Ancelotti's future is in doubt!
Where will he be next year?
Milan [ 4 ] ** [16.67%]
Chelsea [ 14 ] ** [58.33%]
Real Madrid [ 3 ] ** [12.50%]
Roma [ 1 ] ** [4.17%]
At a nice restaurant [ 2 ] ** [8.33%]
Other (please name) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
If he leaves, will these guys follow him? (pick as many as you wish)
Kaka [ 1 ] ** [3.45%]
Seedorf [ 13 ] ** [44.83%]
Pirlo [ 3 ] ** [10.34%]
Gattuso [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Tassotti [ 7 ] ** [24.14%]
Galli [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Other (please name) [ 5 ] ** [17.24%]
If he leaves, who will be Milan's new coach?
Van Basten [ 6 ] ** [25.00%]
Rijkaard [ 12 ] ** [50.00%]
Allegri [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Gasperini [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Spalletti [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Leonardo [ 6 ] ** [25.00%]
Total Votes: 24
Guests cannot vote 

Tennie
post May 15 2009, 11:57 AM
Post #1

Token Girl
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2,800

So, there's been a LOT of speculation recently about the future of Carlo Ancelotti. So, what do you think? Will he go? If so, where? Will players and staff follow him? Who will replace him?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post May 15 2009, 12:03 PM
Post #2

Primavera

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,265

Wow, what a complicated poll (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I want to see a new coach but I think he will remain one more season, at least (and if he does well, he will probably get his contract extended for about three years!)
---------------------------------------------
(Is it alright to discuss Ancelotti's future here?)

What the hell is this? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

http://www.sportmediaset.it/mercato/artico...colo23389.shtml

I don't believe it.

This post has been edited by Zed.D: May 15 2009, 12:11 PM

+Quote Post

dst
post May 15 2009, 12:25 PM
Post #3

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

Right now, I think he'll go. To Chelsea. I would not be surprised to see him in Roma though.

I don't think Tassotti will follow him and surely I can't see any of our players doing so.

Rijkaard is probably going to be his successor. I'd like Gasperini but he does not have a Milan past so our board probably don't even consider him.

+Quote Post

Tennie
post May 15 2009, 12:31 PM
Post #4

Token Girl
Group Icon

Discuss all you want! That's what the space is for. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

The article linked above is the Italian translation of a Sun article stating that Ancelotti will announce his farewell tomorrow if Milan beat Udinese. They seem sure he's going to Chelsea.

(with Rizzoli as ref, I'm not particularly hopeful about the game; he always favors the home team and is not a very good ref.)

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post May 15 2009, 12:36 PM
Post #5

Primavera

QUOTE (dst @ May 15 2009, 02:55 PM) *
I'd like Gasperini but he does not have a Milan past so our board probably don't even consider him.

Me too!

My preferred order would be this: 1. Rijkaard, 2. Spalletti, 3. Mvb and Gasperini

But I have this feeling that Carlo is going nowhere.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post May 15 2009, 02:40 PM
Post #6

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

I thought this might be relevant. I can't believe I haven't noticed this site before.

A Call for Rational Thought…

It is safe to say than in the past few days my frustrations have mounted. It all started with the brash claim of Silvio Berlusconi stating that this season’s failures were on the shoulders of Ancelotti. Now I am fully aware of the fact that in heated moments I too have called for Carletto’s head, but when the owner opens his mouth and not his checkbook, doesn’t this blame gain have an air of lunacy to it? Sure the esteemed opened his checkbook, but for what, Shevchenko and Ronaldinho!? Have these players aided Carletto in his quest for a trophy? Has their purchase made the task of the coach any easier!? Arguable Carletto’s job has been muddled because now he has to deal with the never ending saga of Ronaldinho playing or not playing. Couple this weekly distraction with the notion of keeping Kaka happy while Ronaldinho is on the field, and suddenly standing in Carletto’s shoes seems a lot more of a nightmare than many of us want to make it out be.

The biggest complaint sent the way of Ancelotti has been his tactics. Even the wise old Silvio claims that Milan should be utilizing players who like the ball at their feet. Well first of all if Silvio knew for a moment what he was talking about he would clearly see that the majority of Milan games this season employed players who like the ball at their feet with likes of Clarence, Kaka, Pato, and Ronaldinho featuring. Add the wingback roles of Zambro, Janks, and wing presence of Beckham and puzzlingly you wonder what on Earth could Berlusconi have meant? He meant play my prized Ronaldinho you fool! But lacked the balls to really tell his coach what he felt.

Tactics aside, my biggest concern stemming from the dismissal of Carletto is the void left, which may be impossible to overcome. In 1996 Milan parted ways with the great Don Fabio Cappello who was on his way to Madrid. Fabio of great success, much akin to Carletto, left Milan in the incompetent hands of Oscar Tabarez, a Berlusconi favorite, and usher of the darkest days of Berlusconi Milan history. Not until we welcomed Zaccheroni did we taste success again, and not until Carletto did we experience any form of stability, such that had been missing since Sacchi and Cappello were on the bench. So while many of you call for VanBasten, Leonardo, Rijkaard and others let it be known that these coaches, save Rijkaard to some extent, lack the pedigree and winning mentality that has made Carletto so valuable. Many of you claim a player must be seasoned and tested to earn his time on the pitch yet you quickly are willing to hand the reins of the club to Leonardo who has never coached a day in his life!!? Have we lost our minds!? Of course we haven’t because in the next sentence we are willing to try VanBasten because his failure with Ajax in the Dutch first league which is analogous to Serie B at the moment, is certainly the type of coach I want at the helm.

My call now is not defend Carletto until the last dying minute, but my call is for rationality and an end to this ridiculous notion that an Owner is not to blame for his coaches’ shortcomings, especially when that Owner has a direct charge in the oversight of the club. My call is patience and respect to a Coach that has delivered far more than many in his place, but above all is my call for this horrible notion than any former player can just pick up and manage this Club whose legacy extends far beyond any Brazilian, Dutchmen, or even Italian…

Link

While I don't entirely agree with the way he's pointing fingers at Silvio, there are a lot of points I agree with here.

This post has been edited by Jack Sparrow: May 15 2009, 02:42 PM

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post May 15 2009, 03:25 PM
Post #7

Primavera

Not a bad article, I agree with some of what the writer says, but I found this part absolutely ridiculous:

So while many of you call for VanBasten, Leonardo, Rijkaard and others let it be known that these coaches, save Rijkaard to some extent, lack the pedigree and winning mentality that has made Carletto so valuable. Many of you claim a player must be seasoned and tested to earn his time on the pitch yet you quickly are willing to hand the reins of the club to Leonardo who has never coached a day in his life!!? Have we lost our minds!?

Rijkaard to some extent? if it's about having pedigree and winning mentality, Carlo didn't really have either of those when he came to Milan any more than Rijkaard has right now. in fact Rijkaard is miles ahead, having won La Liga titles and a CL with a big club. I think the writer's point in entirely invalid.

And also, who ever said it had to be Leonardo? what does the writer mean by you. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

+Quote Post

Tennie
post May 15 2009, 03:32 PM
Post #8

Token Girl
Group Icon

I agree with the point about Carletto's job being made more difficult when players are brought in that don't necessarily fit tactically or that are in because the owner (and not necessarily the coach) wants them in -- ie, Sheva and Ronaldinho.

As for coaches and experience, It's a cointoss in my opinion. Sure, a lot of folks would want someone with real experience in winning lots of titles (my fantasy choice here would be Capello). That said, a couple of Milan's very best coaches had very little coaching experience and no titles to their name when they came to Milan -- Capello and Sacchi. So...

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post May 15 2009, 03:43 PM
Post #9

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

^^

And Carlo

+Quote Post

dst
post May 15 2009, 03:51 PM
Post #10

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

I stopped reading at Berlusconi "lacked the balls"... this guy can't be more than 15 years old and if he is he is clearly ignorant... if he only knew what has come out of Berlusconi's moth in the past... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

I've made my opinion clear about how I think Ancelotti is responsible for losing us many points by playing Seedorf but another factor that in my opinion shows that injuries were not as important as the management make it seem is that from the 8 games we've played with the bottom 4 teams of the table we have only managed to get 15 points out of 24. No we don't need all of ours best players to beat these team. That's 9 points lost there. Inter's gap is 7 points...

In my opinion we lost the championship because of Carlo playing Seedorf and not being able to motivate the team. I have not seen a motivated Milan this season apart from a few games.

+Quote Post

I_Rossoneri
post May 15 2009, 04:51 PM
Post #11

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 558

QUOTE (Zed.D @ May 15 2009, 03:25 PM) *
Not a bad article, I agree with some of what the writer says, but I found this part absolutely ridiculous:

Rijkaard to some extent? if it's about having pedigree and winning mentality, Carlo didn't really have either of those when he came to Milan any more than Rijkaard has right now. in fact Rijkaard is miles ahead, having won La Liga titles and a CL with a big club. I think the writer's point in entirely invalid.

And also, who ever said it had to be Leonardo? what does the writer mean by you. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

Totally agree, before he came to us he was ridiculed by being called the nearly man. I still don't think he has a winners mentality as it seems to me his first thought in a game is not to lose. Rijkaard on the other hand did play attacking football and was successful.

QUOTE (dst @ May 15 2009, 03:51 PM) *
I stopped reading at Berlusconi "lacked the balls"... this guy can't be more than 15 years old and if he is he is clearly ignorant... if he only knew what has come out of Berlusconi's moth in the past... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

I've made my opinion clear about how I think Ancelotti is responsible for losing us many points by playing Seedorf but another factor that in my opinion shows that injuries were not as important as the management make it seem is that from the 8 games we've played with the bottom 4 teams of the table we have only managed to get 15 points out of 24. No we don't need all of ours best players to beat these team. That's 9 points lost there. Inter's gap is 7 points...

In my opinion we lost the championship because of Carlo playing Seedorf and not being able to motivate the team. I have not seen a motivated Milan this season apart from a few games.

We lost the championship because carlo lacked the balls to be adventurous and attack. Why we persist with the outdated xmas tree is beyond me!?!? I mean we play a 'smaller' side and we line up with a back four, two dm's and only one forward!!!! While to some extent I do agree that we have had more than our fair share of injuries I still think we could and should have achieved far more with the squad we have, and that is down to one man.

This post has been edited by I_Rossoneri: May 15 2009, 04:52 PM

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post May 15 2009, 04:57 PM
Post #12

Primavera

QUOTE (dst @ May 15 2009, 06:21 PM) *

Agreed.
It's not one man's mistakes though.

IMO:

Carlo
1. makes wrong decisions football-wise (they've been mentioned enough)
2. is not a charismatic coach. he cannot motivate the team, which is full of winners, when facing bottom table teams, against which we lost the title.
3. doesn't seem to get the players he wants. it looks more likely that he gets the players the management/Berlu want (I personally see that as a weak point. he's a yes-man)

Berlu
1. for being sentimental. I think it's clear for everyone who brought Sheva back and wasted nearly 20 million on Dinho.
2. for not investing in the club like he used to (but there's probably an economical reason (IMG:http://www.milanfan.com/forums/style_images/bullet/folder_post_icons/icon14.gif) )

This post has been edited by Zed.D: May 15 2009, 05:01 PM

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post May 15 2009, 06:06 PM
Post #13

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

Madrid.
I think a few fringe players will leave, but none of the main starters of long serving players will.
Rijkaard.

+Quote Post

il_diavolo_mtl
post May 16 2009, 01:38 AM
Post #14

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,245

I saw good coaching when i saw Chivo vs Inter. I think his name is Del canio or something, but he won the chess match against Mourinho with MUCH lesser players. His troops were focused and firing on all cylinders to beat inter.
He took the worst team in Serie and pretty much got them out of relegation single handedly, with the exact same players. Not to say that we need him, just saying that a Coach Doesn't have to be a liability (bad subs and such). We deserve Change, Rijkaard has my vote, though i guess the fool in me wishes we had a gritty bottom-side coach fire up our players.

+Quote Post

6Best
post May 16 2009, 08:49 AM
Post #15

Pulcini Provinciali 98

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,299

Hmmm.......... , I think Carlo will stay at Milan for at least one more season ; maybe then he finally leaves to..................Chelsea ??? ( Lol @ nice restaurant (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) ) . And I don't think any other player would follow him ( they don't need to go to a restaurant to get their food ) , although Chelsea I think , would like to have Kaka coming as well ; he would not leave . As for the future coach , Rijkaard is the likely one . (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:37 PM