Reply to this topicStart new topic
> [CL] Champions League 07/08

Rossoneri7
post May 22 2008, 12:03 PM
Post #1801

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

Damn Terry (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Oh well, it was kind of balanced to say the least. Congrats to United.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

dst
post May 22 2008, 12:08 PM
Post #1802

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 911

Oh and... Kaka who? Cristiano who? The best player in the whole wide world is Michael Essien!!! I mean it, for me he's up there among the very best and he is my dream signing!

+Quote Post

arivanjj
post May 22 2008, 12:26 PM
Post #1803

7th Heaven

Member No.: 821

QUOTE (dst @ May 22 2008, 09:08 PM)
Oh and... Kaka who? Cristiano who? The best player in the whole wide world is Michael Essien!!! I mean it, for me he's up there among the very best and he is my dream signing!

was i sleepy? or did he get ripped a couple of times by CR!?

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post May 22 2008, 12:28 PM
Post #1804

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (dst @ May 22 2008, 02:08 PM)

(IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

He was a monster .. In certain instances, I think Ringo did a better job at keeping CR at bay, but Essian was a worrier on the field yesterday !! I think he would do great here.

But did you see makelele !! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif) (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif) omg, at his age, he was amazing !! Simply breathtaking the way he dictated the tempo and kept the midfield in check !

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post May 22 2008, 12:57 PM
Post #1805

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (dst @ May 22 2008, 12:08 PM)

He was excellent but the Manchester goal is his fault. Very bad marking. But it can happen to anyone.

I also agree Makelele played a fabulous match. Naah, Chelsea should have gone all the way. I'm so sorry for Terry...

but in the 2nd half and two extra times he did almost nothing and took his penalty very badly.

That's what I've said. Grant made a couple tacticall modifications and shut down CR. That's why Fergie pulled him more to the midfield near regular time end.

+Quote Post

Portman
post May 22 2008, 12:57 PM
Post #1806

Berretti

Member No.: 347

(IMG:http://pt.uefa.com/multimediafiles/photo/competitions/ucl/69/98/38/699838_biglandscape.jpg)

Essien - the best out there? Cristiano - specially in the first half - made him look an amateur.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post May 22 2008, 01:03 PM
Post #1807

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

I personally thought Ronaldo owned Essien all game long. Essien is no RB, and Ronaldo showed that to everyone.. but Essien is a top player when he plays in midfield.

United should have won the game easy in my opinion, even if they weren't the better team. Tevez missed a few very easy chances, including the open goal, Cech made that great double save and the one that Terry cleared off the line.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post May 22 2008, 01:09 PM
Post #1808

Primavera
Group Icon

Oh yeah, you reminded me on one thing - IMO Chech is highly overrated. Nowere near Buffon or Casillas. He has excellent moments, and great reflexes. But he reminded me on Dida. Every Man U. corner you could see him lost, with false movement and positioning. Plus Nelson is a better penalty saver. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/96.gif)

+Quote Post

dst
post May 22 2008, 01:20 PM
Post #1809

Primavera
Group Icon

I'm not talking just about yesterday's display. Essien has had an amazing season but it goes unnoticed because he does not score goals... in my view he is among the very best players in Europe.

@Kurt: I asked you if you had seen the incident with Makelele and Cole. It seems that Ashley was available in the end. What I wanted to tell you is that you should not believe in what the media say... they made it sound like Makelele took a Chuck Norris rounkick on Cole and the latter's career was over... bull. Also the media of the victim player's country will always add even more sauce on it...

+Quote Post

Portman
post May 22 2008, 01:47 PM
Post #1810

Berretti

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 22 2008, 01:09 PM)
Oh yeah, you reminded me on one thing - IMO Chech is highly overrated. Nowere near Buffon or Casillas. He has excellent moments, and great reflexes. But he reminded me on Dida. Every Man U. corner you could see him lost, with false movement and positioning. Plus Nelson is a better penalty saver.  (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/96.gif)

IMHO nowadays there is no keeper near Casillas. He's simply the best.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post May 22 2008, 01:52 PM
Post #1811

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

QUOTE (dst @ May 22 2008, 12:20 PM)
@Kurt: I asked you if you had seen the incident with Makelele and Cole. It seems that Ashley was available in the end. What I wanted to tell you is that you should not believe in what the media say... they made it sound like Makelele took a Chuck Norris rounkick on Cole and the latter's career was over... bull. Also the media of the victim player's country will always add even more sauce on it...

I know very well to ignore our media, it's not what they said anyways, they showed the incident when it happened. It was a terrible and stupid tackle, that video makes it look like Ashley was fine right away, he had to go off for medical treatment for a few hours. Somebody who has been in the game as long as Makelele should know that's an outrageous thing to do at a time like that. Yes, Ashley was avilable at the end, but he could have broken his leg!

Cech has had a bad season. Last night he wasn't at fault for the goal and had a pretty good game, especially that great double save. Anyone that saw him over the christmas period will know just how bad he can be though!

+Quote Post

dst
post May 22 2008, 02:26 PM
Post #1812

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (Porty @ May 22 2008, 03:47 PM)
IMHO nowadays there is no keeper near Casillas. He's simply the best.

Right now it's Casillas > Cesar > the rest of them.

I think Buffon is the best of them all but this season he did not (have to) make anything spectcular. Maybe in the Euro he will shine again.

+Quote Post

Portman
post May 22 2008, 02:34 PM
Post #1813

Berretti

QUOTE (dst @ May 22 2008, 02:26 PM)
Right now it's Casillas > Cesar > the rest of them.

I think Buffon is the best of them all but this season he did not (have to) make anything spectcular. Maybe in the Euro he will shine again.

Didn't know you rate Julio Cesar so highly. But I agree. He's in the top too.

+Quote Post

dst
post May 22 2008, 05:01 PM
Post #1814

Primavera
Group Icon

By the way, anyone else thinks the camera used for the PK shouout was lame?

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post May 22 2008, 05:14 PM
Post #1815

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (dst @ May 22 2008, 05:01 PM)
By the way, anyone else thinks the camera used for the PK shouout was lame?

Agreed. But it wasn't the only lame camera used. The aerial one (for FK's) also was.

+Quote Post

122 Pages V  « < 119 120 121 122 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:59 PM