> Serie A 2019/2020 season, All Milan games in Serie A

Fillipo Simone
post Oct 1 2019, 02:54 PM
Post #346

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

I see we're getting linked with Wenger again, but I don't know if it's just media BS or something real.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 1 2019, 03:01 PM
Post #347

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

Galliani's short-sightedness brought us in this mess. He's the main culprit for wasting club funds on useless players, extending inflated contracts to declining players, and not coming up with a business plan that would keep us strong in the medium to long run. I'm marvelled that there are people who still defend that buffoon.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 1 2019, 03:03 PM
Post #348

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Oct 1 2019, 02:54 PM) *
I see we're getting linked with Wenger again, but I don't know if it's just media BS or something real.

Probably just media BS. Other names being mentioned are Shevchenko (are we gonna ruin relations with another loegend?) and Ruudi Garcia (my choice).

Spalletti said last night on an Italian TV show that he has no interest in Milan right now as he's still under contract with Inter.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Oct 1 2019, 04:37 PM
Post #349

Primavera
Group Icon

And we have no money to pay his salary (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

+Quote Post

Danny
post Oct 1 2019, 04:41 PM
Post #350

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

I'm sorry, but 2012's decision to sell and release our entire squad is why we're in this mess now.

It's not any more complicated. I said back in 2011 we needed to consolidate our Scudetto with some serious signings. Instead we got SAS and Mexes. It's just been degradation since then.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Oct 1 2019, 06:03 PM
Post #351

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Oct 1 2019, 05:53 PM) *
No, that was not what I meant. But out of the three Gazidis is the one with experience and he's the expensive acquisition. And right now his rule of signing youngsters and talents isn't exactly helping, especially in Serie A.

Why would anyone be motivated to target EL after this seasons decision to forfeit our spot? The same will probably happen next year as well.

Oh and don't get me even started on how superior the Galliani management was. Don't you see that this is exactly how we got here in the first place? Sorry, Milan becoming the club of today must be one of the biggest falls in football history for sure. In the last 20 years, perhaps even more.

Gazidis was brought in to make sure Milan are put on a path of self sustainability; his record at Arsenal speaks volumes as they are by far the best club in that regard.

The club forfeited EL in a settlement agreement with UEFA to wash away previous seasons FFP breaches. Doesn’t mean it is the flavor of the management to forfeit the same every season. And if it does happen next year as well, assuming Milan does qualify, then it will be as another settlement whereby Milan had breached FFP again.

Im sorry, Galliani to-date is the best director Milan had. FFP was introduced in 2011/12 season IIRC and was first brought to the attention of clubs for adherence in 2009. At that time Milan had been running losses year on year and its Revenues were on a constant decline. So if your memory of Galliani was from 2009 onwards then obviously you would view him in such negative light. Limited funds and an inflated transfer market dominated by free spending EPL clubs shoved Milan right out of competition to sign top players. My memory of Galliani was in constructing super teams, the ones that made us fall in love with the club.

How we got here in the first place? Well that is down to several factors. But the main culprit is FFP. Without FFP Milan would still be making losses but signed the best of the best.

Today the club is serious about self sustainability. But the onfield issues are Maldini and Bobans scope whom are doing a splendid job you say? But ofcourse its all Gallianis doing isnt it;/

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 1 2019, 08:05 PM
Post #352

QUOTE (Danny @ Oct 1 2019, 04:41 PM) *
I'm sorry, but 2012's decision to sell and release our entire squad is why we're in this mess now.

It's not any more complicated. I said back in 2011 we needed to consolidate our Scudetto with some serious signings. Instead we got SAS and Mexes. It's just been degradation since then.

I wholeheartedly agree. We had built a solid foundation, just won the Scudetto, but instead of getting stronger, we practically stayed as we were. And next summer then we sold everyone. Catastrophic.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 2 2019, 10:11 AM
Post #353

Gazzetta claiming that there's the possibility of seeing Rebic-Leao-Suso against Genoa, with Piatek on the bench.

If Giampaolo also plays Paqueta instead of Calhanoglu, we might have a shot of finally playing our best formation and see whether we can get anywhere with it or not.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Oct 2 2019, 07:47 PM
Post #354

Primavera
Group Icon

Meaning he'll stay until December and then get sacked. Great.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 3 2019, 03:58 PM
Post #355

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 1 2019, 03:01 PM) *
Galliani's short-sightedness brought us in this mess. He's the main culprit for wasting club funds on useless players, extending inflated contracts to declining players, and not coming up with a business plan that would keep us strong in the medium to long run. I'm marvelled that there are people who still defend that buffoon.

Agreed

QUOTE (Danny @ Oct 1 2019, 04:41 PM) *

I actually think the downward slide started before then. 2006 was that year imo. in 2007 we won a CL that was won thanks to Kaka having a superhuman season and some of the vets having a renaissance (in the CL mind you, we were bad in the league that season). But the squad during that time was already going through a major decline with most of the players starting to get older.

In 2010 we brought in a super boost in the form of Zlatan, but the supporting cast was still mostly the same as it had been in 2007 only 3/4 years older. The summer after we won the Scudetto, we again failed to address the issues that were clear to see but were hidden by Zlatan's amazing performances, and to add insult to injury, the following summer we sold off the 2 most important players that were key in covering up those flaws. Add to that, the slew of legends that retired, players who Galliani knew were on their last legs but never bothered to bring in players who could take the mantle from them. And thus came the downfall.

Galliani was shortsighted and too emotionally invested in certain players. Not to mention his terribly bad decisions when it came to contract extensions and signing free transfers. All of which led to where we are today. I mean, how can anyone forget that up until this summer we were still paying big money to players that were brought in by Galliani that never played

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Oct 1 2019, 06:03 PM) *
Gazidis was brought in to make sure Milan are put on a path of self sustainability; his record at Arsenal speaks volumes as they are by far the best club in that regard.

The club forfeited EL in a settlement agreement with UEFA to wash away previous seasons FFP breaches. Doesn’t mean it is the flavor of the management to forfeit the same every season. And if it does happen next year as well, assuming Milan does qualify, then it will be as another settlement whereby Milan had breached FFP again.

Im sorry, Galliani to-date is the best director Milan had. FFP was introduced in 2011/12 season IIRC and was first brought to the attention of clubs for adherence in 2009. At that time Milan had been running losses year on year and its Revenues were on a constant decline. So if your memory of Galliani was from 2009 onwards then obviously you would view him in such negative light. Limited funds and an inflated transfer market dominated by free spending EPL clubs shoved Milan right out of competition to sign top players. My memory of Galliani was in constructing super teams, the ones that made us fall in love with the club.

How we got here in the first place? Well that is down to several factors. But the main culprit is FFP. Without FFP Milan would still be making losses but signed the best of the best.

Today the club is serious about self sustainability. But the onfield issues are Maldini and Bobans scope whom are doing a splendid job you say? But ofcourse its all Gallianis doing isnt it;/

Disagree

The fact that we had those financial problems even before FFP tells you all that needs to be said re Galliani and his management. Not just in the footballing sense, but business wise as well

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 1 2019, 08:05 PM) *
I wholeheartedly agree. We had built a solid foundation, just won the Scudetto, but instead of getting stronger, we practically stayed as we were. And next summer then we sold everyone. Catastrophic.

I actually disagree a bit there.

Our entire foundation was based on Thiago, Zlatan and a slew of old legends that were retiring within a season. That is not a solid foundation.

Had we really had a solid foundation, the sale of Thiago and Zlatan would not have had the ripple effects that it had. Teams lose great players every summer and carry on. We just crumbled after that, and that is because there was no supporting cast or even a plan to bring one in

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 3 2019, 04:32 PM
Post #356

QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 3 2019, 03:58 PM) *
I actually disagree a bit there.

Our entire foundation was based on Thiago, Zlatan and a slew of old legends that were retiring within a season. That is not a solid foundation.

Had we really had a solid foundation, the sale of Thiago and Zlatan would not have had the ripple effects that it had. Teams lose great players every summer and carry on. We just crumbled after that, and that is because there was no supporting cast or even a plan to bring one in

Thiago and Ibra were the solid foundation I'm talking about. Then we had guys like Mexes, Abate, Nocerino, Boateng, Cassano, Robinho, and let's not forget Pato. Had we not sold Ibra and Thiago, and replaced Nesta, Zambrotta, Van Bommel and Seedorf with decent players, we would have still made a challenge for the Scudetto. But we let go of everyone and here we are now. A mid-table team. Thanks to Galliani.

+Quote Post

CrazyMilanFan
post Oct 4 2019, 12:31 PM
Post #357

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 3,873

any chance of sacking of our coach yet? havent followed anything or last 2 3 weeks

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 4 2019, 12:51 PM
Post #358

QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Oct 4 2019, 12:31 PM) *
any chance of sacking of our coach yet? havent followed anything or last 2 3 weeks

Nope. He's very confirmed at the moment.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 4 2019, 12:57 PM
Post #359

It's funny how before the Fiorentina game Giampaolo was so positive in his interviews, always saying the usual BS about the team improving etc. Yet after one defeat now his press conferences are completely the opposite. That we have to get out of this moment together, that in time we'll improve blah blah.

One thing struck me in particular:

Journalist - Why did we get to this point? Why is Milan at this crossroads?
Giampaolo - "A situation that no one expected. But now we're in it and we have to get out of it. Maybe we've done something wrong."

No one expected??? By no one you mean only you, my dear Giampaolo. And maybe Maldini and Boban as well. Cos the majority of fans were very disappointed after the transfer window closed.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Oct 4 2019, 03:23 PM
Post #360

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) 'maybe we've done something wrong'

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

YA THINK?!?!?!

+Quote Post

68 Pages V  « < 22 23 24 25 26 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
5 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:12 AM