han2503
post Aug 24 2017, 09:50 PM
Post #61

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 24 2017, 09:41 PM) *
And so it should. That's the sort of pressure you get playing at a club like Milan. It should be Cutrone feeling the bite of 60M worth of striking talent he's up against, but he isn't because he's delivering.

I like Silva more than I did but I'm not convinced by him. I also think we overpaid for him.

First off, why do you keep mentioning 60m? Silva cost us 38m

Also, Cutrone is playing without a single pressure out there, he came through the youth system, cost the club nothing, and has zero pressure on him from anyone to deliver. There's no need for him to feel any heat as there isn't any

Silva has impressed me a lot, his end product needs a bit of work still, but his work rate, movement, dribbling and hold up are all very impressive. He probably does feel pressure, he's playing for a starting spot, while I feel like Cutrone is mostly just enjoying the moment right now, you can see that in how at ease he is with everything

Silva had like 2 half decent balls come at him all game long, I'd be frustrated too if I didn't play at the weekend when all the better players were on the pitch and then work my @ss off to get into great positions and no one gives me the ball because they're incapable of seeing my runs

QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 24 2017, 09:42 PM) *
PS was Romagnoli injured?

Probably taken off to avoid it. Montella probably just wanted to give him a run out, see how his knee holds up
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Forza Milan!
post Aug 24 2017, 09:55 PM
Post #62

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 12,353

QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Aug 24 2017, 03:27 PM) *
All the league games and EL games from group stage on will be televised here in the US (RAI or BeIn Sports for Serie A and ESPN for EL). I have only had to resort to bad streams for the EL qualifiers, which have not been televised.

BeIn is pretty awful in the US - it's more like the Barca/Madrid channel, with occasional crumbs elsewhere. I tend to watch the games on RAI if I have an option. Much better commentary.

Out of curiosity, where do you get RAI? I get BeIn at home and coverage is OK but not great

+Quote Post

Fishdoll
post Aug 24 2017, 10:02 PM
Post #63

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 7,075

QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ Aug 24 2017, 04:55 PM) *
Out of curiosity, where do you get RAI? I get BeIn at home and coverage is OK but not great

It's offered as a separate add on by my cable provider. It's not regular RAI - but RAI international. Costs me $9/month

It shows a lot of the regular programs - Il Posto al Sole and Domenico Sportiva - but not the full RAI programming you'd get in Italy (e.g. no Gomorra reruns, though Gomorra WAS shown on Sundance channel).

It also shows both Saturday games and the Sunday games. Those with moreo than one game at a time focus on a main game but cut to others realtime if there's a goal.

This post has been edited by Fishdoll: Aug 24 2017, 10:05 PM

+Quote Post

Danny
post Aug 24 2017, 10:15 PM
Post #64

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 24 2017, 09:50 PM) *
First off, why do you keep mentioning 60m? Silva cost us 38m

Yes, and Kalinic cost us 20M? Add the two you get 60M? And I didn't keep mentioning it, only mentioned it once?

Also, Cutrone is playing without a single pressure out there, he came through the youth system, cost the club nothing, and has zero pressure on him from anyone to deliver. There's no need for him to feel any heat as there isn't any

Silva has impressed me a lot, his end product needs a bit of work still, but his work rate, movement, dribbling and hold up are all very impressive. He probably does feel pressure, he's playing for a starting spot, while I feel like Cutrone is mostly just enjoying the moment right now, you can see that in how at ease he is with everything

Silva had like 2 half decent balls come at him all game long, I'd be frustrated too if I didn't play at the weekend when all the better players were on the pitch and then work my @ss off to get into great positions and no one gives me the ball because they're incapable of seeing my runs

I don't buy any of this. You're either good enough or you're not. You can't say Cutrone is not under pressure and then dismiss other youth players' substandard play as being under it - EVERYONE at this club is under pressure, and if they don't deliver they don't play. Or shouldn't.

Cutrone is not in a position others have not been in or are are not in. He's just a bloody good player. End of.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Aug 24 2017, 10:18 PM
Post #65

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 24 2017, 09:43 PM) *
Are you sure we played 4-4-2 in the second half? I think we played 3-5-2 the entire game, only Calabria took Romagnoli's spot in the second half. That's the impression I got anyway.

It was a mess.

But it looked very much to me like:

Abate, Zapata, Bonucci, Calabria

It did change around a bit, but when there were clear attacks at us the four were pretty obvious in a bank if shittily organised and not in a good line.

But you could be right and it was an even worse organised 3-5-2 still!

+Quote Post

Danny
post Aug 24 2017, 10:19 PM
Post #66

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 24 2017, 09:44 PM) *
No, I just think 45 minutes was the max he could play given how long he's been inactive.

Well it and he looked good in that first half. I liked it.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Aug 25 2017, 12:36 PM
Post #67

Allievi Nazionali

Ok the place is dead!

We got literally the most crappy boring draw. Group D.

Austria Vienna, Rijek or something (Croatia) and AEK Athens.

We should sleep walk through this group with our eyes closed - beyond a winnable group.

Pasted this in here too.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 25 2017, 03:27 PM
Post #68

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 24 2017, 10:15 PM) *
Yes, and Kalinic cost us 20M? Add the two you get 60M? And I didn't keep mentioning it, only mentioned it once?

I don't buy any of this. You're either good enough or you're not. You can't say Cutrone is not under pressure and then dismiss other youth players' substandard play as being under it - EVERYONE at this club is under pressure, and if they don't deliver they don't play. Or shouldn't.

Cutrone is not in a position others have not been in or are are not in. He's just a bloody good player. End of.

You mentioned in the Others section how we paid his release clause (which was 60m) and we didn't

Anyway, you're taking this Cutrone thing a bit too far, just like what people (not you) did with Loca last season. Yes, Cutrone is playing without pressure. The other kids are just not good enough imo, I'm not saying that Cutrone isn't good, because he is imo a very good talent. both Calabria and Locatelli last season started on hot streaks, and when people started to pin expectations on them they started to slip up. Locatelli last season was more free in the way he played, he literally took Monto's spot and made it his own (before Monto even got injured), then in the second part of the season when Monto wasn't available and people started to expect things of him he wasn't as good.

With Silva the situation is different, he has a huge price tag to carry around, which isn't his fault, and yesterday was a frustrating game to play in when they players around you keep stumbling over themselves. The only really good ball that was played into the strikers yesterday was Loca's assist for Cutrone, the rest was a nightmare. And when you spend 90 minutes busting your @ss off, to try to score and no one is even seeing your runs, of course you're going to get frustrated

QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 25 2017, 12:36 PM) *
Ok the place is dead!

We got literally the most crappy boring draw. Group D.

Austria Vienna, Rijek or something (Croatia) and AEK Athens.

We should sleep walk through this group with our eyes closed - beyond a winnable group.

Pasted this in here too.

Hmm, the only team I know is AEK and that's because we played them in the 06/07 CL groups stages on our way to winning the competition. don't know much of anything about the other teams. Anyone have any plans of going to the away games because they live close?

+Quote Post

Danny
post Aug 26 2017, 01:46 AM
Post #69

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 25 2017, 03:27 PM) *
You mentioned in the Others section how we paid his release clause (which was 60m) and we didn't

His release clause was 40M as I understood it. So no, I didn't say 60M.

Anyway, you're taking this Cutrone thing a bit too far, just like what people (not you) did with Loca last season. Yes, Cutrone is playing without pressure. The other kids are just not good enough imo, I'm not saying that Cutrone isn't good, because he is imo a very good talent. both Calabria and Locatelli last season started on hot streaks, and when people started to pin expectations on them they started to slip up. Locatelli last season was more free in the way he played, he literally took Monto's spot and made it his own (before Monto even got injured), then in the second part of the season when Monto wasn't available and people started to expect things of him he wasn't as good.

Care to account for Donnarumma then?

With Silva the situation is different, he has a huge price tag to carry around, which isn't his fault, and yesterday was a frustrating game to play in when they players around you keep stumbling over themselves. The only really good ball that was played into the strikers yesterday was Loca's assist for Cutrone, the rest was a nightmare. And when you spend 90 minutes busting your @ss off, to try to score and no one is even seeing your runs, of course you're going to get frustrated

Yet they see Cutrone's? Come on.

Hmm, the only team I know is AEK and that's because we played them in the 06/07 CL groups stages on our way to winning the competition. don't know much of anything about the other teams. Anyone have any plans of going to the away games because they live close?

There are a few notable teams in Austria - Vienna, Sturm Graz, Rapid, and Salzburg. We got Austria. Obviously. No idea who the Croats are. But I'm very familiar with AEK. Historically anyway. I couldn't tell you a thing about them today.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Aug 26 2017, 08:31 AM
Post #70

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 26 2017, 03:46 AM) *
There are a few notable teams in Austria - Vienna, Sturm Graz, Rapid, and Salzburg. We got Austria. Obviously. No idea who the Croats are. But I'm very familiar with AEK. Historically anyway. I couldn't tell you a thing about them today.

Which team is Vienna Danny? I think you got confused a bit. Vienna (=Wien) has two (in fact more, but two important) teams: Rapid Wien and Austria Wien. Historically speaking you are right, Rapid, Austria, Salzburg and Sturm Graz are all notable teams. However, Austria Wien this season shouldn't be a care for us. Rijeka is the defending Croatian champion and a very cohesive and defensive team. All will depend on how soon we'll score because it's a team that builds momentum on holding on as long as possible.

All in all, we should do well in this group with a rotated B-side squad.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Aug 26 2017, 11:08 AM
Post #71

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 26 2017, 08:31 AM) *
Which team is Vienna Danny? I think you got confused a bit. Vienna (=Wien) has two (in fact more, but two important) teams: Rapid Wien and Austria Wien.

No, not confused, just didn't word it precisely enough. Trust me, I know the teams in Austria. When I said Vienna, I meant Austria. In the way Verona are considered 'Chievo', rather than their city rivals HV. Kinda like we're Milan, and they're Inter.

And you're right, Wien is the Austrian German for 'Vienna'. I just wasn't wanting to be pretentious, for once, by giving the exact dialects.

Yes, Vienna has two teams - Rapid, and Austria.

Historically speaking you are right, Rapid, Austria, Salzburg and Sturm Graz are all notable teams. However, Austria Wien this season shouldn't be a care for us. Rijeka is the defending Croatian champion and a very cohesive and defensive team. All will depend on how soon we'll score because it's a team that builds momentum on holding on as long as possible.

All in all, we should do well in this group with a rotated B-side squad.

I'd hope for barely a goal conceded tbh. It's not far off three Crotones.

This post has been edited by Danny: Aug 26 2017, 11:08 AM

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 26 2017, 01:28 PM
Post #72

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 26 2017, 01:46 AM) *
His release clause was 40M as I understood it. So no, I didn't say 60M.

Nope his release clause was 60m, Mendes helped in the negotiation for us to pay below his release clause (plus Porto have been in a bind due to FFP and wanted to sell to get some quick money in

Care to account for Donnarumma then?

I actually started out far more cautious with Donna, I wasn't that impressed with him in his first season, I actually preferred Lopez that season because Donna was very shaky in certain aspects especially his decision making in terms of when to stay put and when to come out (he still is on that front imo)

Yet they see Cutrone's? Come on.

Cutrone also worked his @ss off and most of his runs went unnoticed as well, and for his goal incidentally both him and Silva went for it but he got there first then Silva moved centrally. It's difficult for strikers when the midfield is so blunt.

Anyway hopefully we don't make a meal out of any of those games and we dispose of them quickly so we can concentrate on the league, the fact that Roma and Napoli both don't have easy CL groups will be good for us

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:00 AM