> Maldini, Paolo Maldini

Jack Sparrow
post Jul 2 2013, 08:16 AM
Post #901

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,865

Hippie who didn't want his dad's money and decided to get out in the world and spread peace and love. He was the first.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Jul 2 2013, 12:01 PM
Post #902

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,388

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jul 2 2013, 02:16 AM) *
Hippie who didn't want his dad's money and decided to get out in the world and spread peace and love. He was the first.

Way to bastardize probably one of the most important figures of all time. You are a meanie! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Sep 23 2013, 04:08 PM
Post #903

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

The retired Nigeria defender is very critical of his time at AC Milan, claiming he was not chosen despite being better than his Italian counterparts

Former AC Milan defender Taribo West believes he was better than club legend Paolo Maldini, but was treated unfairly by the Italian side.

In one season with the Serie A outfit, the former Nigeria international appeared in just four games, despite his self-proclaimed status as the club's best defender.

West remains bitter about his time at San Siro and has suggested that his short spell with the Rossoneri was a failure because of Maldini's "godfather" status.

"There were three of us, but the coach would pick the Italians even though I was clearly the best," he told Supersport.com.

"In 2000, I played the African Nations Cup with Nigeria and when I returned Maldini was injured. I played the games in his place but I did not get very many.

"I was told clearly that nobody could force out Maldini because he was a godfather in the club."

West was forced to take a seat on the bench while watching Maldini and Alessandro Costacurta start regularly, which the former Inter defender claims was because of their Italian backgrounds.

"Because I had a good relationship with [Inter president Massimo Moratti], I called him to tell him what was going on," he continued. "He told me that at AC Milan this was a normal thing.

"No one could take the place of Maldini. I was in shock. At the time they told so many lies about me because they wanted me out.

"During the four games I played, I was always the best player on the field, yet my contract was not renewed."

lol

+Quote Post

Jack Bauer
post Sep 23 2013, 06:49 PM
Post #904

Allievi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,705

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

acid911
post Sep 23 2013, 07:37 PM
Post #905

Berretti

Member No.: 3,736

I can even see your signature laughing out loud on this one, Bauer. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) What a joke!

+Quote Post

dst
post Sep 23 2013, 08:00 PM
Post #906

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/onesmiley1.gif)

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Sep 23 2013, 10:02 PM
Post #907

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,388

I don't know about the best defender, but he has a career in comedy.

+Quote Post

William405
post Sep 24 2013, 07:17 AM
Post #908

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,239

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Sep 30 2013, 10:15 AM
Post #909

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

What a miserable man. It's the same guy who cheated with his age...yeah sure, better then Maldini.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Mar 18 2014, 12:38 PM
Post #910

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

Maldini: They’ve destroyed Milan

(IMG:http://football-italia.net/sites/default/files/imagecache/main_photo/[type]/[nid]/maldini-black490ai.jpg)

Paolo Maldini has hit out at a Milan he sees as ‘destroyed’: “Adriano Galliani feels all powerful. There is no project.”

The Rossoneri are enduring a difficult campaign and have seen a change in Coach fail to arrest the decline in results.

Former full-back Maldini, who in 24 seasons with the club won a total of 26 major honours, has reflected on his dismay in seeing the club struggle.

The weekend defeat at home to Parma saw fans protest and had the retired full-back watching on.

“Yes I watched the game, as well as the match with Atletico and nearly all of those of the past two years,” began Maldini to the Gazzetta dello Sport today.

“Inside me there is a mixture of anger and disappointment, not so much for the results, because the club has previously been 10th or 11th, but because the impression is that they have thrown away what was built with hard work over the previous 10 years.

“For me this is very bad. Milan have had the good fortune of having many winning cycles with similar synergies of men, I know how much work there was behind so many triumphs, what it took to build such a beautiful story. To see it all destroyed drives me crazy.”

The 45-year-old was asked how he believes the club has been destroyed.

“It stems from the exit of many players with a winning mentality. I believe that the successes first depend on the men.

“Milan have had so many pass through over the last 25 years, but how many of those work at the club? None. Milan’s history is Filippo Galli, head of the youth sector.

“And then there is Tassotti, who I believe could leave at the end of the season. If so it would be another crazy move. We will lose another piece of history. I hope that it is not true.

“At Bayern Munich and Real Madrid, the past greats work at the club. This is the first big problem. Juve has understood and has restructured using a solid group of Italians who know how to achieve success.

“Mine is not a personal discourse. Some might think that I spit in the plate where I ate, but it is not so. I suffer in seeing Milan under these conditions. I have two children who play in the youth sector, one is now on loan at Brescia. I feel a part of the club.”

Maldini was asked of the fans’ protests against action in the transfer market.

“The club must make clear that it has other goals - it cannot compete with Juve and it is not among the top 10 in Europe.

“There is no project, they look at today and not tomorrow. You have to buy players functional to the game, do not sign only on a free. You may get it right sometimes, but not always. And then if you hand out a colossal contract, it serves no purpose. But the problem is structural.

“Should Galliani stay or go? It is not for me to say. I think that when you feel all powerful, it is not clear that the results were obtained thanks to others. To win, we want ideas, design, passion. At Milan there remains only passion. It is not enough.

“Can Barbara Berlusconi lead Milan? I do not know. It depends on those around her. I do not think she is an expert on football and footballers.”

Maldini has been linked with a return to the Giuseppe Meazza in a technical position, and was quizzed on that.

“I had two interviews with Barbara, after the division of responsibilities I have been designated as the successor to Galliani in the technical area, but I have not heard from anyone.

“She wanted me to convey everything we have talked about so far, I was ready for a role in the sporting area, but there has been no follow up.”

Maldini was asked if Coach Clarence Seedorf, with his Milan past, was in the right place to help the club.

“It is logical that he does not have experience, he has great courage and personality, but even Guardiola could not do anything. Do not blame Clarence. There is a lack of clarity in objectives.

“Maybe at the end of the season there could be a more conservative Coach, then a good start to next year. So there is a risk he will get burned.

“Allegri’s dismissal? The situation in the table was bad, but I never believed another Coach could do better or make a change during the season.

“Inzaghi for the future? He has spent two years with the youth academy and this counts. But a rookie Coach must be supported by a very strong structure and not get burned. Sacchi and Capello at the start could rely on great champions.”

No comment (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

‘No-one opposed Allegri on Pirlo’

(IMG:http://football-italia.net/sites/default/files/imagecache/main_photo/[type]/[nid]/pirlo-milan-parma490ai_0.jpg)

Paolo Maldini’s strike out at Milan includes Adriano Galliani’s acceptance in 2011 to release Andrea Pirlo on Massimiliano Allegri’s say-so.

Pirlo endured a difficult final season with the Rossoneri under Allegri’s tenure and was released at the end of his contract, with Juventus picking him up that summer.

With the Bianconeri benefiting from consistent form from the Italy international, Maldini’s attack on the Rossoneri’s leadership today has included the decision to release the No 21.

“Leo wanted me at all costs to become sporting director. Galliani said that I was someone the club had moved on from,” stated Maldini in part of his interview with the Gazzetta dello Sport.

“It is not true. If you surround yourself with capable people then you can make fewer mistakes.

“The best example is Pirlo - if you have a Coach who says that Andrea as a player is finished and he is no longer needed, there must be someone in the club who replies ‘it’s not true, Pirlo is part of the tradition of this club and must remain’.

“So perhaps we would not have done a favour for Juventus…”

Oh dear (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) Depression mode on!

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Mar 18 2014, 01:02 PM
Post #911

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

Berlusconi - Galliani - Allegri, in that particular order, the artisans of Milan's demise.

+Quote Post

Ry4n
post Mar 18 2014, 01:53 PM
Post #912

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 932

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 18 2014, 05:02 PM) *
Berlusconi - Galliani - Allegri, in that particular order, the artisans of Milan's demise.

Never going to forgive those three for selling Pirlo. It like Juve selling Ibra to inter shooting your self in the foot. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

+Quote Post

dst
post Mar 18 2014, 02:25 PM
Post #913

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

Milan have moved on from Maldini?

MILAN HAVE MOVED ON FROM MALDINI??

You... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/realmad.gif) It's football that has moved on from you Gallini and it's time you go!!

JUST GO!!

+Quote Post

Linkman
post Mar 18 2014, 03:07 PM
Post #914

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 7,300

"Leo wanted me at all costs to become sporting director."

For those who diss Leo... The man clearly was smarter than most at this club nowadays.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Mar 18 2014, 07:07 PM
Post #915

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

Paolo Maldini interview

(SOURCE: La Gazzetta dello Sport, 18 March edition)

A full translation of the Paolo Maldini interview given to Fabiana Della Valle in La Gazzetta.

Maldini, did you see the game on Sunday?

“Yes, also the match with Atlético and nearly all of those for the last two years. Inside me there was a mix of anger and disappointment – not for the results, because this is already the tenth or eleventh time this has happened – but because the impression is that they have thrown away all that has been built over the last 10 years. Milan have had the good fortune to have had more winning cycles with similar synergies of men – I know how much work there was behind so many triumphs, what it took to build such a beautiful story. To see it all destroyed makes me crazy.”

What is this situation born from?

“The departures of so many players with a winning mentality. I believe that success depends first of all on the men. Many of these have passed through Milan in the last 25 years, but how many of those work at the club? None. The history of Milan is Filippo Galli, head of the youth sector. And then there is Tassotti, who I feel could leave at the end of the season. If this happens it would be another huge blow. We would lose another piece of history. I hope it is not true.

“At Bayern and Real Madrid, the legends work at the club. This is the first big problem. Juventus have understood this and have restructured, starting with a solid group of Italians that know how to reach success.”

Said in this way, it could seem that this is a discussion ‘pro domo sua’.

“I know, but mine is not a personal matter. Some might think that I spit on the plate from which I have eaten, but it is not like this. I suffer seeing Milan in these conditions. I have two children who play in the youth sector – one is now on loan at Brescia – I feel part of the club.”

Barbara Berlusconi and the fans have underlined that Milan have spent badly. Do you agree?

“The club must declare that they have other objectives – they cannot compete with Juventus and are not one of the top 10 teams in Europe. A project does not exist – they look at today and not tomorrow. You must buy players functional to the game, and not acquire only free transfers. You can do well once [with this tactic], but not always. And then offering a huge contract serves no purpose. But the problem is structural.”

Explain.

“Milan have many employees, but it is understructured in the sporting aspect. Galliani is a great leader, but he is not at a level to understand the players. It is all him and this is not possible. If you always trust the same agents – one in particular – at times you can make a deal, others not. At the base there must be knowledge. In recent years, Braida has played a marginal role. First there was Leonardo, who helped to understand whether a player was suitable for Milan.

“I remember when Leo wanted me at all costs to be sporting director, Galliani said: ‘it is an outmoded role’. This is not true. If you surround yourself with capable men, there will be fewer mistakes. Pirlo, for example – if the coach comes and says ‘Andrea is finished, I do not need him anymore’, there must be someone at the club who responds ‘this is not true, Pirlo is a legend of the club, he must stay’. This way, maybe we would not have done Juventus a favour.

“Another problem – the Milan of today cannot allow itself not to have a network of high level scouts. Before, they could choose the best, now you need to go and take players functional to the squad. Milan are lightyears behind the smaller teams.”

However, the management of Galliani has borne fruit for many years.

“Yes, but the results do not ever depend on a single person. Galliani is the man of reference in every field – sporting and non-sporting. The difference is that before at Milan there was a strong group who knew how to manage the dressing room. If someone did not arrive right, we thought we could set them straight. Maybe you can think that there was only Galliani, but there was also a synergy of men with the right knowledge, more than the investment of Berlusconi. With the departures of so many players with this winning mentality, it has all collapsed.”

Should Galliani stay or go?

“It is not for me to say. I think when you feel omnipotent, you do not understand that the results were also thanks to others. To win we want ideas, a project and great passion. At Milan, only the passion remains. It is not enough.”

Is Barbara at a level to lead Milan?

“I don’t know. It depends on who you surround her with. I do not think she is an expert on football or footballers.”

Months ago there was talk of your imminent return to the club. How close were you and why has this failed?

“I had two conversations with Barbara. After the division of responsibilities [Galliani looking after the sporting side, Barbara the business] I was referred to as the successor to Galliani for the technical area, but I have not heard from anyone. She wanted me to transmit everything we have talked about so far – I was ready for a sporting role, but there was no follow up.”

How much of this is the fault of the club?

“For sure, this situation does not help the players. The problems were there in the past, but they were managed at Milanello by the coach, captain and players.”

Seedorf has a Rossoneri background. Is he the right coach for this moment?

“It is logical that he cannot be an expert, he has great courage and personality, but not even Guardiola could do anything. It is not Clarence’s fault – there is a lack of clarity in objectives. Perhaps you could have come to the end of the season and taken a more conservative coach, in order to then start well next year. As it is now, there is a risk he will be burned.”

Would you have sacked Allegri?

“The situation in the table was bad, but I never thought another coach could do better or turn the season around.”

Can Inzaghi be a viable alternative for the future?

“He has done two years in the youth sector and this is important. But a rookie coach must be supported by a strong structure to ensure he does not get burned. Sacchi and Capello were [rookies] at the start, but could rely on great champions.”

Is the squad as poor as the table suggests?

“The classification reflects the value of the performances.”

There is talk of a split in the dressing room. Have you heard anything from your old teammates?

“No, I have not heard anything and to the voices I think even less, but in these cases exists a strange situation. There is a group that feels bad, finds anxiety, and the performances are affected, and there are other players who are less involved because maybe they already know they are leaving.”

Between 1996 and 1998, Milan finished 11th and 10th, but then won the title in 1999. Can you see similarities with those seasons?

“This Milan is lightyears away from that. To rebuild the squad you need a lot of investment. At that time to start again small alterations were enough. When we won the Champions League in 2007, Galliani said: ‘We do not think of being the best in Europe, it’s not like that’. I had already understood that without a renewal we would start to fall. It was the first step, but the final blow came with the sales of Ibrahimovic and Thiago Silva.”

How long will it take to see a competitive Milan?

“It depends on the objectives. I don’t think the fans just want to see a winning Milan. They would like to see a project – the generational change was fatal.”

Is Balotelli overrated?

“He is still not a champion. The same goes for Pato. The day I see them put the team on their shoulders and carry them for 90 minutes, then they will be. He has done it at times. I don’t know him, but I get the impression that if he went to Juventus – a team where there are clear ideas, a tough coach and a solid group of Italians – he would make the leap in quality. However, it is wrong to put all the weight on his shoulders – he is not the saviour of the country.”

Would you have agreed to talk to the curva?

“I have always hated these things – I have never accepted that some guys younger than me tell me to work harder when I was the one with the most appearances. If you are not satisfied then whistle me, but it ends there. I remember in 2007 when we won everything, for six months we did not have the support of the curva. Then I got angry. I didn’t understand.”

Is Berlusconi absent too much?

“The current situation makes you understand that he is not very involved. The Berlusconi that I knew gave different indications from a sporting point of view.”

Full article

+Quote Post

63 Pages V  « < 59 60 61 62 63 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 02:27 PM