han2503
post Oct 22 2013, 11:57 AM
Post #31

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Danny @ Oct 22 2013, 11:49 AM) *
You're robably right. So let us both pray we're wrong eh?

Meh, I think this is beyond praying
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 22 2013, 12:04 PM
Post #32

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

Kaka to start for Milan

Milan boss Massimiliano Allegri is expected to give Kaka a starting shirt in tonight’s Champions League game against Barcelona.

The summer signing from Real Madrid has only been limited to 88 minutes of Serie A action since his return to the club because of injury.

The Brazilian, however, will be unleashed against the Spanish giants according to various sources, including the Gazzetta dello Sport.

Allegri will reportedly go with a 4-3-3 formation which will see Valter Birsa and Robinho complete the attacking trident.

Milan probable: Amelia; Abate, Mexes, Zapata, Constant; Montolivo, De Jong, Muntari; Birsa, Robinho, Kaka.

Barcelona probable: Valdes; Alves, Pique, Mascherano, Adriano; Xavi, Busquets, Iniesta; Sanchez, Messi, Neymar.

It looks like my preferred line-up (minus Mintari) is going to be used.

Thankfully the ghost of Matri won't start. Robinho and Birsa will need to work their @sses of ala what SES and Prince did last season at home. They need to help the midfield out and form a 4-5-1 setup to help double up with the FBs or cover the spaces Muntari and Monto leave behind when they get dragged wide to help the FBs out

+Quote Post

acid911
post Oct 22 2013, 01:00 PM
Post #33

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 22 2013, 04:57 PM) *
Meh, I think this is beyond praying

(IMG:http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121125190313/theamazingworldofgumball/images/c/cc/Dafuq.gif)

Say what? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif) Nothing is beyond praying. And besides, we'll win this one easy, dude, if Barcelona plays its scardy game again. They almost always do when they come to San Siro, they are just intimidated by the occasion, the stadium and our history. If they do not take pressure, though, we will be lucky to get a draw.

I'm more confident in us getting a 2-0 win than UEFArcelona slotting 6 into our net. What do we have to lose, anyway?

+Quote Post

Danny
post Oct 22 2013, 01:29 PM
Post #34

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (acid911 @ Oct 22 2013, 12:00 PM) *
(IMG:http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121125190313/theamazingworldofgumball/images/c/cc/Dafuq.gif)

Say what? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif) Nothing is beyond praying. And besides, we'll win this one easy, dude, if Barcelona plays its scardy game again. They almost always do when they come to San Siro, they are just intimidated by the occasion, the stadium and our history. If they do not take pressure, though, we will be lucky to get a draw.

I'm more confident in us getting a 2-0 win than UEFArcelona slotting 6 into our net. What do we have to lose, anyway?

If we get a good attendance for this one and chant Meeeelaaaan a lot along with the other songs in our repertoire, it's possible we could intimidate them. Still can't see anything other than a loss though.

It's why they struggle at Parkhead.

Pity my Twitter TL is filled with Rangers fans talking about Celtic (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 22 2013, 01:31 PM
Post #35

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 22 2013, 01:06 PM) *
People have a common misconception of thinking Muntari is a "defensive" player, but that could not be more far from the truth. He spends more time level with the strikers than anyone else in that midfield, he's an idiot tactically and in everything else he does. I can only assume zed compared him to Seedorf because of their identical lazy jogging around.

He makes terrible passing decisions, doesn't help out his FB, shoots constantly, takes too much time on the ball and loses it countless times in a match, makes idiotic tackles and does not work hard for the team

Poli is more of a creative, passer type player but he also works his @ss off.

Poli works his @ss off, but he's also defensively better than Muntari. This is what bugs me the most. It's not the same as when we had Boateng and Allegri couldn't play him in midfield cos he was tactically undisciplined. Poli is a beast. He's the new Marchisio. He can do everything and anything, and playing him alongside Monto and De Jong is simply ideal.

F*ck Allegri and his idiotic decisions. When the f*ck will we finally see the back of this guy for good? Argh...

QUOTE (acid911 @ Oct 22 2013, 03:00 PM) *

Nice troll.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Oct 22 2013, 01:40 PM
Post #36

Allievi Nazionali

I had no idea Messi, Neymar, Iniesta and Xavi were all fit and would start.

We have less than zero chance of even drawing this.

+Quote Post

Linkman
post Oct 22 2013, 02:25 PM
Post #37

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 7,300

While I honestly don't see us winning, I'm hoping for a very dignified display. And maybe if we're lucky... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/innocent.gif)

+Quote Post

acid911
post Oct 22 2013, 02:28 PM
Post #38

Berretti

QUOTE (Danny @ Oct 22 2013, 06:29 PM) *
If we get a good attendance for this one and chant Meeeelaaaan a lot along with the other songs in our repertoire, it's possible we could intimidate them. Still can't see anything other than a loss though.

Yeah, I would actually have preferred Balo having a bigger say on proceedings. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) But I am fairly confident Allegri will be in his trademark mood today, and we will have the team play the same game they played against Barcelona home leg last time around, and against Juventus.

Winning or drawing this isn't in our hands, but it will come down to just how well Barcelona players settling into the match. If they are mentally intimated, we have a chance. And you have to consider, this isn't exactly a do or die, knockout match for either team. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) So even if the divers are briefly unsettled, it will be an even playing field.

And that brings me to the field thing, remember how they complained about the pitch last time around. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) And not to mention these other big clubs are (wrongly, at that) intimated by our glorious history. No one wants to be humiliated 0-4 at San Siro so they play at gear three or four max. Unless it's a high intensity knockout fixture.

Our team sheet is less than ideal, but my mood for the match is more than ideal. This isn't the same Barcelona of old, it's a dieing team. And besides, like I said, what do we have to lose? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) We have no chemistry, no tactics, no set game plan, no identity, no Balotelli, no DeScig, no ambition, no nothing!

I expect a slobber knocker, either way. The Barcelona players probably know they are in for a hard time from top to bottom - fans to pitch, that is. That's not to say they do not have the ability to rip us a new one, but the match is far from a foregone conclusion, my point being.

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 22 2013, 06:31 PM) *
Nice troll.

Why, thank you! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smoke.gif) It's all facts, figures and falsehood rolled into one sweet post.

+Quote Post

Linkman
post Oct 22 2013, 03:19 PM
Post #39

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 7,300

QUOTE (acid911 @ Oct 22 2013, 11:28 AM) *
Our team sheet is less than ideal, but my mood for the match is more than ideal.

Finally! That's the spirit! Forza Milan!

Facts in order to get pumped up:

- We have yet to lose in this edition of the UCL.
- Barcelona just dropped points last weekend, while we had a blistering victory.
- We have Kaká back!
- Victor Valdés is a liability!
- Messi is reported to be a giant douche in the dressing room and there's a chance Neymar might injure him on purpose.
- Xavi is already 33 years old. He just can't compete physically with the likes of Muntari.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/innocent.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/devilsmiley.gif)

This post has been edited by Linkman: Oct 22 2013, 03:45 PM

+Quote Post

Danny
post Oct 22 2013, 03:51 PM
Post #40

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (acid911 @ Oct 22 2013, 01:28 PM) *
Yeah, I would actually have preferred Balo having a bigger say on proceedings. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) But I am fairly confident Allegri will be in his trademark mood today, and we will have the team play the same game they played against Barcelona home leg last time around, and against Juventus.

What's the state of play with Mario anyway? How serious is his injury?

Winning or drawing this isn't in our hands, but it will come down to just how well Barcelona players settling into the match. If they are mentally intimated, we have a chance. And you have to consider, this isn't exactly a do or die, knockout match for either team. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) So even if the divers are briefly unsettled, it will be an even playing field.

And that brings me to the field thing, remember how they complained about the pitch last time around. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) And not to mention these other big clubs are (wrongly, at that) intimated by our glorious history. No one wants to be humiliated 0-4 at San Siro so they play at gear three or four max. Unless it's a high intensity knockout fixture.

Barca have previous for bitching about pitches, stadiums, tactics - when they lose or draw, of course. When they win there's not a word...

Our team sheet is less than ideal, but my mood for the match is more than ideal. This isn't the same Barcelona of old, it's a dieing team. And besides, like I said, what do we have to lose? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) We have no chemistry, no tactics, no set game plan, no identity, no Balotelli, no DeScig, no ambition, no nothing!

It's not the Barca of old, but they have got the magic trio tonight plus the increasingly mercurial Neymar. Truth is they're not really any worse, it's just they get figured out more. Still stuck 4 easily enough past Ajax, and top of their league with only 2 dropped points. It's not so much they're worse than they used to be, it's more than the rest of Europe, Bayern especially, caught up, went past, you name it.

I expect a slobber knocker, either way. The Barcelona players probably know they are in for a hard time from top to bottom - fans to pitch, that is. That's not to say they do not have the ability to rip us a new one, but the match is far from a foregone conclusion, my point being.

Your optimism refreshes and cleanses me like a babbling mountain stream, brother.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Oct 22 2013, 04:08 PM
Post #41

Berretti

QUOTE (Linkman @ Oct 22 2013, 08:19 PM) *
Finally! That's the spirit! Forza Milan!

Cheers, pal. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/friends.gif) Die trying, if not, then die laughing, that's my motto!

+Quote Post

acid911
post Oct 22 2013, 04:14 PM
Post #42

Berretti

QUOTE (Danny @ Oct 22 2013, 08:51 PM) *
Your optimism refreshes and cleanses me like a babbling mountain stream, brother.

Cheers, my man! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/king.gif) Hope for a quality hour and half later today, it not a good time. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/devil.gif) The only thing that would disappoint me would be a lack of effort from our players. If I see that, if I see the desire, then all is forgiven. I'm keeping an eye out for a 0-3 drubbing, as much as I am looking forward to a 3-1 win.

Because, really, if you're not enjoying it, then what's the point? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) Same goes for everything in life!

+Quote Post

Ry4n
post Oct 22 2013, 04:33 PM
Post #43

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 932

It's going to be a special night hopefully we can grab a draw a win would be a dream though unlikely but its football its why we watch it.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Oct 22 2013, 06:51 PM
Post #44

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

Playing without a striker against Barca? It's like we want them to win.

+Quote Post

TriniKing_CE
post Oct 22 2013, 06:52 PM
Post #45

CrAzY EyeS

Member No.: 3,723

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:34 PM