Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Serie A - Week 8 - Milan - Chievo, Date: 07/10/18 Time: 15:00 CET

William405
post Oct 7 2018, 03:29 PM
Post #16

Allievi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 7,239

True. Still 0 clean sheets this season. A big problem.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 7 2018, 03:30 PM
Post #17

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 7 2018, 03:27 PM) *
The players are just sleep walking. They completely gave up after the 3rd goal.

Higuain is the only one who's still completely switched on. That's why he comes from a winning team, they never relent. While look at the others, they're already thinking about going to take a shower as this is in the bag.

Rino seriously needs to beat this kind of attitude out of them.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 7 2018, 03:34 PM
Post #18

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Biglia has been great today as well. If only he can play like this in every game

+Quote Post

William405
post Oct 7 2018, 03:39 PM
Post #19

Allievi Regionali B

QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 7 2018, 05:34 PM) *
Biglia has been great today as well. If only he can play like this in every game

Totally agreed. I really felt he is totally comfortable today.

+Quote Post

William405
post Oct 7 2018, 03:53 PM
Post #20

Allievi Regionali B

Another 3 points! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 7 2018, 03:57 PM
Post #21

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 7 2018, 03:34 PM) *

Agreed. But I think we played against a non-existent opponent helped him in that regard.

If only we had not lost those easy points against Cagliari, Atalanta and Empoli, we'd be 2nd place with a game to spare.

+Quote Post

CrazyMilanFan
post Oct 7 2018, 03:59 PM
Post #22

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 3,873

Lets hope we build on this after the break

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 7 2018, 04:03 PM
Post #23

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 7 2018, 03:57 PM) *
Agreed. But I think we played against a non-existent opponent helped him in that regard.

If only we had not lost those easy points against Cagliari, Atalanta and Empoli, we'd be 2nd place with a game to spare.

I wouldn't call the game against Atalanta 3 easy points. They've been a bogey team for us for years now but we definitely should have won the game as I think we played better and created more chances, agreed about the other 2 games though, especially the game against Empoli which we should have put beyond their reach in the first half and then to give away a penalty because we decided we wanted to f@ck around with the ball in the box. Half the goals we conceded so far this season have been due to mental lapses in defense or due to very avoidable errors

If Rino can get them to cut certain things out of their game and make sure that every singly player on that pitch can concentrate for the entire 90+ minutes we should continue to rise in the tavle

There is no use in crying over spilt milk at this point, let's see if this is just a blip or if we can sustain the performances and continue to win. We'll probably lose points against Inter, but we need to do the double against the Genovese sides in the 2 games following the derby. Plus make sure to win the Betis game so we can win that group and set the EL aside for now

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 7 2018, 04:06 PM
Post #24

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Oct 7 2018, 03:59 PM) *
Lets hope we build on this after the break

My worry is that it will actually cause us to stumble. An international break just when you're picking up momentum is always going to cause problems. We'll see if we can pick up where we left off, but we have the derby as soon as we continue. The only good thing there is that Inter have Barca to worry about as well right after so Spaletti may make some decisions which could be of help to us

+Quote Post

William405
post Oct 7 2018, 04:19 PM
Post #25

Allievi Regionali B

QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 7 2018, 06:03 PM) *
I wouldn't call the game against Atalanta 3 easy points. They've been a bogey team for us for years now but we definitely should have won the game as I think we played better and created more chances, agreed about the other 2 games though, especially the game against Empoli which we should have put beyond their reach in the first half and then to give away a penalty because we decided we wanted to f@ck around with the ball in the box. Half the goals we conceded so far this season have been due to mental lapses in defense or due to very avoidable errors

If Rino can get them to cut certain things out of their game and make sure that every singly player on that pitch can concentrate for the entire 90+ minutes we should continue to rise in the tavle

There is no use in crying over spilt milk at this point, let's see if this is just a blip or if we can sustain the performances and continue to win. We'll probably lose points against Inter, but we need to do the double against the Genovese sides in the 2 games following the derby. Plus make sure to win the Betis game so we can win that group and set the EL aside for now

True. You also have to say that this team is always in a learning process. And, we are bound to stumble at a certain point. But, it is all part of what will make us better. I think very positive things, but indeed our organization on the defensive side of things leaves a lot to be desire. I'm more or less happy with personel, although for sure, we should always look on the transfer market for reinforcements and future stars. Though, we do have a solid core!

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 7 2018, 04:24 PM
Post #26

QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 7 2018, 04:03 PM) *

It was 2 points lost vs Atalanta because we were winning till the 90th minute, and Atalanta weren't exactly being Barcelona. It was a bad game from us, but it should have been 3 points.

Cagliari and Empoli, sans Chievo today, have been the weakest opponents we've faced thus far. And I don't mean just on paper, but even on the pitch they were pretty bad. Yet we couldn't secure two comfortable wins.

Anyway, that's 3 wins in a row now including the game vs Olympiacos. It's a good streak, 10 goals scored and only 3 conceded, two of which when were winning 3-0. Game has improved a lot as well. We should build upon this, no more regressions please.

As for individual players, Hakan is one player that needs to get a hold of himself. He's been very underwhelming this past month, and we all know he's capable of much more.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 7 2018, 04:37 PM
Post #27

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (William405 @ Oct 7 2018, 04:19 PM) *
True. You also have to say that this team is always in a learning process. And, we are bound to stumble at a certain point. But, it is all part of what will make us better. I think very positive things, but indeed our organization on the defensive side of things leaves a lot to be desire. I'm more or less happy with personel, although for sure, we should always look on the transfer market for reinforcements and future stars. Though, we do have a solid core!

Sure, we're in a constant learning curve, but I expect better from players like Biglia, Zapata, Abate and some of the other older players.

The young ones are still learning so the learning curve excuse applies (within reason), but certain mistakes from players like Zapata and Abate for example are what truly aggravate me, because they have a multitude of experience and should be an example to the others. Losing concentration and making silly errors is just unacceptable from players who have farm more experience. Look at Higuain. He comes from a team where you need to be 100% on the money at all times. It's why Juve have already basically won this title before October is even out FFS!

Obviously there are issues with the quality of the players we have when compared to Juve, who have 2 teams capable of trotting all over the league, but we need to be better and more consistent, we cannot lose points against teams who are generally on the bottom end of the table. The Cagliari and Empoli games will hurt us down the road.

I really do hope Leo and Paolo make some really smart moves in the winter. Bring in Ibra and Cesc, they're the exact type of players needed to turn the mentality within this group, Higuain alone is not enough. We need winners in this team, it will elevate players like Hakan and Suso to the next level

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 7 2018, 04:24 PM) *
It was 2 points lost vs Atalanta because we were winning till the 90th minute, and Atalanta weren't exactly being Barcelona. It was a bad game from us, but it should have been 3 points.

Cagliari and Empoli, sans Chievo today, have been the weakest opponents we've faced thus far. And I don't mean just on paper, but even on the pitch they were pretty bad. Yet we couldn't secure two comfortable wins.

Anyway, that's 3 wins in a row now including the game vs Olympiacos. It's a good streak, 10 goals scored and only 3 conceded, two of which when were winning 3-0. Game has improved a lot as well. We should build upon this, no more regressions please.

As for individual players, Hakan is one player that needs to get a hold of himself. He's been very underwhelming this past month, and we all know he's capable of much more.

Agreed there, I'm just saying that I wouldn't call Atalanta 2 easy points, but the circumstances of how the game unfolded is what makes it just as aggravating as the other 2 games which should have been 6 points and we'd be in a very strong position going into the derby, and not having to fight from behind them once again. We always have games like these in a season, it's why we've been failing to make it into the CL, not because we couldn't beat the top teams but because we have no consistency when it comes to playing against the lower level clubs which is infuriating no doubt

Higuain will go a long way in aiding this. He's lethal in these games especially, one chance and he scores, the defensive issues worry me as we now generally have to score twice to ensure 3 points. I really hope we can get Caldara and Romgnoli fit ASAP so they can start adapting to each other.

Hakan was tremendous against Olympiacos though, he's been having some issues in his personal life as well which could be what's effecting him. We need the player he was last season when Rino took over. If only we could get both him and Suso in form at the same time, but so far it hasn't seemed to happen yet which is frustrating to say the least

+Quote Post

William405
post Oct 7 2018, 10:05 PM
Post #28

Allievi Regionali B

Well, I don't talk about individuals here. I'm mostly referring to the learning curve of the whole team. As in, we are not quite there yet to fullfil the true potential of our team unit.

We can start to see glimpses of it with the linkups between Suso and Higuain. It was simply wonderful to see. Hakan, for sure when integrated will provide something much more. As he offers a different dynamic than Suso!

About the defense, I agree with you, I'm excited over a Caldara-Romagnoli partnership.

BTW do you know what is going on in Hakan's personal life? Has it been reported? Honestly, I felt by looking at his body language or just the way he looked that he wasn't so happy at the moment.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 7 2018, 11:19 PM
Post #29

Oh my, what problem does anyone have with Musacchio? Thus far he's been really good. And Caldara is a complete mystery. Some say he has groin problems, which could become an issue in the long run.

So far I'm happy with a Musacchio-Romagnoli partnership, as long as the rest of the team performs well.

+Quote Post

William405
post Oct 8 2018, 08:08 AM
Post #30

Allievi Regionali B

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 8 2018, 01:19 AM) *
Oh my, what problem does anyone have with Musacchio? Thus far he's been really good. And Caldara is a complete mystery. Some say he has groin problems, which could become an issue in the long run.

So far I'm happy with a Musacchio-Romagnoli partnership, as long as the rest of the team performs well.

Yes, I don't mind him either. Though, would be nice to have this young partnership in Roma-Caldara

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:17 PM