X-Offender
post Sep 5 2019, 09:25 AM
Post #376

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 4 2019, 11:43 PM) *
Sorry, 20M. Hernandez I meant.

20M for a left back is very acceptable IMO. We couldn't have kept playing with Rodriguez, and I'm glad the club realized this.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 5 2019, 09:27 AM
Post #377

@Forza Milan! I think we kept the Correa deal alive because we hoped that someone would eventually make an offer for Silva. But in the end nobody did and we couldn't afford to spend +40M for Correa.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Sep 5 2019, 09:57 AM
Post #378

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

But my question remains. Why did we spend on Leao?

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 5 2019, 10:26 AM
Post #379

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 5 2019, 09:57 AM) *

Unless we're certain that he's world class, I really can't explain. Those 30M could have been spent more wisely no doubt.

+Quote Post

William405
post Sep 5 2019, 03:12 PM
Post #380

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,239

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 5 2019, 11:57 AM) *

True. Let's see, perhaps we will have the answer this season. I have my doubts, though.

+Quote Post

Forza Milan!
post Sep 5 2019, 04:01 PM
Post #381

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 12,353

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 5 2019, 10:27 AM) *
@Forza Milan! I think we kept the Correa deal alive because we hoped that someone would eventually make an offer for Silva. But in the end nobody did and we couldn't afford to spend +40M for Correa.

Agreed (I believe Mendes tried until the end, and the last-minute exchange with Rebic was a fallback), but I also think we were set on him (as opposed to others) because he fit a certain profile (both in playing style and personality).

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 5 2019, 10:57 AM) *

Good question, Leao's purchase was "interesting" in that it did not fit the overall pattern of behavior with our new management. I heard it said that Elliott blocked Correa but not Leao, because Correa exceeded a set amount (I don't know if there is any validity to this, and I can't even remember where I read it).

Worth noting that Elliott has (or had) a financial stake in Lille (so I guess the money was "kept in the family"). Also, the Djalo sale was probably related (so both teams got "plusvalenze" out of the overall deal).

My guess is that we wanted to get forwards that were not primarily "poachers", and these do not come cheap.

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 5 2019, 11:26 AM) *
Unless we're certain that he's world class, I really can't explain.

I do not believe you can be certain of something like that :-). Especially with someone that young plus going to a new league (one that emphasizes defense), not to mention that he is going into a team relatively low on talent that is still adjusting to a new system. I think it was a gamble, hopefully it will pay off. Will see ...

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 5 2019, 11:26 AM) *
Those 30M could have been spent more wisely no doubt.

Possibly. My guess is that we prioritized building a faster and more "dynamic" front line over other needs. Interested in what you would have done with the 30M (I have read a lot of different opinions thru the summer, so I am genuinely curious).

EDIT: read this after my post. Basically it says that buying Rebic will de-value Leao. Of course, this is CM and they seem to like to dump on Milan ...

This post has been edited by Forza Milan!: Sep 5 2019, 04:06 PM

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 5 2019, 04:29 PM
Post #382

QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ Sep 5 2019, 04:01 PM) *
I do not believe you can be certain of something like that :-). Especially with someone that young plus going to a new league (one that emphasizes defense), not to mention that he is going into a team relatively low on talent that is still adjusting to a new system. I think it was a gamble, hopefully it will pay off. Will see ...

*cough*Joao Felix*cough*

Possibly. My guess is that we prioritized building a faster and more "dynamic" front line over other needs. Interested in what you would have done with the 30M (I have read a lot of different opinions thru the summer, so I am genuinely curious).

I would have kept the 30M, added something extra and signed Correa or Depay, or someone of that calibre.

EDIT: read this after my post. Basically it says that buying Rebic will de-value Leao. Of course, this is CM and they seem to like to dump on Milan ...

The guy who wrote that article (Cristiano Ruiu) is an idiot, a complete ignoramus, a disgusting Galliani kissass that has an agenda for every article he writes. Do not believe a word you read.

This post has been edited by X-Offender: Sep 5 2019, 04:30 PM

+Quote Post

Forza Milan!
post Sep 6 2019, 02:52 PM
Post #383

Giovanissimi Regionali B

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 5 2019, 05:29 PM) *
*cough*Joao Felix*cough*

He cost Atleti a tad more than 30M :-)

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 5 2019, 05:29 PM) *
The guy who wrote that article (Cristiano Ruiu) is an idiot, a complete ignoramus, a disgusting Galliani kissass that has an agenda for every article he writes. Do not believe a word you read.

For some reason I missed the fact that it was Ruiu, I normally avoid his posts for those exact reasons. He is not the only one on CM who likes to put Milan in a bad light, not sure why I still bother with that site.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 6 2019, 02:55 PM
Post #384

QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ Sep 6 2019, 02:52 PM) *
He cost Atleti a tad more than 30M :-)

Yeah, but the point was that you sometimes can be certain if a youngster is world class or not.

QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ Sep 6 2019, 02:52 PM) *
For some reason I missed the fact that it was Ruiu, I normally avoid his posts for those exact reasons. He is not the only one on CM who likes to put Milan in a bad light, not sure why I still bother with that site.

He's one of those guys I would punch if I saw him walking on the street.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 7 2019, 04:23 PM
Post #385

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

I still wonder what really went down between Silva and Monaco.

Had that gone through, I believe we'd be looking at a completely different transfer market

All in all, with the resources we had, I think we did good. But yes, the Leao move is still baffling to this day considering how much they wanted Correa. I mean logic states that you first go after your top target. Just doesn't make sense how we spent all the Cutrone money on a shot in the dark when we were desperate for a profile like Correa

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Sep 7 2019, 09:53 PM
Post #386

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 7 2019, 07:23 PM) *

Had that gone through, I believe we'd be looking at a completely different transfer market

All in all, with the resources we had, I think we did good. But yes, the Leao move is still baffling to this day considering how much they wanted Correa. I mean logic states that you first go after your top target. Just doesn't make sense how we spent all the Cutrone money on a shot in the dark when we were desperate for a profile like Correa

They were looking for a player to complement Piantek is all I could think of

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 7 2019, 10:28 PM
Post #387

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 7 2019, 04:23 PM) *

Monaco were going to pay 30M as agreed, but then some issues came during Silva's medical, so they offered 20M instead and we refused.

+Quote Post

Forza Milan!
post Sep 8 2019, 02:49 AM
Post #388

Giovanissimi Regionali B

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 7 2019, 11:28 PM) *
Monaco were going to pay 30M as agreed, but then some issues came during Silva's medical, so they offered 20M instead and we refused.

Dunno. I think Monaco wanted to reduce the price so they came up with "medical problems" as an excuse. I do not believe there was a real problem.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 9 2019, 01:50 PM
Post #389

Looks like the Rebic-Silva deal is just a two-year loan with no option to buy. So, if Rebic does well, we'll have to negotiate with Eintracht for his purchase.

+Quote Post

CrazyMilanFan
post Sep 10 2019, 09:41 AM
Post #390

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 3,873

Maybe the contract expires for both after 2 years

+Quote Post

70 Pages V  « < 24 25 26 27 28 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:51 PM