dst
post Sep 4 2006, 10:48 AM
Post #31

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 911

QUOTE (Nova @ Sep 4 2006, 02:28 AM)
Oh lord , take me now , its all going downhill from here ...
(IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

enjoy it while it lasts or how that saying goes!!!!

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 4 2006, 10:13 AM)
For me, the USA-Hellas match was the real final. I guess they just gave more then everything against the Dream team and lost strenght and concentration for the final. Be proud of your country...European football( (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) ) and bastketball( (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) ) champions, World basketball runners up,...impressive...

I also think that's the case!!! The thing is we played in the toughest of the four groups while Spain was in the easiest ... but anyway Spain played beautiful in the final!!! Well done to them ... I won't cry for my team ... they got still a lot to give; next year Eurobasket and after that the 2008 Beijing Olympics ... man I love this team!!!! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

misha
post Sep 4 2006, 09:08 PM
Post #32

Allievi Regionali B

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 787

(IMG:http://www.soccerblog.com/Italy-%20France%20Euro.jpg)

+Quote Post

LaPalma
post Sep 4 2006, 09:20 PM
Post #33

Insert cool title here<--
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,792

QUOTE (mishale @ Sep 4 2006, 08:08 PM)

Well...as seen on the picture, Pippo seems to be Italys only hope this time (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)
And about Frances revenge, I'v seen Thierry Henry on Eurosport and he said even if France would win they won't have their revenge because they're still not World champions...
Oh BTW I still don't know which team I should support, I'm still so pissed because of that night in Dortmund a few weeks ago...

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Sep 4 2006, 09:35 PM
Post #34

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,388

QUOTE (LaPalma @ Sep 4 2006, 02:20 PM)
Well...as seen on the picture, Pippo seems to be Italys only hope this time (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)
And about Frances revenge, I'v seen Thierry Henry on Eurosport and he said even if France would win they won't have their revenge because they're still not World champions...
Oh BTW I still don't know which team I should support, I'm still so pissed because of that night in Dortmund a few weeks ago...

How can you not support Pippo??? (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post

LaPalma
post Sep 4 2006, 09:40 PM
Post #35

Group Icon

QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Sep 4 2006, 08:35 PM)

Belive me...those few times a year I defeinetely can...(after all I WILL hate Grosso until he ends his career...but Pippo...I just can't hate this guy (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) )

+Quote Post

dudernahata
post Sep 5 2006, 06:56 AM
Post #36

Esordienti B 96

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 572

QUOTE (LaPalma @ Sep 4 2006, 01:40 PM)
Belive me...those few times a year I defeinetely can...(after all I WILL hate Grosso until he ends his career...but Pippo...I just can't hate this guy  (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) )

haha i understand why u would hate gross, but for us italians...we love the guy! man, that goal against germany was really just perfect...and he got the penalty against the aussies...and then that awesome penalty in the final. but he plays for inter, so he is ok...hahaha (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

misha
post Sep 6 2006, 10:20 PM
Post #37

Allievi Regionali B

Roberto Donadoni's Italy career is in trouble after France took a 3-1 World Cup revenge, leaving their Euro 2008 hopes in dire straits.

Roberto Donadoni was already under pressure after the 1-1 draw with Lithuania and made changes to that line-up, introducing Franco Semioli, Gianluca Zambrotta and Alberto Gilardino for the 4-4-1-1 system that Italy employed in their World Cup win. Massimo Oddo, Daniele De Rossi and Pippo Inzaghi made way.

France were still smarting from that Final defeat on penalties and, although Zinedine Zidane has retired and Marco Materazzi was suspended, this was all set to be a tense encounter.

Before kick-off there was a minute's silence to mark the death of Inter President and legendary Azzurri captain Giacinto Facchetti. The Italian team also wore black armbands.

Les Bleus were still livid after that Berlin loss and it showed, as they came sprinting out of the blocks and within the opening 90 seconds Sidney Govou had volleyed a William Gallas cross low into the far corner past Gigi Buffon. As against Lithuania, the defending left something to be desired, although replays showed that the Arsenal defender was clearly offside when he got the ball.

The Azzurri, playing in white, fought back with Zambrotta's shot flashing over the bar, but Franck Ribery's cross just missed Inter's Patrick Vieira in the centre. Andrea Barzagli was at full stretch to toe-poke Thierry Henry's cut-back out of harm's way inside the penalty area, but France were pouring forward in droves.

On 17 minutes Buffon had his palms stung by a Florent Malouda rocket only for Henry to latch on to the loose ball and sidefoot it in from a tight angle with the aid of a Fabio Cannavaro deflection.

However, Italy pulled a goal back moments later. As in the World Cup Final, they were superior on set-pieces and Gilardino was allowed a free header on Andrea Pirlo's free kick to glance it past Gregory Coupet.

Cannavaro was muscled off a header with only Coupet to beat, but Buffon was at full stretch to tip Willy Sagnol's strike round the base of the near post.

Italy couldn't have gone closer to 2-2 on 27 minutes. Grosso hooked down a long pass and skipped past Sagnol, Semioli slid on to his cross and Coupet somehow managed to prod the ball off the line before it could go over completely. There were also penalty appeals, as Eric Abidal tussled with Semioli as he tried to get back on to the loose ball.

Cannavaro was booked for a challenge on Ribery and the Italian defence struggled to clear its lines, particularly with some weak Barzagli clearances, although the Palermo defender did well to block a Malouda shot. Donadoni also called Cassano several times to ensure he came back to help the midfield.

Henry was yellow carded for holding back Semioli as he sprinted down the right flank, while Simone Perrotta was foolishly booked for kicking the ball after the whistle had blown, so he'll be suspended against the Ukraine.

Cassano barely made an impact in the first half, but just before the break he shimmied clear of two markers and threaded through for Gilardino, who was just offside.

Cannavaro intelligently cut off Govou to prevent him running on to Henry's pass, while Barzagli cleared a looping Ribery free kick. From the resulting corner, Vieri nodded over the bar.

The Azzurri were still struggling to create chances, so Donadoni replaced Semioli with David Di Michele of Palermo, switching to a trident attack. However, this left Italy even more over-run in midfield and within seconds France scored their third goal. Sagnol's assist was glanced into the far corner off Govou's head for his second of the game, but there were few celebrations as he clashed heads with Cannavaro. The captain came off worse and was stretchered off in a dazed condition, but he was able to continue after treatment. Several minutes later he still seemed dizzy and out of sorts.

Di Michele set Gilardino running and Coupet ran out to clear, but although the goalkeeper did not touch the ball and did catch him accidentally with his legs, the Milan striker was booked for simulation.

Ribery was completely clear on the left flank and the ball eventually reached Govou, who missed his hat-trick by a matter of inches with an angled drive. Henry threaded though for Ribery and Buffon timed his move perfectly to pluck the ball off his foot. Gattuso acting as last man managed to head back to his goalkeeper despite being out-sprinted by Ribery on the counter-attack, while the Marseille man again drilled off target from an Henry assist.

Inzaghi, who scored against Lithuania, replaced a totally anonymous Cassano for the final 20 minutes and Sylvain Wiltord came on for Govou. Cannavaro recovered from his earlier injury with a powerful header on Pirlo's free kick, forcing Coupet into a great save.

Gilardino's long-range strike dipped well wide and De Rossi was the final substitution after Gila picked up a knock in a clash with Vieira. Di Michele's ambitious lob didn't catch out Coupet in stoppages and Grosso was booked.

Now October's ties in Rome against the Ukraine and away to Georgia become decisive if Donadoni is to have any hope of reaching Euro 2008.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

France: Coupet; Sagnol, Thuram, Gallas, Abidal; Ribery (Saha 88), Vieira, Makelele, Malouda; Govou (Wiltord 75), Henry
Italy: Buffon; Zambrotta, Cannavaro, Barzagli, Grosso; Semioli (Di Michele 54), Gattuso, Pirlo, Perrotta; Cassano (Inzaghi 73), Gilardino (De Rossi 87)
Ref: Fandel (Ger)

link

+Quote Post

misha
post Sep 6 2006, 10:35 PM
Post #38

Allievi Regionali B

Germany win 13-0 to set record 

Podolski scored four goals in the 13-0 win
Germany set a European Championship qualifying record after crushing San Marino 13-0 in the principality.
Striker Lukas Podolski scored four, with Bastian Schweinsteiger, while Miroslav Klose and Thomas Hitzlsperger all scoring two goals each.

Michael Ballack, Arne Friedrich and Bernd Schneider with a penalty were also on target in the game, which saw Germany lead 6-0 at the break.

Germany's Group D win bettered Spain's 12-1 victory over Malta in 1983.

Germany top Group D, which includes Wales and the Republic of Ireland, on goal difference.

Joachim Loew's side have six points, the same as the Czech Republic, who beat neighbours Slovakia 3-0 in Bratislava.

The result was also the worst in San Marino's history - 14 years ago they lost 10-0 to Norway.

San Marino's population is just 27,000, though the game was watched by a crowd of just over 5,000

link

Poor San Marino...

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 6 2006, 10:48 PM
Post #39

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

Germany win 13-0 to set record 

Podolski scored four goals in the 13-0 win
Germany set a European Championship qualifying record after crushing San Marino 13-0 in the principality.
Striker Lukas Podolski scored four, with Bastian Schweinsteiger, while Miroslav Klose and Thomas Hitzlsperger all scoring two goals each.

Michael Ballack, Arne Friedrich and Bernd Schneider with a penalty were also on target in the game, which saw Germany lead 6-0 at the break.

Germany's Group D win bettered Spain's 12-1 victory over Malta in 1983.

Germany top Group D, which includes Wales and the Republic of Ireland, on goal difference.

Joachim Loew's side have six points, the same as the Czech Republic, who beat neighbours Slovakia 3-0 in Bratislava.

The result was also the worst in San Marino's history - 14 years ago they lost 10-0 to Norway.

San Marino's population is just 27,000, though the game was watched by a crowd of just over 5,000

They had to rub that in my face (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)

Man I really hop Italy get their act togeth soon, even though the score should have been 2-1 tonight because Gallas was clearly offside when he crossed the ball for the first goal. Gila scored a good goal, but Cassano might have had a good game against Lituania but he was invisable tonight, I saw Gila dropping into the midfield more then him, that should be evidence enough. But what was Donadoni thinking putting in Semioli?? He wasn't doing anything but losing the ball, and tyhen the french would break on a lightning fast counter attack.

Still you could see in how much better shape the french where then Italy, Italy where totally getting burned out with the fast tempo the game was being played in, especially in the end

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 6 2006, 10:57 PM
Post #40

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

Damn, Germany's result cracked me up. I was browsing livescore and when I see San Marino 0 - 13 Germany I was like 'WTF?!?!'

About the Italy match, I think Donadoni shouldn't have played with two wingers like Cassano and Semioli, but with two strikers that would be Pippo and Gila + Cassano behind them. Something of 4-3-1-2, the scheme Carlo uses. It was clear Italy was 0 on the wings. But yes, France was superior to them in any aspect.

+Quote Post

LaPalma
post Sep 6 2006, 11:17 PM
Post #41

Group Icon

QUOTE (mishale @ Sep 6 2006, 09:35 PM)
Poor San Marino...

Even I feel a bit soory for them (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
But that was bad team trashing at its best! Our great team is the future. I just had this vision of Lennart Johannson handing over this cup for the EURO 2008 winner to Michael Ballack...

Oh and....haha Italy...

This post has been edited by LaPalma: Sep 6 2006, 11:17 PM

+Quote Post

arivanjj
post Sep 7 2006, 07:21 AM
Post #42

7th Heaven

Member No.: 821

Germany 13 goals!! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) , joke of the month

btw, very very dissapointing italy.

+Quote Post

GULLIVER
post Sep 7 2006, 09:41 AM
Post #43

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 1,214

Very high disappointing Italy. No motivation, no will.

I can understand that they are WORLD CHEMPIONS, but still that doesn't mean - "Let's rest a little bit".

Comon Italy, I hope france will see azzurie's power in the return leg. Only Pirlo, and only Pirlo was playing. Nobody else.

P.S. Armenia - Belgium - 0-1. Daaaaamn, we were playing very well. They were just very tall and they scored a header. We had good chances, some really good chances, but couldn't do nothing at all. Daaaaaaaaaaaamn

+Quote Post

GULLIVER
post Sep 7 2006, 09:43 AM
Post #44

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 1,214

Yeah and Germany went crazy. San Marino's team is probably just a bunch of young or old men running in the field. Why so harsh??? (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post

Costacurta
post Sep 7 2006, 10:37 AM
Post #45

Esordienti B 96

Member No.: 1,611

From the resulting corner, Vieri nodded over the bar

WTF. He is not mentioned i the team line ups, and Donadoni would really have lost it he brought him back!

Who the hell is Semioli. I don't get why Cassano is back. Its good to see Pippo back, but, Del Piero or Gila should be his partner. Is Grosso injured or something, otherwise why wasnt he at LB and therefore Zambrotta at RB? All a bit concerning from the old Milan man. I'm astonished that that defence conceded 3 times, but I suppose it was weakened a bit.

Italy have some hard work now to qualify. Thye'll have to beat France at home I think.

+Quote Post

106 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:49 AM