Jack Sparrow
post Oct 8 2014, 05:28 AM
Post #31

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,865

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 8 2014, 05:18 AM) *
It shouldn't be anyone at all. Why have someone like Zaccardo? What purpose does he exactly fill? None. I don't care if he earns €800,000 per season. That's €1.6 million including taxes. We begged Rami to pay €450,000 out of his own pocket, yet we are willing to spend €1.6 million for a player who serves no purpose. It doesn't matter if his name is Zaccardo or Fred or Johnny. We shouldn't sign useless players who will warm the stands, not even the bench, every Sunday.

You don't say! Please excuse my poor choice of words.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

Then who should we sign? The next Thiago Silva? How do you idealize things into as simple as buying superstars for big money or buying hot young talent for next to nothing?

I don't think it's that simple. We have little money, and I for one am satisfied that this season's transfers are showing some value. We are correcting the mistakes of the past three years. I think I'm willing to give it a year.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 8 2014, 09:10 AM
Post #32

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Oct 8 2014, 05:28 AM) *
Then who should we sign? The next Thiago Silva? How do you idealize things into as simple as buying superstars for big money or buying hot young talent for next to nothing?

I don't think it's that simple. We have little money, and I for one am satisfied that this season's transfers are showing some value. We are correcting the mistakes of the past three years. I think I'm willing to give it a year.

I think the issue here is that we didn't need him in the first place, this is a typical case of Galliani seeing a free agent and signing him because he can't help himself rather than looking at the needs of the side, remember Traore? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Oct 8 2014, 10:16 AM
Post #33

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

Well, considering all our injuries, at one point it seemed justifiable. The problem is, you guys make it sound like the whole problem evolves on Zaccardo. While in fact, we're paying him peanuts and this season, he's perhaps the only true useless player around. Also, we tried to sell him. So...I don't see any problem.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Oct 8 2014, 10:48 AM
Post #34

Group Icon

^^ Exactly. When he was purchased he wasn't useless. We were one injury away from probably playing Muntari as CB.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 8 2014, 12:31 PM
Post #35

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

A Primavera kid can do the job better than Zaccardo.

When you sign players, sometimes they might turn into a revelation, or they might be a let down. But sometimes you know exactly what you're getting. The moment we signed Zaccardo I was like "BUT WHY?" because I knew he was crap and an unnecessary addition. Same argument goes for Matri. We all knew he shouldn't have been signed and our prediction came true.

The point is, don't sign players that everyone and their grandmas know are unnecessary. It's OK to gamble with players like Acerbi or Nocerino, because with them there is room for experimentation and improvement in premise (even though they turned out crap in the end). But with players like Zaccardo and Matri you know exactly what you're getting for, so simply don't bother wasting money, especially when for a beggar club like us every penny is precious.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Oct 8 2014, 12:35 PM
Post #36

Group Icon

I personally feel that entire above argument is based on hindsight.

There were similar arguments raised about Abate initially, and more recently about Alex. This isn't a 100% success game anyway. Zaccardo is a failed transfer. Yes. He isn't the first, he won't be the last. Get over it.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 8 2014, 12:42 PM
Post #37

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Oct 8 2014, 12:35 PM) *
I personally feel that entire above argument is based on hindsight.

There were similar arguments raised about Abate initially, and more recently about Alex. This isn't a 100% success game anyway. Zaccardo is a failed transfer. Yes. He isn't the first, he won't be the last. Get over it.

No, it isn't. That's my point. Some things are just plain out there in your face. Zaccardo has always been crap, even in his prime. What exactly can make you think he will be useful at the age of 31? We were so desperate to get rid of Mesbah, that we ended up signing someone else just as useless.

But it's not Zaccardo that's my problem. It's the attitude of the management, of Galliani. Some of the deals he makes are illogical and unreasonable. And then he complains we don't have money. Well, stop throwing away club resources you bald f*ck!

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Oct 8 2014, 02:18 PM
Post #38

Group Icon

In other words, you demand a club that has no money should only make 100% successful transfers even if they're on free or low cost.

Or else play primavera players and basically throw them to the wolves, because 'even' primavera players can play better than 'this lot'. And I disagree coz:

1. I do not think it's possible for any club to have a 100% transfer record
2. I do not have any evidence to suggest primavera players are good enough to replace some of the others in the squad.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 8 2014, 03:13 PM
Post #39

Nah Jack, I don't expect a 100% transfer record. But from that 100%, 5-10% goes to senseless signings. And we've made a lot of them in the past few years, a lot. I want us to stop spending money on players who are absolutely not worth it in foresight. Zaccardo, Matri and Agazzi were three such signings. I'm not arguing about the likes of Essien, Acerbi, Nocerino, Niang, even frigging Mesbah, because one could say those signings had some sort of potential even though they flopped.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Oct 8 2014, 03:15 PM
Post #40

Primavera
Group Icon

We did, didn't we? This singing period was sound in this direction. Zaccardo belongs to these mistakes of the past.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Oct 8 2014, 09:00 PM
Post #41

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

He didnt do much, Torres and so he's my flop.

This new team from the better players we have till the lower level ones;i just can not relate!

The coach on the other hand, i am fond of very much. The team plays in an interesting manner this season. Our attack has become leathal, and given time will only get sharper. Then the defense, has been laced with the usual problems; conceding set-pieces without a reference point (sometimes left for Bonera).

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Oct 9 2014, 06:36 AM
Post #42

Group Icon

I actually believe this setpiece nonsense has arisen since we started zonal marking. Can anyone explain what benefits it gives.

@X-Off: Ok, I understand a lot better where you're coming from. So my memory is bleak but I think Zaccardo was brought in when we had Bonera, Zapata and Mexes out injured but I couldn't be certain. The past three years have been so traumatic my brain is actively suppressing those memories. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 9 2014, 11:54 AM
Post #43

No, I'm pretty sure we got Zaccardo in exchange for Mesbah.

I don't remember there being an emergency, but even if there was, do you actually go and sign a new player just for a couple of games? That's nonsense logic. If the majority of our defenders were injured, then play some Primavera kid, or utilize De Sciglio as CB. You DO NOT go and sign a crappy, overaged defender that we are gong to regret having and will be difficult to get rid of JUST FOR A COUPLE OF GAMES!

But that's fail Galliani logic for you. He did the same with Legrottaglie back in 2011.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 9 2014, 09:59 PM
Post #44

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

x-off is right, we got Legrottaglie when we were having that crises and he ended up out cold on his debut

And Zaccardo was part of the Mesbah deal, basically we brought in one rubbish player to get rid of another, just like we always do. Birsa to get rid of Traore last season for example

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Oct 9 2014, 10:51 PM
Post #45

Primavera
Group Icon

Both of you are correct in a way. But hell, Zaccardo isn't worth the trouble. He's just a bench warmer, not important about him.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 04:43 AM