FFP excuse any more (if anything, Roma and even Inter are operating under tighter financial constraints than us, Roma even had serious financial issues not that long ago). Nor do I want to hear that we have been following some "grand plan", because I see no evidence of that whatsoever. Nor do I want to hear that it takes a long time, as Roma plus Inter are showing that you can make a difference in a few years (and FFP has been around longer than that).

Excellent post! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/king.gif) And well, I'm sure almost every fan feels this way. Some may be okay with the performances we've seen this season, thinking that the the team is in a rebuilding process, but as you said, it is not. We're just scraping along, living week to week, hoping that things automatically align.

Because if we actually had a plan, we'd have seen results by now. Surely we'd have.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Feb 10 2015, 10:14 PM
Post #572

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

Any words on Conte and Milan?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

39 Pages V  « < 37 38 39
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:29 PM