dst
post Jun 28 2014, 12:28 PM
Post #1096

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 911

QUOTE (Danny @ Jun 28 2014, 02:41 AM) *
The man is banned from EVERYTHING. That's excessive. He can't enter a football stadium, can't play the sport other than a private kick about with his own friends, can't train with Liverpool...he's 100% banned from the football world.

Meanwhile genuine career-ending tackles get off far less - a red card, and maybe a few matches banned. It was a crazy bite, nothing else. But his career is in jeopardy.

Do you really think it's totally justified when dreadful tackles doing far worse damage?

Totti was banned for 3 matches by Uefa for spitting, and I assure you spitting on someone is pretty much the worst thing you can do to anyone on the pitch.

I just think it's OTT.

I think it might have been excessive but as Kurt said I don't feel sorry or him. Also, as you guys said and I too mentioned above there are players making career-threatening tackles and don't get such lengthy bans when they should. Though that doesn't mean Suarez shouldn't get banned, it means football authorities are messing up in not punishing those guys.

I don't think his career is in jeopardy at all, this sounds awfully exaggerated to me. Though his move to RM might be. Isn't this a good thing for Liverpool actually, I believe the ban might scare off some clubs from signing Suarez?

I also don't agree that spitting is worse than biting someone and it's definitely not the worst thing you can to someone on the pitch! Spitting is disrespectful but how is it worse than Pepe kicking a player twice when he's down and then stomping him? You've lost me there, of all the nasty things you can do to someone spitting is nowhere near the top of the list.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jun 28 2014, 12:43 PM
Post #1097

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,730

Falcao going to Madrid so that one's done for Suarez.

+Quote Post

dst
post Jun 28 2014, 12:51 PM
Post #1098

Primavera
Group Icon

I read they're now not going to sign Falcao.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jun 28 2014, 12:56 PM
Post #1099

Allievi Nazionali

He's in Madrid for talks as we speak.

+Quote Post

dst
post Jun 28 2014, 02:26 PM
Post #1100

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (Danny @ Jun 28 2014, 02:56 PM) *
He's in Madrid for talks as we speak.

I'm not gonna believe anything until it happens. RM supposedly pulled out yesterday but now he's there for talks when last week he'd already agreed personal terms. I hope they at least sell enough papers to justify this idiocy.

+Quote Post

Milan Are Brilli...
post Jun 28 2014, 02:56 PM
Post #1101

Berretti
Group Icon

Member No.: 90

Should be a couple of decent games tonight, will be nice to actually talk about what's happening on the pitch again.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jun 28 2014, 03:38 PM
Post #1102

Allievi Nazionali

Can see a real test for Brazil. Chile have been outstanding.

Colombia will beat Uruguay with room to spare. With Suarez I'd have pinned this as a cert on Uruguay but without him they're absolutely nothing. Unlike Colombia who have brilliantly adapted to life without Falcao, Uruguay just have no compensation for their star man's absence, as we saw V Costa Rica.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jun 28 2014, 03:42 PM
Post #1103

Prima Squadra

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,660

QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Jun 28 2014, 10:49 AM) *
Also, how pathetic is Uruguayan FA saying that it's all an english-italian conspiracy and their players claiming that things like this happen all the time (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) GFUS.

It makes it all the more funny when Uruguay only qualified because of awful refereeing decisions going for them in the games again England and Italy. I can't wait for Colombia to tear them to shreds. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 28 2014, 11:13 AM) *
I think you're overdoing this thing. Suarez is the person we love to hate publicly, but in fact, there are much worse footballers playing in Premier League or Serie A shirts, making dangerous tackles and destroying great players. Yet, no one cares, no one bans them for months or so.

As I said though, dangerous tackles are often sincere tackles. In a game this quick, even being a split second out can make a fine tackle dangerous. If someone makes reckless tackles, you bet I'm the first one on here calling for them to get a big ban. But what Suarez did is beyond ridiculous. It's not a split second thought of "I'm gonna hurt him" or being that little bit late to a tackle, it's something he's thought of and then taken the time to sneak around when the ball is away from play to carry out... multiple times.

I'm personally fine with the punishment. I think he is personally getting away lightly what with still being paid, but Uruguay and Liverpool are going to be hurt a lot by this, maybe Liverpool get fed up and sell him? Can't happen soon enough.

This post has been edited by kurtsimonw: Jun 28 2014, 03:43 PM

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jun 28 2014, 03:48 PM
Post #1104

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 28 2014, 02:42 PM) *
As I said though, dangerous tackles are often sincere tackles.

Often. Not always. What about the ones which aren't? Those are the ones I was personally meaning. Yet the perps don't get a 4 month ban from...life...borderline!

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jun 28 2014, 04:21 PM
Post #1105

Prima Squadra

QUOTE (Danny @ Jun 28 2014, 04:48 PM) *
Often. Not always. What about the ones which aren't? Those are the ones I was personally meaning. Yet the perps don't get a 4 month ban from...life...borderline!

It's not a ban from life though is it, he's going to be paid millions to sit at home. I'd happily take that. These over-privileged people get far too much defense. I don't think there's much argument for Suarez as its a repeat offense. If you don't learn your lesson, your bans should get bigger IMO.

As I mentioned, anyone who makes a clear reckless challenge should get a massive ban. Problem is a challenge is harder to decide whether it was intentionally done to hurt someone, they can always just claim they were just too late, Suarez doesn't really have any kind of defense for what he does. It is a shame people, continually, get away with bd challenges. I think the only way to stamp it out is to make a ruling before the season starts that, for example, any 2 footed challenge is a 5 game ban, repeat offenses add another game ban to it throughout the season.

+Quote Post

dst
post Jun 28 2014, 04:39 PM
Post #1106

Primavera
Group Icon

A ban from life and his career is in jeopardy? Come on man, why are you being so overly dramatic?

+Quote Post

Forza Milan!
post Jun 28 2014, 05:33 PM
Post #1107

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 12,353

According to this, Suarez is now claiming that he did not bite Chiellini on purpose. He was falling and he hit Chiellini's shoulder with his teeth. Unintentional.

Really? What gets me is not so much the act (which is bad enough) but all the sorry excuses that have come after it. This one, though, tops them all, IMHO. Personally, I think this racist scumbag deserves what he got.

BTW, yeah Sanchez !!!

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jun 28 2014, 05:38 PM
Post #1108

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

Sanchez!!!!

Chile though are sooo rushed. It's like they're in a hurry to get somewhere more important at times. If they had more composure this team would be absolutely lethal.

I said previously that this is the World Cup without any defensive strategy. But I think it's the midfield that's being totally by-passed, Brazil and Chile barely have midfields, the ball literally goes from defence to attack in a few seconds with both teams. And this has been a common occurrence in all of the games, I guess it's why it's been such a goal frenzied tournament.

And is there any reason as to why Vidal plays so high up the pitch? I think he does a lot better in a slightly deeper area on the pitch

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jun 28 2014, 05:41 PM
Post #1109

Prima Squadra

Neymar in twice and for some reason takes an unnecessary touch both times. But hey, I'm a hater so he obviously did the right thing.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jun 28 2014, 05:41 PM
Post #1110

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ Jun 28 2014, 05:33 PM) *
According to this, Suarez is now claiming that he did not bite Chiellini on purpose. He was falling and he hit Chiellini's shoulder with his teeth. Unintentional.

Really? What gets me is not so much the act (which is bad enough) but all the sorry excuses that have come after it. This one, though, tops them all, IMHO. Personally, I think this racist scumbag deserves what he got.

BTW, yeah Sanchez !!!

Lool, that's what he made it look like after he did it to try to dupe the referee, when it was obviously a pre-meditated action, which is why I can never personally accept that it is a mental issue and that he impulsively bites people (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

He was steady on his feet, it's very clear that he leaned his head over to go for Chiellini's shoulder

+Quote Post

108 Pages V  « < 72 73 74 75 76 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:04 PM