> Serie A - Week 17 - Milan - Roma, Date: 18/12/10 Time: 20:45 CET

han2503
post Dec 13 2010, 11:13 PM
Post #1

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

Here goes, this is the big one before the break, we win this and we're in the firm driving seat going into the new year.

Rino and Zambro are out, so we'll be missing a lot of important players for this one. How ironic is it that Rino gets injured when Flamini is out as well (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

How I think we'll line up

Abate--Bonera--Nesta--Antonini
Seedorf---Ambro--Pirlo
Boateng
Ibra--Robinho

Not too keen on having Seedorf play there, but at this point we don't really have much of a choice, plus when we're defending Boateng will most likely be dropping back to form a 4 man midfield while Robinho becomes the link between the midfield and Zlatan
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Dec 13 2010, 11:44 PM
Post #2

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

That's definitely gonna be the line-up, though we'll have to see how and where Allegri is willing to play Boateng.

+Quote Post

servbot
post Dec 13 2010, 11:49 PM
Post #3

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 6,771

Why not switch Boateng and Seedorf? or with Pirlo?

+Quote Post

Dracoris
post Dec 14 2010, 12:39 AM
Post #4

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,716

Allegri said a lot of positive things about Strasser, and he is more of a natural sub for Rino than Seedorf. Never know.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Dec 14 2010, 12:51 AM
Post #5

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

Hmh, I wouldn't push the boy in fire already. I'd stick with Seedorf in this one. It's not that Roma has a super-fast midfield.

+Quote Post

CHU-LIP
post Dec 14 2010, 01:07 AM
Post #6

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 7,230

QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 14 2010, 12:13 AM) *
How I think we'll line up

Abate--Bonera--Nesta--Antonini
Seedorf---Ambro--Pirlo
Boateng
Ibra--Robinho

Not too keen on having Seedorf play there, but at this point we don't really have much of a choice, plus when we're defending Boateng will most likely be dropping back to form a 4 man midfield while Robinho becomes the link between the midfield and Zlatan

No way that's going to be the midfield. It will either be:
Robinho, Ibrahimovic
Seedorf
Pirlo, Ambrosini, Boateng
Antonini, Bonera, Nesta, Abate
Abbiati
or:
Robinho, Ibrahimovic
Boateng
Pirlo, Ambrosini, Strasser
Abbiati
I am hoping for the latter. I like the Boateng-Pirlo combo supported by two more defending midfielders. Playing Seedorf as Gattuso's sub, gives a lack of defensive power I'd say. And we don't need Seedorf's creativity with Pirlo in midfield already. Strasser makes more sense as Gattuso's replacement, and I know it's Roma (and that's exactly why we need a more defensive midfielder), but whenever Strasser played, he showed good things. Don't ruin the tactics by having no faith in youth. Playing Seedorf as Gattuso's replacement, you can easily call that a gamble too, so...

This post has been edited by CHU-LIP: Dec 14 2010, 01:23 AM

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Dec 14 2010, 01:41 AM
Post #7

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

Mhm...I don't think so. Why?

1) Allegri has a habit of repeating things is they work in one occasion. Boateng started against Brescia and Bologna as a AM and scored. While a coach like Carlo or Sacchi would drop this experiment because Roma is a different thing, I doubt Allegri will do it. He'll stick with Boateng as AM, knowing him.

2) "But whenever Strasser played, he showed good things" - sounds good, but you have to mention that whenever in this case means 1-2 matches per season against weak oposition and at a point where the match is already decided. I think Strasser wasn't really under pressure against Bologna. I have faith in youth, but all things must come in a certain time, and right now, I'm not so sure it's the time to bring him in as a starter.

+Quote Post

CHU-LIP
post Dec 14 2010, 01:57 AM
Post #8

Giovanissimi Nazionali

So you're saying first Boateng as AM, and then no Strasser. Because you're not so sure it's the time to bring him in as a starter? When is the time then? We have no other options. Seedorf as RCM, with Pirlo already as LCM, should not be preferred vs Roma. Only Ambrosini is good in defending then, and Roma are a strong team!

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Dec 14 2010, 02:25 AM
Post #9

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

I'd play Strasser right away if it was up to me, but knowing Allegri, he'll play Seedorf as AM with Boateng as DM/RM.

+Quote Post

CHU-LIP
post Dec 14 2010, 01:30 PM
Post #10

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Knowing Allegri? Do you know him that well? Hopefully not. This message is likeable:

Allegri prensa to Strasser if Gattuso does not recover
14/12/2010 12:15 by Peter Mazzara article read 662 times

Rodney Strasser could be the middle third against Roma. Massimiliano Allegri has a great view of the median of Sierra Leone who, against Bologna, it was very disengaged and did not regret what he could to be a master of the role. If Ringhio could not recover for Saturday's race, the Rossoneri could launch the product from the first minute of the nursery Rossoneri confirmed Boateng behind the strikers.

milannews

+Quote Post

han2503
post Dec 14 2010, 01:51 PM
Post #11

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 13 2010, 11:44 PM) *
That's definitely gonna be the line-up, though we'll have to see how and where Allegri is willing to play Boateng.

That was my only doubt, but I think Allegri will stick to the system that is currently working .ie. Boateng as AM.

QUOTE (Dracoris @ Dec 14 2010, 12:39 AM) *
Allegri said a lot of positive things about Strasser, and he is more of a natural sub for Rino than Seedorf. Never know.

Strasser playing from minute 1 against Roma? highly unlikely. Why? I don't think he's ready yet, not just because of the opposition but the importance of this game. Seedorf is no defensive player but he knows how to hold on to the ball and make the smart pass instead of one that would put us under pressure, something that Strasser is still very green at. Just because Strasser has the DM title does not mean that he should automatically step in for Rino, simply because if he can't get into the game he will do more harm then good.

QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Dec 14 2010, 01:07 AM) *
No way that's going to be the midfield. It will either be:
Robinho, Ibrahimovic
Seedorf
Pirlo, Ambrosini, Boateng
Abbiati
or:
Robinho, Ibrahimovic
Boateng
Pirlo, Ambrosini, Strasser
Abbiati
I am hoping for the latter. I like the Boateng-Pirlo combo supported by two more defending midfielders. Playing Seedorf as Gattuso's sub, gives a lack of defensive power I'd say. And we don't need Seedorf's creativity with Pirlo in midfield already. Strasser makes more sense as Gattuso's replacement, and I know it's Roma (and that's exactly why we need a more defensive midfielder), but whenever Strasser played, he showed good things. Don't ruin the tactics by having no faith in youth. Playing Seedorf as Gattuso's replacement, you can easily call that a gamble too, so...

Strasser probably won't be playing from the start, while Allegri has shown the tendency to stick with what works until it doesn't, as a lot of people have already pointed out. Currently Boateng behind the strikers is working out great. We'll probably play a diamond, Ambro in front of the defense, Pirlo and Seedorf playing on the right and left of the midfield slightly more advanced with Boateng roaming around. When we're defending all the mids will retreat to form a 4 man midfield, just like they have been doing for a while.

Like I said, playing Strasser just because he has the DM title could do more harm then good. If he makes a couple of mistakes then it will cost us, and him in his development. Against Bologna the game was done, he didn't have any pressure on him. The Roma game is different, and imo Seedorf will handle it better.

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Dec 14 2010, 01:41 AM) *
Mhm...I don't think so. Why?

1) Allegri has a habit of repeating things is they work in one occasion. Boateng started against Brescia and Bologna as a AM and scored. While a coach like Carlo or Sacchi would drop this experiment because Roma is a different thing, I doubt Allegri will do it. He'll stick with Boateng as AM, knowing him.

2) "But whenever Strasser played, he showed good things" - sounds good, but you have to mention that whenever in this case means 1-2 matches per season against weak oposition and at a point where the match is already decided. I think Strasser wasn't really under pressure against Bologna. I have faith in youth, but all things must come in a certain time, and right now, I'm not so sure it's the time to bring him in as a starter.

1) Agreed

2) Agreed

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 14 2010, 02:25 AM) *
I'd play Strasser right away if it was up to me, but knowing Allegri, he'll play Seedorf as AM with Boateng as DM/RM.

I still wouldn't play Strasser from the start either way. Seedorf is far more experianced for it. Also I think we'll be seeing Boateng in the AM position, simply because it's a system that is working so Allegri will most likely stick to it

+Quote Post

CHU-LIP
post Dec 14 2010, 03:10 PM
Post #12

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Fillipo saying he has got faith in youth, and han agreeing with that, but I believe you don't have that faith really. Han saying about how Strasser can make mistakes against Roma, because the pressure is higher. Seedorf can also make mistakes. Him being far more experienced is an advantage, but you guys want to play him in a position that does not suit him. Especially not because also Pirlo is playing behind the AM. In the line-up you guys are preferring Seedorf must do a lot of defending duties. Since when we like to see that? Is Seedorf actually capable of that? I don't know, but Strasser is better suited for that. Of course playing against Bologna is not the same against Roma, but Strasser plays good in our midfield, so he could do the same against Roma. I disagree with the pressure thing finding a reason not to start Strasser. Lots of young players had their debuts in a more pressure game and did well. Strasser is playing good and is the only logical alternative for Gattuso against Roma. A midfield of Boateng, Pirlo, Ambrosini and Seedorf is defensively very vulnerable. Strasser can handle Gattuso's position better than Seedorf. Seedorf is not made for that position, while Strasser is. Midfield needs defending support, not Seedorf. Playing both Pirlo and Seedorf is one thing, but both behind the AM? That's sick.

All your concerns about playing Strasser, but you guys think Seedorf can't screw things up as sort of defending midfielder??? All things said about Strasser, expect the inexperience, can be said about Seedorf too.

This post has been edited by CHU-LIP: Dec 14 2010, 03:18 PM

+Quote Post

William405
post Dec 14 2010, 03:34 PM
Post #13

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,239

Boateng behind the strikers is a good idea by allegri,but the thing that made it work is the exchange in positions that we saw between Boateng and Pirlo.Some times,Pirlo was playing deep and others he was in the center of the field.Given the resources allegri has,I think that's the best possible solution.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Dec 14 2010, 05:04 PM
Post #14

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Dec 14 2010, 03:10 PM) *
Fillipo saying he has got faith in youth, and han agreeing with that, but I believe you don't have that faith really. Han saying about how Strasser can make mistakes against Roma, because the pressure is higher. Seedorf can also make mistakes. Him being far more experienced is an advantage, but you guys want to play him in a position that does not suit him. Especially not because also Pirlo is playing behind the AM. In the line-up you guys are preferring Seedorf must do a lot of defending duties. Since when we like to see that? Is Seedorf actually capable of that? I don't know, but Strasser is better suited for that. Of course playing against Bologna is not the same against Roma, but Strasser plays good in our midfield, so he could do the same against Roma. I disagree with the pressure thing finding a reason not to start Strasser. Lots of young players had their debuts in a more pressure game and did well. Strasser is playing good and is the only logical alternative for Gattuso against Roma. A midfield of Boateng, Pirlo, Ambrosini and Seedorf is defensively very vulnerable. Strasser can handle Gattuso's position better than Seedorf. Seedorf is not made for that position, while Strasser is. Midfield needs defending support, not Seedorf. Playing both Pirlo and Seedorf is one thing, but both behind the AM? That's sick.

All your concerns about playing Strasser, but you guys think Seedorf can't screw things up as sort of defending midfielder??? All things said about Strasser, expect the inexperience, can be said about Seedorf too.

Seedorf and Pirlo have played behind an AM (that was a lot more attack minded might I add) for the majority of their careers, it's not that much outside the realm of possibilities. Also, Strasser has been playing good? When? In the 35 odd minutes he put in against Bologna when the game was already done?

Yes Seedorf might make mistakes but that is less likely to happen then Strasser.

And yes, I am someone who wants to see the kids playing, but not in such a high stakes match. Coppa games? Sure, Meaningless CL game? Sure. Allegri had that opportunity against Ajax and didn't play him then and that game didn't mean anything, what makes you think he'll risk playing him against Roma?

+Quote Post

CHU-LIP
post Dec 14 2010, 05:47 PM
Post #15

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 14 2010, 06:04 PM) *
Seedorf and Pirlo have played behind an AM (that was a lot more attack minded might I add) for the majority of their careers, it's not that much outside the realm of possibilities. Also, Strasser has been playing good? When? In the 35 odd minutes he put in against Bologna when the game was already done?
They aren't the same as they used to be. Especially not Seedorf, and you know that!
Yes Seedorf might make mistakes but that is less likely to happen then Strasser.
You can't know that. You can be very easily wrong at this.
And yes, I am someone who wants to see the kids playing, but not in such a high stakes match. Coppa games? Sure, Meaningless CL game? Sure. Allegri had that opportunity against Ajax and didn't play him then and that game didn't mean anything, what makes you think he'll risk playing him against Roma?
You like to see kids play, but you don't have fully faith in them. Else you would trust Strasser also with these kind of matches when no better solution is available. Starting against Roma, then Strasser really will develop.

This post has been edited by CHU-LIP: Dec 14 2010, 05:49 PM

+Quote Post

19 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:18 PM