Bleehh
post Jan 8 2006, 10:51 PM
Post #1

Pulcini 97

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 982

CARLO ANCELOTTI PRESS CONFERENCE
1/7/2006 1:18:00 PM
MILANELLO - Here is what Carlo Ancelotti had to say on the eve of the Parma game at the San Siro: ’Parma is my city and the team I follow and because I still live there. I know what it is like very well. Parma have had some problems and the team has been rebuilt but recently they have been finding some consistency and will want to start the year well but so do we. Parma have some excellent individuals even if they have lost a player who scored 24 goals. Corradi is an excellent striker but problably they lost something when Gilardino left. We are in a relaxed mood after the break and there is a lot of enthusiasm about the club. As for Vieri, it’s very simple. We don’t want to off-load him, Vieri is an important player for us. He’s in good shape, he hasn’t played a lot but that’s done to the circumstances regarding other players. I would be very pleased if he remained, if he did want to move on then the only problem is when he decides to try another experience. I can’t guarantee any player the possibility to play a lot, however, with all the games we have coming up he can come in handy. I can only talk about now and Vieri has behaved like an excellent professional.’

On Palermo-Juve: ’Those chasing must always believe that something will happen, Juve can win but in football that doesn’t always happen. I think Juve can be caught. It’s up to us, our desire to believe but also something has to happen to them. Up until now Juve haven’t been taken down, they have been impressive and this slightly dilutes Inter and Milan’s excellent season. Inter are solid and will battle to the end, which is the difference from other seasons. There are four sides battling for the title. Fiorentina have the advantage of no midweek games which will count when the Champions League returns.’

On Kaladze, Ancelotti said: ’He’s always important for us, he’s been through some difficult moments because he didn’t manage not playing consistently in the best way. Now he is relaxed, he’s dealing with central defence well and at his age he represents the future of Milan.’
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:43 AM