4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Were Milan right to reject Chelsea's reported £80m bid for Kaka?, 21/07/08 to 28/07/08

Were Milan right to reject Chelsea's reported £80m bid for Kaka?
Total Votes: 40

m1ke
post Jul 22 2008, 10:07 AM
Post #1

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Although Chelsea have denied it, their interest in Kaka has been evident for years and the sums of money being mentioned recently are not out of reach for Abramovic. Chelsea want Kaka, and seem to be prepared to offer obscene amounts of money to get him.

The recent arrival of Ronaldinho has only added fuel to the fire, with Kaka's personal assistant telling the press that Kaka would welcome the move. Were Milan right to reject such an offer? The club have reported debts of close to £30m due to lost Champions League revenue - the sale would see these wiped out and would leave a substantial amount left over for further re-enforcements this summer (most notably a new No.1).

How much would it take for you to hand Kaka over to Chelsea?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

m1ke
post Jul 22 2008, 10:43 AM
Post #2

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

One of the better Blog posts to come out of C4:

If Chelsea really want Kaka then they will need to offer the reported £100m to tempt Milan into a sale, argues Antonio Labbate.

Milan continue to maintain that Kaka is untouchable. Chelsea, for their part, insist that they’ve made no bid. But what if, hypothetically, the London club really did come in with an offer in excess of £100m for the Brazilian? The Italian outfit would surely have to consider it.

It certainly wouldn’t be an easy or popular decision to sacrifice Kaka, but it would make financial and footballing sense. Milan would obviously be losing a great, great player, but the fee received would potentially give them the sort of funds needed to significantly strengthen the side in other areas.

It’s no secret that this present Rossoneri incarnation is three star players short of being classed amongst the very strongest on the planet. They may have brought in Ronaldinho – and don’t we know it after their over-the-top San Siro presentation – but they still lack a quality centre-forward, a central defender and a goalkeeper.

The club have basically admitted to as much over the summer when they made moves for Fiorentina custodian Sebastien Frey and striker Emanuel Adebayor of Arsenal. Why did they fail to land the pair? Because they were frightened off by their, arguably inflated, asking prices. If only they had a spare £100m in the bank…

Juventus have shown in the past what making such a brave decision can lead to. In 2001 they accepted a world record £50m offer from Real Madrid for Zinedine Zidane, then used that as part of the total figure they spent in the same summer on Gigi Buffon, Lilian Thuram and Pavel Nedved.

Of course, you can justifiably argue that it’s irrelevant to compare the two Italian giants as Juventus were self-sufficient under the Triade reign. Then President Vittorio Chiusano said at the time: “It would have been a poor example of administration if we hadn’t sold him. Balance sheets have no emotion.”

Milan, on the other hand, are funded to a degree by Silvio Berlusconi’s personal fortune and run with sentiment. Just look at the number of veterans who are handed new contracts on a yearly basis and how many former players are integrated into the club, at some level, once they hang up their boots.

It’s for that reason that if Chelsea are serious about landing Kaka, then it is going to take a ‘silly’ offer of what is being suggested to prise him away from a club who clearly adore him. But no matter what bond joins the two, every player has his price. It just remains to be seen what Kaka’s is.

+Quote Post

weeeow
post Jul 22 2008, 10:46 AM
Post #3

Esordienti A 95

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 1,757

Kaka' is just our golden boy - he is priceless. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

And I beg him not to leave and do a sheva on us... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Jul 22 2008, 11:22 AM
Post #4

Primavera

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,265

Of course yes. selling Kaka right after signing Ronaldinho? that would cause a rebel in Milan, seriously. it doesn't matter how much money Chelsea offer. we just can't take this risk this year when we don't even know how well will Ronaldinho do for us.

+Quote Post

dst
post Jul 22 2008, 12:22 PM
Post #5

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 911

There is no question here.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Jul 22 2008, 12:27 PM
Post #6

Berretti

Member No.: 3,736

What dst said. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) Only sell Kaka when (and if) the player himself wants a change of atmosphere. He's mentioned countless times that he'll only leave when the club doesn't want him here. I can't see that happening before the year 2013, if not later.

+Quote Post

dst
post Jul 22 2008, 12:33 PM
Post #7

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

QUOTE (acid911 @ Jul 22 2008, 02:27 PM) *
What dst said. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) Only sell Kaka when (and if) the player himself wants a change of atmosphere. He's mentioned countless times that he'll only leave when the club doesn't want him here. I can't see that happening before the year 2013, if not later.

Actually, if we fail to win anything next season and a debt is created I can see Milan selling him. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif) I wish I'm wrong. Or better, I wish we win Serie A! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

misha
post Jul 22 2008, 12:42 PM
Post #8

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 787

Zidane was 29 back then. Kaka is 26, at his prime and a player who distinguishing Milan from other clubs. We might buy a few players with his transfer money but we'll lose that special something that no club has. To sell him now will be a huge mistake.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jul 22 2008, 05:30 PM
Post #9

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

Of course they were right to reject it.

Kaka is one of those special players that you just can't put a price on. If we do ever sell him it will be after he hits 30 like we did with Sheva and still be able to get a big sum on him. But right now it would be a mistake on the club's part to sell the player.

Milan have Silvio behind them if he really wanted he can provide the funds to not only wipe out the dept but also provide for the GK and CB, just like Abramovic does. Why he's not doing this anymore I don't know but the dept of the club doesn't striker me as much of a big issue as Galliani makes it out to be. A lot of other big clubs have dept that ours doesn't even begin to compare to

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jul 22 2008, 06:51 PM
Post #10

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

Yes. Kaka' is more valuable to us than £80m. Who exactly could you buy for £80m to replace him? The only better player on the planet right now is Ronaldo, and I don't want him here, he'd probably cost more anyway.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jul 22 2008, 07:24 PM
Post #11

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jul 22 2008, 05:51 PM) *
Yes. Kaka' is more valuable to us than £80m. Who exactly could you buy for £80m to replace him? The only better player on the planet right now is Ronaldo, and I don't want him here, he'd probably cost more anyway.

I don't think Ronaldo is better then Kaka and yes I am biased here but comparing both when they are at top form I don't think Ronaldo can touch Kaka. Kaka might not do a million step overs, he is direct and most importantly effective.

We can't compare both players from their performances of last season since Kaka was mostly playing through injury

This post has been edited by han2503: Jul 22 2008, 07:25 PM

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Jul 22 2008, 08:17 PM
Post #12

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (misha @ Jul 22 2008, 02:42 PM) *
Zidane was 29 back then. Kaka is 26, at his prime and a player who distinguishing Milan from other clubs. We might buy a few players with his transfer money but we'll lose that special something that no club has. To sell him now will be a huge mistake.

Yeah, I mean even if it would be a boost for the club's finances. Milan still need Kaka' for several reasons, apart from what he adds to the team; he fills the stadium up, he is a great marketing tool and is a very humble person for his stature.

If it was Silvio Berlusconi, he would only sell him when he has passed his peak (just like Sheva) .. But Milan as a club, might sell him for several reasons. Even if Milan wins the Scudetto, if the financial situation in Italy remains at the same pace (i.e. Debt is 10x GDP) who knows (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

+Quote Post

TriniKing_CE
post Jul 22 2008, 08:54 PM
Post #13

CrAzY EyeS

Member No.: 3,723

Who voted No??! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)

+Quote Post

acid911
post Jul 22 2008, 09:13 PM
Post #14

Berretti

Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Jul 23 2008, 12:54 AM) *
Who voted No??!

Yeah, who did? There was one member who voted no the last time I checked, and now there are three. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Either way Kaka is the face of Milan at the moment (even in Football management games), so it's best we keep him as long as he keeps living his usefulness. And then a few more years if he decides to sell his soul to us.

But selling Kaka for $$$ (or lack of it, thereof) makes no sense to me. Even if we do, I can't think of mixing and matching 2-3 world class players who'd weigh in more than what Kaka means to Milan as of right now. C. Ronaldo, Messi or Casilas come to mind, but they're untouchables. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) The rest don't add up, either due to their age or the fact that they are plain over-hyped.

Long story short, it's a big fat Yes from my end. Now is neither the time for it, nor the need. Thank you, please drive through.

+Quote Post

Habitant
post Jul 22 2008, 10:12 PM
Post #15

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3,763

when he turns 29 i'd sell him for 50m+ if the offer came around.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:42 AM