> 15/3/08 - Serie A - Roma vs Milan

KillerMax
post Mar 17 2008, 07:01 PM
Post #406

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,388

QUOTE (m1ke @ Mar 16 2008, 10:54 AM)
I don't know if he blocked any transfers or not, but he deserves some credit.

He said on the official site before the season had started that he did not want anymore players in any position, maybe except for an Pirlo alternative in the form of Emerson. He also said in another interview that his squad was complete and anymore players would hurt the team chemistry or something along those lines.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Mar 17 2008, 07:09 PM
Post #407

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (acid911 @ Mar 17 2008, 03:14 PM)
Give me 120 million pounds to spend and we won't even have the need to talk. A class team like Milan will win day in and day out, even with someone like me at the helm. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Tabarez? Zaccheroni? Ehem,..that's not true. Noone can handle Milan as good as the insiders, like Carletto, Rijkaard, MvB and some others.

+Quote Post

dst
post Mar 17 2008, 07:18 PM
Post #408

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

QUOTE (acid911 @ Mar 17 2008, 04:14 PM)
Give me 120 million pounds to spend and we won't even have the need to talk. A class team like Milan will win day in and day out, even with someone like me at the helm. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

That's certainly not true... just ask Moratti...

+Quote Post

acid911
post Mar 17 2008, 07:33 PM
Post #409

Berretti

Member No.: 3,736

My point was not that anyone can do a better job, obviously insiders (Milan family) are better suited for the post. What my point of difference was that judging the success of a coach by the amount of transfer budget. Heck, you can spend 360 million and still end up with zero success. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

Carlo (and the management) had two transfer seasons to make up for the fall, and they still didn't. Somehow we've been trying to end up fourth for the second time running, and that's completely unacceptable for a club with players of the caliber that Milan has.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Mar 17 2008, 08:15 PM
Post #410

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (acid911 @ Mar 17 2008, 07:33 PM)
My point was not that anyone can do a better job, obviously insiders (Milan family) are better suited for the post. What my point of difference was that judging the success of a coach by the amount of transfer budget. Heck, you can spend 360 million and still end up with zero success. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

Carlo (and the management) had two transfer seasons to make up for the fall, and they still didn't. Somehow we've been trying to end up fourth for the second time running, and that's completely unacceptable for a club with players of the caliber that Milan has.

I'm sure that 90% of the other coaches would end up 5th, 6th or even worse. Hell, Capello reached that point even,..

+Quote Post

acid911
post Mar 17 2008, 08:50 PM
Post #411

Berretti

Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 18 2008, 12:15 AM)
I'm sure that 90% of the other coaches would end up 5th, 6th or even worse. Hell, Capello reached that point even,..

90%, there are still some that might have changed things for the better. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) I'm in no way disrespectful for all the great things Carlo's done for our club, but as with every one, there will come a time when he'll have to leave. When it comes is anyone's guess.

Still, I'm hoping that things turn for the better - both for Milan and Carlo.

+Quote Post

bigmacmtl
post Mar 17 2008, 10:49 PM
Post #412

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,592

I agree. His choices are some times terible... but he is considered by some to be useless which is totally absurd.

i dont think he he's completely usueless i just find he's been really bad over the past two years at managing this club. i mean of course h's going to get it right but 2/3 games he doesnt little or nothing to really impact a game enough for us to win. the past 2 years we've played like crap (beside s a few games) and to come out and say we're one of the best clubs in europe at the moment is just pathetic. after a while of mediocrity from everyone you have to wake them up, give a em a tongue lashing. afterall these arent fragile babies here, they're being paid millions and in all honesty the only ones have earned their paycheck over the past 2 years is kalac,nesta,paolo (of course), and kaka, and at times pirlo.

honestly he sounds like messina's coach with his "we played very well and i have nothing to reproach my team, blah blah talk..." talk. he says this all the time. FFS what is gonna say when we miss out on 4th (which is highly possible)? well we played well enough to win the scudetto but we were unlucky. it just doesnt make sense.

and all this talk about him not having certain players available and it isnt his fault, etc. well i remember us being mediocre at the beginning of both seasons even with a full squad and every coach has the same problem as carlo throughout a season.

theres no way around our situation. when milan struggle 2 season in a row to make 4th especially when the rest of the league is crap as well, well somethings wrong witht he coaching staff and the players. people have to stop defending the whole team and making excuses. it's quite clear their doing this because their insecure and scared of changes.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Mar 17 2008, 11:03 PM
Post #413

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

QUOTE (bigmacmtl @ Mar 17 2008, 09:49 PM)
when milan struggle 2 season in a row to make 4th especially when the rest of the league is crap as well, well somethings wrong witht he coaching staff and the players.

That's probably the best thing I've read on why Carlo should go.

Serie A is in bad times at the moment, people claim it's too easy for Inter as there are so many bad teams. So why are we struggling? Calciopoli is NOT an excuse in my opinion, especially seen as the two teams that were punished the most - Juve and Fiorentina - are doing better than us, in fact, they're both over-acheiving really.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Mar 17 2008, 11:21 PM
Post #414

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (bigmacmtl @ Mar 17 2008, 10:49 PM)
people have to stop defending the whole team and making excuses. it's quite clear their doing this because their insecure and scared of changes.
Who would have thought that defending Carlo or most of our players would be that tuff. We need R7 back,..

Anyway,..I don't consider myself insecure or scared. Don't think Jack or anyone else is. In fact, if someone is insecure, then the ones who wan't a coach change at any chase. I'm against it. I'm very sure we'll reach 4th place, step into a bright transfer period and get us the needed help. We need changes, or better, upgrades.

+Quote Post

Nova
post Mar 17 2008, 11:24 PM
Post #415

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 34

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 17 2008, 11:21 PM)
Who would have thought that defending Carlo or most of our players would be that tuff. We need R7 back,..

Anyway,..I don't consider myself insecure or scared. Don't think Jack or anyone else is. In fact, if someone is insecure, then the ones who wan't a coach change at any chase. I'm against it. I'm very sure we'll reach 4th place, step into a bright transfer period and get us the needed help. We need changes, or better, upgrades.

indeed (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

+Quote Post

bigmacmtl
post Mar 17 2008, 11:33 PM
Post #416

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,592

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 17 2008, 05:21 PM)

do i want carlo out at all cost? no. but changes are needed and carlo is not one to like that so if it's necessary to get ride of him then so be it.

the proof is in the pudding

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Mar 17 2008, 11:40 PM
Post #417

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 18 2008, 01:51 AM)
I'm very sure we'll reach 4th place

And what if we don't?

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Mar 17 2008, 11:44 PM
Post #418

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Mar 17 2008, 11:40 PM)
And what if we don't?

Well in that case we'll be open for new options, if you get me,..

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Mar 17 2008, 11:50 PM
Post #419

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 18 2008, 02:14 AM)
Well in that case we'll be open for new options, if you get me,..

But Galliani has said Carlo will be Milan's coach next season no matter what...

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Mar 17 2008, 11:52 PM
Post #420

Token Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,800

Galliani is hardly likely to say publicly anything else even if (as some have hypothesized) a deal's already been made with another coach.

+Quote Post

29 Pages V  « < 26 27 28 29 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:43 AM