han2503
post Oct 10 2014, 08:58 AM
Post #46

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Oct 9 2014, 10:51 PM) *
Both of you are correct in a way. But hell, Zaccardo isn't worth the trouble. He's just a bench warmer, not important about him.

You're missing the point, Zaccardo as the person isn't the issue here, what Zaccardo represent is. He's the personification of many mistakes made by this management throughout this last decade in their quest to sign every free agent out there.

Zaccardo alone on his - as you call it - irrelevant 0.8m per season (which still translates to 1.6m per year mind you) might not look all that bad, but when you've had a squad littered with these kinds of players paying them these kinds of salaries and then not being able to sign someone we actually need because we have a grotesque wage bill, IS a major issue.

Also, Zaccardo's current wage might not seem like much when looking at our wage bill as a whole, but look at any other Serie A side's wage bill (a side that would actually want Zaccardo) and see which of them would pay that kind of money to an over the hill CB. None, because that money is what they usually pay to their best player not a Zaccardo level player.

It's why we can never get rid of these guys once we sign them. Of course they don't want to go to another team, they're more than comfortable at Milan earning their big wages and doing nothing but coming into training each day and they also get to enjoy pitch side matches each week so that's also a bonus.

Which again goes back to Zaccardo alone not being a true issue but what he represents is
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Oct 10 2014, 10:47 AM
Post #47

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

And I think Filippo's point is that that issue is not one anymore. The Zaccardo types have been moved out on loans and sales and such.

Zaccardo himself was just one person who we couldn't ship out in the oddest of circumstances. Now barring a brilliant Favalli-esque resurgence in games from him, I expect him to ship out too - either in January or next summer.

His total wages off our bill mean nothing. 1.6 million will pay for no one, perhaps it will help to deal with giving Abate and De Jong new contracts with pay hikes.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Oct 10 2014, 11:44 AM
Post #48

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 10 2014, 10:58 AM) *
You're missing the point, Zaccardo as the person isn't the issue here, what Zaccardo represent is. He's the personification of many mistakes made by this management throughout this last decade in their quest to sign every free agent out there.

Zaccardo alone on his - as you call it - irrelevant 0.8m per season (which still translates to 1.6m per year mind you) might not look all that bad, but when you've had a squad littered with these kinds of players paying them these kinds of salaries and then not being able to sign someone we actually need because we have a grotesque wage bill, IS a major issue.

Also, Zaccardo's current wage might not seem like much when looking at our wage bill as a whole, but look at any other Serie A side's wage bill (a side that would actually want Zaccardo) and see which of them would pay that kind of money to an over the hill CB. None, because that money is what they usually pay to their best player not a Zaccardo level player.

It's why we can never get rid of these guys once we sign them. Of course they don't want to go to another team, they're more than comfortable at Milan earning their big wages and doing nothing but coming into training each day and they also get to enjoy pitch side matches each week so that's also a bonus.

Which again goes back to Zaccardo alone not being a true issue but what he represents is

Indeed, Jack is right. As I said earlier on, we made a error-proof transfer summer market. So why do we dwell on past mistakes?

And yes, I know the answer. You two pessimists are not convinced we turned the page for real. Agreed, we used to shift or go up and down one too many times in the past years, which makes you very inclined to be pessimistic at times.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 10 2014, 12:18 PM
Post #49

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

Yes, just because we didn't sign any useless players this summer doesn't mean we won't make such mistakes again in the future. You can't use one signing campaign as proof for that. This management is prone to errors, and that's not going to change until Silvio and Galliani GFTO.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Oct 10 2014, 12:22 PM
Post #50

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

Agreed. But over-analyzing also loses it's sense after a while.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 10 2014, 02:22 PM
Post #51

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Oct 10 2014, 10:47 AM) *
And I think Filippo's point is that that issue is not one anymore. The Zaccardo types have been moved out on loans and sales and such.

Zaccardo himself was just one person who we couldn't ship out in the oddest of circumstances. Now barring a brilliant Favalli-esque resurgence in games from him, I expect him to ship out too - either in January or next summer.

His total wages off our bill mean nothing. 1.6 million will pay for no one, perhaps it will help to deal with giving Abate and De Jong new contracts with pay hikes.

The fact that we only got rid of them on year long loans does not remove the problem, it's just postponing it to a later date

And as I said, 1.6m alone means nothing, but add up all the rubbish players we've been maintaining over the years and it's not such a meagre amount then

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Oct 10 2014, 11:44 AM) *
Indeed, Jack is right. As I said earlier on, we made a error-proof transfer summer market. So why do we dwell on past mistakes?

And yes, I know the answer. You two pessimists are not convinced we turned the page for real. Agreed, we used to shift or go up and down one too many times in the past years, which makes you very inclined to be pessimistic at times.

We're still paying for a few of those past mistakes as some of them are on loan and we're still paying parts of their wages.

I think we can only say that the "Zaccardo syndrome" is gone for good if we actually see Galliani making a decent effort at not going after free agents and then giving them undeserved wages. We got Agazzi this summer and then tried to get rid of him a month into pre-season but he refused to move. That to me does not look like Galliani has learned anything from his own past mistakes

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 03:02 AM