han2503
post Jan 26 2021, 11:02 PM
Post #1336

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Danny @ Jan 26 2021, 10:59 PM) *
The non red for Ibra changed this. We would have won this one if he'd not been hauled off after he himself got bloody fouled.

But that bangs on about my point re: Juve - we always fall at Juve and Inter mentally, if we don't have Ibra.

Well we didn't have Ibra literally as we were left a man down.

A soft penalty and a great free-kick, not much you can do about either.

For me, the big mental test is not this. As I have been harping on and on about, what matters is how we respond on the weekend. If that goes badly for some reason, then we can start hitting the panic button

A bad outing to Atalanta and a handicapped showing in the Coppa against Inter should not be our barometer.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jan 26 2021, 11:03 PM
Post #1337

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

Tatarusanu - Fantastic performance, shame about the goal at the end.

Dalot - Mesbah level.

Kjaer - Best until the injury.

Tomori - Did fairly OK for his first game, but the guy sure loves to press high up the pitch.

Romagnoli - Probably the best along with goalie.

Hernandez - The nth mediocre performance of this season.

Meite - Give me Krunic back.

Kessie - I agree with Han, he was doing the work of 2 players as Meite was inexistent. Still rather shaky performance. Deserves to rest.

Saelemaekers - Rather anonymous performance.

Brahim - Read above.

Leao - He tried but he's too isolated.

Zlatan - Nothing much except a decent goal.

Rebic - Whoa, looked like some Sunday league player there. Is he that out of shape?

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jan 26 2021, 11:10 PM
Post #1338

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 26 2021, 11:03 PM) *
Tatarusanu - Fantastic performance, shame about the goal at the end.

Dalot - Mesbah level.

Kjaer - Best until the injury.

Tomori - Did fairly OK for his first game, but the guy sure loves to press high up the pitch.

Romagnoli - Probably the best along with goalie.

Hernandez - The nth mediocre performance of this season.

Meite - Give me Krunic back.

Kessie - I agree with Han, he was doing the work of 2 players as Meite was inexistent. Still rather shaky performance. Deserves to rest.

Saelemaekers - Rather anonymous performance.

Brahim - Read above.

Leao - He tried but he's too isolated.

Zlatan - Nothing much except a decent goal.

Rebic - Whoa, looked like some Sunday league player there. Is he that out of shape?

This list above gives you a clear picture of what we were dealing with while Conte had a fully fit side with the deepest squad in the league at his disposal, yet they kept relying on their whinging to the ref to get something.

Meite and Brahim were the biggest issues. Brahim is too lightweight against these types of teams, and if Inter have anything it's their physicality while Meite, who should be a heavy hitter in there was even more timid than Diaz, who at least runs around and makes a nuisance of himself by putting pressure on opposing players. When Kessie was made to do all the work here, we lost the midfield battle before a whistle was kicked.

Then you had players like Saelemakers and Rebic who clearly are out of shape. Rebic just came back from Covid, it could have effected him more than others. Probably wasn't asymptomatic, which is worrying as Hakan apparently struggled with it as well. The defence was okay, especially when having to deal with a change early on and bringing in someone who has never played with the team before.

For me, this game was changed the instant Ibra got that 2nd yellow. And you might say that we were terrible before than, but I disagree. We had the game relatively under control with Inter barely creating much of anything before then. Pioli obviously had no real options on the bench besides an unfit Rebic and Krunic.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jan 26 2021, 11:11 PM
Post #1339

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 26 2021, 11:02 PM) *
Well we didn't have Ibra literally as we were left a man down.

A soft penalty and a great free-kick, not much you can do about either.

For me, the big mental test is not this. As I have been harping on and on about, what matters is how we respond on the weekend. If that goes badly for some reason, then we can start hitting the panic button

A bad outing to Atalanta and a handicapped showing in the Coppa against Inter should not be our barometer.

Don't disagree with much in here but my point still stands. We always fall at Juve and Inter, or certainly more times than we don't, if we don't have Ibra. He's such a winner. Whether it's Coppa, Serie A or the tiddlywinks world cup, this team isn't a winner yet. Not mentally.

I thought we were pretty in control of this match till we lost him. It's not how much pressure you have or how many shots you get, it's how many goals you score. And like you say, a soft pen (was stupid from Leao) and a worldie free kick was how they scored twice against a Milan side ultimately down to 10 men.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jan 26 2021, 11:11 PM
Post #1340

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

Ps I was impressed by Tomori but I already know he's a fine defender.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jan 26 2021, 11:13 PM
Post #1341

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Let's see who we're able to recover for the weekend

We have 3 very winnable games before we have to face these miserable whiny b!tches again in the league. So the goal should be to get max points. I really don't care about today, what we did not need is a 2 legged semi against Juve to top things off

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jan 26 2021, 11:16 PM
Post #1342

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Danny @ Jan 26 2021, 11:11 PM) *
Don't disagree with much in here but my point still stands. We always fall at Juve and Inter, or certainly more times than we don't, if we don't have Ibra. He's such a winner. Whether it's Coppa, Serie A or the tiddlywinks world cup, this team isn't a winner yet. Not mentally.

I thought we were pretty in control of this match till we lost him. It's not how much pressure you have or how many shots you get, it's how many goals you score. And like you say, a soft pen (was stupid from Leao) and a worldie free kick was how they scored twice against a Milan side ultimately down to 10 men.

This.

Agreed totally, I really don't remember a really good chance they created before that moment.

The pen and the sending off were both bad calls. Leao was stupid but Barella was already practically on the floor by himself before Leao touched his foot. But it's us who are lucky this season (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) Yeah righ, we haven't had this much bad luck with calls and injuries since probably 11/12

Regarding mentality. For me it's not that cut and dry, we've proven we can win without Ibra this season. We've been terribly unlucky against both Inter and Juve these past few weeks. With both calls and personnel availability

I just was to see us bounce back from this ASAP

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jan 26 2021, 11:21 PM
Post #1343

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

btw, the foul that earned the free-kick for the winner

https://twitter.com/i/status/1354190117330685954

Another piece of BS. I swear, all Inter did was whine to the ref and dive. They've always been a terribly annoying team but Conte makes them unbearable

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jan 26 2021, 11:54 PM
Post #1344

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 26 2021, 11:21 PM) *
btw, the foul that earned the free-kick for the winner

https://twitter.com/i/status/1354190117330685954

Another piece of BS. I swear, all Inter did was whine to the ref and dive. They've always been a terribly annoying team but Conte makes them unbearable

I think Meiete touches him but you can't see it clearly from that clip. Could be wrong, though.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jan 27 2021, 12:04 AM
Post #1345

We looked completely disjointed.

Dalot being Mesbah 2.0 and Theo having one of his usual nights off meant zero support from the flanks. Meite taking a nap for the whole match and Brahim being rather anonymous meant zero control in midfield. Leao played for himself, and Zlatan can't be the Zlatan from the 10 years ago. It was a mess.

We need Bennacer and Hakan back, Rebic in top shape and guys like Theo and Saelemaekers to step up their game like in the second half of last season if we wanna win that goddamn scudetto.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Jan 27 2021, 09:21 AM
Post #1346

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

Milan did well in this game..

The GKeeper was surprisingly impressive.

The new defender was superb as a debutant in a knock out derby.

Meite is no good, his fouls are hiddious and unapologetic. That said he has yet to get into the groove of the team.

Hernandez was on point on the left, canceling out most of the threat that came down that flank.

Zlatan will always be Zlatan, kudus to him in scoring a brilliant goal.

Roma was brilliant to keep Lukaku at bay.

Kessie was a midfield general.

Diaz did his utmost, but was crowded out and closed down too soon to do anything meaningful.

I think the team did its maximum today, missing Cala and Bennacer might have changed the final outcome. But I am proud of the boys out there.

Now bring on Bologna.

This post has been edited by Rossoneri7: Jan 27 2021, 09:22 AM

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Jan 27 2021, 10:56 AM
Post #1347

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 27 2021, 01:54 AM) *
I think Meiete touches him but you can't see it clearly from that clip. Could be wrong, though.

Yes, I also think Meite made a contact.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jan 27 2021, 11:46 PM
Post #1348

Diaz, Kjaer and Tonali out injured. The latter might recover, but Diaz will definitely miss the Bologna game and Kjaer might be out 2-3 weeks at least (thankfully we signed Tomori for that).

But man, just as we're recovering a few key players, we go and lose 2-3 in a row.

Bennacer should be back for Bologna and Mediaset even has him starting (doubt it), whereas Maldini might start as AM.

I think Pioli could play 4-2-4, with Kessie and Meite in the double pivot, Rebic and Saelemaekers on the flanks and Leao-Ibra in attack. At least with Rebic and Saele you know you're getting a lot of hard work and backtracking.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Jan 28 2021, 09:35 AM
Post #1349

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

Missing out on Tonali won't be a problem cause he's been consistently horrible lately, especially in his last showing.

The Bologna's of this world are ideal clubs for Diaz, and especially since Hakan hasn't returned yet, well miss him.

Is there something with our training programe going on or what? We used to talk about Allegri and his regime causing problems and injuries. Could that be the case here? Because this is almost unbearable now. Especially players who recuperated for 2-3 times already and then got injured again (like Zlatan, Bennacer, Tonali,...).

+Quote Post

William405
post Jan 28 2021, 02:59 PM
Post #1350

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,239

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jan 28 2021, 11:35 AM) *
Missing out on Tonali won't be a problem cause he's been consistently horrible lately, especially in his last showing.

The Bologna's of this world are ideal clubs for Diaz, and especially since Hakan hasn't returned yet, well miss him.

Is there something with our training programe going on or what? We used to talk about Allegri and his regime causing problems and injuries. Could that be the case here? Because this is almost unbearable now. Especially players who recuperated for 2-3 times already and then got injured again (like Zlatan, Bennacer, Tonali,...).

I think it's the congested schedule this year. But, I agree the staff should adapt to that.

+Quote Post

157 Pages V  « < 88 89 90 91 92 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:03 AM