Guests cannot vote 

acid911
post Nov 25 2014, 06:30 PM
Post #16

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (William405 @ Nov 25 2014, 11:24 PM) *
What? What? Mexes top??Muntari flop?? Danny will have a stroke when he sees this.

Ah, no, he's a chum of mine. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) But really, I did not see anyone have more impact in the team than him (Rami came close, though) in how he marshaled the defense. And as for Muntari, it was a coin flip between him and Essien, in how they broke up play and ensured that the ball rarely left out midfield.

In fact, now that you mention it Essien deserved the flop tag more, on terms of performance. Muntari only edged him in how he behaved on the pitch and the fact that he's a tad bit younger. Do they have their uses? Yeah, but starting matches is not one of them, and hopefully with a full strength squad, we see less of these two gentlemen.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

acid911
post Nov 25 2014, 06:31 PM
Post #17

Berretti

Our midfield, I meant to say. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blush.gif)

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Nov 25 2014, 06:54 PM
Post #18

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

If SES was an Inter player, we'd be talking about how much of a joke he is.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Nov 25 2014, 07:06 PM
Post #19

Berretti

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Nov 25 2014, 11:54 PM) *

Exactly, and in Football Manager 2015 he's listed as our most valuable asset, valued at 15m, the face of the club. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) Well, let's give him a month or so to find form, and then ask him to step up his game. Because right now, he adds little to the team, very little.

+Quote Post

William405
post Nov 25 2014, 09:01 PM
Post #20

Allievi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 7,239

QUOTE (acid911 @ Nov 25 2014, 08:30 PM) *
Ah, no, he's a chum of mine. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) But really, I did not see anyone have more impact in the team than him (Rami came close, though) in how he marshaled the defense. And as for Muntari, it was a coin flip between him and Essien, in how they broke up play and ensured that the ball rarely left out midfield.

In fact, now that you mention it Essien deserved the flop tag more, on terms of performance. Muntari only edged him in how he behaved on the pitch and the fact that he's a tad bit younger. Do they have their uses? Yeah, but starting matches is not one of them, and hopefully with a full strength squad, we see less of these two gentlemen.

Yeah, both were giving away balls in horrible places as we've accustomed to. I would resist giving Essien the flop only for his play on the goal.

I think Mexes had a really good game too. This is the first time I've felt our defense is somewhat secure. Might have to do with Inter sucking too, though. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post

acid911
post Nov 25 2014, 09:34 PM
Post #21

Berretti

QUOTE (William405 @ Nov 26 2014, 02:01 AM) *
Yeah, both were giving away balls in horrible places as we've accustomed to. I would resist giving Essien the flop only for his play on the goal.

True man, we've been accustomed to this style of play ever since these two showed up. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif) At least when Seedorf was here playing he'd stick with the ball and move his butt forward. These two just seek out the nearest individual and pass the ball back. Nothing kills our game more than this. Nothing.

QUOTE (William405 @ Nov 26 2014, 02:01 AM) *
I think Mexes had a really good game too. This is the first time I've felt our defense is somewhat secure. Might have to do with Inter sucking too, though.

Exactly, and that's why he's playing I guess, regularly. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) I don't know, maybe he'll be shipped out soon, or opt to leave in the winter or summer window. But as long as Mexes is here, he should be starting. Unless he has a major dip in form, which I've not seen from him like ever. That's the sign of good players.

He's not great, and prone to embarrassing moments here and there. But he's the best we've got. There's a reason whey he's on 4m a season, because he has experience and the skills to start for a club like ours. Only if Silva and Nesta were still on, then he'd be warming the bench. And that's logical.

Let's hope the somewhat secure feeling about our defense is not a one off, though. We need stability!

+Quote Post

Danny
post Nov 26 2014, 12:23 AM
Post #22

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (William405 @ Nov 25 2014, 05:24 PM) *
What? What? Mexes top??Muntari flop?? Danny will have a stroke when he sees this. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

Acid's ok. He could compose a Mexes love song and call Muntari a retard and I'd forgive him (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

Danny
post Nov 26 2014, 12:25 AM
Post #23

Allievi Nazionali

PS he's spot on about SES. Talk about losing patience with him.

Almost four years we've waited for this guy to bloom into the Club's big star, and still f*ck all.

Do we want to just wait till he retires then say 'oh well'?

+Quote Post

acid911
post Nov 26 2014, 12:41 AM
Post #24

Berretti

QUOTE (Danny @ Nov 26 2014, 05:23 AM) *
Acid's ok. He could compose a Mexes love song and call Muntari a retard and I'd forgive him

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/friends.gif)

I'd never call Muntari a retard. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) Now about that Mexes love song, though... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

QUOTE (Danny @ Nov 26 2014, 05:25 AM) *
PS he's spot on about SES. Talk about losing patience with him.

Almost four years we've waited for this guy to bloom into the Club's big star, and still f*ck all.

Do we want to just wait till he retires then say 'oh well'?

Agreed. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) This is the season, though. If he can't get back to at least providing regular glimpses of what he was billed, and keeps up with his current shenanigans, then that's it for a lot of fans, I believe. I want him to come good, but he's slid into his comfort zone and isn't improving his game, nor asserting himself on the pitch.

Off the pitch though, he's killing it. The kid is unfocused, and worse yet, no ones guiding him. I am yet to see any sign that he is covering up and improving upon the liabilities in his game this year.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 26 2014, 09:19 AM
Post #25

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 25 2014, 04:57 PM) *
Poli's chance was completely different though. Firstly, SES is a striker. Secondly, he had a one on one with Handanovič. No excuse there, while Poli was in a midst of a box jungle, it was only the deflection that saved Inter.

You said Icardi's chance was different, but how so?

He is a striker, he went clean through on goal thanks to the amazing assist from Muntari and he flubbed it by shooting at Lopez. SES at least beat the goal keeper but hit the post.

QUOTE (acid911 @ Nov 25 2014, 05:19 PM) *
By the way, I'll vote while I'm here. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) And saw the match in full.

Mexès top, he was making clean clearances at the back like crazy.
Muntari flop, destroyed several chances we had at attack by his back passing.

Agree with most of the assessments above, though. Good showings from Rami, DeScig, and Lopez. And the usual mess from Essien and Torres. But on the whole, this was one of the weaker derbies I've seen, with neither team asserting itself on the pitch for a sustained period of time. Just a total no show from both Milan squads.

Voted the same.

QUOTE (acid911 @ Nov 25 2014, 06:30 PM) *

At least someone else saw what I saw with Mexes, at one point in the second half he was keeping us in with all the clearances/interceptions/tackles he pulled off

Don't agree about Essien though, he's a mediocre player nowadays sure, but Muntari is just... Can't even think of an appropriate word here. He's not only just as terrible as Essien is in general, but he makes so many errors both huge and minor niggling ones that Essien looks like freaking Modric next to him

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Nov 25 2014, 06:54 PM) *

Are you saying what a joke Icardi is? He missed a very similar chance.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Nov 26 2014, 12:54 PM
Post #26

Allievi Nazionali

Icardi hasn't been a joke for well over 3 and a half years.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 26 2014, 03:29 PM
Post #27

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

As much as I can't stand him, Icardi has scored 20 goals in 39 games for Inter so far. That's hardly a joke. El Shaarawy has scored 25 goals in 87 games for us, 19 of which were scored in one season alone (12/13). Yes, that's a joke for you.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 26 2014, 05:16 PM
Post #28

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 26 2014, 03:29 PM) *
As much as I can't stand him, Icardi has scored 20 goals in 39 games for Inter so far. That's hardly a joke. El Shaarawy has scored 25 goals in 87 games for us, 19 of which were scored in one season alone (12/13). Yes, that's a joke for you.

That has nothing to do with the isolated case though. My point was that Icardi missed a very similar chance, a chance btw that would have completely changed the complexion of the game because it was so early.

I'm not defending the fact that SES has been bad over the past year, he's in a terrible rut, no arguments there. But fact is, another player DID in fact miss an equally huge chance for the other team

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 26 2014, 06:37 PM
Post #29

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

I don't think Kurt's comment was in relation to the miss, but his overall form.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 26 2014, 06:39 PM
Post #30

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 26 2014, 06:37 PM) *
I don't think Kurt's comment was in relation to the miss, but his overall form.

I think he was, because otherwise SES had a fairly solid showing if nothing spectacular and also provided the assist (which brings him to 3 for the season so far)

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 09:30 AM