26 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Champions League - Matchday 1 - Barcelona - Milan, Date: 13/09/11 Time: 20:45 CET

han2503
post Sep 9 2011, 10:20 PM
Post #1

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

I know people have been dieing to talk about this, which is why I didn't open it ahead of the Lazio thread since we'd camp here most likely (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I'm not optimistic and I'l consider a draw like a win. The defence today showed some major vulnerabilities, if we have to play Antonini at LB once again then I wouldn't exclude a mauling (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Allegri picking Ambro for the midfield is worrying and Im 99.9% sure that this will be the case. Seedorf will most likely take Aquilani's spot, even if I thnk Aqui deserves his spot, even just for his amazing corners, I mean when was the last time we scored off one of those??

So my team would be

Abate--Nesta--Thiago--Zambro
Nocerino--VB--See/Aqui
Boateng
Ibra--Pato

I'd prefer it if Boateng was moved back on the left, but I don't think there's the slightest chance of seeing that one happen

What Allegri will pick (cue a million (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) here)

Abate--Nesta--Thiago--Zambro
Ambro--VB--Seedorf
Boateng
Ibra--Pato

Don't know if Zambro will be fit but I'm seriously on my knees praying for it, we simply cannot go into it with Antonini playing there, play Yepes and make him stay back if you have to but please, no Antonini against Messi & Co. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

acid911
post Sep 9 2011, 10:30 PM
Post #2

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,736

It begins, then. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy.gif) Let's go and teach those guys a lesson. Pato, Silva and Ibra have to be at their absolute best!

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 9 2011, 10:34 PM
Post #3

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (acid911 @ Sep 9 2011, 10:30 PM) *
It begins, then. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy.gif) Let's go and teach those guys a lesson. Pato, Silva and Ibra have to be at their absolute best!

Nesta as well, he's starting out rather shakily, but I think I remember the same thing from him last season.

This Barca game couldn't have come at a worse time.

Our midfield is still not in order, the defence is a bit shaky and we're still adjusting after all the setbacks in preseason with the strike and injuries to key players and international break

+Quote Post

acid911
post Sep 9 2011, 10:41 PM
Post #4

Berretti

Member No.: 3,736

Agreed. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) I thought Nesta did rather well today, some shakey wakey like you said, but he overcame it all by the end. That sure-fire goal that he saved was epic, as was his usual partnership with Silva. I think we are well covered in the CB department, and can pretty much stuff it up to Barcelona if they come from the center.

Now the flanks are another thing entirely, and I would prefer both our full backs to prowl in our half most of the time.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Sep 10 2011, 05:02 AM
Post #5

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

Which would be a problem. I saw the Lazio match. How narrow we were was something that had to be seen to be believed.

It was senseless. Narrow midfield with just one creative mid??!! WTF were we trying to do?? You can't pass with that midfield...and yet you keep it narrow.

Poor Ambro had to switch play all the while... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Sep 10 2011, 09:23 AM
Post #6

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,660

My team:

Abbiati

-Abate-nesta-Silva-zambro

---------van bommel--------
----boateng---ambrosini--aquilani--

--------------Ibra---Cassano--------------

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 10 2011, 10:23 AM
Post #7

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Sep 10 2011, 08:23 AM) *
My team:

Abbiati

-Abate-nesta-Silva-zambro

---------van bommel--------
----boateng---ambrosini--aquilani--

--------------Ibra---Cassano--------------

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Ambro behind the strikers blue? Really? I'd rather pull my hair out one by one. Ambro shouldn't be on the field, full stop.

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Sep 10 2011, 10:36 AM
Post #8

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 10 2011, 03:23 AM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Ambro behind the strikers blue? Really? I'd rather pull my hair out one by one. Ambro shouldn't be on the field, full stop.

no am,

1 dmf , 3 cmf.

We won't be creating anythign anyways as we won't have possession. We don't need an am.

We have to defend against barcelona.

This post has been edited by Bluesummers: Sep 10 2011, 10:37 AM

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 10 2011, 10:43 AM
Post #9

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Sep 10 2011, 09:36 AM) *
no am,

1 dmf , 3 cmf.

We won't be creating anythign anyways as we won't have possession. We don't need an am.

We have to defend against barcelona.

I'd rather we gave Nocerino a chance, and Ambro is barely a DM anymore, let alone able to cut it as CM. And trying to defend for our live will only get us hammered.

I'd rather stick to our system

VB covering the center, Nocerino doing the running and unsettling guys live Xavi and Iniesta, Seedorf using the limited posession we have wisely. Boateng will most likely have to drop off a lot and help out the midfield 3. What we need to do is stay compact, going out there with a Mourinho mentality of trying to kick them off the ball won't work

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Sep 10 2011, 10:47 AM
Post #10

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 10 2011, 03:43 AM) *
I'd rather we gave Nocerino a chance, and Ambro is barely a DM anymore, let alone able to cut it as CM. And trying to defend for our live will only get us hammered.

I'd rather stick to our system

VB covering the center, Nocerino doing the running and unsettling guys live Xavi and Iniesta, Seedorf using the limited posession we have wisely. Boateng will most likely have to drop off a lot and help out the midfield 3. What we need to do is stay compact, going out there with a Mourinho mentality of trying to kick them off the ball won't work

You'd stick a guy who came from palermo with no CL experience against a team like barca? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) you must be joking?

Ambro has experience and if anything this is the game to be playing guys like van bommel, ambro, seedorf. Players who won't sh*t their pants when they see messi on the fieeld.

Our system won't work, we need guys who will cover our most dangerous area, the top of the 18 yard box. We need to play them like Shaktar did, defend as a unit and wait until they start pushing their CB's up and then we win the ball and counter.

Only way. If we go and attack them, it'll be 4-0 at least.

This post has been edited by Bluesummers: Sep 10 2011, 10:48 AM

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 10 2011, 11:36 AM
Post #11

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Sep 10 2011, 10:47 AM) *
You'd stick a guy who came from palermo with no CL experience against a team like barca? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) you must be joking?

Ambro has experience and if anything this is the game to be playing guys like van bommel, ambro, seedorf. Players who won't sh*t their pants when they see messi on the fieeld.

Our system won't work, we need guys who will cover our most dangerous area, the top of the 18 yard box. We need to play them like Shaktar did, defend as a unit and wait until they start pushing their CB's up and then we win the ball and counter.

Only way. If we go and attack them, it'll be 4-0 at least.

You'd want Ambro? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

The man can barely keep up against Lazio. He was invisable yesterday, he was supposed to be covering the defence, but until VB came on it was like we were playing without anyone there, and you want him trying to cover Iniesta and to track Messi?

Nocerino might be coming from a small steam, but he's a full International and plaed for Italy against Spain as well. He's no rookie we plucked out of Serie B. At this point I'd trust him more then Ambro and Rino combined. But, we'll most likely see your theory come to play since Allegri will play Ambro over Nocerino, can't wait to see everybody shouting and cursing at him here...

And playing a completely different system which players are unfamiliar with will? How will a 4-2-3-1 with 5 CMs work exactly? We need to stick with what works and what the players are comfortable with, we need both Zlatan and Pato there because they give us 2 different outlets we can use.

We don't play a pure AM, Boateng will mostly make it a 4 man midfield when we're defending, which will be most of the time. Everyone will work hard to cover the spaces, making sure to track their runners. Trying to defend for everything we're worth is more then likely to result in a loss. Simply because we won't be able to handle that pressure, especially if we have Antonini on the left.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Sep 10 2011, 11:51 AM
Post #12

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,730

After the Lazio result, if we manage even a draw on Tuesday night I'll be stunned.

I expect us to qualify from the group but to seriously struggle in both Catalan matches.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 10 2011, 11:56 AM
Post #13

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Danny @ Sep 10 2011, 10:51 AM) *
After the Lazio result, if we manage even a draw on Tuesday night I'll be stunned.

I expect us to qualify from the group but to seriously struggle in both Catalan matches.

I'll take the draw as a win.

Against Lazio we mostly missed VB and a solid LB.

Apparently Zambro was left out as a precaution, as well as Seedorf and Robs. So we should be able to recover those 3 and start with VB and Seedorf.

Not that I wasn't happy with Aquilani, he practically made both goals himself, but he's still too green for Barca, he's not completely familiar with the system and what is required of him. Nocerino on the other hand is basically doing the same thing he did at Palermo, which is why he slotted in so easily.

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Sep 10 2011, 12:34 PM
Post #14

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,786

I'd like to see us playing like this against Barcelona :
Abbiati
Abate - Nesta/Yepes - Silva - Zambrotta
Nocerino - Van Bommel - Boateng
Aquilani
Pato - Ibrahimovic

Robinho , Cassano and Seedorf substituting Aquilani, Pato and Van Bommel

EDIT: Just read that Taiwo is ready for the game, so if it's true, he should start.

This post has been edited by d'Arc.LP: Sep 10 2011, 12:35 PM

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 10 2011, 12:40 PM
Post #15

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Sep 10 2011, 11:34 AM) *
I'd like to see us playing like this against Barcelona :
Abbiati
Abate - Nesta/Yepes - Silva - Zambrotta
Nocerino - Van Bommel - Boateng
Aquilani
Pato - Ibrahimovic

Robinho , Cassano and Seedorf substituting Aquilani, Pato and Van Bommel

EDIT: Just read that Taiwo is ready for the game, so if it's true, he should start.

Please no Yepes for this one. Yes Nesta had a shaky start but he recovered greatly in the second half and was flawless after a shaky mistake or two in the first.

Personally I'd prefer Zambro starting, I'm not 100% sold on Taiwo yet in terms of his defending.

I agree with you entire midfield and attack, I'd rather see Boateng in the 3 man midfield, but Allegri will most likely choose Seedorf and Ambro instead of the Nocerino and Aquilani

+Quote Post

26 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 03:04 PM