> 24/04/07 - CL - Man Utd v Milan

dst
post Apr 12 2007, 11:37 AM
Post #16

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 911

QUOTE (fresh_prince7 @ Apr 12 2007, 11:54 AM)
Oddo really concerns me still, I really don't rate him defensively.

In defence, he was amazing last night! And in any case, he can't even be compared with Bonera at RB...

This post has been edited by dst: Apr 12 2007, 11:38 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

jefri91
post Apr 12 2007, 01:24 PM
Post #17

"Durgle The Turtle"

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,402

didnt Oddo block a goal that didnt couldnt block??? I thought it was over !!! Thanks Oddo!

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Apr 12 2007, 01:56 PM
Post #18

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (BMWTaylor @ Apr 12 2007, 12:26 PM)
There's no way in hell ManU would defeat Roma again by such an obscene margin if both teams met again.

I agree .. Poor poor Roma (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) Had their coach been Mourinho, for example, we would be facing Roma in the semis

+Quote Post

dst
post Apr 12 2007, 02:14 PM
Post #19

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (jefri91 @ Apr 12 2007, 03:24 PM)
didnt Oddo block a goal that didnt couldnt block??? I thought it was over !!! Thanks Oddo!

Yep! He was very good last night. Although he did a couple of mistakes when he tried to block a ball to Salihamidzic only for Gattuso to tackle him from behind and later on when he didn't manage to clear a cross and Sali again coming from behind chested it out. But he was always first on the ball and nobody managed to get past him!

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Apr 12 2007, 02:24 PM
Post #20

Smoking Bianco

Lippi: Milan can win
Thursday 12 April, 2007

World Cup winning Coach Marcello Lippi believes that Milan can triumph against Manchester United in the Champions League semi-final.

The San Siro outfit joined the last four of club football’s premier competition after the 2-0 win over Bayern Munich.

They will now face the Red Devils in a rematch of the last-16 knockout stage tie from two years ago, when the Rossoneri triumphed 1-0 in both legs.

“I have always said that Manchester United are one of the best teams in Europe, maybe the strongest one at the time being, but we saw that they can be defeated,” Lippi told Affaritaliani.it.

“Carlo Ancelotti’s side has great qualities, Milan are experienced and give their best in this tournament,” added the Viareggino.

“The Champions League is the Rossoneri’s natural habitat, their chances are 50/50.”

United humiliated Roma with a 7-1 defeat on Tuesday at Old Trafford, but Lippi doesn’t believe that this result in any way lessens the Giallorossi’s impressive achievements this season.

“These things can happen, the final result does not reflect the real difference between the two clubs.

“Roma’s Coach and the players must have no doubts on the excellent results they have achieved over the past two years,” concluded the former Juve and Inter boss.

Football Italia

+Quote Post

LaPalma
post Apr 12 2007, 03:58 PM
Post #21

Insert cool title here<--
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,792

QUOTE (dst @ Apr 12 2007, 11:37 AM)
In defence, he was amazing last night! And in any case, he can't even be compared with Bonera at RB...

He was.....but our entire fence was just GODLIKE!!! Especially Nesta. And about Oddo, he was also very good in the offence IMO, Lell could never stop him on his flank.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Apr 12 2007, 04:22 PM
Post #22

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

First point of action carlo should take for this one is to neutralise Man U on the wings, if we do that then we could be on our way to Athens.

Imo this will call for us to play a 4-4-1-1, Putting both pirlo and Seedorf in the middle with Rino and Ambro on the flanks. This way when Ronaldo or giggs get the ball we double team them and play through the middle.

Especially in Old Trafford we should really use this one.

Anyway, I have faith in Carlo to do the right thing.

This post has been edited by han2503: Apr 12 2007, 04:23 PM

+Quote Post

Portman
post Apr 12 2007, 06:17 PM
Post #23

Berretti

Member No.: 347

I really don't know how we're gonna deal with the cvnts pace. That's the big question for me.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Apr 12 2007, 06:36 PM
Post #24

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Portugal @ Apr 12 2007, 05:17 PM)
I really don't know how we're gonna deal with the cvnts pace. That's the big question for me.

Yep, that's what really scares me, that's why I would play the 4-4-1-1, so our fullbacks and defensive mids can double up on him and Giggs everytime he gets anywhere near the ball. But imo Roma made him look like a god, everytime he got the ball they where backing off of him for some unknown reason instead of pressing him.

Also the fact that they don't employ pure defensive mids mught help, Scholes and Carrick both help out in that aspect but none of them can mark Kaka and Pirlo + Seedorf if he has a good game, so I think he will have a lot more influence then he did against Bayern where he was mostly acting like a seconda punta trying to drag markers away from Pippo and everytime he got the ball, Lucio, Van Bommel and Hargreaves where all on him.

I'm sure he will be much more free against man u

And also I think Vidic will still be missing for this one whoich is a good thing since imo, he has been the best defender in the premiership this season

This post has been edited by han2503: Apr 12 2007, 06:43 PM

+Quote Post

dst
post Apr 12 2007, 06:56 PM
Post #25

Primavera
Group Icon

It's true that Roma made CR look better than he really is as Spalletti was the victim of the absurdity that Corriere, Messaggero and the whole "Gran Raccordo Annulare journalism" creates in Rome... those guys are funny! How could he have stopped CR when he was only playing with half a DMF!?? (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

But that doesn't mean he isn't a great player. He's arguably United's best and he's going to be the main threat when we face them. Rooney, I don't worry about him... Nesta will easily "erase" him!

Vidic has been great! And to think everyone was laughing at Ferguson for choosing him to be Ferdinand's partner...

+Quote Post

Portman
post Apr 12 2007, 07:02 PM
Post #26

Berretti

Member No.: 347

QUOTE (dst @ Apr 12 2007, 06:56 PM)
Vidic has been great! And to think everyone was laughing at Ferguson for choosing him to be Ferdinand's partner...

He's injuried. Probably won't play the 1st leg.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Apr 12 2007, 07:12 PM
Post #27

Smoking Bianco

QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 12 2007, 08:36 PM)
Yep, that's what really scares me, that's why I would play the 4-4-1-1, so our fullbacks and defensive mids can double up on him and Giggs everytime he gets anywhere near the ball. But imo Roma made him look like a god, everytime he got the ball they where backing off of him for some unknown reason instead of pressing him.

Also the fact that they don't employ pure defensive mids mught help, Scholes and Carrick both help out in that aspect but none of them can mark Kaka and Pirlo + Seedorf if he has a good game, so I think he will have a lot more influence then he did against Bayern where he was mostly acting like a seconda punta trying to drag markers away from Pippo and everytime he got the ball, Lucio, Van Bommel and Hargreaves where all on him.

I'm sure he will be much more free against man u

And also I think Vidic will still be missing for this one whoich is a good thing since imo, he has been the best defender in the premiership this season

I agree .. We should play the 4-4-1-1 .. It can absorb the oppositions pressure and help with a quick counter attack. Plus, it makes the team solid and harder to break at any counter attack.

Roma were caught in despair, their team as a whole isn't as experienced as Man U's in knock out rounds, expecially one that corresponds to the CL quarter finals. Roma could have beaten United, but their coach also wasn't as experienced as SAF.

Milan on the other hand, thrive in this competition. If there is a team to beat it ahs to be United, but considering how fresh our key players are. I think we have an advantage, plus if they think they can beat us 7 or 10 nil, that would add to a catalyst that could end up having them loose both the CL and EPL. As they are under pressure now from Chelsea in the league. SAF wont rest his players, he has a numbered starting 11, his players are the same from defence to the attack, he can't afford to rotate, especially with Chelsea on their trail. In the mean time, Milan has just to secure 4th place, anything extra would just be a bonus. Plus, Milan has a squad of vast experience and it is in the closing stages of both the championship and CL that prevails. Milan also has a second line of defence (i.e. Bonera, Kakha, Simic, Sergio, Cafu..) that are very effective and on form, our midfield is very rigid with many choices in experience and quality, and our attack, well we have a striker exclusively for Serie A and we have one exclusively for CL.

Man U wont stand a chance .. They will be humiliated in the San Siro (u can quote me on this) .. That is how I really see it. I just like hearing their fans go on and on about them humiliating Roma and what not, but I think they don't stand a chance against Milan.

+Quote Post

misha
post Apr 12 2007, 07:42 PM
Post #28

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 787

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Apr 12 2007, 09:12 PM)
I agree .. We should play the 4-4-1-1 .. It can absorb the oppositions pressure and help with a quick counter attack. Plus, it makes the team solid and harder to break at any counter attack.

Roma were caught in despair, their team as a whole isn't as experienced as Man U's in knock out rounds, expecially one that corresponds to the CL quarter finals. Roma could have beaten United, but their coach also wasn't as experienced as SAF.

Milan on the other hand, thrive in this competition. If there is a team to beat it ahs to be United, but considering how fresh our key players are. I think we have an advantage, plus if they think they can beat us 7 or 10 nil, that would add to a catalyst that could end up having them loose both  the CL and EPL. As they are under pressure now from Chelsea in the league. SAF wont rest his players, he has a numbered starting 11, his players are the same from defence to the attack, he can't afford to rotate, especially with Chelsea on their trail. In the mean time, Milan has just to secure 4th place, anything extra would just be a bonus. Plus, Milan has a squad of vast experience and it is in the closing stages of both the championship and CL that prevails. Milan also has a second line of defence (i.e. Bonera, Kakha, Simic, Sergio, Cafu..) that are very effective and on form, our midfield is very rigid with many choices in experience and quality, and our attack, well we have a striker exclusively for Serie A and we have one exclusively for CL.

Man U wont stand a chance .. They will be humiliated in the San Siro (u can quote me on this) .. That is how I really see it. I just like hearing their fans go on and on about them humiliating Roma and what not, but I think they don't stand a chance against Milan.

Good post (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/king.gif)

All true. We have advantage with experience and the possibility to rotate the squad while their squad is much tighter and they are still focused on a league and cup.

The first game will be a key. We need to close them like we did yesterday to Bayern and our 5 men midfield is definitely capable to do so. Also i don't think that they have any player that can stop Kaka.

We should play with exactly the same formation. Seedorf playing in more advanced role in a middle in which he is more effective and switches between him and Kaka are very confusing for the opposite defence. Ambro and Rino are playing very good defensively and Pirlo in the last few weeks is finally getting back into shape

WE ARE GOING TO BEAT THEM!!

This post has been edited by mishale: Apr 12 2007, 07:44 PM

+Quote Post

han2503
post Apr 12 2007, 07:46 PM
Post #29

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (dst @ Apr 12 2007, 05:56 PM)
It's true that Roma made CR look better than he really is as Spalletti was the victim of the absurdity that Corriere, Messaggero and the whole "Gran Raccordo Annulare journalism" creates in Rome... those guys are funny! How could he have stopped CR when he was only playing with half a DMF!??  (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

But that doesn't mean he isn't a great player. He's arguably United's best and he's going to be the main threat when we face them. Rooney, I don't worry about him... Nesta will easily "erase" him!

Never said that he wasn't great, but I couldn't understand why the Roma defence was backing off of him instead of pressing him. If you allow Kaka that same kind of space then there is no doubt that he will also punish you.

QUOTE (Portugal @ Apr 12 2007, 06:02 PM)
He's injuried. Probably won't play the 1st leg.

Broken collar bone so he will most likely be out for both

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Apr 12 2007, 06:12 PM)

Milan on the other hand, thrive in this competition. If there is a team to beat it ahs to be United, but considering how fresh our key players are. I think we have an advantage, plus if they think they can beat us 7 or 10 nil, that would add to a catalyst that could end up having them loose both  the CL and EPL. As they are under pressure now from Chelsea in the league. SAF wont rest his players, he has a numbered starting 11, his players are the same from defence to the attack, he can't afford to rotate, especially with Chelsea on their trail. In the mean time, Milan has just to secure 4th place, anything extra would just be a bonus. Plus, Milan has a squad of vast experience and it is in the closing stages of both the championship and CL that prevails. Milan also has a second line of defence (i.e. Bonera, Kakha, Simic, Sergio, Cafu..) that are very effective and on form, our midfield is very rigid with many choices in experience and quality, and our attack, well we have a striker exclusively for Serie A and we have one exclusively for CL.

Well let's not get too over confident because if I remeber correctly, everytime we have done that this season we have lost.

I remain optimistic about our chances in the tie, but I think United are the favourite to go through which imo will suite our squad well.

This post has been edited by han2503: Apr 12 2007, 07:47 PM

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Apr 12 2007, 08:08 PM
Post #30

Smoking Bianco

QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 12 2007, 09:46 PM)
I remain optimistic about our chances in the tie, but I think United are the favourite to go through which imo will suite our squad well.

And because they are favorites, as were Bayern, our 4-4-1-1 was very VERY important to our triumph in Munich, I believe it will be so against United too.

Above all this, I think Carlo has has the upper hand on SAF before, plus, with United on form, Milan will want to do better against them to show their worth. I am not as optimistic as I am making it sound, but the fact that we have nothing to loose, as opposed to them, the team is 100% concentrated on the CL and nothing but the CL (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/devilsmiley.gif)

Giving in, was what I did ahead of our clash with Bayern. but little did I know that this team plays it's best football against big clubs, such as United. *shame on me, for letting in*

I have a great deal of respect for SAF, but when a line has to be drawn, Ancelotti has been consistent in bringing in results both in Europe and in the championship, and it is in the final run that Milan show their true colors. Which is why all this that I am typing isn't just a bunch of feelings mashed with logic, but pure instinct that United wont come into the match as hungry as our Milan will.

If u look at it for a tactical aspect; Milan has been testing all season long different formations and testing players in different positions. Which is opposed to what tactic SAF has been doing all season long. Milan has two sound formations which the team adapt to very intelligently, the 4-4-1-1, 4-3-2-1 and the 4-3-1-2 ... All of which, Milan has perfected in the closing stages of this season.

If you want to look at it from a technical aspect, well Serie A is much more technical than EPL.

If you want to compare players, then Seedorf is much more effective as a team player than CR. Our defence is no match for their attack and Super Pippo Inzaghi brought the Devil to the Allienz while he wasnt even 100% fit (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Plus, playing at Old Trafford, where they humilated Roma is an extra incentive for us to make due, and show them how Italian Football kicks @ss !! Plus, revenge for Roma (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/devil.gif)

+Quote Post

42 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:37 PM