> Serie A - Week 16 Onwards, Milan - SPAL

X-Offender
post Dec 25 2018, 03:20 PM
Post #16

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Dec 24 2018, 12:50 PM) *
And this has to do with tactics and preparation mostly. I understand that with Bonaventura gone we lack creativity, but that's only part of the problem.

Bonaventura has been bad for two years now. His absence is not a justification.

Creativity is a major issue, yes. But like you said, tactics, preparation, mentality, these are things distilled by the coach. I keep repeating myself, but Gattuso is just not up to it. He's not a bad coach, but not a good one either, especially for a top club like Milan.

We need an established coach. Can't believe that we haven't had one since Ancelotti left in 2009.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Dec 26 2018, 12:33 PM
Post #17

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

Top club like Milan? Milan ain’t no top club anymore...

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Dec 26 2018, 02:38 PM
Post #18

Primavera
Group Icon

Frosinone-Milan 0:0

Embarrassing on all accounts. Goodbye Rino.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Dec 26 2018, 03:16 PM
Post #19

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

From bad to worse it seems.

Didn't watch as I had to go out but I'm glad I didn't bother. Rino has reached the limit of what he is capable of doing with what he has, any coach would struggle under such circumstances, but some of his decisions are certainly not helping our cause

All these injuries were bound to start really effecting the results. Our January purchases need to be pitch perfect. And with Ibra no longer an option and Fabregas looking far from a sure thing, I'm not so sure we can pull a good mercato off at this point either

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Dec 26 2018, 05:26 PM
Post #20

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

Looks like Ringo will be axed soon. Here we go again.

As for the market, Milan had just been fired by UEFA for breach of FFP. What market are you talking about? Ibra was supposed to come, but due to FFP Milan had to pull out.

Any new comers means some will be sold first. That's reality.

+Quote Post

maldini03
post Dec 26 2018, 08:29 PM
Post #21

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 2,029

I have been a stark defender of Rino up until now but after today I think he needs to go. We haven't scored a goal in 4 games and the opposition has hardly been impressive. We need to bring in a coach who can elevate us to the next level and we need to test the market to bring in some players who can bring creativity.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Dec 28 2018, 09:41 PM
Post #22

Primavera
Group Icon

Rino should be long gone, but fact is - we are going nowhere.

With UEFA sanctioning us we are tied and it seems we've entered a never ending circle. Just read what Leonardo said few hours ago - the mercato will be like in the old days, cheap and disappointing. Not because we lack ideas, but because of the financial restraints. So is the choice of Gattuso's replacement. It could be Donadoni, Blanc or some other second-rate option. We'll most probably miss out of the 4th spot; Higuain, Bakayoko and perhaps Suso will leave, we will once again try out players past their prime or gamble with youngsters - and we're back to square one.

I'm really losing hope that Milan has a bright future.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Dec 28 2018, 09:55 PM
Post #23

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Dec 28 2018, 09:41 PM) *
Rino should be long gone, but fact is - we are going nowhere.

With UEFA sanctioning us we are tied and it seems we've entered a never ending circle. Just read what Leonardo said few hours ago - the mercato will be like in the old days, cheap and disappointing. Not because we lack ideas, but because of the financial restraints. So is the choice of Gattuso's replacement. It could be Donadoni, Blanc or some other second-rate option. We'll most probably miss out of the 4th spot; Higuain, Bakayoko and perhaps Suso will leave, we will once again try out players past their prime or gamble with youngsters - and we're back to square one.

I'm really losing hope that Milan has a bright future.

Hmmm, I don't see it as dark as you do. First of all, Leonardo was referring to the January mercato, which makes sense.

Secondly, we cannot miss the 4th spot. We've been plagued by injuries and a terrible form, yet we're only 3 points away. With Paqueta, possibly Fabregas (his agent said today he will rescind with Chelsea), and another signing in attack we have all it takes to be in the Champions League next season. Lazio and Roma are no real threats, unless we let them.

Yes, Gattuso is by no means the right coach for us. That is a problem that our management needs to understand.

By the way, Borini's agent traveled to Hong Kong today to meet with Shenzen FC who are offering 10-12 million to sign. Can you believe that? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Dec 29 2018, 12:40 AM
Post #24

Primavera
Group Icon

This team has no chance of getting 4th. Roma and Lazio faced hiccups but still have the upper hand. We had the chance to build a considerable advantage but squandered everything against the likes of Torino, Bologna and Frosinone. SPAL could be next... No, sorry. Even with our best (on paper) players like Higuain and Suso on field we managed nothing and the injury crisis isn't a big enough excuse.

It will be a miracle if we reach 4th place. But all hope lies on this chore, and who do we have to achieve it: Gattuso, or perhaps yet another past Milan rookie player who wants to succeed Rino like Pippo, Brocchi and Seedorf before? Or Donadoni, who never once in his career managed to stir a team to 4th place? Or Blanc and Wenger, complete strangers to Italian football and Serie A? And this sorry excuse of a team without leadership, without heart and without soul? Sorry, I honestly doubt 4th place is achievable. Dzeko will be back, Roma will recuperate. Perhpas Lazio will stumble, but it's a big question mark.

Anyway, what if we don't make 4th spot? The endless loop continues.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Dec 29 2018, 05:03 AM
Post #25

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Dec 29 2018, 03:40 AM) *
This team has no chance of getting 4th. Roma and Lazio faced hiccups but still have the upper hand. We had the chance to build a considerable advantage but squandered everything against the likes of Torino, Bologna and Frosinone. SPAL could be next... No, sorry. Even with our best (on paper) players like Higuain and Suso on field we managed nothing and the injury crisis isn't a big enough excuse.

It will be a miracle if we reach 4th place. But all hope lies on this chore, and who do we have to achieve it: Gattuso, or perhaps yet another past Milan rookie player who wants to succeed Rino like Pippo, Brocchi and Seedorf before? Or Donadoni, who never once in his career managed to stir a team to 4th place? Or Blanc and Wenger, complete strangers to Italian football and Serie A? And this sorry excuse of a team without leadership, without heart and without soul? Sorry, I honestly doubt 4th place is achievable. Dzeko will be back, Roma will recuperate. Perhpas Lazio will stumble, but it's a big question mark.

So Pippo, FFP has put Milan in handcuffs? Doesn’t this resemble the situation Galliani was in?

If Milan manage to secure 4th place and UEFA extends the breakeven deadline for Milan, the game would change a bit. Milan would be able to make proper signings to improve the team.

Once again, its not rocket science this has been going on since FFP kicked in. How serious? Well just this summer Milan was kicked out of Europe for Li’s extravagant spending (mediocre when compared to the spending Silvio did to make Milan what it was).

P.S. Iv said this years ago, yet here we are again. Oh and on top of that, both Leo and Maldini back Ringo. So he isn't going anywhere either.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Dec 29 2018, 05:56 PM
Post #26

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Dec 29 2018, 12:40 AM) *

Mark my words, we’ll be in the Champions League next season. We just needs those 2-3 signings in January to give us that extra boost.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Dec 29 2018, 08:51 PM
Post #27

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 29 2018, 05:56 PM) *
Mark my words, we’ll be in the Champions League next season. We just needs those 2-3 signings in January to give us that extra boost.

Let's hope so, if those signings aren't made I can't see how we'll manage to limp along to a 4th place finish at this point

Rino is a question mark for me atm. I don't think he's been as bad as some have made him out to be considering the massive injury crises he's had to deal with

+Quote Post

CHU-LIP
post Dec 30 2018, 04:32 PM
Post #28

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 7,230

Milan should 'save' their season, and end 4th. Otherwise it would be a massive disappointment. Gattuso should be fired.

Nonetheless, I did like the duo sub. When I saw Calabria and Cutrone ready to sub in, it were the exact two I wanted to see subbed off. I thought a Cutrone Higuaín pairing would be what Milan needed, and it immediatly paid off. Even though Suso and Hakan lack effiency in their finishing, they were the right ones to stay on field to play on the sides.

I feel like Milan lacks some certain spirit, and needs changes. Beginnging of the season I liked their play more being leaning to tiki taka, but was still very vulnerable and therefore fawlthy. What I see now, is simply worse.

Most creativity (and general threat) came from Suso, but I feel like that's not enough. Before Cutrone subbed in, I felt like Higauín was playing on an island. I am sadly not surprised Higuaín having had a long dry spell at Milan.

Bakayoko made some errors. It are errors like these I hope Milan makes less, once they have better spirit and energy.

I am impresed with Petagna his strength and body play, what a beast!

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Dec 31 2018, 11:28 AM
Post #29

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 29 2018, 07:56 PM) *

It is questionable however if Milan will make any quality signings this January bar Paqueta.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Jan 12 2019, 07:58 PM
Post #30

Primavera
Group Icon

Milan under Gattuso... no chance of scoring goals.

Another half-blooded game.

+Quote Post

27 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:38 PM