> [IT] Serie A 2017-18

Fillipo Simone
post Jul 26 2017, 05:18 PM
Post #1

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

In less then a half hour we'll know the Serie A draw for this season. Probably a suitable moment for opening this topic.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Fishdoll
post Jul 26 2017, 06:40 PM
Post #2

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 7,075

Watching the draw as it unfolds. Matchdays 7 and 8 should be interesting: Milan-Roma and then the derby.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jul 26 2017, 07:57 PM
Post #3

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

(IMG:https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DFrjNDsWAAIBCvz.jpg)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jul 26 2017, 07:58 PM
Post #4

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Well, it's not the easiest of starts but it certainly could have been much worse

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Jul 26 2017, 08:39 PM
Post #5

Primavera
Group Icon

Yep. Week 7 and 8 definitively most interesting.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jul 26 2017, 11:07 PM
Post #6

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

Would have liked the first game at the San Siro, but whatever.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Jul 27 2017, 09:44 AM
Post #7

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 27 2017, 05:37 AM) *
Would have liked the first game at the San Siro, but whatever.

No we can't. We have to alternate with Inter on the first game being played at home every season. So last season we were at home, therefore this season we play away.

+Quote Post

Fishdoll
post Aug 14 2017, 12:26 PM
Post #8

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 7,075

So, Lazio beat the Gobbi in the Supercoppa. The winning goal was possible courtesy of some really bad defending by one Mattia De Sciglio (who let Lukaku past him. Lukaku then centered the ball for the Lazio youth product Murgia to score).

My takeaways: Lazio look better than I thought they would. They're organized and have a solid-looking team. The gobbi are a mess defensively, still. Allegri's reorganization didn't work at all and I found it rather telling that at the end of the game he spent time on the pitch yelling at Chiellini. It seems all is still not well in the white and black half of Torino.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 14 2017, 03:07 PM
Post #9

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Aug 14 2017, 12:26 PM) *
So, Lazio beat the Gobbi in the Supercoppa. The winning goal was possible courtesy of some really bad defending by one Mattia De Sciglio (who let Lukaku past him. Lukaku then centered the ball for the Lazio youth product Murgia to score).

My takeaways: Lazio look better than I thought they would. They're organized and have a solid-looking team. The gobbi are a mess defensively, still. Allegri's reorganization didn't work at all and I found it rather telling that at the end of the game he spent time on the pitch yelling at Chiellini. It seems all is still not well in the white and black half of Torino.

Juve were terrible is all areas of the pitch.

What was most telling is their build up game without Bonucci is gone completely, so Allegri will have to have a major rethink in terms of tactics without him

Btw, isn't it ironic how the Inzaghi brothers turned out? One was an exceptional player but so far hasn't shown that he can really make it as a coach. while the other was a pretty average player in his day yet has instantly shown that he will become an exceptional coach in the coming years.

Lazio have been doing so well this past season because of Inzaghi imo, his tactical know how is really impressive. I really like how Lazio play, their game against Juve yesterday was perfect. I think he'll be the next great Italian coach

As for Juve in general, I think they'll struggle a bit at the start, they're showing cracks no doubt but they'll still steam roll the majority of the league.

If they get off to a really bad start like the season they had prior to the last, I can see Napoli taking advantage of it

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Aug 15 2017, 11:25 AM
Post #10

Primavera
Group Icon

What's funny is that the typical Allegri treats all start showing now that the boat is shaken. For example clinging on Mandzukić who's become the new and improved Emanuelson, spinning around with Dybala as AM then SS, waiting for his team to show up, making atypical changes, playing MDS on the right, preferring Barzagli at 37 on the right to a fit Lichtsteiner, gosh I could go on and on...

+Quote Post

Danny
post Aug 15 2017, 11:51 AM
Post #11

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

I must be the only one on here not caring what Juve do. They're vulnerable. It's up to us to exploit it, not obsess over it.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 15 2017, 02:32 PM
Post #12

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 15 2017, 11:51 AM) *
I must be the only one on here not caring what Juve do. They're vulnerable. It's up to us to exploit it, not obsess over it.

It's just interesting to see what they'll do this season. I think Napoli will be the ones to benefit from any Juve vulnerabilities, not us. We're not there yet imo

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Aug 16 2017, 08:38 AM
Post #13

Primavera
Group Icon

I don't think Napoli is there tbh. Don't get me wrong, they have a solid team, but - for some reason they are vastly overrated IMO.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Aug 16 2017, 08:40 AM
Post #14

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 15 2017, 01:51 PM) *

It's not an obsession Danny, but probably the need to scrutinize their dealings, tactics and mental state because Juventus is the team to beat for the scudetto and they have been for a long while now.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Aug 16 2017, 10:28 AM
Post #15

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 16 2017, 08:40 AM) *
It's not an obsession Danny, but probably the need to scrutinize their dealings, tactics and mental state because Juventus is the team to beat for the scudetto and they have been for a long while now.

We can't change any of the above so no point obsessing about it. We've done some damage with Bonucci - let's concentrate on our own club and let whatever happens in Turin, happen.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:36 PM