2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OFFICIAL: Rino Gattuso is the New Milan Coach, Montella out!

Jack Sparrow
post Nov 28 2017, 03:20 PM
Post #1

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,865

(IMG:https://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/dynamic/galleries/x701/213568.jpg)

Rino Gattuso leaves the Primavera team in third in the league, with 19 points, only 3 three adrift of current leaders Inter. An important which was even more important having seen the great improvements of his boys, especially in the past few weeks. Solid in defence and clinical up front, these have been the main characteristics of Ringhio's teams since the start of his coaching career. He made his debut in Switzerland, coaching FC Sion. After brief experiences at Palermo and OFI Creta, Rino restarted in Lega Pro coaching Pisa. He achieved promotion to Serie B with the Tuscan side on his first attempt (2015/2016 season) after an exciting comeback in the playoffs and ending the season with a victory over Foggia. However, the team is relegated to Lega Pro the following season with the Club also having financial issues. Then: AC Milan’s Primavera team, his return to the Club that saw him winning everything as a player.

Gattuso made 468 appearances and scored 11 goals for the Rossoneri. Thirteen seasons full of trophies (10) and satisfactions: two Champions League cups, one Club World Cup, two UEFA Super Cups, two Serie A titles, two Italian Super Cups and one Coppa Italia. The 'big call' has now arrived and it's a big challenge: turn AC Milan’s season around, starting immediately against Benevento. It won’t be easy but now more than ever, #weareateam.

Tidbits from the press conference

- 3 Man Defence and 4 man midfield.
- Bonucci still Captain
- Experiment with Suso because he's convinced Suso is more than 'just a winger'

My favourite quotes are:

"I said to the team to not be offended if I say a few particular words and not to be touchy."

"If I received lots of messages? Yes and it touched me. Cappello, Sacchi, Terim, Cannavaro, Ancelotti etc etc have called me... Around 11, I saw a picture of me dressed as Genny of Gomorrah and I turned off my phone"

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I've asked on twitter if any one has a link to Rino's Coverciano thesis but nothing turned up.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Nov 28 2017, 09:53 PM
Post #2

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

This is going to be fun (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Ringo in charge of the first team, I wish him well from the bottom of my heart.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 28 2017, 11:05 PM
Post #3

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

- Experiment with Suso because he's convinced Suso is more than 'just a winger'

Montella already tried that and it didn't work. Don't make the same mistakes, Rino.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 29 2017, 08:56 AM
Post #4

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

Who here thinks this is a bad idea?

I just hope this is not just another bridge we burn like what happened with Seedorf and Pippo. This should be an interim role and if it is I hope that Rino was notified before hand and his place with the Primavera is restored during the summer,

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Nov 29 2017, 10:20 AM
Post #5

Smoking Bianco

QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 29 2017, 11:56 AM) *
Who here thinks this is a bad idea?

I just hope this is not just another bridge we burn like what happened with Seedorf and Pippo. This should be an interim role and if it is I hope that Rino was notified before hand and his place with the Primavera is restored during the summer,

I doubt it is and I personally think once he is fired he won't be back to primavera. As was the case for Pippo.

I believe Ringo has minimal experience when compared to other coachs we deem suitable, however there is noone available now of that calibre to take charge.

It really does not matter at this point han. We are out of CL qualification and we have the rest of the season to prepare for next season. From that premise Ringo could kick start the team.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Nov 29 2017, 11:31 AM
Post #6

Group Icon

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Nov 29 2017, 04:50 PM) *
I doubt it is and I personally think once he is fired he won't be back to primavera. As was the case for Pippo.

I believe Ringo has minimal experience when compared to other coachs we deem suitable, however there is noone available now of that calibre to take charge.

It really does not matter at this point han. We are out of CL qualification and we have the rest of the season to prepare for next season. From that premise Ringo could kick start the team.

In terms of timing, I don't think there could have been a better time. He's got 5 days till the next game, and a relatively easy run of games to get familiar.

Of course his absolute lack of a track record is the problem here. All we know is that his teams are really stingy defensively, but struggle a bit offensively. He's not a possession-maniac either

Really wish him the best. But I also wanted Pippo and Seedorf to succeed. So chances are next to zero aren't they? We need at least 60 points in the remainder of the season for it to be remotely considered an improvement.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 29 2017, 08:34 PM
Post #7

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Nov 29 2017, 10:20 AM) *

Well logically speaking he should have been offered an interim position with a clear end date for his contract with the club making it clear also that they'd want him to return back to his Primavera position (especially since he was starting to do well with the kids)

I just don't want this to turn into another sour situation like what happened with Seedorf and Pippo after the club offered them positions they were clearly not ready for.

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Nov 29 2017, 11:31 AM) *
In terms of timing, I don't think there could have been a better time. He's got 5 days till the next game, and a relatively easy run of games to get familiar.

Of course his absolute lack of a track record is the problem here. All we know is that his teams are really stingy defensively, but struggle a bit offensively. He's not a possession-maniac either

Really wish him the best. But I also wanted Pippo and Seedorf to succeed. So chances are next to zero aren't they? We need at least 60 points in the remainder of the season for it to be remotely considered an improvement.

We'll see, but there are other more pragmatic choices that could have been made like Hiddink, Prandelli and guys of that level, who might not be greatbut are all experienced and can get you the required results to see out a mildly decent season

No doubt that Montella needed to go, I just think Rino was an awful decision that will have bigger ramifications than just not doing well on the pitch

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Nov 30 2017, 10:48 AM
Post #8

Group Icon

QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 30 2017, 03:04 AM) *
Well logically speaking he should have been offered an interim position with a clear end date for his contract with the club making it clear also that they'd want him to return back to his Primavera position (especially since he was starting to do well with the kids)

I just don't want this to turn into another sour situation like what happened with Seedorf and Pippo after the club offered them positions they were clearly not ready for.

We'll see, but there are other more pragmatic choices that could have been made like Hiddink, Prandelli and guys of that level, who might not be greatbut are all experienced and can get you the required results to see out a mildly decent season

No doubt that Montella needed to go, I just think Rino was an awful decision that will have bigger ramifications than just not doing well on the pitch

There was even Guidolin. Has he retired?

Interesting you mention Prandelli, but going by what is current, who would you rate? Prandelli or Ranieri?

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 30 2017, 08:24 PM
Post #9

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Nov 30 2017, 10:48 AM) *
There was even Guidolin. Has he retired?

Interesting you mention Prandelli, but going by what is current, who would you rate? Prandelli or Ranieri?

Prandelli defo over Ranieri

I always liked his style and think he's a very smart man, just not a winner

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Dec 2 2017, 02:54 AM
Post #10

Smoking Bianco

QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 29 2017, 11:34 PM) *

An interim role means the players know who is leaving, obviously interim right? From that premise. Then once Gattuso coach's Milan's first team and let's entertain the assumption that he might turn out alright, but is sacked, wouldn't it be better for him to coach a professional team than go back to primavera? I know how the Seedorf and Inzaghi stints turned out, but this is different; Ringo actually has a team.

The way I see it is, what is it we 'fans' have got to lose? we either stick with Montella till the end of the season, or bring in someone we don't want now or give it to Ringo.

If I recall correctly Sacchi wasn't exactly an experienced professional coach when he took over and got lots of heat because of it at the beginning of his coaching career with Milan.

All I'm saying if Ringo doesn't work there is always Sheva, Nesta, (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) the Milan values we grew up with passed on to the new generation.

Deep down I'm rooting for Ringo to put a jolt through this team.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Dec 18 2017, 05:08 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Dec 2 2017, 09:24 AM) *
An interim role means the players know who is leaving, obviously interim right? From that premise. Then once Gattuso coach's Milan's first team and let's entertain the assumption that he might turn out alright, but is sacked, wouldn't it be better for him to coach a professional team than go back to primavera? I know how the Seedorf and Inzaghi stints turned out, but this is different; Ringo actually has a team.

The way I see it is, what is it we 'fans' have got to lose? we either stick with Montella till the end of the season, or bring in someone we don't want now or give it to Ringo.

If I recall correctly Sacchi wasn't exactly an experienced professional coach when he took over and got lots of heat because of it at the beginning of his coaching career with Milan.

All I'm saying if Ringo doesn't work there is always Sheva, Nesta, (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) the Milan values we grew up with passed on to the new generation.

Deep down I'm rooting for Ringo to put a jolt through this team.

I get what you mean. I'm rooting for Ringhio too, but it just doesn't look like it's happening. At least he's a lot sterner on the players and the opinion seems to be that he's having to 'undo' a lot of damage from Montella's stint.

Sacchi was reputed at Parma though. The rough equivalent would be Sarri. And you can see how well that's going.

Right now Giampaolo is doing good, but he's not the finished article. Another former Milanista who is impressing seems to be Oddo.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Dec 20 2017, 11:57 AM
Post #12

Smoking Bianco

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Dec 18 2017, 08:08 PM) *
I get what you mean. I'm rooting for Ringhio too, but it just doesn't look like it's happening. At least he's a lot sterner on the players and the opinion seems to be that he's having to 'undo' a lot of damage from Montella's stint.

Sacchi was reputed at Parma though. The rough equivalent would be Sarri. And you can see how well that's going.

Right now Giampaolo is doing good, but he's not the finished article. Another former Milanista who is impressing seems to be Oddo.

We both know Ringo is not gonna get us a Scudetto nor a CL place, but rather salvage something this season. And we both know how that is going.

Drawing similarities with Sacchi was wrong from my part. I mean yeah they both came to Milan with minimal experience, but Sacchi's football was something else.

Not sure what the management can do to fix this, except wait.

If I was making decisions I'd replace Galliani with Mirabelli. Someone who can give stability to this management. Especially given the ownership is detatched and secretive as opposed to Silvio's methods.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Dec 27 2017, 05:29 PM
Post #13

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Dec 20 2017, 11:57 AM) *
We both know Ringo is not gonna get us a Scudetto nor a CL place, but rather salvage something this season. And we both know how that is going.

Drawing similarities with Sacchi was wrong from my part. I mean yeah they both came to Milan with minimal experience, but Sacchi's football was something else.

Not sure what the management can do to fix this, except wait.

If I was making decisions I'd replace Galliani with Mirabelli. Someone who can give stability to this management. Especially given the ownership is detatched and secretive as opposed to Silvio's methods.

Do you mean replace Mirabelli with Galliani?

Because that would be a mistake of massive proportions. Galliani was a major part of our biggest problem in the later years of Silvio's reign. His business deals put us in deeper cr@p more than anything else. And we're still haunted to this day by those errors. I say we should stay as far away from him as possible and continue to thank our lucky stars that he is finally not the one making the decisions anymore

As for Mirabelli, all Milan fans were happy with the moves we were making in the summer, and I'd say that all were met with a lot of enthusiasm bar the Borini deal. No one could have predicted which ones would have been a success and which wouldn't. That's just the bonus of having hindsight to aid in your judgement.

For me, the biggest point of contention with this new management is the appointment of Rino. Which was an obvious bad move which most saw from a mile away - no hindsight needed. When a team is in a situation like the one we were in after Montella was fired, you do not hire a rookie coach, you hire someone who has experience, who managed big sides before and would be willing to come on as an interim.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jan 28 2018, 05:37 PM
Post #14

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 27 2017, 05:29 PM) *
Do you mean replace Mirabelli with Galliani?

Because that would be a mistake of massive proportions.

Of epic proportions.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Feb 8 2018, 04:48 PM
Post #15

Smoking Bianco

The next 6 games (ie 20 days) IMHO will define Gattuso’s future on Milan’s bench. Serie A, EL and coppa matches will be a test, this noting the team is on a 5 match unbeaten run.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
6 User(s) are reading this topic (6 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:49 PM