post Jun 6 2007, 11:56 AM
Post #1

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 911

Milan play down Eto’o bid
Wednesday 6 June, 2007

Milan have issued a statement insisting that Vice-President Adriano Galliani was misquoted when talking about Barcelona’s Samuel Eto’o.

The Rossoneri official admitted that the Cameroon star was a transfer objective, but the outfit are unhappy with reports on Wednesday which are suggesting that the deal is as good as done.

“There is no assault on Eto’o and no plans to ‘go there and get him’,” read a note posted on the club’s website.

“A prestigious club such as Barcelona deserves to know that Adriano Galliani was astonished this morning when he read in some daily papers phrases that have been attributed to him, but do not correspond with what was said.

“Eto’o is a Barcelona player. Milan will make an official approach to Barcelona when the Spanish League ends.

“However, there are no certainties that the great striker will eventually move to Milan as the Catalan club has the last word when it comes to selling or not.”

Galliani is seemingly keen to avoid the kind of confrontation he had with Real Madrid chief Ramon Calderon last summer after the Merengues openly courted Kaka through the media.

The club has also rubbished claims that Galliani said “are we crazy?” when asked about the possibility of swapping Alberto Gilardino with Juventus’ David Trezeguet.

“What Galliani actually said was: We have been in the world of football for many years and we know from experience that you do not exchange a player born in 1982 with one born in 1977,” ended the note.

channel4

I would post the actual thing from the official website but since they didn't bother to make a proper translation from Italian I won't bother posting their Babelfish thingy too... (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Portman
post Jun 6 2007, 12:03 PM
Post #2

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 347

As I said yesterday... let's see if Barcelona want to sell Eto'o or Ronaldinho. One of them is leaving for sure.

If it's Ronaldinho we've a better chance... as all know.

If it's Eto'o, if fear he prefers the EPL hype.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Jun 6 2007, 09:30 PM
Post #3

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

Only one thing is certain .. Milan will make Barcalona look like a yard sale.

+Quote Post

redbabies
post Jun 6 2007, 09:54 PM
Post #4

'the Duck'

Member No.: 144

I'm starting to get bored with all these rumours.

One day Dinho will come to us, the other day Henry, and after that Eto'o... and at the end I doubt any of them will come (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

+Quote Post

maldini03
post Jun 7 2007, 12:03 AM
Post #5

Esordienti A 95

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,029

Agreed^^^ (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 06:52 AM