han2503
post Mar 18 2023, 10:23 PM
Post #754

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

Everyone out of form

Players all over the place. Everyone looks like they have zero clue as to what the game plan is in both phases

I really thought we had turned a corner against Atalanta, but it is looking like that was a mirage and nothing else.

This 3 at the back BS needs to stop

Once again, appalling changes on top of the mess we start with
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Mar 18 2023, 10:27 PM
Post #755

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

The team cant catch a break, Milan don?t seem able to hold onto the top four spots.

The opposition have nullified Pioli?s tactics/solutions.

Now its a 4-2-3-1; with 15 mins left on the clock ? lets see what the magician can pull out of his hat.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Mar 18 2023, 10:32 PM
Post #756

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Mar 18 2023, 10:27 PM) *
The team cant catch a break, Milan don?t seem able to hold onto the top four spots.

The opposition have nullified Pioli?s tactics/solutions.

Now its a 4-2-3-1; with 15 mins left on the clock ? lets see what the magician can pull out of his hat.

It's really not about the opposition at this point

We have shown a clear lack of urgency in these games

Not to mention the complete cluelessness as to how to create chances in this shape.

4-3-3 should have always been the simplest answer

Our midfield is still getting overrun because we still have 2 men in there.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Mar 18 2023, 10:35 PM
Post #757

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Can't believe we were just 5 points behind Napoli after the 1st game of the new year. And we ended up here within a matter of lass than 2 months...

+Quote Post

han2503
post Mar 18 2023, 10:39 PM
Post #758

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

I honestly don't know what the right answer is now re Pioli

He has clearly lost this team, and we cannot keep losing points and this is clearly not going anywhere atm and the longer he stays, the longer we jeopardize that CL spot. On the other hand this is a crucial moment in the season with those quarter finals coming up. I don't know who could realistically come in to save this situation

+Quote Post

Danny
post Mar 18 2023, 10:56 PM
Post #759

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 18 2023, 10:39 PM) *
I honestly don't know what the right answer is now re Pioli

He has clearly lost this team, and we cannot keep losing points and this is clearly not going anywhere atm and the longer he stays, the longer we jeopardize that CL spot. On the other hand this is a crucial moment in the season with those quarter finals coming up. I don't know who could realistically come in to save this situation

(IMG:https://i2-prod.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/article26489222.ece/ALTERNATES/s810/0_Screenshot-2023-03-16-at-151525.png)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Mar 18 2023, 11:04 PM
Post #760

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Danny @ Mar 18 2023, 10:56 PM) *

He wants a club with a big budget. Don't think he'll want to come here

+Quote Post

han2503
post Mar 18 2023, 11:05 PM
Post #761

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Plus, the man is terrible in the CL

If we're going for a big profile, I'd take Tuchel over Conte.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Mar 19 2023, 08:38 AM
Post #762

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

Cardinale needs to find a solution for his investment in Milan, the long term strategy is something all fans will embrace. But the short to medium term is a pain-point. With Elliot Milan won the Scudetto and got back into the CL.

Granted the transfer budget is allocated based on the profit the club achieves; the same bolstered by TV income, Sponsorships, matchday income and merchandizing (not neglecting player sales, of which Milan have no-one of note that could generate such income, bar Leao). That said, Redbird need to find a solution for the short-term and fast, as this team is starting to regress (not only in results, but ..) in quality of play, tactical solutions and technical abilities.

The coach I believe is to bear responsibility for where Milan is in the table and the direction the squad is headed to; i.e. a bad mental state. But the coach alone is not to blame, as Milan is one-dimensional, relying heavily on one outlet (Leao) who has met his kryptonite in Serie A as most coaches by now know how to stop him. What is left is very low quality.

The team shifted to a 4-2-3-1 in the second half last night, which is more suited to the solutions available in this squad. However, the tactics have been picked at by the opposition and most coaches know how to stop any threat this team can pose.

Its sad that after winning a Scudetto the club can not ?afford? a leap in quality for their squad. Its also sad that a player as important as Leao has his head and heart destined for a departure. Leaving the club haggling over renewal or a sale.

Overall I give credit to Maldini and Massara for the work they have done with the resources at their disposal, confirming Pioli on their part was also a courages decision. Now all fingers have to be pointed towards Cardinale, who has to dig deep and muster out sponsorships in order to fund this club, either that or raise equity! That said, I am not talking about a PSG or City takeover type of support, but something that instills confidence in the general direction and intent. As of now, the culprit is the owner, even though FFP has slapped shackles on Milan, he and not Pioli not Maldini is the sole culprit.

Berlusconi used to attend the players training, visit the players in the locker-room and challenge his coaches on their tactics. This Cardinale fellow has done nothing of the sorts.

I had booked a flight to visit Italy and was aiming to attend Milan Lazio in May. Yesterday night I decided to spend my time in Italy in Tuscany instead of going to that game. Such a shame.

Rant ends/

This post has been edited by Rossoneri7: Mar 19 2023, 12:45 PM

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Mar 19 2023, 02:08 PM
Post #763

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

This is getting ridiculous. These players have lost all motivation. We never played football champagne before, the only reason we won the Scudetto was the group spirit. Take that away, and we're nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Why we passed against Tottenham, aside from the poor quality of the opponent, was that everyone was 100% focused in both games. In the league this concentration and desire is non-existent.

Pioli has no grasp on the team anymore. It's useless to talk about changing coach now because it's never going to happen, but the players themselves need to be self-aware and understand that we must make it in top 4 at all cost.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Mar 19 2023, 11:13 PM
Post #764

Allievi Nazionali

So if I may also offer my worthless 2 pence.

This is where Milan last season really were. We had the difference of Ibra and Maignan, and they made the difference while the rest of the league floundered. We were utter rubbish and it's the worst big five league title I've ever seen, aside Leicester, who were just right players right time and Ranieri fluked it. This and last season's Milan are not as good as that Leicester. We have a few good players, but not enough, well short.

What doesn't fit is how good we've been in the UCL - this looks like UCL DNA Milan, players who actually know what they're doing.

It reminds me, and this is going back a bit, of the bipolar Valencia of the late 90s and early 00s. They were actually bottom of LaLiga but somehow got to two UCL finals in a row, they were ruddy great in Europe. We're managing to be good in Europe (albeit some favourable draws) and we're barely scraping by in the league.

There's no difference really between both sides, this season and last. It's just that this season, last season's Milan have been exposed domestically, and the manager is completely out of his depth.

But it's not all on Pioli. We just don't have the players. We're a good top 5 team, but that's the limit.

I don't expect anyone to agree with me.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Mar 27 2023, 11:09 AM
Post #765

Allievi Nazionali

Conte fired, yet another bad appointment for a club who deserve all bad fortune they get. I look forward to their next failure.

+Quote Post

111 Pages V  « < 49 50 51 52 53 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 03:18 PM