Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 4/7/2007 - Serie A - Milan - Empoli

misha
post Apr 4 2007, 10:55 PM
Post #31

Allievi Regionali B

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 787

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Apr 5 2007, 12:51 AM)

He even wouldn't think of it (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Apr 4 2007, 11:18 PM
Post #32

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (mishale @ Apr 5 2007, 12:55 AM)

Well u can't blame him, it is a Serie A club .. And as such, open and attacking play isn't one of it's characteristics (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

But the thing is, we all watch EPL and La Liga and seem to draw conclusions that Milan could play this formation or that formation, when in reality and Italian team plays best with a ridgid formation that depends on a solid back four with 2 DMs and a fast counter attack. This is the building blocks of any Serie A team.

Then, you could play with two up front and wingers once u have perfected the previous tactic ... In all fairness, Milan played with two up front last year and the one before, but always fell back to it's ridgid 4-4-1-1 when it was closing time.

Serie A, u couldn't expect more (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

+Quote Post

dst
post Apr 5 2007, 03:52 AM
Post #33

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 911

I don't like wingers! Playing with full-backs is my style! Watching a certain left-back launching countless attacks starting from his own box is how I grew up...

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Apr 5 2007, 06:36 AM
Post #34

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

Who? Ashley Cole? (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) You like Ashley Cole??!!!! You are gay!!!

(IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Apr 5 2007, 11:03 AM
Post #35

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Apr 4 2007, 09:51 PM)

The midfield is very stable though.

And Carlo thinks of Kaka as an attacker so when we play with 2 strikers and him behind them he says we'll play with 3 attackers.

But we really need to rest some players if we are going to go to Germany and try to win it.

And that formation is the only solution for it

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Apr 5 2007, 01:56 PM
Post #36

Smoking Bianco

QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 5 2007, 01:03 PM)

And Carlo thinks of Kaka as an attacker so when we play with 2 strikers and him behind them he says we'll play with 3 attackers.

But we really need to rest some players if we are going to go to Germany and try to win it.

True, but non of our strikers can deliver the ball from midfield to the 18-yard box, and for that we need Kaka .. Milan will play with two strikers against Empoli, Carlo wouldn't risk leaving the midfield weak like that. Our game is derived from the midfield ..

+Quote Post

redbabies
post Apr 5 2007, 02:10 PM
Post #37

'the Duck'

Member No.: 144

if we can manage to win the next 2 games (H-Empoli and A-Bayern) trust me we are Champions League winners by now, and the 4rth place will be undoubtable.

So, the next 2 matches will tell if Milan is really great.

+Quote Post

redbabies
post Apr 5 2007, 02:14 PM
Post #38

'the Duck'

Member No.: 144

QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 5 2007, 11:03 AM)

Kaka can not defende. Even if Carlo will play him as CM, he still would be considered just as an attacker. He can't make a tackle or stop somebody.
It's just not his best quality.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Apr 5 2007, 03:19 PM
Post #39

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Apr 5 2007, 12:56 PM)
True, but non of our strikers can deliver the ball from midfield to the 18-yard box, and for that we need Kaka .. Milan will play with two strikers against Empoli, Carlo wouldn't risk leaving the midfield weak like that. Our game is derived from the midfield ..

I think Ronaldo can deliver balls into the box. He obviously won't do the same thing as Kaka but he can be creative and make assists, same for Oli who sometimes likes to drift to the wings.

I'm not saying they can do what Kaka does, but I think it's worth a try to allow Kaka and the other mids some rest.

Despite what anyone says, Ambro can make good passes, he's not as bad as they make him out to be, he can be creative. That's where he played for us before Pirlo took his place in the DMF position.

Same for Brocchi, who can deliver some great passes and chips. He's made some great assists this season.

I would really like to see Carlo try this out. Our midfield 4 need a break to recharge their batteries and be 100% for next Tuesday.

If we are struggleing and still don't have a lead be half time, then yes, put Pirlo and Kaka in, but if we manage to win it this way then it would be really great.

QUOTE (redbabies @ Apr 5 2007, 01:14 PM)
Kaka can not defende. Even if Carlo will play him as CM, he still would be considered just as an attacker. He can't make a tackle or stop somebody.
It's just not his best quality.

That's what I was trying to say when I said that Kaka is considered an attacker. He won't help out in defence because that's not his game. Him or another striker won't make much of a difference to our defencive game

+Quote Post

Darunia
post Apr 6 2007, 04:48 PM
Post #40

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,240

ROSSONERI SQUAD FOR MILAN-EMPOLI
4/6/2007
KEEPERS: Dida, Kalac, Storari; DEFENDERS: Bonera, Cafu, Favalli, Grimi, Jankulovski, Kaladze, Oddo, Simic; MIDFIELDERS: Gattuso, Gourcuff, Kakà, Pirlo, Serginho; STRIKERS: Gilardino, Inzaghi, Ricardo Oliveira, Ronaldo
  |    | 

No Maldini, Nesta, Brocchi, Ambrosini or Seedorf. Carlo said Ronaldo and Gila will start.

Maybe Carlo will try this:

Oddo----Bonera---Kaladze---Serginho
Gattuso---------Pirlo----------Gourcuff
------------------Kaka-------------------
----------Gila-------------Ronaldo------

Or possibly use Serginho in midfield, who knows.

This post has been edited by Darunia: Apr 6 2007, 04:50 PM

+Quote Post

han2503
post Apr 6 2007, 07:26 PM
Post #41

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

YESS Sergio is back!!!

Get him ready for Bayern (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/devil.gif) (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/devil.gif)

I really want to see him start but I also want to see Yoann playing so he should play in defence

+Quote Post

dst
post Apr 6 2007, 11:01 PM
Post #42

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

QUOTE (Darunia @ Apr 6 2007, 05:48 PM)
No Maldini, Nesta, Brocchi, Ambrosini or Seedorf.  Carlo said Ronaldo and Gila will start.

Why is that? Injury problems?

Gila may be not be playing at his full potential but even that way he's way better than Oliveira. And Oli also gets in Ronaldo's way in many occasions.

This post has been edited by dst: Apr 6 2007, 11:03 PM

+Quote Post

arivanjj
post Apr 6 2007, 11:02 PM
Post #43

7th Heaven

Member No.: 821

QUOTE (Darunia @ Apr 7 2007, 01:48 AM)
No Maldini, Nesta, Brocchi, Ambrosini or Seedorf.  Carlo said Ronaldo and Gila will start.

Maybe Carlo will try this:

Oddo----Bonera---Kaladze---Serginho
Gattuso---------Pirlo----------Gourcuff
------------------Kaka-------------------
----------Gila-------------Ronaldo------
Or possibly use Serginho in midfield, who knows.

i like that but Kaka badly needs to rest (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Apr 6 2007, 11:07 PM
Post #44

Smoking Bianco

QUOTE (arivanjj @ Apr 7 2007, 01:02 AM)

Interesting to see if he'll play the 90 mins, cuz Carlo is only taking Gattuso, Gourcuff, Kakà, and Pirlo to this game, so I don't know .. He might play the full game. I doubt Carlo will rest him

+Quote Post

Darunia
post Apr 7 2007, 03:53 AM
Post #45

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,240

If we're ahead, he might pull Kaka out near the end of the game and bring on Janku/Serginho (whoever doesn't start) and put them in midfield on the left.

Too bad Brocchi and Ambro are out, seems like Rino and Pirlo might have to play the full game.

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:42 PM