> Serie A - Week 8 - Milan - Udinese, Date: 19/10/12 Time: 20:45 CET

han2503
post Oct 14 2013, 01:09 PM
Post #1

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

Important game to try and get back on track (not holding my breath)

Gazzetta have this atrocity of a predicted line-up for this one

Abbiati
Abate--Zaccardo--Zapata--Constant
Poli--Emanuelson--Muntari
Montolivo
Balotelli--Robinho

Knowing Allegri, they're not too far off

I can already imagine that defence... Zaccardo moving in slow motion, Zapata's head in the clouds and looking confused. No De Jong in midfield, Monto looking just as confused as Zapata behind the strikers...

Hey, at least we'll have Balo back diving around the penalty area and trying to get a free-kick or penalty (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Oct 14 2013, 01:19 PM
Post #2

Prima Squadra

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,660

Monto needs to perform or get dropped. He's meant to be a professional footballer with great technical ability, there's no "out of position" excuse for him, he's playing a few metres from his natural position FFS, if he can't receive a pass, find space or pass a ball properly then that's ridiculous.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Oct 14 2013, 04:00 PM
Post #3

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Oct 14 2013, 12:19 PM) *
Monto needs to perform or get dropped. He's meant to be a professional footballer with great technical ability, there's no "out of position" excuse for him, he's playing a few metres from his natural position FFS, if he can't receive a pass, find space or pass a ball properly then that's ridiculous.

You'd be amazed how shifting a few yards to a new position can totally uproot a player's form.

He's out of it, yes, but that's hugely due to being out of position. Most significant factor overall, for me, though is his captaincy.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 14 2013, 04:19 PM
Post #4

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Oct 14 2013, 01:19 PM) *

If you think the difference between being a CM and an AM is "playing a few metres out of position" then there's no point even going into it about it with you

QUOTE (Danny @ Oct 14 2013, 04:00 PM) *
You'd be amazed how shifting a few yards to a new position can totally uproot a player's form.

He's out of it, yes, but that's hugely due to being out of position. Most significant factor overall, for me, though is his captaincy.

He's not out of form, he was one of the best players for Italy just a few days ago with him being one of the most praised players by the Gazzetta journalists. He's "out of form" with Milan simply because the entire team is playing terrible and thus it's dragging everyone down. Add to that he's playing in a position where all his best attributes are not being put to good use and you have the performances we've been getting from him as of late.

The captaincy isn't an issue when it comes to his performances. I personally don't think he has the personality to be Milan captain but the captaincy itself has no baring here

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 14 2013, 04:42 PM
Post #5

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

Wait, what? Emanuelson as DM? Have Gazzetta gone insane? Anyway, it's still too early to predict line-ups.

+Quote Post

CrazyMilanFan
post Oct 14 2013, 07:54 PM
Post #6

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 3,873

heard kaka could make the bench for this

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Oct 14 2013, 08:55 PM
Post #7

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

What kind of omelette is that ! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/innocent.gif)

Gattuso-Pirlo-Seedorf
Kaka
inzaghi-Shevchenko (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

Snap.

+Quote Post

Jack Bauer
post Oct 14 2013, 10:55 PM
Post #8

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 6,705

Plus Dida, Cafu, Nesta, God and Serginho. Sigh.

This post has been edited by Jack Bauer: Oct 14 2013, 11:03 PM

+Quote Post

Ry4n
post Oct 15 2013, 12:32 AM
Post #9

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 932

QUOTE (Danny @ Oct 14 2013, 08:00 PM) *

Its a joke in itself that he is even captain. Abbiati should be.

+Quote Post

CrazyMilanFan
post Oct 15 2013, 06:37 AM
Post #10

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 3,873

QUOTE (Ry4n @ Oct 15 2013, 01:32 AM) *

Abbaiti should not be on the team ... Although i agree about montilovo

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 15 2013, 09:44 AM
Post #11

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Oct 15 2013, 08:37 AM) *
Abbaiti should not be on the team ...

Heh, true.

+Quote Post

Ry4n
post Oct 15 2013, 01:11 PM
Post #12

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 932

QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Oct 15 2013, 10:37 AM) *
Abbaiti should not be on the team ... Although i agree about montilovo

I agree with you there.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 15 2013, 02:37 PM
Post #13

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Ry4n @ Oct 15 2013, 12:32 AM) *

It's not a joke, last season he was one of the few who stepped up, he got it based on merit as when he was given the armband last season like against Juve for example he more than showed his worth as captain.

Abbiati is a joke himself. He's cost us points in 50% of our games this season and has made at least 1 mistake per game so far. He'll most likely be replaced in January so making him captain would be pointless

+Quote Post

Danny
post Oct 15 2013, 03:41 PM
Post #14

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 14 2013, 03:19 PM) *
He's not out of form, he was one of the best players for Italy just a few days ago with him being one of the most praised players by the Gazzetta journalists. He's "out of form" with Milan simply because the entire team is playing terrible and thus it's dragging everyone down. Add to that he's playing in a position where all his best attributes are not being put to good use and you have the performances we've been getting from him as of late.

The captaincy isn't an issue when it comes to his performances. I personally don't think he has the personality to be Milan captain but the captaincy itself has no baring here

1: He is 'out of form' when it comes to Milan. I don't really concern myself with Italy, so to me all I see is a pale shadow of the former Monto when it comes to AC. And I am also agreeing with you that it's how Milan are utilising him that's the cause. Along with...

2: The captaincy. Disagree. He hasn't earned it, and wasn't the right choice. You stand alone on your conviction that he isn't being affected by having it. Maybe half the reason he plays so much better for Italy right now is he doesn't have that weight on his shoulders when on national duty. You said it yourself, he's playing as a treq for the Azurri yet playing way better than he does for Milan.

3: I can't buy the 'whole team is rubbish so dragging him down' theory. How come SES played so well during our staggeringly dark period this time last season? Didn't he get dragged down too? And if you reply with the 'it affects different players differently' then that's a cop out.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Oct 15 2013, 03:42 PM
Post #15

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 15 2013, 01:37 PM) *
It's not a joke, last season he was one of the few who stepped up, he got it based on merit as when he was given the armband last season like against Juve for example he more than showed his worth as captain.

Abbiati is a joke himself. He's cost us points in 50% of our games this season and has made at least 1 mistake per game so far. He'll most likely be replaced in January so making him captain would be pointless

I believe being relieved unfairly of the captaincy has contributed to Abbiati's terrible season. That along with the quite pitiful defence in front of him.

+Quote Post

16 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:37 PM