Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dida’s Wages Preventing Milan Sale

misha
post Jul 31 2008, 07:59 PM
Post #1

Allievi Regionali B

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 787

According to reports in Italy, Milan are absolutely desperate to sell Nelson Dida, but are finding it an impossible task due to the goalkeeper’s astronomical wages.

Dida’s 2007/08 season with the Rossoneri was nothing short of disastrous, and there have been constant reports in the press that he will be sold this summer.

The first half of the Brazilian’s campaign was ridden with errors, including a costly one in the Milan derby before Christmas. The 34-year-old eventually lost his place to Zeljko Kalac in January, and did not feature again for the remainder of the campaign.

This coming campaign, Dida looks likely to be third choice goalkeeper behind Kalac and the returning Christian Abbiati.

With this in mind, it is being reported in Italy that Milan have no space for the 34-year-old and are absolutely desperate to offload him from their wage bill.

Unfortunately, the club are finding it impossible to find a buyer because Dida currently earns an astronomical €4.5m a season, with his contract at San Siro running until 2010.

If the Rossoneri were to release Dida on a free transfer it could cost them a small fortune in compensation. Thus Milan find themselves in a sticky situation over what exactly to do with the former Cruzeiro man.

Roberto Rossi

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

CrazyMilanFan
post Jul 31 2008, 08:04 PM
Post #2

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3,873

Hmmm are we still looking to sell him didnt see that happening

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Jul 31 2008, 08:09 PM
Post #3

Token Girl
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2,800

Yeah, the 'Milan wants to sell Dida' rumor's starting up again -- the only real source I've found for this iteration is that Abbiati did rather well against the cugini. No quotes attributed to anyone related to Milan or Dida. That said, it woudn't surprise me if this turned out to be...rather accurate.

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Jul 31 2008, 08:12 PM
Post #4

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

€4.5m ((IMG:http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/innocentsmily.gif) ) is an awful lot for someone who doesn't play/get a chance to play...

+Quote Post

Habitant
post Jul 31 2008, 08:17 PM
Post #5

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 3,763

we should pay a portion of his salary, say 40-50% of it depending on who we sell too. it's better than wsting 4.5m.

+Quote Post

MizNelson
post Jul 31 2008, 10:06 PM
Post #6

Dida per sempre

Member No.: 3,563

Yeah, they're going to sell Dida based on 45 minutes from Abbiati a few nights ago after two so-so seasons abroad. Makes a whole lotta sense.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jul 31 2008, 10:27 PM
Post #7

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Jul 31 2008, 08:12 PM) *
€4.5m ((IMG:http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/innocentsmily.gif) ) is an awful lot for someone who doesn't play/get a chance to play...

Yep, and Galliani has enough balls to come out and complain about money when we are paying these ridiculous ammounts to players who do nothing. Brocchi also gets paid a good ammount, his wage is equivelant to Ronaldinho's

Fact is, Galliani shouldn't have extended his contract, especially when Dida was already in rapid decline

QUOTE (MizNelson @ Jul 31 2008, 10:06 PM) *
Yeah, they're going to sell Dida based on 45 minutes from Abbiati a few nights ago after two so-so seasons abroad. Makes a whole lotta sense.

It's not the 45 minutes in the TIM Cup, it's 3 years of him costing us games. Look, I like Dida as much as the next guy, I even at one point compared him to Buffon and needed to take some time to decide who was the better of the two. But fact is Dida is not good enough anymore, he was given more then enough chances to re-deem himself but he hasn't taken them. And it wouldn't be such a problem having him at Milan on the bench as a back up in fact it would be good to have a keeper like Dida as second choice but his wages are too huge for Milan to continue to allow him to stay with us while he stays on the bench. If he had a resonable wage then it would be ok, but it is not logical for Milan to keep him with this type of wage, especially when it has come to the extent were he has become a liabilaty to the team.

+Quote Post

dst
post Jul 31 2008, 10:31 PM
Post #8

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

Turn down Buffon and spend E4.5m on Buffon. Now that's a wise decision!

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jul 31 2008, 10:54 PM
Post #9

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

4.5m a year, this can't be true, surely.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jul 31 2008, 11:04 PM
Post #10

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jul 31 2008, 09:54 PM) *

It might not be really accurate but I'm willing to bet it's somewhere along those lines ie astronomical for a keeper who's not even worth it anymore.

Don't you remember that big drama about whether or not Dida would sign on for a new contract and how after he did sign on Galliani kept patting himself on the back about it? (IMG:http://www.pic4ever.com/images/4fvgdaq_th.gif)

+Quote Post

whoarethepatriot...
post Jul 31 2008, 11:24 PM
Post #11

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 782

Handing Dida that massive contract was a mistake, i am certain Dida would have left us (when his contract was running out) if a club of similar stature offered him a contract. Instead we stupidly gave him an equally stupid contract to concede goals, look like a fool and humiliate us infront of Italy and Europe. He does all this and earns a fortune, for what? warm the bench? get injured on the bench (which is so ludicrous that only Dida could accomplish this)

To me we lost Dida when he got hit by that flare, the two seasons prior to that i considedered him one of the top three goalkeepers in the world. Only Buffon was superior to him. There must be a way to force that fool out of the club. I find it unacceptable that Gila left but Dida stayed

I take no pride in attacking an AC Milan player like this but he should have been sold at the end of the 2005/2006 season or the begining of the 2006/2007 season.

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jul 31 2008, 09:54 PM) *

I am not sure how many euros it is, but he earns more than 3 million pounds a year (damn the lack of pound sign on an American keyboard!)

This post has been edited by whoarethepatriots: Jul 31 2008, 11:25 PM

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Jul 31 2008, 11:34 PM
Post #12

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (whoarethepatriots @ Aug 1 2008, 01:24 AM) *
Handing Dida that massive contract was a mistake, i am certain Dida would have left us (when his contract was running out) if a club of similar stature offered him a contract. Instead we stupidly gave him an equally stupid contract to concede goals, look like a fool and humiliate us infront of Italy and Europe. He does all this and earns a fortune, for what? warm the bench? get injured on the bench (which is so ludicrous that only Dida could accomplish this)

Although I agree with you guys that 4MM/season is a whole lot of money. But please remember that he signed that contract right before the United match back in 2007. That was when Galliani was parading it around in the media.

Fact still remains that this is Milan, and this is not new, Milan has always kept it's Champions .. And although Dida has not step up in a looong time, he remains the Dida that outdid Buffon on that night in Manchester, when he lifted our heads high! He gave Milan 3 years of his best and in those 3 years Milan won a CL and Serie A title, not forgetting that horrendous night in Istanbul.

Does he deserve this contract NOW, no. Did he deserve this contract for what he has done for this club, yes.

On Topic: @ MizNelson, I think he will make a comeback this season. I am looking forward to the match tomorrow against Sevilla. Many who saw the Goal4Africa match gave two thumbs up to Dida ... So I doubt he will be leaving, on the contrary I think he will make a strong comeback.

+Quote Post

Habitant
post Jul 31 2008, 11:37 PM
Post #13

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 3,763

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jul 31 2008, 10:34 PM) *
Although I agree with you guys that 4MM/season is a whole lot of money. But please remember that he signed that contract right before the United match back in 2007. That was when Galliani was parading it around in the media.

Fact still remains that this is Milan, and this is not new, Milan has always kept it's Champions .. And although Dida has not step up in a looong time, he remains the Dida that outdid Buffon on that night in Manchester, when he lifted our heads high! He gave Milan 3 years of his best and in those 3 years Milan won a CL and Serie A title, not forgetting that horrendous night in Istanbul.

Does he deserve this contract NOW, no. Did he deserve this contract for what he has done for this club, yes.

On Topic: @ MizNelson, I think he will make a comeback this season. I am looking forward to the match tomorrow against Sevilla. Many who saw the Goal4Africa match gave two thumbs up to Dida ... So I doubt he will be leaving, on the contrary I think he will make a strong comeback.

wrong

+Quote Post

acid911
post Jul 31 2008, 11:50 PM
Post #14

Berretti

Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (Habitant @ Aug 1 2008, 03:37 AM) *
wrong

Okay. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) It's your opinion.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 1 2008, 12:06 AM
Post #15

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jul 31 2008, 11:34 PM) *

He didn't desrve a contract then either, and especially for the ridiculous wage. And saying that is Milan won't make the situation better. Because Milan might keep guys around just for sentimental reasons only but if that were the case then he wouldn't be getting the ammount he's getting.

Fact is Galliani ******(sry Tennie remove this later for me pls (IMG:style_emoticons/default/friends.gif) ) up big time on the Dida sitaution. He only gave Dida a new one because it would save him having to go out on the market for a top class keeper while blidly hoping that Dida would regain some of his old form back. But it back fired big time on him. And not only does it give him further reasons no to buy a new keeper but it also requires Milan to keep throwing away money on a player who is probably only going to play a handful of games next season if that.

This whole thing with keeping players for sentimental reasons and not for the good of the team is ultimately coming back to bite Milan in the ***, and Galliani will never admit it but we all can see what's happening and what has been happening because of this very reason for the last 3 years.

Naughty words removed, per han's request.

This post has been edited by Tennie: Aug 1 2008, 12:09 AM

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:43 AM