Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mourinho - Coming, coming...?

kdman
post Dec 10 2007, 03:47 PM
Post #1

Esordienti B 96

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 53

I remember the Mourinho debate generated some heated arguments (with some getting personal), and the thread subsquently closed. But I believe it is a worthy topic, especially now that the Mourinho-to-Milan issue has resurfaced in the media.
Sources:The Times

Goal.com

Personal I would welcome him, as I rate very high. It certainly won't be step backward if he replaces Carlo. But who knows, it might just be media talk, but the story is certainly gaining momentum (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Dec 10 2007, 04:02 PM
Post #2

Token Girl
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2,800

I don't see any reliable sources for the Mourinho-has-signed-an-agreement-with-Milan argument. The Times article states it but doesn't supply where the information comes from. Goal.com quotes Gazzetta, but the Gazzetta article quotes the Sun and Daily Mail and neither of those are reliable.

Without getting into argument as to the appropriateness of Jose Mourinho for the coaching job at AC Milan, I wonder if these articles are in part a plant by the FA to cover themselves when/if they don't get him.

+Quote Post

Warchant
post Dec 10 2007, 04:34 PM
Post #3

Giovanissimi Nazionali
Group Icon

Member No.: 703

1) he's stated in the past that national teams should be coach by people from that nation, not a foreigner

2) he's said he wants to end his career in italy

3) milan is not having the "best" of years

*shrugs*

+Quote Post

armiss
post Dec 10 2007, 04:51 PM
Post #4

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,312

He can go to HEll but he cant reach Via Turati Doors !!!! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

Nova
post Dec 10 2007, 06:03 PM
Post #5

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 34

just the idea ... (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/puke.gif) (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/puke.gif)

+Quote Post

I_Rossoneri
post Dec 10 2007, 07:22 PM
Post #6

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 558

QUOTE (Nova @ Dec 10 2007, 05:03 PM)

And what an idea (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

Jose is a fantastic manager and would revolutionize Milan IMO.

+Quote Post

Portman
post Dec 10 2007, 07:58 PM
Post #7

Berretti

Member No.: 347

QUOTE (Warchant @ Dec 10 2007, 03:34 PM)
1) he's stated in the past that national teams should be coach by people from that nation, not a foreigner

2) he's said he wants to end his career in italy

3) milan is not having the "best" of years

*shrugs*

He said he wanted to coach in Italy after England, yes. But never said he wanted to end his career in Italy.
He'll end his career as Portuguese NT coach.

Anyway, you already know my opinion about this. He's the best out there. And he already stated that Milan is a club he admires.

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Dec 10 2007, 08:05 PM
Post #8

Token Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,800

I hope we can keep this thread polite.

In an effort to maintain politeness, I am going to respectfully disagree with I Rossoneri and Porty. I don't think Mourinho is the best out there when it comes to finding a coach for Milan. He has had good results and seems able to keep his players motivated, yes. But Jose's public persona is, in my opinion, Not Classy and he is in his public persona Not A Gentleman and does not present the sort of image I personally would like to see Milan present. Also, he's never played at Milan and Milan has a history of hiring former players to coach them.

+Quote Post

I_Rossoneri
post Dec 10 2007, 08:20 PM
Post #9

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 558

He was one of the most meticulous managers in the epl and he wasn't afraid of changing things if things weren't going his way. He might talk a lot but most of the time he is psyching the opposition out - I seem to remember him winding Benitez up! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Also on many occasions he stated that he wanted to model chelsea on Milan as he respects Milan as the best club in the world.

+Quote Post

dst
post Dec 10 2007, 08:20 PM
Post #10

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

He's a great coach... but he lacks class (as a person (judging on what he shows us))... hope he has cooled down after his spell in England. Maybe he even behaved that way intentionally in order to attract the media's interest, who knows? In any case, I wouldn't want a gritch on Milan's bench no matter how good he is. He has to change... As I said before, Silvio could take particular care of that! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

This post has been edited by dst: Dec 10 2007, 08:21 PM

+Quote Post

vnata001
post Dec 10 2007, 08:55 PM
Post #11

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 2,681

Jose Mourinho is a dictator, not a facilitator like Carlo. Carlo will faciliate beautiful football, Mourinho will demand it. It is his way and that's how it is. If you are unhappy in the team that's a personal problem, not his. If he loses faith in you, you might as well stop suiting up for matches. He is not the type of personality we are used to here. Here, with CARLETTO, the players trust him and he trusts them. It's a fluid relationship where they argue with eachother one match, and then share a joke and hug the next. The relationship the players have with Carletto is one of the reasons Milan has the atmosphere it has! It is an open atmosphere that inspires. Mourinho tries to inspire through benching and silent treatment. Do you think our veteran players would enjoy that?

What this really comes down to is what kind of atmosphere do you want at Milan? Are you a fan of the the warm, family like atmosphere that allows veterans to excel and allows youngsters to adapt slowly? or would you quickly sell that away for some more youthful flashy players, and potentially a better, more daring tactician that won't hesitate to put in a gourcuff over a brocchi.

Milan with Carletto is a trusting, patient, but sometimes unmotivated Milan. Milan with Mourinho is strict, regimented, his way or the bench. Motivation by fire. Milan with Carlo is ressurecting careers, bringing in veterans, and tradition (older players - favalli, emerson, ronaldo). Milan with Mourinho is Winning oriented, youth development, like it or leave it. (Drogba?, a tap into Portugal's talented youth, and whoever else he attracts).

From what I've seen of him, Mourinho won't take **** when Seedorf shows his personality and challenges him. That sort of thing was unheard of at Chelsea. When players were upset and talking to the media about it, Mourinho would ignore it, says it doesnt affect him. Carlo knows how to deal with his players. Even if he opposes them, he'll stand firm, but always maintain respect, and work it out. Veterans love that. Mourinho will just put them in his dog house.

So, the question is, do you like the idea of Jose walking our bench, potentially attracting some superstars, and changing the culture? Or do we like Carlo looking stoic as ever on the bench smoking cigarettes, talking to Tassoti, and running the show like the proven coach he is.

I personally don't know. But I do think that this season is basically as bad as it will get. I really don't think the managment is going to rely SO heavily on the old guys next season, and we potentially will have a new mid and/or defender next year. And I think that new options on the field is far more important that replacing our coach. Carlo with some new options in attack and midfield, could easily win us more titles I have no doubt, but I also have no doubt Mourinho would bring us glory too, it's just how do we want to go about getting it.

To sum it up - Mourinho is like the cut throat business man who lights a fire under his workers, and thus always gets the job done. And Carlo is the layed back kind who makes sure his cows are happy, and we all know that great cheese comes from happy cows..With Carlo, things are so comfortable that motivation of players affects results. That wouldn't be the case with Mourinho because he only plays the ones that try hard.

Either way, I think they are both great coaches. Does Mourinho fit Milan? not necessarily, but he could be great here regardless, and IT WOULD DEFINITELY BE HUMBLING to work for Berlu and coach PAOLO. I couldn't see Mourinho trying to boss them around..and in that situation? Mourinho could be one of the most successful coaches at Milan. There is absolutely no denying his tactical genious, because for a few years it seemed every substitution/tactical change for Chelsea was a perfect one.

This post has been edited by vnata001: Dec 10 2007, 09:03 PM

+Quote Post

dst
post Dec 10 2007, 09:19 PM
Post #12

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

QUOTE (vnata001 @ Dec 10 2007, 09:55 PM)
we all know that great cheese comes from happy cows..

do we?? (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Great post. Mourinho's way of coaching does not concern me, Capello did not use to be much different. It's his attitude that I find annoying...

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Dec 11 2007, 04:44 AM
Post #13

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

Exactly!! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

The cheese comment was hilarious. Except in Seedorf's case, you should try something like 'Good chocolate comes only when Willy Wonka is happy'

My decision was already made. I prefer the family atmosphere to Milan playing like a machine.

It's like Ronaldo said, players nowadays don't accept the regimented training etc that the old Capello used. They have so many options nowadays, they'll just up and leave.

As such I don't find Mourinho's attitude to the media too annoying. It's one of those cases when you love it when he's on your side, and hate it when he's on the other. We shouldn't talk, seeing as we have Inzaghi and Rino. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

No, it's the in-fighting I'm worried about. There was a whole lot of politics at play in that Chelsea dressing room, I don't know if Roman had a hand in it or not. And as for the Sheva thing and Roman wanting him more than Jose, it's the same thing with Silvio and R20.

I don't want a coach, who's gonna win titles and leave behind a fractured team and play dull football.

+Quote Post

bigmacmtl
post Dec 11 2007, 04:59 AM
Post #14

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 2,592

i think a big part of mourinho being a pest and winding up a opponents was when he came to chelsea he came to a club with no identity, history and character. he too it upon himself to amke them stand out and light a spark. i mean theres more too it, it's also the way he is i guess...

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Dec 11 2007, 05:00 AM
Post #15

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

I rate Carlo and Jose both highly.

The main arguement I have against Carlo is this: Yes, he has a family atmosphere, but why is this? Is this part of the reason Gourcuff doesn't get a chance to play - Because he's too busy keeping the 'stars' happy by playing them all the time?

One thing I love about Jose is that he will not be told what to do - don't get me wrong, I love Sheva - but the fact that he hardly played showed me something about Jose. He does what he wants, he's not going to be a yes man. If Silvio tells him the CL is his priority, it won't make a difference as he'll go after each trophy the same - that's the way Jose is.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:43 PM