Jack Sparrow
post Jun 16 2009, 06:00 AM
Post #601

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,865

QUOTE (MizNelson @ Jun 16 2009, 11:14 AM) *
Class post. I'm seeing this side of the argument gaining more momentum as time goes on.

I like that there are two sides of the argument. I love this actually.

But let's not get too bogged down in the past. Kaka is as much a Milan player now as Rui was a Viola player when he lifted those cups with us. Maybe he'll come back, like Leonardo and Albertini, maybe he won't. We'll see.

Things change...let's move on.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Stefano Di Nardo
post Jun 16 2009, 06:11 AM
Post #602

Pulcini 99

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,322

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jun 16 2009, 01:00 AM) *
I like that there are two sides of the argument. I love this actually.

But let's not get too bogged down in the past. Kaka is as much a Milan player now as Rui was a Viola player when he lifted those cups with us. Maybe he'll come back, like Leonardo and Albertini, maybe he won't. We'll see.

Things change...let's move on.

You know I have to say that with our new signings, Thiago Silva and Aly Cissokho, and the possibility of signing Edin Džeko or a similar forward as well, I am more and more forgetting about the past and becoming quite excited about the future. I think we could have success next year, I certainly can't wait for our first match to see how things go and how well our new players fit into the squad.

I hope that Ronaldinho can truly shine now that he will be our number one playmaker. With him playing every match he just might be able to return to his former glory! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/devilsmiley.gif)

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Jun 16 2009, 06:19 AM
Post #603

Group Icon

^^

That is another worry for me. Who is the alternative in the 4-3-1-2 if R80 should get injured? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

Btw..something from the official site.

ROCCO CRIMI: "Italian teams depend mostly on tv rights"

MILAN - "Real Madrid are the club who earn the most money in Europe. In 2007 they earned 365 million euros. Milan bring in 209, Roma 175, Inter 172 and Juventus 167. Real Madrid earn almost twice as much because of the many stadiums and the merchandising." Rocco Crimi, vice-secretary of the Delegate Council of Sports presidency, illustrated Real Madrid's financial solidity as follows: "Our teams depend mostly on tv rights, which earn Real Madrid 135 million euros. The Spanish earn 101 million euros from stadium visitors and 129 million from merchandising."

So both Roma and Milan earn more than Inter. The difference is...there's no pot of gold for the clubs besides wat they earn. But this was 2007, when Milan had CL.

Juve must be really hit on the merchandising front since Calciopoli. Poor them!

Actually I'm not too worried. I don't think Moratti can keep up his rate of investment. Maybe another 2 years max. In a way Milan's thrift is actually interesting. The sooner clubs get used to life outside of their sugar daddy's pocket the better. Because that day is coming for sure.

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Jun 16 2009, 08:19 AM
Post #604

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,660

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jun 15 2009, 11:19 PM) *
^^

That is another worry for me. Who is the alternative in the 4-3-1-2 if R80 should get injured? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

So both Roma and Milan earn more than Inter. The difference is...there's no pot of gold for the clubs besides wat they earn. But this was 2007, when Milan had CL.

Actually I'm not too worried. I don't think Moratti can keep up his rate of investment. Maybe another 2 years max. In a way Milan's thrift is actually interesting. The sooner clubs get used to life outside of their sugar daddy's pocket the better. Because that day is coming for sure.

JACKY BEAR!!!! *SMOOOOCHHHHH* (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif)

This post has been edited by Bluesummers: Jun 16 2009, 08:23 AM

+Quote Post

agenth
post Jun 16 2009, 09:06 AM
Post #605

Kaka's fangirl, and proud =]

Member No.: 2,687

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jun 16 2009, 07:19 AM) *
^^

your post made me upload the data with last season's incomes of football teams, I think Inter placed at #17 or so
here's the link: http://www.milanfan.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6928

+Quote Post

dst
post Jun 16 2009, 09:07 AM
Post #606

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

QUOTE (Stefano Di Nardo @ Jun 16 2009, 07:01 AM) *
Kaka always wavered in the past, saying he wanted to stay; he wanted to play in the EPL; he wanted to retire here; he wanted to move to Madrid one day; he wasn't interested in leaving; he would leave if the club ever changed its goals; he would stay forever and be captain; he is very happy to be at Madrid for the rest of his career.

I'm sure that all of us, when interviewed by an English or Spanish journalist, would not tell them that we like their country's championship but instead we'd tell them to get the the **** out of our face.

QUOTE (Stefano Di Nardo @ Jun 16 2009, 07:01 AM) *
A lot of us myself included don't buy his recent words that he felt he had no choice but to leave. Milan are 40 million euro in debt, or thereabouts? Premier league clubs are billions of euros in debt, Milan's debts aren't Kaka's concern, especially since we have a billionaire owner who could easily cover those deficits. Liverpool's ownership group are bleeding hundreds of millions of pounds, but you dont' see Steven Gerrard saying he wants to leave to help the club. Kaka's job was to worry about the football side of things, and on that he always wavered in whether he would stay for life or not. In the end, he opted for Madrid, a club he has long loved. I don't blame him for wanting to play for Madrid, I blame him for lying to Rossoneri fans. On Monday 1 June the line is "to the millions of Rossoneri fans, I am not leaving, case closed" and on Tuesday 8 June "i'm leaving because it's best for the club." He also admitted that the deal had been in place for some time. Bullocks, all of it.

He did not say he left because Milan are in debt, he just said that he understands the situation and why his sell would benefit the club financially.

So you're saying he should be crying right now? I think that's a selfish thought.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jun 16 2009, 09:21 AM
Post #607

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jun 16 2009, 05:32 AM) *
I absolutely appreciate the refershing change in opinion. It's been a long time since we had one, without it turning into a flaming match.

I just feel your order needs to be reversed to Berlusconi e Galliani..who are incompetent and disinterested.

I actually like Galliani. I'd prefer him a 1000 times over people like Denis Wise/Peter Kenyon/Parry.

I still think that Sheva deal was a masterstroke of business. So was Pato.

As for Berlu. I don't see too much of a difference. It's been 20 years. I don't think Roman Abramovich will be funding the club 20 years from now. Remember the 'self-sufficient' by 2014 tag for Chelsea.

When Silvio was as 'young' at Milan as Roman at Chelsea...he was still splurging. I think it's a business thing. You pump in money for only so long, before you expect returns.

Madrid is a little different. It's an institution in itself with superb credit rating.

Let's not forget in Italy, the laws are different. Clubs can only run with a certain percentage in debt, not more. To my understanding, this law does not exist in Spain or England.

I agree with you that Galliani does take the brunt of it, when it's mostly Silvio that's making the decisions. This is what really gets to me, when things are going bad you'll see Galliani coming out to face the music, but when its a moment to celebrate, you'll see Berlu coming out with his stretched face simling at the cameras. I'm just basically sick of it. If he does not want to invest then he should let it go. It's not justified to think that he will expect returns out of Milan, this is not a cookie factory. Football is not a profitable business, unless you're Real. Billionaires buy football clubs as toys to splurge on, Berlu used Milan as a political gimmick and it worked for him and we benefited with him. But now that he's gotten all that he can out of it he's not willing to spend his money on it anymore. Milan cannot be sel sufficiant, especially not in the country and economy its in. If Berlu does not care anymore, he should do the club he claims to love a favour and sell up.

Regarding our management and how capable they are, I do think that the Pato deal was a very good one. The Sheva deal was also good, but what happened to the money that we got out of it? It was wasted on flops like Oliveira, buying a previously owned Boriello that we wanted to get rid of like the plague a couple of short months before we bought him again for 10 freaking million. Paying sky high wages to players tht either site on the bench for 99% of the season or are cr@p yet still play because Carlo likes them. That's the bad management we've been under. This is why Kaka was sold. Because of that awfully bad decisions that cost us millions upon millions.

You know I was ok with the Becks and Dinho deals, I didn't even complain about the million friendlies we played last season. I always said that it was to recover what we lost in the CL and to keep our best player. But now, its total BS, Kaka was still sold in the end. And you know what> The only reason we were not playing in the CL was the management's fault in the first place. The squad had gotten so bad and unmotivated that we coouldn't even manage to make 4th in a league were Inter were the only team with a top class squad. That's what the management did for this team.

@ Stefano Di Nardo

You can think and say what you want about Kaka, but had the club not wh@red him out to the first willing bidder then he would still be a Milan player. Kaka might have wavered during the years, but who wouldn't when your club is getting involved in calciopoli, not even managing 4th spot in the league, getting knocked out in the UEFA Cup...

But the fact of the matter is that he always stayed. At the end of the day he was always happy to wear the Milan shirt. He did really want to be captain after Paolo and had the club not betrayed him he would have been happy to refuse offers and stay.

Kaka was badly mistreated for the past 2 years, first in the whole Man City fiasco for Silvio's political boost and now being sold to Real for the money. If I were Kaka I would have left a long time ago.

And what do you expect Kaka to say now that he's a Real player? "I hate that I'm a Real player, I only came because they made me" ??? He's a Real player now, accept that, he's only going to say positive things about the club he's playing for now. If he doesn't do that, he'll get hell on earth over there in Spain where fans don't coma anymore fickle then they are, especially the Real Madrid ones.

You're exited about the future? I'm not because I'm sh!tting bricks over here, because I don't see a Brazilian CB a French LB (that people are laughing at us for getting btw) and 1 striker as enough to revive Milan from the pit they have dug themselves into. It will take much more then that. People have to look at the big picture here. Thiago is a replacement for Paolo??? Were is the replacement for Nesta? Who will be injured for another big portion of the season. Were is the replacement for Pippo who also will be injured or off form for the big portion of the season. Why do we still have a half @ssed Seedorf as a starter?? Frankly with all these things concidered, Milan are nowhere near ready to compete next season.

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Jun 16 2009, 09:40 AM
Post #608

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,660

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 16 2009, 02:21 AM) *
I agree with you that Galliani does take the brunt of it, when it's mostly Silvio that's making the decisions. This is what really gets to me, when things are going bad you'll see Galliani coming out to face the music, but when its a moment to celebrate, you'll see Berlu coming out with his stretched face simling at the cameras. I'm just basically sick of it. If he does not want to invest then he should let it go. It's not justified to think that he will expect returns out of Milan, this is not a cookie factory. Football is not a profitable business, unless you're Real. Billionaires buy football clubs as toys to splurge on, Berlu used Milan as a political gimmick and it worked for him and we benefited with him. But now that he's gotten all that he can out of it he's not willing to spend his money on it anymore. Milan cannot be sel sufficiant, especially not in the country and economy its in. If Berlu does not care anymore, he should do the club he claims to love a favour and sell up.

Regarding our management and how capable they are, I do think that the Pato deal was a very good one. The Sheva deal was also good, but what happened to the money that we got out of it? It was wasted on flops like Oliveira, buying a previously owned Boriello that we wanted to get rid of like the plague a couple of short months before we bought him again for 10 freaking million. Paying sky high wages to players tht either site on the bench for 99% of the season or are cr@p yet still play because Carlo likes them. That's the bad management we've been under. This is why Kaka was sold. Because of that awfully bad decisions that cost us millions upon millions.

You know I was ok with the Becks and Dinho deals, I didn't even complain about the million friendlies we played last season. I always said that it was to recover what we lost in the CL and to keep our best player. But now, its total BS, Kaka was still sold in the end. And you know what> The only reason we were not playing in the CL was the management's fault in the first place. The squad had gotten so bad and unmotivated that we coouldn't even manage to make 4th in a league were Inter were the only team with a top class squad. That's what the management did for this team.

@ Stefano Di Nardo

You can think and say what you want about Kaka, but had the club not wh@red him out to the first willing bidder then he would still be a Milan player. Kaka might have wavered during the years, but who wouldn't when your club is getting involved in calciopoli, not even managing 4th spot in the league, getting knocked out in the UEFA Cup...

But the fact of the matter is that he always stayed. At the end of the day he was always happy to wear the Milan shirt. He did really want to be captain after Paolo and had the club not betrayed him he would have been happy to refuse offers and stay.

Kaka was badly mistreated for the past 2 years, first in the whole Man City fiasco for Silvio's political boost and now being sold to Real for the money. If I were Kaka I would have left a long time ago.

And what do you expect Kaka to say now that he's a Real player? "I hate that I'm a Real player, I only came because they made me" ??? He's a Real player now, accept that, he's only going to say positive things about the club he's playing for now. If he doesn't do that, he'll get hell on earth over there in Spain where fans don't coma anymore fickle then they are, especially the Real Madrid ones.

You're exited about the future? I'm not because I'm sh!tting bricks over here, because I don't see a Brazilian CB a French LB (that people are laughing at us for getting btw) and 1 striker as enough to revive Milan from the pit they have dug themselves into. It will take much more then that. People have to look at the big picture here. Thiago is a replacement for Paolo??? Were is the replacement for Nesta? Who will be injured for another big portion of the season. Were is the replacement for Pippo who also will be injured or off form for the big portion of the season. Why do we still have a half @ssed Seedorf as a starter?? Frankly with all these things concidered, Milan are nowhere near ready to compete next season.

world class post. + unlimited.

+Quote Post

Habitant
post Jun 16 2009, 04:13 PM
Post #609

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 3,763

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 16 2009, 08:21 AM) *

@ Stefano Di Nardo

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/king.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/king.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/panicsmiley2.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beersmiley1.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beersmiley1.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/budhug.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drunksmilef.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/droolsmiley.gif)

+Quote Post

I_Rossoneri
post Jun 16 2009, 10:42 PM
Post #610

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 558

QUOTE (MizNelson @ Jun 15 2009, 10:59 PM) *
Don't talk about Seedorf that way. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Seedorf is slowdorf while Dida is Dodo (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

2 players who should be long gone but are still screwing the club with poor performances and high salaries, getting rid of players like this is the way forward (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

Guest_Suhail 3_*
post Jun 16 2009, 11:56 PM
Post #611

Guests

QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Jun 16 2009, 10:42 PM) *
Seedorf is slowdorf while Dida is Dodo (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

2 players who should be long gone but are still screwing the club with poor performances and high salaries, getting rid of players like this is the way forward (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

i second this _ seedorf just doesnt know when to call it quits _ hes relatively useless nowadays and should just go home and retire with ajax or psv _ we could get some million for him 4-5 ? im hoping

DIDA ? no comment (hes outta the question id throw him off a cliff if i was paid half a million)

+Quote Post

MizNelson
post Jun 18 2009, 07:39 PM
Post #612

Dida per sempre

Member No.: 3,563

QUOTE (Suhail 3 @ Jun 16 2009, 03:56 PM) *
DIDA ? no comment (hes outta the question id throw him off a cliff if i was paid half a million)

Did you even watch him at all this past season? Get a clue, for God's sake.

+Quote Post

I_Rossoneri
post Jun 18 2009, 10:53 PM
Post #613

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 558

QUOTE (MizNelson @ Jun 18 2009, 07:39 PM) *
Did you even watch him at all this past season? Get a clue, for God's sake.

I watched him this season and I cringe every time a cross comes near him. I would like to think we could sell him but there's no-one around gullible enough to sign him.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jun 18 2009, 10:55 PM
Post #614

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Jun 18 2009, 10:53 PM) *
I watched him this season and I cringe every time a cross comes near him. I would like to think we could sell him but there's no-one around gullible enough to sign him.

Mike Ashley and Newcastle exist.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Jun 19 2009, 05:32 AM
Post #615

Group Icon

F U. Mike Ashley is a blip. Newcastle shall prevail.

+Quote Post

43 Pages V  « < 39 40 41 42 43 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 09:05 PM