han2503
post Oct 6 2014, 10:25 PM
Post #16

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 6 2014, 10:17 PM) *
How about we sell everyone and sign two decent CBs? That would be the best. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy.gif)

I think we have 2 more than decent ones (Alex and Mexes), Rami and Zapata are just okay, can be good on their day, horrible on others and then we have the lowest of lows (Bonera and Zaccardo)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Danny
post Oct 6 2014, 10:31 PM
Post #17

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,730

Zaccardo is a RB.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Oct 6 2014, 10:31 PM
Post #18

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 6 2014, 09:17 PM) *
How about we sell everyone and sign two decent CBs? That would be the best. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy.gif)

Well if we sell the whole team we'll get £15M and that's not enough for a good reserve defender.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Oct 6 2014, 11:32 PM
Post #19

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 7 2014, 12:25 AM) *
I think we have 2 more than decent ones (Alex and Mexes), Rami and Zapata are just okay, can be good on their day, horrible on others and then we have the lowest of lows (Bonera and Zaccardo)

Mexes is unaccountable I think. Best would be to sell Mexes and one of Rami/Zapata, then try sing someone with perspective and a bit more quality.

Mexes is clearly unwanted, he earns much and bring little on the plate. Unless we enter a complete overhaul, which won't happen I believe. Zapata and Rami both could achieve a solid market value or could be a bargaining chip.

Anyway, we have too many average/solid/good defenders in our sheet - but no real prospect or space for improvement.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 7 2014, 07:56 AM
Post #20

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Danny @ Oct 6 2014, 10:31 PM) *
Zaccardo is a RB.

Zaccardo hasn't been a RB since probably his Palermo days

He's been playing at CB for years now, certainly while he was at Parma. Sure he "can" play RB now but he's mostly used as a CB because he's painfully slow.

And the "can play" statement I would use loosely when talking about Zaccardo playing any position. Just an awful player and still do not understand why we even looked his way twice, let alone signed him to a long term deal

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 7 2014, 11:42 AM
Post #21

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

Yeah, Zaccardo is a CB nowadays.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Oct 7 2014, 11:58 AM
Post #22

Primavera
Group Icon

All in all, Zaccardo could be a striker as well, but he's no real use for us.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Oct 7 2014, 12:43 PM
Post #23

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 7 2014, 06:56 AM) *
Zaccardo hasn't been a RB since probably his Palermo days

He's been playing at CB for years now, certainly while he was at Parma. Sure he "can" play RB now but he's mostly used as a CB because he's painfully slow.

And the "can play" statement I would use loosely when talking about Zaccardo playing any position. Just an awful player and still do not understand why we even looked his way twice, let alone signed him to a long term deal

Squad depth, plain and simple.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 7 2014, 01:47 PM
Post #24

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Danny @ Oct 7 2014, 12:43 PM) *
Squad depth, plain and simple.

Really? Can it be classified as squad depth when you'd rather throw in a literal headless chicken instead of him?

I think our problem is we have too much "squad depth" and no real top quality.

Zaccardo in or out of the team won't make one iota of difference to our team during a season, I doubt he'll ever see the field this season anyway. I think keeping on Bonera for all these years is more than enough mediocre "squad depth"

+Quote Post

Danny
post Oct 7 2014, 03:30 PM
Post #25

Allievi Nazionali

When we signed him we had only one RB, Abate, and a lack of cover for CB - only had Bonera, Mexes, Silvestre Zapata, and Rami in total. A utility player for CB and RB in one was a handy player to have.

He did actually play one good match for us - in Genoa, 2-0 v Sampdoria. He was actually very good that day.

But that said we tried to get of him and he rejected it. So, we're stuck with him till his deal is over.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 7 2014, 03:38 PM
Post #26

I thought Zaccardo's contract expired in 2015, but it actually expires in 2016. What in god's name was Galliani thinking? We'll be stuck with him for the next two years. Money down the drain.

PS: It's funny how we sold Pirlo supposedly because we were only giving 1-year contracts to over 30 players yet we ended up giving a three year contract to a fucking dud such as Zaccardo.

This post has been edited by X-Offender: Oct 7 2014, 03:40 PM

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Oct 7 2014, 05:50 PM
Post #27

Primavera
Group Icon

We've already established all these points.

But is it really money down the drain? I don't think so. If it wasn't Zaccardo, it would be yet another player of pretty much the same potential and capabilities. Fact remains, Zaccardo isn't the problem; yes his contract is too long, but he's earning peanuts compared to other players who don't play or ain't good enough, yet have big ballast with their contracts.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Oct 7 2014, 06:32 PM
Post #28

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Oct 7 2014, 10:50 PM) *
Fact remains, Zaccardo isn't the problem; yes his contract is too long, but he's earning peanuts compared to other players who don't play or ain't good enough, yet have big ballast with their contracts.

For instance, a player whose name begins with the letter M? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post

Danny
post Oct 7 2014, 08:05 PM
Post #29

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 7 2014, 02:38 PM) *
I thought Zaccardo's contract expired in 2015, but it actually expires in 2016. What in god's name was Galliani thinking? We'll be stuck with him for the next two years. Money down the drain.

PS: It's funny how we sold Pirlo supposedly because we were only giving 1-year contracts to over 30 players yet we ended up giving a three year contract to a fucking dud such as Zaccardo.

We didn't sell Pirlo, we let him go on a free.

But while it's worked out very nicely for Juve, fact is he was in poor form for us inside the final 3 years of his time at San Siro.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 7 2014, 10:48 PM
Post #30

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Oct 7 2014, 05:50 PM) *
We've already established all these points.

But is it really money down the drain? I don't think so. If it wasn't Zaccardo, it would be yet another player of pretty much the same potential and capabilities. Fact remains, Zaccardo isn't the problem; yes his contract is too long, but he's earning peanuts compared to other players who don't play or ain't good enough, yet have big ballast with their contracts.

It shouldn't be anyone at all. Why have someone like Zaccardo? What purpose does he exactly fill? None. I don't care if he earns €800,000 per season. That's €1.6 million including taxes. We begged Rami to pay €450,000 out of his own pocket, yet we are willing to spend €1.6 million for a player who serves no purpose. It doesn't matter if his name is Zaccardo or Fred or Johnny. We shouldn't sign useless players who will warm the stands, not even the bench, every Sunday.

QUOTE (Danny @ Oct 7 2014, 08:05 PM) *
We didn't sell Pirlo, we let him go on a free.

You don't say! Please excuse my poor choice of words.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 12:01 PM