> Winter Transfers 2016

X-Offender
post Jan 12 2016, 04:09 PM
Post #46

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jan 12 2016, 01:03 PM) *
You would? Half of the mentioned players are crappy unreliable finishers while the other half (Menez and Balo) have more then one issue and are still listed as injured.

Also, how much did we pay Bacca? No, if we wanna move forward, selling the only man who stands out this season isn't the right move.

IMO Bona is the only player that stands out. Bacca has had his ups and downs. I don't think he's that much better than Adriano on the finishing department. If we could sign a world class right winger, with Bona and Menez back Adriano would be more than fine as CF.

PS: We paid 30 million for Bacca (Euros).
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Jan 12 2016, 06:28 PM
Post #47

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

Hmh. Diametrical opposite views we have, it seems.

Bonaventura, I'd say he's the one with ups and downs this season. I think he's okay, but to be a real good and competitive team we need more, we need better. You see, I think Bacca is much better then Adriano; Adriano comes in the same league with the various Pazzinis and Matris - a striker who runs around, does all sorts of things, but is unreliable and invisible. Bacca has that fine touch we've lacked for years. He's still rough on his edges and could potentially become better. But the difference is, Bacca would flourish with the right midfield composition, which we lack (creative department).

Whereas Bonaventura has the best possible cards, I don't think there's much improvement left for him. He has a very good defensive midfielder line with Monto, NdJ and even Kucka or Poli and a very potent attack. Get what I mean?

But on top of it: I've lost any faith in Milans transactions. You guys think that if we sell Bacca for just 10 million Euros then we signed him in the first place we'll actually get somewhere? Reinvest the money? Find another target? Oh come on, for Christ sake. It's not that big of a difference, 10 million in or out. While at the same time we lose a very good player.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jan 13 2016, 12:05 PM
Post #48

I agree with you about Bacca being an overall better player than Adriano. I was mostly talking about their finishing. Bacca should have had a few more goals this season due to various goals he's missed. But nevertheless, I'll give it to you here.

Bona, however, I don't agree. He's vastly improved from last season, and is by far our best player. He might not reach higher levels in the future, but considering he's about the only shining star of a decrepit Milan, with a better team he would be devastating, in my opinion.

Anyway, more news:

- Adriano will be sold for €14 million to a Chinese side.
- United apparently are ready to offer €40 million for Donnarumma.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jan 13 2016, 08:58 PM
Post #49

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

Now I seriously do believe that you guys are crossing the line into fantasy land when you say you think Donna and Lopez are equally good! I mean come on FFS!

They're worlds apart. Not even comparable

QUOTE (maldini03 @ Jan 12 2016, 12:25 AM) *
I agree that they were equal, for me Donna is a much better keeper on the ball which helps out the defense. Plus to me Lopez was on and off. It seemed one game he was the worlds best while the next he was very average. Compound this with his endless frustration for the situation, I'll take Donna.

Now this is the pat I have the most issue with because I think Donna is p!ss poor on the ball and his decision making in terms of when to come out and when to stay on his line or when to play out or when to just kick away are two of his biggest issues.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jan 13 2016, 09:02 PM
Post #50

Think what you want.

+Quote Post

Forza Milan!
post Jan 13 2016, 11:40 PM
Post #51

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 12,353

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 13 2016, 01:05 PM) *
- Adriano will be sold for €14 million to a Chinese side.

Good move AFAIAC.

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 13 2016, 01:05 PM) *
- United apparently are ready to offer €40 million for Donnarumma.

If true, they have just told us how they feel about Donna vs. Lopez (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jan 13 2016, 11:46 PM
Post #52

Rumors about the money from Adriano going to finance a big move in midfield, either Witsel or Fellaini ( (IMG:style_emoticons/default/puke.gif) ).

How about a good right winger, Fester? We are playing 4-4-2 after all, and our only options are Honda and Boateng...

PS: Galliani confirmed Cerci to Genoa. He also said SES might stay...

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jan 13 2016, 11:48 PM
Post #53

Remember when SES was supposed to be the next big thing? Us refusing €30 million from Anzhi etc. Now no-one wants him. Monaco sent him back, we don't wanna keep him...

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Jan 14 2016, 11:05 AM
Post #54

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

Well, that's how things go. Nevertheless, I'd rather we've signed a few more SES-like talents then the various Matri's and Pazzini's we had in our team.

+Quote Post

milanbuf88
post Jan 14 2016, 11:58 AM
Post #55

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,674

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 13 2016, 04:58 PM) *
Now I seriously do believe that you guys are crossing the line into fantasy land when you say you think Donna and Lopez are equally good! I mean come on FFS!

They're worlds apart. Not even comparable

Now this is the pat I have the most issue with because I think Donna is p!ss poor on the ball and his decision making in terms of when to come out and when to stay on his line or when to play out or when to just kick away are two of his biggest issues.

Han, your assessment is simply way off. He's a 16 year old keeper who is 6'5", confident on the ball (though he does give me minor heart attacks from time to time), a good shot stopper, and he hasn't made any major error in 11 starts. He's even made big saves to keep us in games. He's the real deal. If you think he's piss poor with the ball how would you categorize Lopez and Abbiati? Abbiati used to make at least one major give away a game with the ball at his feet and Lopez is incapable of more than booting it up the field which often leads to a loss of possession. I agree that he needs to work on his decision making. That's not an indictment of him a player though. He's demonstrated that he's remarkably quick on his feet for his size and he's been able to recover when he makes a mistake. I'm sure the coaches have noticed the same thing and are working on it with him.

+Quote Post

CrazyMilanFan
post Jan 14 2016, 12:24 PM
Post #56

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 3,873

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jan 14 2016, 12:05 PM) *
Well, that's how things go. Nevertheless, I'd rather we've signed a few more SES-like talents then the various Matri's and Pazzini's we had in our team.

agreed.. There was always some chance that one of such player could have been great or better, but the deadwood hiring policy has been shambolic

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jan 14 2016, 08:47 PM
Post #57

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ Jan 13 2016, 11:40 PM) *
Good move AFAIAC.

If true, they have just told us how they feel about Donna vs. Lopez (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Don't think that should be any indication.

Donna is young, Italian and obviously talented. United have money to burn over nothing.

Still think that Lopez, right now is by far the better keeper and I'm stressing the now in this sentence.

I do admit that I have come to see that he has talent, and I had previously said that I don't really see anything special in him. He has done decently so far. With only a handful of errors which lead to goals. But aside from that, this has never been the point of my argument. Which has always been about having a keeper with a wealth of talent and experience, sitting on the bench while we're trusting a completely green and inexperienced 16 year old to play, who I do admit now, has talent but is no where near Lopez.

And at this point in time I do not understand taking this risk and not playing our best players at all times (in the league), especially when we have so many issues within the side especially in central defence and midfield

QUOTE (milanbuf88 @ Jan 14 2016, 11:58 AM) *
Han, your assessment is simply way off. He's a 16 year old keeper who is 6'5", confident on the ball (though he does give me minor heart attacks from time to time), a good shot stopper, and he hasn't made any major error in 11 starts. He's even made big saves to keep us in games. He's the real deal. If you think he's piss poor with the ball how would you categorize Lopez and Abbiati? Abbiati used to make at least one major give away a game with the ball at his feet and Lopez is incapable of more than booting it up the field which often leads to a loss of possession. I agree that he needs to work on his decision making. That's not an indictment of him a player though. He's demonstrated that he's remarkably quick on his feet for his size and he's been able to recover when he makes a mistake. I'm sure the coaches have noticed the same thing and are working on it with him.

Disagree about Lopes and his distribution, I personally think he's pretty good when it comes to playing it out. Abbiati I agree he's a total liability in that area.

Donna has had several moments where he's tried to overplay the ball and nearly ended up complete red faced because of this, against Roma he sent it into touch straight from a kick out about 4 or 5 times. But his distribution isn't really my issues with him, it's more about his decision making in terms of coming off or staying on his line and that's what really worried me. So far his mistakes in this area haven't really been punished, but I worry about when they do, because these are the kinds of errors that really do send his confidence at rock bottom

As I said above, this is not about his talent or potential, which I do now admit that he has, it's about not playing someone who at this point in time is the better option to be playing for this team. Simple as that really

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jan 14 2016, 10:22 PM
Post #58

Rumors about El Ghazi (20, right-winger, Ajax) but we have to accommodate SES and Cerci first.

+Quote Post

Forza Milan!
post Jan 15 2016, 11:20 PM
Post #59

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 12,353

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 14 2016, 09:47 PM) *
Don't think that should be any indication.

Donna is young, Italian and obviously talented. United have money to burn over nothing.

Still think that Lopez, right now is by far the better keeper and I'm stressing the now in this sentence.

I do admit that I have come to see that he has talent, and I had previously said that I don't really see anything special in him. He has done decently so far. With only a handful of errors which lead to goals. But aside from that, this has never been the point of my argument. Which has always been about having a keeper with a wealth of talent and experience, sitting on the bench while we're trusting a completely green and inexperienced 16 year old to play, who I do admit now, has talent but is no where near Lopez.

And at this point in time I do not understand taking this risk and not playing our best players at all times (in the league), especially when we have so many issues within the side especially in central defence and midfield

Disagree about Lopes and his distribution, I personally think he's pretty good when it comes to playing it out. Abbiati I agree he's a total liability in that area.

Donna has had several moments where he's tried to overplay the ball and nearly ended up complete red faced because of this, against Roma he sent it into touch straight from a kick out about 4 or 5 times. But his distribution isn't really my issues with him, it's more about his decision making in terms of coming off or staying on his line and that's what really worried me. So far his mistakes in this area haven't really been punished, but I worry about when they do, because these are the kinds of errors that really do send his confidence at rock bottom

As I said above, this is not about his talent or potential, which I do now admit that he has, it's about not playing someone who at this point in time is the better option to be playing for this team. Simple as that really

IMHO for someone that young he is very good, and (more important) he is good enough to play for us. Keepers improve with age, I am sure the coaching staff will help him through his "rough edges".

Also it is good to see us giving space to our younger talent (if anything, we should be doing more of it).

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jan 16 2016, 09:49 AM
Post #60

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ Jan 15 2016, 11:20 PM) *
IMHO for someone that young he is very good, and (more important) he is good enough to play for us. Keepers improve with age, I am sure the coaching staff will help him through his "rough edges".

Also it is good to see us giving space to our younger talent (if anything, we should be doing more of it).

The talent has always been questionable though

Do you remember the outcry to play Di Gennaro? Merkel? Cristante? And the even bigger meltdown when we sold Cristante and got actual cash for him instead of sending him on an endless cycle of loan deals? There really hasn't been a true talent to come out of the primavera in years. De Sciglio and Abate are both good players imo, and they're the only 2 to have made it as first team fixtures in over 20+ years if I'm not mistaken

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:28 AM