dst
post Jun 18 2007, 07:50 PM
Post #16

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 911

QUOTE (Porty @ Jun 18 2007, 09:49 PM)
PS: Atletico have Petrov for the LW... can't understand this one.  (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

They want to make him suffer for handing Real the title!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Portman
post Jun 18 2007, 07:53 PM
Post #17

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 347

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jun 18 2007, 07:50 PM)
Reyes also plays as striker Portyboy....which could mean a move on the cards for Torres.

Striker? You mean... SS (a foward, not the pure striker). But he's not as good as he is as LW. He's good on the wings. Quick and with tecnique.

Torres out for Reyes? It's a possibility...

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Jun 18 2007, 07:55 PM
Post #18

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

Ok..yeah not exactly ur upfront targetman is Reyes. I don't particularly think too highly of him in the wings. His crossing is a little suspect.

But if Torres moves, I suppose Liverpool is the only option.

+Quote Post

LaPalma
post Jun 18 2007, 08:03 PM
Post #19

Insert cool title here<--
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,792

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jun 18 2007, 07:48 PM)
Hmmm Aguero, Torres and Reyes???

Unless Torres is being unloaded. Atletico still needs mid-fielders and defenders though.

Didn't they already sign Raul Garcia of Osasuna? Really like that guy. He's the playmaker they need desperately.
Barcelona need a ball winning midfielder. They have a lot of creative players, but they lack someone like Rhino who can't play football ball has balls.
Real....well they're going to spend big. That's certain.Maybe they'll renew their interrest in Cristiano R., Fabregas....some young star.
I don't think Valencia will let any stars go, especially Villa.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jun 18 2007, 09:45 PM
Post #20

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

QUOTE (LaPalma @ Jun 18 2007, 07:03 PM)
I don't think Valencia will let any stars go, especially Villa.

Agreed. They've had quite a disappointing season, they were always that little bit of the pace of the top 3. But I think alot of their players would rather stay where they are, with a chance of winning the league next season.

About Athletico. The three UEFA Cup spots go to 5th, 6th and Copa Del Rey winner.
5th and 6th have been decided, let's just say Sevilla beat Getafe. Is it the same as FA Cup where the runner up gets the spot if the winner is in Europe. Or like the Carling Cup where if the winner is already in Europe it goes to 7th in the league?

+Quote Post

LaPalma
post Jun 18 2007, 10:07 PM
Post #21

Group Icon

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 18 2007, 09:45 PM)
Agreed. They've had quite a disappointing season, they were always that little bit of the pace of the top 3. But I think alot of their players would rather stay where they are, with a chance of winning the league next season.

About Athletico. The three UEFA Cup spots go to 5th, 6th and Copa Del Rey winner.
5th and 6th have been decided, let's just say Sevilla beat Getafe. Is it the same as FA Cup where the runner up gets the spot if the winner is in Europe. Or like the Carling Cup where if the winner is already in Europe it goes to 7th in the league?

The spot will go to Getafe. It doesn't matter if they win it or loose it. If Sevilla wins, they'll take the spot, as you said, because Sevilla already qualified for the CL....and if Getafe wins...well they're of course in the UEFA Cup.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jun 18 2007, 10:11 PM
Post #22

Prima Squadra

QUOTE (LaPalma @ Jun 18 2007, 09:07 PM)
The spot will go to Getafe. It doesn't matter if they win it or loose it. If Sevilla wins, they'll take the spot, as you said, because Sevilla already qualified for the CL....and if Getafe wins...well they're of course in the UEFA Cup.

And I thought having Millwall in the UEFA Cup was funny. But Getafe? (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

LaPalma
post Jun 19 2007, 10:27 AM
Post #23

Group Icon

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 18 2007, 10:11 PM)
And I thought having Millwall in the UEFA Cup was funny. But Getafe?  (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Thanks to Don Schuster who humiliated Barcelona.
Anyway, reports are suggesting Calderon will fire Capello and make Schuster reals new coach. IMO a bad decision. Firing the guy that led them to their first title in years...phhhh. Schuster is good but he has to build up the squad again. That can't be good for their success IMO.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jun 19 2007, 10:40 AM
Post #24

Prima Squadra

Schuster is better than good. But you don't fire guys that win you titles. I'd prefer to see Capello resign than be fired. I'm not the biggest fan of Madrid, I only like them winning things because it means Barca obviously haven't, but they're pretty classless. Capello deserves much better.

+Quote Post

Portman
post Jun 19 2007, 12:24 PM
Post #25

Berretti

Madrid needs a ofensive coach. With likes of Robinho, Nistelrooy, Higuaín, Raúl, Guti, Reyes, possibly more ofensive players, they shouldn't play so defensively like Capello like.

I know Capello is strict and it's important for them but again... they need a ofensive coach.

I think Schuster-thing is more than a done deal.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Jun 19 2007, 02:05 PM
Post #26

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (Porty @ Jun 19 2007, 02:24 PM)
Madrid needs a ofensive coach. With likes of Robinho, Nistelrooy, Higuaín, Raúl, Guti, Reyes, possibly more ofensive players, they shouldn't play so defensively like Capello like.

I know Capello is strict and it's important for them but again... they need a ofensive coach.

I think Schuster-thing is more than a done deal.

Yeah .. Sadly though Don Fabio wont stay on, cuz Calderon is a stupid m2ther f0cker !!!

I mean, Capello is one of (if not..) the best coaches that have ever commanded a team. His triumph (post Saachi) with Milan, was one of the best moments in Milan's history. Everywhere he went, he brought success. Roma too (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/king.gif)

Schuster (If I am to take LaPalma's idea..) will need to build a team, unlike Don Fabio, he will need at least 2 years till Madrid see another title. Cuz buying players isn't everything, the Galacticos era proved that (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

LaPalma
post Jun 22 2007, 10:02 AM
Post #27

Group Icon

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jun 19 2007, 02:05 PM)
Yeah .. Sadly though Don Fabio wont stay on, cuz Calderon is a stupid m2ther f0cker !!!

I mean, Capello is one of (if not..) the best coaches that have ever commanded a team. His triumph (post Saachi) with Milan, was one of the best moments in Milan's history. Everywhere he went, he brought success. Roma too (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/king.gif)

Schuster (If I am to take LaPalma's idea..) will need to build a team, unlike Don Fabio, he will need at least 2 years till Madrid see another title. Cuz buying players isn't everything, the Galacticos era proved that (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Should Fabio Capello leave the newly crowned La Liga champions - as is expected now - and Schuster take over, then it is clear the new boss will look to bring in some of his own players in order to prepare for their title defence next season.

One name being mentioned is that of 33 year old Bayer Leverkusen midfielder Bernd Schneider. The Bayer captain had a good World Cup with Germany, and has just had another fantastic season in the Bundesliga.

According to Bayer Leverkusen Sports director Rudi Völler: “Schneider had a great second half to the season. For me he was the Player of the Year.”

He is a hard working right sided, who can provide a steady supply of quality crosses with both feet, and also double up as a full back if need be, and representative of the philosophy Schuster would want to impose on the club.

He lined up against Real Madrid in the 2002 Champions League final - won by that magical Zidane goal - and had admitted he will listen to an offer from Los Merengues.

“I have heard of Madrid’s interest and if they want me then I would have to listen,” he is quoted as saying in ‘Express'.

Bernd Schuster himself is on record as saying “Real Madrid are missing a player like him at the moment.”

If Schneider does indeed make the move to the Bernabeu, he would follow compatriot Christoph Metzelder, and also follow in the footsteps of greats such as Günther Netzer, Paul Breitner, Bernd Schuster, and Bodo Illgner.

Well...it seems that they're already working on their new team. Schneider IMO one of the most underestimated players on earth. Although he's 33 that guy is a freakin genius and my favourite german football player. It would be hard to see Schnixx leaving the Bundesliga.

+Quote Post

LaPalma
post Jun 22 2007, 10:07 AM
Post #28

Group Icon

Sorry...double post cause of sever problems...

This post has been edited by LaPalma: Jun 22 2007, 10:09 AM

+Quote Post

Portman
post Jun 22 2007, 07:00 PM
Post #29

Berretti

(IMG:http://www.sport.es/vivo/recursos/fotos/foto_225744_CAS.jpg)

HENRY SIGNED FOR BARCELONA - 24 MILLION EUROS.

It's everywhere.
www.marca.com ; www.as.com ; www.sport.es ; www.elmundodeportivo.es

It's done. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Jun 22 2007, 07:08 PM
Post #30

Token Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,800

Wow.

Okay, so right now Barca have WAY too many world-class strikers to keep happy. Who're they getting rid of?

+Quote Post

102 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:37 PM