Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Europa League 18/19: Milan matches

X-Offender
post Sep 27 2018, 09:54 PM
Post #76

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

That's it. I'm done. I'm not watching another Milan game till we make at least 3 wins in a row. I don't have the time and nerve to waste on a bunch of garbage who tarnish the shirt they're wearing every single day. See you.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 27 2018, 09:56 PM
Post #77

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 27 2018, 09:34 PM) *
And he takes off Hakan! When Suso has been a ghost the entire game. Rino, you can GTFO along with Romagnoli.

Romagnoli made the mistake, but the playing around with the ball at the back has been a consistent problem this season when neither CB is particularly good with the ball. The mistake was coming. I said this smelled like a repeat and it was.

We are simply unable to close out games. That's 4 times we've been winning a game this season and managed to lose points in the end. The defense has been a mess, the midfield is not helping and our attack is not finishing off enough chances.

This has probably been one of our worst starts in a while and if it continues well into October, Rino will be out the door.

Hate to say it, but we're missing Bonucci in that defense.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 27 2018, 09:58 PM
Post #78

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 27 2018, 09:56 PM) *
Hate to say it, but we're missing Bonucci in that defense.

Bonucci was smart enough to leave in time. Higuain will follow soon next summer.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 30 2018, 02:08 PM
Post #79

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 27 2018, 09:58 PM) *
Bonucci was smart enough to leave in time. Higuain will follow soon next summer.

Right now, at this point, I really don't believe that anymore

We're no longer under the management of B&G or the Chinese

We have serious ownership who have done nothing but show serious intent from the moment they came in. Our management is first class now

It's a matter now of making those upgrades within the squad.

I think they were trying to avoid big shake ups and left Rino to do his thing because he did relatively well last season and he was just given a long term contract. But at this point it's most likely that he won't last till Christmas if he doesn't turn things around.

Things are looking bright for our future. Let's not forget that in June we looked at the future and saw bleak dark times ahead. With debts mounting, and Li looking like a total fraud and getting banned from Europe

From that position to where we are today, I say we have nothing but great things to looks forward to. The results might not be good but that doesn't bother me. Because I know the right moves will be made to make sure things change for the better. Higuain knew he was coming into a club that was a work in progress

Look at Inter, things didn't instantly get better when their new owners came in after Tohir. They're reaping the fruits of the work done now. We've changed the entire management, it will take a bit of time to make those changes reflect in the results.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Sep 30 2018, 02:14 PM
Post #80

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

Agree.

But could we stop talking in the EL thread and perhaps open a permanent Milan Serie A matches thread? This drives me crazy...

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 30 2018, 02:17 PM
Post #81

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 30 2018, 02:14 PM) *
Agree.

But could we stop talking in the EL thread and perhaps open a permanent Milan Serie A matches thread? This drives me crazy...

Just opened a new match thread

I think we were just carrying around the jinx in this one anyway (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 4 2018, 07:47 PM
Post #82

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Great second half. Hakan and Cutrone turned things around when they came on. Good positive changes from Rino

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Oct 4 2018, 09:00 PM
Post #83

Primavera
Group Icon

Is there any tactical option for playing both Cutrone and Higuain? Patrick is a great talent and we really should start building around him with Higuain to guide him and also provide the extra part for our whole gameplan.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 5 2018, 05:43 PM
Post #84

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Oct 4 2018, 09:00 PM) *
Is there any tactical option for playing both Cutrone and Higuain? Patrick is a great talent and we really should start building around him with Higuain to guide him and also provide the extra part for our whole gameplan.

4-2-4 with Suso and Hakan on the sides. But I think Rino considers it more of a in-game solution when we’re not winning.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 6 2018, 02:29 PM
Post #85

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Oct 4 2018, 09:00 PM) *

I'd actually argue for a 4-3-1-2 with Hakan behind the front 2

That being said, that would exclude Suso and leave us with no alternative striking options bar Borini off the bench

I think as x-off said, Rino only considers this as a tactical shift when we're in search of goals rather than something he'd go with on a regular basis

That being said, I'd really like to see us start with 2 strikers against the smaller teams in the league, it would make our lives far more easier as teams these days generally have a difficult time defending a 2 striker system as it is so rarely used

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 5 2018, 05:43 PM) *
4-2-4 with Suso and Hakan on the sides. But I think Rino considers it more of a in-game solution when we’re not winning.

I'd rather keep the midfield 3 if we were to use a 2 striker formation tbh. Kessie is too undisciplined in the defensive phase to rely on in a double pivot imo

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 25 2018, 06:38 PM
Post #86

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Oh my... Watching the Betis game. And it's an absolute clusterf@ck!

So bad

Bakayoko and Borini are barely footballers at this point. Rino better give them the hook at half time because it's simply not acceptable. We cannot make 2 consecutive passes at this point

+Quote Post

drucurl
post Oct 25 2018, 08:04 PM
Post #87

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 4,041

#GattusoOut

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Oct 26 2018, 01:53 AM
Post #88

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

Think it is more to do with the approach of the squad. The players were too hasty on the ball and thus less composed when in possession.

Gattuso takes the blame that is for sure, he did make the right changes though in Suso, Cutrone and Bertolacci. Had the players kept a cool head after conceding the first goal, this would have been a different match.

Firing Gattuso at this point would be plausible, but don't think it would solve the underlying problem. Think Gattuso is an intimidating guy in the locker room who can dominate the discussion and carry his weight. Conte? Yeah that is an option, and if he came it would be perfect for Milan's attempt to target CL. Let's see what happens this winter break too.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Oct 26 2018, 04:11 PM
Post #89

Primavera
Group Icon

We really need a change of coach. After years and years of trying out various Milan legends as coaches we really need to pick a seasoned man who can take charge and knows what he's doing. Seedorf, Inzaghi, Brocchi, Montella and now Gattuso... makes a total of five consecutive coaches who all except Montella started their coaching career with us here. It's enough. These kids need tactical brilliance and guidance, not just footballing authority.

I love Gattuso as a player and admire his energetic and frank effort but I don't think he's the right man for the job. Last year Milan got embarrassed in the Coppa final, a game I won't forget that easy. Now we embarrassed ourselves in the Madonnina derby. This is something that shouldn't happen as often as it does.

I fear Conte is far away from Milan. Rumors of him joining Real are not going away.

Milan being linked with Donadoni, which would be a real disappointment for me. Wenger also being mentioned which would kind of be strange.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Oct 27 2018, 05:43 PM
Post #90

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

As of now, there is no axe on Gattuso’s head. He has to turn this around, but more importantly the team has to be fired up to come back. Hope that the next game proves us wrong and the team does show up.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 07:00 PM