> Serie A - Week 11 - Udinese - Milan, Date: 04/11/18 Time: 20:30 CET

han2503
post Nov 3 2018, 05:14 PM
Post #1

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

Will probably have to miss this as I have my nephew's christening tomorrow, but will try to keep up with what's going on.

Absolutely crucial 3 points here as we have Betis and Juve up next before the NT brake. We're not going to get anything out of the Juve game, so ensuring all 3 points here will keep us on track even if we lose against Juve.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 3 2018, 07:58 PM
Post #2

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 3 2018, 05:14 PM) *
Will probably have to miss this as I have my nephew's christening tomorrow, but will try to keep up with what's going on.

Absolutely crucial 3 points here as we have Betis and Juve up next before the NT brake. We're not going to get anything out of the Juve game, so ensuring all 3 points here will keep us on track even if we lose against Juve.

Another NT break?? FFS!

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 3 2018, 08:10 PM
Post #3

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 3 2018, 07:58 PM) *
Another NT break?? FFS!

Yep. Weekend of the 18th. It's ridiculous the amount of stoppages club football has to deal with at the start of the season, most of them for a bunch of useless friendlies

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 4 2018, 10:33 PM
Post #4

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Speechless!

Romagnoli again at the death

And we finally manage to get a clean sheet!

What happened with Higuain? I only caught the last 20 minutes

+Quote Post

William405
post Nov 4 2018, 10:35 PM
Post #5

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,239

QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 5 2018, 12:33 AM) *
Speechless!

A back injury. I don't think it is so serious though. We'll see. He twisted it while receiving the ball.

Yes, that was a wonderful tackle by Romagnoli and then he gets that goal! Woah!

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 4 2018, 10:35 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 4 2018, 10:33 PM) *
Speechless!

Injured, his back I think.

That was insane in the end. Can't believe we actually managed to win. Luck has been on our side these last few games.

+Quote Post

maldini03
post Nov 4 2018, 10:39 PM
Post #7

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 2,029

He went off with an injury pretty early on. Didn't look like anything caused it - sometimes those are the worst so hopefully, he is alright. What a game, I was furious when they botched that fk in the last 5 mins but what a way to win it. Romagnoli is a WC defender and a great captain what a game. We needed the 3 points there.

Samu and Suso were both being selfish tonight, I don't know why. They were in a lot of spots where they could have played in a teammate for a great opportunity and opted to take a shot instead. Getting them to click would be huge.

Baka and Kessie were both immense today as well. Baka slowly growing on me, he might come good if he starts to build up his confidence.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 4 2018, 10:41 PM
Post #8

It was sad looking at our line up, though. Our attack looked so pitiful, only Suso being dangerous. Cutrone, Castillejo, Borini were all laughable.

I really hope we can recover Hakan and Higuain vs Juve, otehrwise we're doomed.

+Quote Post

William405
Post #9

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,239

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 5 2018, 12:35 AM) *
Injured, his back I think.

That was insane in the end. Can't believe we actually managed to win. Luck has been on our side these last few games.

True. I think it's vital for us. As we have quite a few injuries, and are lacking in quality at the pitch at the moment.

But, man oh man, I'm happy with the grit some of the players showed here. Samu was running everything, and Suso kept going also till the last second. We have to improve our general game that is for sure though. :/

+Quote Post

X-Offender
Post #10

QUOTE (maldini03 @ Nov 4 2018, 10:39 PM) *
He went off with an injury pretty early on. Didn't look like anything caused it - sometimes those are the worst so hopefully, he is alright. What a game, I was furious when they botched that fk in the last 5 mins but what a way to win it. Romagnoli is a WC defender and a great captain what a game. We needed the 3 points there.

Samu and Suso were both being selfish tonight, I don't know why. They were in a lot of spots where they could have played in a teammate for a great opportunity and opted to take a shot instead. Getting them to click would be huge.

Baka and Kessie were both immense today as well. Baka slowly growing on me, he might come good if he starts to build up his confidence.

Castielljo is mediocre. Should have never signed him.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 5 2018, 04:05 PM
Post #11

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 4 2018, 10:41 PM) *
Castielljo is mediocre. Should have never signed him.

I think he's useful, Suso wasn't all that when we signed him either but look at him now, 8 assists so far this season + 4 goals. It takes time, but he has talent it's just a matter of nurturing it

Also, having someone who can stand in for Suso is hugely important as was shown last season when we ran him into the ground and had zero options instead of him when he was injured.

Bona, Higuain, Hakan, Biglia all injured is a major problem. That's basically all our creative players on the treatment table with Suso being the last man standing.

Higuain is apparently not serious and will play against Juve but this is getting really worrying now, another injury and we'll start slipping down the table again

+Quote Post

Fishdoll
post Nov 5 2018, 04:46 PM
Post #12

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 7,075

QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 3 2018, 12:14 PM) *

Don't say that, han! Gonna be at that game - with decent tickets even.

There are a lot of things still needing work with this Milan, but after the Betis debacle, they've shown what I think of a 'knife between the teeth' mentality. They just don't give up.

I thought that Castillejo had a good game (not counting imprecision in front of goal, but that's a common team complaint).

I also thought Bakayoko played fairly well (and I'm shocked to be writing that).

Romagnoli was magnificent with the slide tackle that started off that move leading to the goal.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 5 2018, 08:03 PM
Post #13

QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 5 2018, 04:05 PM) *
I think he's useful, Suso wasn't all that when we signed him either but look at him now, 8 assists so far this season + 4 goals. It takes time, but he has talent it's just a matter of nurturing it

Also, having someone who can stand in for Suso is hugely important as was shown last season when we ran him into the ground and had zero options instead of him when he was injured.

Bona, Higuain, Hakan, Biglia all injured is a major problem. That's basically all our creative players on the treatment table with Suso being the last man standing.

Higuain is apparently not serious and will play against Juve but this is getting really worrying now, another injury and we'll start slipping down the table again

I knew Suso was going to be good the first moment I saw him play. If you go scavange my posts from 3-4 years you’ll see. Talent is very easy to notice, and Castillejo doesn’t have much IMO. He’s a decent, versatile player to have as sub, but nothing more.

I’m hopeful we can recover Hakan and Higuain for the Juve game.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 5 2018, 09:57 PM
Post #14

I was wondering, how lucky were we that no one noticed the linesman's flag and kept playing! Otherwise, the action would have stopped half-way through. Speaking of the linesman, how blind can you be? Methinks an interista or juventino.

+Quote Post

maldini03
post Nov 6 2018, 01:32 AM
Post #15

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 2,029

I thought the officiating overall wasn't great. When I saw that AR flag I was ballistic - couldn't believe he could call that Patrick was on by a few feet even in live play.

I think Samu can be a solid player, I don't think he will turn into a superstar but he is pacey and can be a threat for us, especially off the bench. The thing is, we still aren't in a position to buy players who are superstars. Have to hope for a young guy to make the jump.

How are you guys feeling about Paqueta. I want to be super excited but I can't see where he could fit in, especially now that we seem to be running with the 4-4-2 or 4-2-2-2. Is he a playmaker or a mezzala? I can't make heads or tails of him going just on youtube videos.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:53 AM