+Quote Post

dst
post Jun 18 2007, 06:49 PM
Post #2

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 911

Can Milan become the first the team to win the Champions League two times in a row? Only with the right additions we could... but it's a weird trip... we'll see.

I would expect Chelsea to give everything to win it. They should be the most motivated team out of all!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Jun 18 2007, 07:16 PM
Post #3

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

Well no doubt after the disgrace of this season, the English teams will all be very motivated...

Chelsea..of course, then there's always Man U chasing the dream that was 1999. The Scousers are looking at the League Title this time I think.

I also think Inter will go all out. I read it behind the decision of Figo to stay on. To the extent Inter might even compromise on Serie A. Milan's victory this season has just been too much for them to take.

In Spain. If Capello stays, I bank on a Real assault on CL and by relation the transfer market. Otherwise they'll look to mostly defend the title. Barca will of course look to regain lost pride, but I think their downward spiral has become. Now above all Barca needs a no-sh!t manager like Capello.

In Germany, I guess the clubs will all look to acquit themselves well in Europe, but barring Bremen, I see no one make a concerted push.

+Quote Post

LaPalma
post Jun 18 2007, 08:13 PM
Post #4

Insert cool title here<--
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,792

IMO Real is the most motivated team. They're fans want to see them on top of Europe again. They'll do everything to win it.
I feel like Chelsea is a bit depressed after this years failure. But...you never know.
I don't see Inter as serious contenders for the title with their current squad. With Figo 3 or 4 years younger...yes. But IMO they lack the creative abilities in midfield.
German teams...well, I think Stuttgart can surprise everyone. They've got some awesome youngster like Gomez, Hilbert, Tasci and some more. Maybe it's enough for the quarterfinal. Bremen, can make it to the last 16 IMO. Frings, Diego, Mertesacker, Borowski and Naldo are class. IMO the best team in Germany...even better than the new Bayern squad.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jun 18 2007, 08:54 PM
Post #5

Prima Squadra

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,660

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jun 18 2007, 06:16 PM)
Well no doubt after the disgrace of this season, the English teams will all be very motivated...

I wouldn't exactly call it a disgrace to reach the semi finals. Would you call our campaign last season (05/06) a disgrace? I certainly wouldn't.

I think there's only 1 from 6 that can win it next season:
Milan
Liverpool
United
Chelsea
Inter
Real Madrid

Depending on the draw of course, I fully expect 2 English teams in the semi-finals. Whether one will win it who knows.

+Quote Post

misha
post Jun 18 2007, 08:57 PM
Post #6

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 787

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 18 2007, 10:54 PM)
I wouldn't exactly call it a disgrace to reach the semi finals. Would you call our campaign last season (05/06) a disgrace? I certainly wouldn't.

I think there's only 1 from 6 that can win it next season:
Milan
Liverpool
United
Chelsea
Inter
Real Madrid

Depending on the draw of course, I fully expect 2 English teams in the semi-finals. Whether one will win it who knows.

Replace Inter with Barca (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

Locke Lamora
post Jun 18 2007, 09:11 PM
Post #7

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3,499

Aren't you guys forgetting someone here? (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

Seriously, if Henry stays and Wenger bring on a good player, I think Arsenal stand a chance next year. We were within 15 minutes of doing it in Paris, and with a bit more luck...who knows?
As for Milan, my heart says yes and my head says no. If Arsenal come to face Milan in the final...WTF am I gonna do? (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Jun 18 2007, 09:17 PM
Post #8

Token Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,800

It's far too early to tell what sort of form the various teams are going to have next year and so I hestitate to make any guesses. But...

I'd like to see someone from outside the standard group of countries do well - ie, not from England, Spain, or Italy.

I'd be thrilled to see Stuttgart surprise people and make it fairly far into the tournament (and to think I picked them as my 'Bundesliga team to follow' because I thought their jerseys were pretty).

Maybe a Portuguese team? It'd be nice to see Benfica do well, but they'd be dark horses. So, sadly, would Lyon. I like watching 'em play, but they're terrible chokers when it comes to tournaments.

So right now, if I had to say who I wanted to win the CL next year, my response would be 'Anyone But Inter'.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jun 18 2007, 09:25 PM
Post #9

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Jun 18 2007, 08:11 PM)
Aren't you guys forgetting someone here? (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

Seriously, if Henry stays and Wenger bring on a good player, I think Arsenal stand a chance next year. We were within 15 minutes of doing it in Paris, and with a bit more luck...who knows?
As for Milan, my heart says yes and my head says no. If Arsenal come to face Milan in the final...WTF am I gonna do? (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

You need too many players to contend. I know you got to the Final a few years back, but you've lost half of that team. Henry, Pires, Campbell, Cole, Bergkamp. All very important players to you, I think you need at least 4 or 5 top players to compete in either the CL or the EPL.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Jun 19 2007, 12:20 AM
Post #10

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 18 2007, 11:25 PM)
You need too many players to contend. I know you got to the Final a few years back, but you've lost half of that team. Henry, Pires, Campbell, Cole, Bergkamp. All very important players to you, I think you need at least 4 or 5 top players to compete in either the CL or the EPL.

All these players are (with the addition of Gilberto..) the only experienced players Arsenal has. To reach (at least) the semi's, you need experience .. It is a lost dream if anyone thinks a young team can make the distance. Cuz it is experience that counts in the crucial moments (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/king.gif)

If there is a team (otehr than Milan..) that is gonna win the CL next year, it would be either Chelsea or Barca .. I have a strong feeling that it will be either of those three (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post

amancik
post Jun 19 2007, 11:09 AM
Post #11

Milanfan to Death

Member No.: 11

I'm gonna say Milan, cuz by September you will see a dream-team line-up

+Quote Post

amancik
post Jun 19 2007, 11:11 AM
Post #12

Milanfan to Death

Member No.: 11

When will the teams be seeded?
I can't wait to see the group stage draw

+Quote Post

arivanjj
post Jun 19 2007, 12:00 PM
Post #13

7th Heaven

Member No.: 821

the draw for the group-stage is in 10 days if i'm not mistaken...

+Quote Post

LaPalma
post Jun 19 2007, 12:18 PM
Post #14

Insert cool title here<--
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,792

QUOTE (arivanjj @ Jun 19 2007, 12:00 PM)

Sorry, but that's impossible right now, coz we don't even know which teams are going to be in the CL next year....remember that qualifying round Milan went through this season (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

+Quote Post

Portman
post Jun 19 2007, 12:20 PM
Post #15

Berretti

Member No.: 347

QUOTE (arivanjj @ Jun 19 2007, 12:00 PM)

End of August.

As we're not going to have 3rd-pre, we just have to wait and see.

+Quote Post

122 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:22 PM