> Summer business - happy?

Jack Sparrow
post Jul 14 2017, 10:29 PM
Post #61

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,865

I heard (for Belotti) 40 MM + Paletta + Niang, which I think would take the figure to around the 60 MM mark. They'd probably ask for another 20 MM in cash from us.

I've heard Aubameyang is very close to Chelsea.

I'm not sure if Morata is back in the running. But just in general, I think an outlay of more than 30 MM at the moment is a huge gamble. All our sales if we get the kind of price we're hoping for, wouldn't get us more than 70MM back right?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Jul 14 2017, 10:35 PM
Post #62

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,786

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jul 15 2017, 12:29 AM) *
I heard (for Belotti) 40 MM + Paletta + Niang, which I think would take the figure to around the 60 MM mark. They'd probably ask for another 20 MM in cash from us.

I'm not sure if Morata is back in the running. But just in general, I think an outlay of more than 30 MM at the moment is a huge gamble. All our sales if we get the kind of price we're hoping for, wouldn't get us more than 70MM back right?

True, Ive run the numbers.

This post has been edited by d'Arc.LP: Jul 14 2017, 10:35 PM

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jul 15 2017, 07:15 AM
Post #63

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 14 2017, 09:20 PM) *
LAWL. Are we deliberately hijacking that deal (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I've also heard we're back in for Morata.

Real want too much for Morata, let's not forget that he hasn't had a full season as the starter for either Real or Juve. They want nearly 100m for him which is insane. I say pass on him. Belotti or Auba will give us a better return on investment

Plus I think that Silva is very similar to Morata (style wise). While Belotti and Auba are pure goal scorers. I'd rather go for either one of them than Morata

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jul 14 2017, 10:29 PM) *

I don't think it really matters how much we earn from sales. Fassone had said that there's still a significant amount of budget for transfers left, of course we've signed Bonucci and Biglia since then, but I think they've always had in mind a big name striker for the summer, so I'm thinking they have money set aside for that. Whatever we make from sales will be re-invested in 1 or 2 squad signings.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Jul 15 2017, 09:18 AM
Post #64

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

Why do we have a parallel transfer thread opened?

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jul 15 2017, 10:12 AM
Post #65

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jul 15 2017, 09:18 AM) *

Because too many signings. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

We definitely have a budget left for the striker. Don't know how big it is, but let's not forget that we can earn around 30M from Bacca and MDS' sales.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jul 15 2017, 11:57 AM
Post #66

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

Because this one is all about HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!!!

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jul 15 2017, 12:47 PM
Post #67

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

I think this was mostly just a review of transfers done thread but has turned back to transfer rumour debate.

@ x-off, yeah, we'll definitely try to get 50 to 60m at least for the Bacca + Niang + De Sciglio sales. Atm, I'm estimating we have something along the lines of 40m left in the piggy bank. If we sell those 3 then I'm expecting a big signing in attack and one mid-level in midfield.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Mar 17 2018, 11:53 PM
Post #68

After 7 months, a quick judgement on the performances of our signings this summer:

Positive:

Calhanouglu - After a rough start, he's the one that's improved the most. A player I would rely on next season as well as starter.
Bonucci - Same as Hakan, managed to pull himself and regain his Juve form.
Kessie - I really like this guy, he has all it takes to become a top player. Experience will only improve him, just needs to keep working hard.
Rodriguez - Let's say that he's delivered as much as I was expecting from him. He's not great, but he's not bad either.

Negative:

Biglia - Wasn't that thrilled by his arrival, but he's showing huge limitations. I honestly think Montolivo can bring more to the table than him, and that says a lot.
Andre Silva - The fact that he isn't played regularly surely doesn't help, but even so he's been a big disappointment thus far, especially considering the hype and money we spent on him.
Kalinic - Terrible signing from the get-go and he's showing that.

Indifferent:

Donnarumma - For obvious reasons.
Musacchio - I wouldn't call his signing negative. I think he's a good defender. He was starting at a very difficult period for the team, but now that we've managed to pull ourselves up he hasn't played at all.
Borini - An all around versatile player but still unnecessary.
Conti - For obvious reasons.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Mar 18 2018, 05:51 PM
Post #69

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 17 2018, 11:53 PM) *
After 7 months, a quick judgement on the performances of our signings this summer:

Positive:

Calhanouglu - After a rough start, he's the one that's improved the most. A player I would rely on next season as well as starter.
Bonucci - Same as Hakan, managed to pull himself and regain his Juve form.
Kessie - I really like this guy, he has all it takes to become a top player. Experience will only improve him, just needs to keep working hard.
Rodriguez - Let's say that he's delivered as much as I was expecting from him. He's not great, but he's not bad either.

Negative:

Biglia - Wasn't that thrilled by his arrival, but he's showing huge limitations. I honestly think Montolivo can bring more to the table than him, and that says a lot.
Andre Silva - The fact that he isn't played regularly surely doesn't help, but even so he's been a big disappointment thus far, especially considering the hype and money we spent on him.
Kalinic - Terrible signing from the get-go and he's showing that.

Indifferent:

Donnarumma - For obvious reasons.
Musacchio - I wouldn't call his signing negative. I think he's a good defender. He was starting at a very difficult period for the team, but now that we've managed to pull ourselves up he hasn't played at all.
Borini - An all around versatile player but still unnecessary.
Conti - For obvious reasons.

Conti will be like a new signing next summer (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

Anyhoo, I disagree with a couple of your assessments. I'd personally put Rodriguez in the negative and Silva in the positive, I'd also put Borini in the positive (hear me out).

Silva is kicking to life for us at just the right moment, he's proving to be a clutch player right now, he's won us 6 huge points in the space of a week. He's got massive amounts of potential. The big negative with him and Cutrone is that they're both so young and lacking in experience, we really needed to buy that 20+ goal striker last summer, it would have definitely taken off a lot of pressure from them. Kalinic was a panic buy because the other options were out of our price range. I didn't think he'd be THIS bad though. We might as well should have kept Bacca and saved our selves the odd 20m or so we spent on him

As for Borini, I think he's been very important for us in terms of being that Jack of all trades and can fill any holes in the team without much fuss and adequately enough. He's played RB, RWB, LWB, RW and LW this season and it might not have been pretty but all his time on the pitch has been important. So overall a good utility signing for us. Let's hope next season we'll get better players for the bench so we have better quality when the need arises.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Mar 19 2018, 04:13 PM
Post #70

Seriously? You consider Silva's season thus far as positive because of the last two games? Come on! Who cares about his talent and potential, I'm considering contribution in this season, and thus far and he's been a huge let down. He might as well start scoring in every game now, but right now his season has been anything but positive.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Mar 19 2018, 04:19 PM
Post #71

Man, it really sucks that we haven't had a real goalscorer since Ibra's departure. No player that has scored more than 20 goals in the league. Heck, has anyone even scored more than 15 since Ibra? Look at Inter, Lazio, Juve, Napoli, Roma. They all have the Icardi, Immobile, Dybala, Mertens or Dzeko of the situation. We have none. And that holds us back A LOT! Imagine if we had one of those players, we'd be far ahead in the standings, trust me.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Mar 19 2018, 08:03 PM
Post #72

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 19 2018, 04:13 PM) *
Seriously? You consider Silva's season thus far as positive because of the last two games? Come on! Who cares about his talent and potential, I'm considering contribution in this season, and thus far and he's been a huge let down. He might as well start scoring in every game now, but right now his season has been anything but positive.

You simply have to take into account the complete lack of game time he's had this season

We're not talking about a striker who was continuously started and then dropped because he couldn't score. Aside from the EL, his minutes mostly came from sub appearances late in games. He's rarely started games in the league

You can't consider him a let down because he's simply haven't had the time to be all that disappointing on the pitch

Balotelli is available for free next summer. Who of you would take him on again? I'd personally consider it if there is no hope of getting a top notch finisher

+Quote Post

han2503
post Mar 19 2018, 08:05 PM
Post #73

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 19 2018, 04:19 PM) *
Man, it really sucks that we haven't had a real goalscorer since Ibra's departure. No player that has scored more than 20 goals in the league. Heck, has anyone even scored more than 15 since Ibra? Look at Inter, Lazio, Juve, Napoli, Roma. They all have the Icardi, Immobile, Dybala, Mertens or Dzeko of the situation. We have none. And that holds us back A LOT! Imagine if we had one of those players, we'd be far ahead in the standings, trust me.

I think our problems have been more deep rooted then simply not having a deadly finisher.

Bacca was close to getting there his first season while he was horrible last season, the problems generally tend to come from the fact that we have a very sterile midfield which doesn't create enough chances for our forwards.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Mar 19 2018, 11:24 PM
Post #74

QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 19 2018, 08:03 PM) *
You simply have to take into account the complete lack of game time he's had this season

We're not talking about a striker who was continuously started and then dropped because he couldn't score. Aside from the EL, his minutes mostly came from sub appearances late in games. He's rarely started games in the league

You can't consider him a let down because he's simply haven't had the time to be all that disappointing on the pitch

I never considered him as such. My opinion relates solely to the time he has been played, and how much he has delivered during those minutes. Be it goals, assists, performance, grit, you name it. He has shown nothing.

Surely, he's young, new league and all that stuff. But for how much he has delivered, he's been nothing but a failure. Hopefully he starts picking his form after these last two games and Gattuso starts playing him more.

QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 19 2018, 08:03 PM) *
Balotelli is available for free next summer. Who of you would take him on again? I'd personally consider it if there is no hope of getting a top notch finisher

I think I would. We can't continue playing with Kalinic and Cutrone.

QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 19 2018, 08:05 PM) *
I think our problems have been more deep rooted then simply not having a deadly finisher.

Bacca was close to getting there his first season while he was horrible last season, the problems generally tend to come from the fact that we have a very sterile midfield which doesn't create enough chances for our forwards.

I never said our problems stem from the lack of a top striker, but a top striker sure as hell would have eased things around.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Mar 20 2018, 09:20 PM
Post #75

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 19 2018, 11:24 PM) *
I never considered him as such. My opinion relates solely to the time he has been played, and how much he has delivered during those minutes. Be it goals, assists, performance, grit, you name it. He has shown nothing.

Surely, he's young, new league and all that stuff. But for how much he has delivered, he's been nothing but a failure. Hopefully he starts picking his form after these last two games and Gattuso starts playing him more.

I think I would. We can't continue playing with Kalinic and Cutrone.

I never said our problems stem from the lack of a top striker, but a top striker sure as hell would have eased things around.

But all the factors you mentioned were always going to be a hurdle for Silva to get past, add to that time to learn the language as well and it was always going to take time. Maybe the problem was that we expected too much from him because of what we paid for him

Kalinic is going to be shipped out this summer, it's inevitable at this point. We defo need someone with serious experience and capable of scoring 20+ goals next season. Cavani, Balotelli, Immobile and Belotti are the only names that spring to mind for me which are realistic for us.

Problem is, unless you have someone like Ibra, who can create stuff for himself, any striker is going to have a bit of a difficult time in this team because we tend to be too sterile and slow on the ball

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 06:48 AM